• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Meeting 2016 | Conference Thread [Over]

What is your reaction to the new PlayStation line-up?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Molemitts

I was right. :^)

They'll show the slim and the Neo and show off what some games we already know about will look like on the Neo and that's it.

It was silly to expect more.

Anyway, that did nothing to convince me the PS4 Pro is worth it and I have a 4K TV. Pretty much just confirmed my plans to get a gaming PC instead.

Septic360

Banned
giphy.gif

Lmfao!!

WHAT ARE THE SPECS?!!

Seriously, its 2 months away and they don't even give us the specs?? Thats a fucking joke

They lost me the moment Cerny said about better framerates with PSVR. The one thing PSVR had to master was framerate, I don't care if it looks better, but now I don't believe that the PS4 OG will have decent framerate with VR. Inb4 snarky "it never had".

I have zero interest on buying a new 4K TV, that whole thing is useless to me.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I don't know. Even at 399$ it's hard sell just for performance difference. All this HDR talk is pointless if you don't don't have the right display.

At $399 they will be fine. They can let Scorpio come out for 12 months and then announce a PS5.

this thing doesn't have a 4k blu ray ??? YES OR NO because

LOL

all the games just looked like basic ps4 games at least to me..

i seriously hope Sony has a PS4 Pro 2.0 planned to go against the more premium Scorpio that we all know will be massively powerful even when compared to dedicated gaming PCs.

I wasn't expecting a whole lot. Whether or not I get this thing is pretty much entirely dependent on Bloodborne getting some kind of enhancement patch. I wasn't expecting them to give it an extended demo since it's an old game and though it sold well it's not a monster seller like Uncharted 4. But I was hoping it might appear in a sizzle reel for current PS4 games that would have enhancements.

I guess I'll keep holding my breath and hoping for word about it though, but I'm not expecting anything at this point.

Nibel

This was a very bad presentation for their supposed new flagship product; demos were lacking, too.

Weird, weird conference

Alpende

A console nobody asked for and nobody needs.

It was evident in the press conference how they were desperately trying to explain why this console
Is marginally better.

They were anticipating a problem that doesn't exist.

They should have just shown the slim and ride it out until 2018 and announce PS5

If MS is doing HDR/4K stuff, Sony has to do something as well. I'm not gonna get it, first have to get a 4K TV.

Neonep

Thoughts...
1. Conference was basura.
2. PS4 Pro is ugly
3. PS4 Pro seems unnecessary
4. #ColinWasRight

I'm not buying that shit. Hopefully TGS is a good rebound.

SHarris78

I don't have a 4K TV, but will be getting PSVR, so i'm gonna wait and see what improvements those games will have before deciding whether to buy.

Stiler

This was a huge disappointment for me. I was hoping for a bigger step-up, something that'd make it worthwhile for current ps4 owners who don't have a 4k tv, but it seems like they are foucsing so much on 4k/hdr rather then giving enough power to allow for the games and non-4k users to actually want it.

Why did we need a conference for that? It feels like the TV division went to Papa Sony and asked them to make the PlayStation division do this. There was zero enthusiasm in that room.

Gurish

Sounds like an excellent life. Im jealous.

Gaf with the usual hyperbole, you must live in paradise, like you are probably Dan Bilzerian if those were the worst 45 min of your life...

And no the conf wasn't good but why do people always have to be so damn dramatic?

Namikaze

Definitely looks like a new wireless headset is coming. Might actually be interested depending on the durability...

Also, I wonder if that new PS camera is the one that comes with all PSVR preorders. Might sell off my old one if I decide to keep my preorder.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
QFT

MS is in the drivers seat right now when it comes to the new powerful consoles.

lol @ thinking that Microsoft is suddenly going to slay the competition because they'll have the strongest console on the market 7 months from now, because as we all know power is tied to undiminishing success.

Microsoft will continue being Microsoft and I don't see that changing one bit. Perhaps they'll do better in North America, but when its competitor, that which is Sony, will have had its stronger PS4 out for almost seven months, an ample amount of time to permeate the market and mindshare of consumers, then they should be the ones to worry.

I don't know what everyone was expecting - this is what the console has rumoured to be for ages?

For the price I think it's a good buy but for someone with a 1080p set and a PS4, it didn't convince me to upgrade.

Mainly because I'm a PC gamer so I realise the hardware in it won't be providing a great 4K experience yet. It's not even as powerful as my PC and I haven't moved to 4K on that yet...

Well, that was a waste of everyone's time...
At least the price of the Pro is decent but I'll stick with my old model.
I'm sure the first party studios will take advantage of the upgrade but nobody else will past the launch and I don't really care anyway.

Mario wins the day once again.

This presentation sucked. It felt that Sony was only talking to the people who love to blow a ton of money because that's what this is about (4KTV + Pro = $$$).

My regular PS4 does the job. I'll wait for a Final Fantasy VII Remake bundle.

Well yeah, that was pretty much the entire point. It was for the Neo, we knew this, if you don't want one the conference was not for you. I'm still confused by what it offers HDTV owners though.

Top Bottom