• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | April 2015

ZeroAKA

iiS4t2fLaKHvb.png

The PlayStation Network Thread is a monthly discussion thread for everything related to Vita, PS4, and PS3, with a focus on PSN games and updates.

ibmWTpjQgUA1Fv.png

April 7
  • Aaru’s Awakening (PS4, PS3)
  • Bastion (PS4)
  • Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4, PS3)
  • Monsterbag (Vita)
  • Stealth Inc 2 A Game of Clones (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Tower of Guns (PS4, PS3)
April 14
  • Best of Arcade Games - Deluxe Edition (Vita)
  • Bloxiq (Vita)
  • Medieval Defenders (Vita)
  • Mortal Kombat X (PS4, PS3)
  • Teslagrad (PS4, PS3)
  • Titan Souls (PS4, Vita)
  • We are Doomed (PS4)
April 21
  • Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China (PS4)
  • Color Guardians (PS4, Vita)
  • Infinity Runner (PS4)
  • LA Cops (PS4)
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee New ‘N’ Tasty (PS3)
  • Sayonara UmiharaKawase + (Vita)
  • Shovel Knight (PS4, PS3, Vita)
  • Ziggurat (PS4)
April 28
  • Broken Age (PS4, Vita)
  • Omega Quintet (PS4)
  • Paranormal Pursuit: The Gifted One Collector’s Edition (PS3)
  • Project Root (PS4, Vita)
  • Risk (PS3)
  • Sketchcross (VIta)
  • Tropico 5 (PS4)
TBA
  • Mighty No. 9 (PS4, PS3, Vita)
Check the PS Blog “Store Update” posts for full details on weekly releases and sales (NA/EU).
See a more comprehensive list of future releases at PSNStores.

ibwPrLR9Mefl3p.png

Free games for PlayStation Plus subscribers this month:
  • Aaru’s Awakening (PS4, PS3)
  • Dishonored (PS3)
  • Killzone Mercenary (Vita)
  • MonsterBag (Vita)
  • Never Alone (PS4)
  • Tower of Guns (PS4, PS3)
    [*]Driveclub: PS+ Edition

iHUAxXtoTyeV.png

Surprisingly, the one true SSD took the cake this month. Here are the reasons why you should play Soul Sacrifice Delta, according to baekshi and flandy:
Buy Soul Sacrifice Delta.
I enjoy AAA dudebro quality first person shooters like the excellent Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified and not shitty Sony first party games like Sleepaway and Time Sacrificed.
I’m not sure why anyone would vote for anything other than SSD, but this game also won GotM this month for some reason:
ibyL25ATGzgI3l.png

Possibly the last first party Vita game we'll ever get. What a way to go out if it is. Such a steal at $20 for this game; beautiful graphics, unique gameplay mechanics, and an epic soundtrack.
Fantastic jrpg meets clan sim. Lead your clan through the ages, mate with gods, and rain destruction upon your enemies as you gain lewt through a cool slot machine. Beautiful game, deep mechanics, worth all your money.

ibu30xyCLRiErX.png

• Quote to view and add yourself to the PSNGAF friend list!
  • PM wilflare or me to get an invite to the VitaGAF Line group.
Please post in this thread or PM me if you have any suggestions to improve this OP!

iKJ4qpy7KQ8Uh.png

Failed attempt at an April Fool’s joke, sue me.

Not even on the wall of shame. I am cured of my addiction! Praise the lord!

**Your old banners were better. Do it over.

I'm the Top 15 poster Yay! LOL That means I started posting frequently again.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
April should be great, Shovel Knight is coming. Hopefully the hype is true for this game.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H3OM30/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hoping someone in VitaGAF can help me out here.

I bought a Vita Slim recently (sold off my OLED Vita due to hand issues due to surgery on my right hand, the old Vita weighted too much while the new one I can hold without hurting it) and noticed that stylus I was using (linked to above) on the OLED Vita doesn't work unless I really press hard on the screen.

Not sure what's different but I'm needing a new stylus now as I usually play non-touch games and don't want to have to clean it each time because Sony requires swiping to unlock the system still.

ZeroAKA

Oreshika kind of dominated the votes this month. It exceeded the second place games (Helldivers and Bloodborne) by 6 votes. None of the other games are worth mentioning.

Shizuka

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001H3OM30/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Hoping someone in VitaGAF can help me out here.

I bought a Vita Slim recently (sold off my OLED Vita due to hand issues due to surgery on my right hand, the old Vita weighted too much while the new one I can hold without hurting it) and noticed that stylus I was using (linked to above) on the OLED Vita doesn't work unless I really press hard on the screen.

Not sure what's different but I'm needing a new stylus now as I usually play non-touch games and don't want to have to clean it each time because Sony requires swiping to unlock the system still.

Are you using a screen filter? That might help your problem, as it's easier to clean your screen if you're using one.

Flunkie

Banned
Soul Sacrifice Delta doesn't have a demo in NA/EU though.

Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika Oreshika

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I almost always play the Vita with headphones so I didn't notice it until my batteries ran out on my bluetooth set but the Vita might have the worst placed speakers of any handheld I have ever used. At first I just though oh, the sound output must still be stuck on bluetooth but nope, my thumb was covering up both speakers because of how I hold it.

Tizoc

f41169ab28.png

is this Ys I or Ys II? can't remember.
But really? He didn't give me much trouble

Ys 1. Mind you it is 6 AM and I quit after reaching max level and best equipment, I guess I just need to time my bumping and let him chase me.

Thieve

Neo Member
I almost always play the Vita with headphones so I didn't notice it until my batteries ran out on my bluetooth set but the Vita might have the worst placed speakers of any handheld I have ever used. At first I just though oh, the sound output must still be stuck on bluetooth but nope, my thumb was covering up both speakers because of how I hold it.

Which headphones do you use?

RK128

Happy April everyone :D!

This month's PS+ line-up is killer (now more people can see why Killzone Mercenary is such a great game :)) and with CN Elite Awards coming tomorrow, the first two weeks of the month is kicking off with some great 'free' games :D.

Mighty No. 9 is a April game?! I had no idea it was coming out this soon.....thought it was supposed to launch this fall for all platforms but nope, it seems to be coming out this month. Welp, guess I will be getting that alongside Shovel Knight and Broken Age for my Vita this month :). Then I can vote for a GoTM (as all the games I got were either PS1 Classics or stuff that came out a while back) for Shovel Knight :D! Man is that going to rock :).

It's the April thread!
B19uidP.gif

Gonna be using this GIF every month for every time we get a new thread. Anyway, got both Axiom Verge and Kiwami. The former, I played for a bit on the Vita and feels amazing. The latter, I was short $2 in credit to buy it, so I say screw it and bought it also. Let's hope I get to play it :S

SerTapTap

Estival Versus while listening to Axiom Verge's OST. It's a good week.

Darn Shizuka posting more than me

It's still a pretty awful program, though adding in Wifi was nice of them it takes too long. I wish they had a nice tool for ripping out just the save files. I guess they want you to pay for such a feature.

I have no idea how they thought the Vita save file system (saves inseparably tied to game data) was okay. I have PS+ for save uploads but it's still super annoying. And yeah Content Manager isn't well made, but the service it provides is invaluable. I wish I could control it all on the PC side.

Hikami

to think I could've been playing Operation Abyss this month.. the DRPG withdrawal is real.
Might just give Mind Zero a try

Yay, new thread time!

-

Edit;
MonsterBag and Stealth Inc 2 coming to Vita on the 7th, Project Root on the 28th - might want to add it to the OP.

Oh, and Color Guardians pushed to the 21st.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Which headphones do you use?

I sort of collect mid level headphones so I've got a lot. That day I was using Sennheiser PX 210 BTs that have been my workout headphones for the past years. Good set with great battery life but they just happened to break yesterday. Going to try and see if they are under warranty this weekend.

Chuy

Agreeing with the bold as i have the same problem when using the vita without headphones. Really wish they would've put the speakers in a better spot

Yay new thread!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I have no idea how they thought the Vita save file system (saves inseparably tied to game data) was okay. I have PS+ for save uploads but it's still super annoying. And yeah Content Manager isn't well made, but the service it provides is invaluable. I wish I could control it all on the PC side.

Even Nintendo got that shit right! They even have a nice tool for transferring save files from cards to digital versions.

The N3DS's file transfer system over wifi is leagues better than the one with content manager. 4 times as fast and no program that crashes from time to time.

Thieve

Neo Member
I sort of collect mid level headphones so I've got a lot. That day I was using Sennheiser PX 210 BTs that have been my workout headphones for the past years. Good set with great battery life but they just happened to break yesterday. Going to try and see if they are under warranty this weekend.

Do you happen to own the Photive BTH3? Been eyeing them for a while, and they have decent reviews, and are pretty cheap. Just ordered my Vita yesterday so I wasn't too sure about bluetooth on it. The BTH3 page on Amazon does show a PSP, so I'm assuming they'd work with it.

Tizoc

I'm the Top 15 poster Yay! LOL That means I started posting frequently again.
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
April should be great, Shovel Knight is coming. Hopefully the hype is true for this game.

It is very true, really good 2D platformer game.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I actually stopped myself from buying it on 3DS because, even though my brain kept telling me to buy it, my heart knew it would come to the Vita.

I've got the game on all available platforms right now and will say that the 3DS is the best fit for it because the game uses 3D wonderfully. If you don't care about that/can't see it then it's still a great version. Going to get it on Vita one day too, though I don't care a single bit about Kratos.

v1perz53

Even Nintendo got that shit right! They even have a nice tool for transferring save files from cards to digital versions.

The N3DS's file transfer system over wifi is leagues better than the one with content manager. 4 times as fast and no program that crashes from time to time.

Huh I must have been using it wrong, when setting up my n3DS XL using the WiFi transfer said it would take something like 40 hours to transfer my stuff. Ended up buying a SD card reader because it was taking too long. Though that obviously ended up going quite fast. I can never really say Nintendo did things right regarding storage and transfers though, since I need to open my damn n3DS XL with a screwdriver to swap the SD card. I've copied my entire 64 GB card using content manager to my PC and it only took a little over an hour.

Content manager is garbage though, and I guess Vita could use a way to transfer saves without using PS+, though someone owning both a physical and digital version of the same game is probably quite rare.

I actually stopped myself from buying it on 3DS because, even though my brain kept telling me to buy it, my heart knew it would come to the Vita.

I was actually waiting for either a really good pc/3ds sale or for whenever I finally bought a WiiU, but once I heard vita/PS4 I was delighted. Waiting paid off.

kevin1025

Banned
Happy April everyone :D!

This month's PS+ line-up is killer (now more people can see why Killzone Mercenary is such a great game :)) and with CN Elite Awards coming tomorrow, the first two weeks of the month is kicking off with some great 'free' games :D.

Mighty No. 9 is a April game?! I had no idea it was coming out this soon.....thought it was supposed to launch this fall for all platforms but nope, it seems to be coming out this month. Welp, guess I will be getting that alongside Shovel Knight and Broken Age for my Vita this month :). Then I can vote for a GoTM (as all the games I got were either PS1 Classics or stuff that came out a while back) for Shovel Knight :D! Man is that going to rock :).

I'm really happy about the PS+ line-up, too. The announcement thread was kind of a bummer with all of the hate, but I guess that's to be expected now. Shovel Knight and Broken Age are awesome choices!

SerTapTap

I'm really happy about the PS+ line-up, too. The announcement thread was kind of a bummer with all of the hate, but I guess that's to be expected now. Shovel Knight and Broken Age are awesome choices!

Never read the announcement threads. We could get Rime, The Last Guardian, Halo 5 and Super Mario Universe and the thread would be full of bitching. It's a universal constant. Read the list of games and abort.

I've got the game on all available platforms right now and will say that the 3DS is the best fit for it because the game uses 3D wonderfully. If you don't care about that/can't see it then it's still a great version. Going to get it on Vita one day too, though I don't care a single bit about Kratos.
I love my n3DS but my Vita is my indie machine. My 3DS is more for the exclusives, for instance Xenoblade in a few days. I'm really excited for that one, that game is huge.

AsfaeksBR

Titan Souls is out this month? Woooooooooo. Mighty No.9 has a chance, too? Woooooooo
Will wait for double dipping on Shovel Knight, though. Axion Verge is up there on the list for Must-Buy's, but will wait til the Vita version gets released since I know I won't play it on the PS4.

Top Bottom