• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | August 2016

autoduelist

I don't think you're calm.

:p

i'm pissed, sure, but pretty darn calm. i didn't even say 'shit!' when it happened, just accepted it was trashed. i'll be truly pissed if my 64g card is toast. maybe it doesn't read well on the internets but i was laughing about it when i told my wife what happened. i spent more time saving the spider than my vita. it takes a lot to get me riled.

Saphirax

i'm pissed, sure, but pretty darn calm. i didn't even say 'shit!' when it happened, just accepted it was trashed. i'll be truly pissed if my 64g card is toast. maybe it doesn't read well on the internets but i was laughing about it when i told my wife what happened. i spent more time saving the spider than my vita. it takes a lot to get me riled.

Haha, I'd be the same most likely. Probably with some 'Oh, come on!' thrown in there for good measure.

Hopefully your memory card is fine. That shit is expensive.

Kudo

Deus Ex Mankind Divided and PDX !
Man, July went so fast I'm starting to worry about my perception of time.

hey all - quick question - i've let my PS+ account lapse for the first time ;___;

(thought I was on auto renew)

will this mess anything on my account up when I resign up? or will it all be as if I never quit?

VLiberty

Is it me or have vita memory cards been out of production for a while?

No store is selling them and even amazon doesn't sell them first hand anymore. You'll only find third party scalper's bullshit

Why can't sony just let third party make their cards? It's not like these things are eternal (even though they should, considering the price...) and it will be a huge problem a couple of years from now.

I was thinking about tweeting Yoshida about this

Is it me or have vita memory cards been out of production for a while?

No store is selling them and even amazon doesn't sell them first hand anymore. You'll only find third party scalper's bullshit

We would have heard Vita memory card production halting if they had. They announce this publicly.

Amazon is selling them directly if you ask me.

You can probably search for a better price elsewhere, but Amazon
JP
does ship worldwide if you're really running out of options.

hey all - quick question - i've let my PS+ account lapse for the first time ;___;

will this mess anything on my account up when I resign up? or will it all be as if I never quit?

It'll be pretty much like you never quit, though you might want to open any PS+ games on your card to make sure they verify your subscription before playing away from wifi.

maouvin

iirc only thing that can go wrong with letting it expire is that your cloud saves will be deleted after 6 straight months without PS+.

RK128

Like others said, nothing is lost. Just re-open your plus games while connected online before leaving your hope once you get PS+ again and you are set :D.

autoduelist

Oh crap. I just thought of something. Did I just toast my entire collection of PSMobile games?

That'll be sad. I can get over everything except the loss of Tokyo Jungle Mobile. That hurts.

Massa

Oh crap. I just thought of something. Did I just toast my entire collection of PSMobile games?

That'll be sad. I can get over everything except the loss of Tokyo Jungle Mobile. That hurts.

I was able to activate a PSTV way after the service was shut down, so you may be in luck. I also rebuilt the database on one of my Vita's this week, which supposedly kills PSM, but I was able to launch PSM games after that just fine.

(And yep, it was Tokyo Jungle. Love the mobile version).

Staal

Ok, maybe a bit stupid, but is this also the topic to ask questions about PSP (Go)? I hope so, given the rest of this post.

I was recently lucky enough to find a cheap psp go and I'm thrilled with it. Happy Vita owner and such, but I got into portable gaming (and rss feeds) with a psp 2000. I have given away that system to a friend a few years ago. About a year ago I started to have the idea at least own both portable playstation systems again. So now, I got a version of the psp and have two small questions.
First of all, is the media go app the only way of getting games to a psp?
Secondly, what (must-have) psp games are not playable on the Vita?

Ok, maybe a bit stupid, but is this also the topic to ask questions about PSP (Go)? I hope so, given the rest of this post.

First of all, is the media go app the only way of getting games to a psp?
Secondly, what (must-have) psp games are not playable on the Vita?

I believe you can still download stuff on the PSP directly, but you cannot make any purchase on it as there is no longer any PlayStation Store for PSP. You can also use a PS3 to transfer stuff, I think. Haven't used it in a looooooong while, but it's better than CMA for the sole reason that I can download on my PC (which is on all the time anyways).

The quick answers would usually be... uhh.... UMD-only games. LOL

Ludens

Banned
Well, I created this giveaway but DLCs are still unredeemed,

Nothing they sent me leads me to believe it's a Beta,. so pretty sure it's Early Access to the full game.

US oe EU?
Also guys all DLCS for Risen 3 are still availables.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

1hFaqwB.png
Risen 3 Titan Lords DLC Collection PSN EU -- MB-BDDE8BB005523469 - Taken by thejason40

It contains all DLCs for the game, at least all the ones listed on PSN.

VLiberty

We would have heard Vita memory card production halting if they had. They announce this publicly.

Amazon is selling them directly if you ask me.

You can probably search for a better price elsewhere, but Amazon
JP
does ship worldwide if you're really running out of options.
It's probably just japan then, because it looks like it's not being sold anymore anywhere...

I'm worried about warranty, mostly. And shipping fees...

edit: with fees, it's pricier than the scalper's ones.

autoduelist

I was able to activate a PSTV way after the service was shut down, so you may be in luck. I also rebuilt the database on one of my Vita's this week, which supposedly kills PSM, but I was able to launch PSM games after that just fine.

(And yep, it was Tokyo Jungle. Love the mobile version).

Well, I guess I can hope.

It doesn't bother me that they shut down the PSM store. It does bother me that they [most likely] stopped letting us activate new devices for existing content.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
About trillion GoD, it really pisses me that i had to "sacrifice" mammon, i really wanted her to be the next overlord... Now it's perpell's turn and damn i would be very upset if i manage to kill trillion with her, but at the same time i don't want to lose another overlord :\

About the final form of trillion, since
mokujin won't help and i don't want to waste all the time with a bad training
, can you tell me how many squares it occupies
don't tell me she occupies only one square!
and if it's actually possible to avoid all its attacks?

If you want 2 suggestions for the game once you have good stats pick the passive ability "final sprint" that makes you start with lower stats but they increase over time, i arrived at 999 atk in few turns against trillion second form, and don't use the damage for the sacrifice because it's really low.

One thing i really didn't understand and made me upset, i planned to make mammon retreat, i had some affection points and 1 retreat left but i couldn't retreat :mad:

About trillion GoD, it really pisses me that i had to "sacrifice" mammon, i really wanted her to be the next overlord... Now it's perpell's turn and damn i would be very upset if i manage to kill trillion with her, but at the same time i don't want to lose another overlord :

About the final form of trillion, since
mokujin won't help and i don't want to waste all the time with a bad training
, can you tell me how many squares it occupies
don't tell me she occupies only one square!
and if it's actually possible to avoid all its attacks?

If you want 2 suggestions for the game once you have good stats pick the passive ability "final sprint" that makes you start with lower stats but they increase over time, i arrived at 999 atk in few turns against trillion second form, and don't use the damage for the sacrifice because it's really low.

One thing i really didn't understand and made me upset, i planned to make mammon retreat, i had some affection points and 1 retreat left but i couldn't retreat :mad:
You made it all the way to third form with Mammon? That's fantastic.
Pretty sure there's just no retreating on the final form.
It's very difficult to dodge every attack so try to seal parts when your overlords die.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
You made it all the way to third form with Mammon? That's fantastic.
Pretty sure there's just no retreating on the final form.
It's very difficult to dodge every attack so try to seal parts when your overlords die.

Mammon is the second overlord i used, i started with Levia because i thought i would have liked her the most but i was wrong, with her i didn't do much damage, mammon is the one that made all the way from 950 billions to 350, and i messed up the last fight forgetting to give her items! If i had some mana refiller i would have made at least some more damage, thanks to final sprint in the end i was making more than 20b damage with a single shot of that german sounding attack skill.

When i wanted to retreat trillion was still in the second form though.

I think i'll retry the fight but it's obvious that mammon will die in any case :(

criminal girls 2 wont be sold in germany because USK board refused rating. Just got an email about this. Itll be released PEGI16 in other EU regions and M rated in NA. No Aus either.

RK128

criminal girls 2 wont be sold in germany because USK board refused rating. Just got an email about this. Itll be released PEGI16 in other EU regions and M rated in NA. No Aus either.

Just reported on this too. Shame to hear that but that is what happens sometimes with ratings boards :(. Remember Ubisoft had issues getting South Park The Stick of Truth to release in Germany too, same with WB Games regarding the Mortal Kombat titles.

incpdo

Well, I guess I can hope.

It doesn't bother me that they shut down the PSM store. It does bother me that they [most likely] stopped letting us activate new devices for existing content.
You should get a used PS Vita . You will find lots of those in excellent condition for several reasons, most Vita owners take care of the little device and the ones who are mostly selling it are people that repent on buying the device or don't like the catalogue. And that people didn't even use a Vita. But I'm pretty sure you can get a Vita for very cheap in good condition.

LOL. That doesn't even include a certain DLC.

CG2 is a case where a previous game had almost all reviews telling the same thing (awesome RPG balance, game is too short), but the (new) developers went completely opposite of what the fans wanted. CG2 has fucked up game balance yet is still fucking short. Presentation-wise, it's better than CG (Invitation) but the only reason I ever recommend it to people is due to the rather peculiar (simple yet interesting) gameplay and how balanced it was for most of the game.

P.S. in case any of you guys are playing CG2, play it with latest patch (the one with the casual/easy mode). Casual Mode is what normal should have been*, while the normal mode is the page of evidence of Nippon Ichi sucking at balancing games. Save yourselves, guys.

*I haven't actually played Casual Mode but compared to CGI, normal mode was bullshit. Fucking SPD debuff

Yian is saved.
lel what did he do?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I retried the fgiht with trillion with mammon and while it went a lot worse than the previous fight mammon survived so now i really want to try to kill final trillion with her, but 1 cycle and 7 days aren't enough :\
At least i now know what to expect.

RK128

Been playing the PS Plus games on Vita for the month and I gotta say, Patapon 3 is interesting.

It has an epic main theme, it blends rythem gaming with Monster Hunter, and it has a surprisingly serious tone. Very interesting game that I am looking forward to dig more into.

autoduelist

was playing the first CG alongside shiren when my vita died. Definitely well balanced, interesting combat system. I don't know that im a fan of only 'one move from a list of four' per turn... but the concept, at least, is interesting, and it does make for fairly solid/balanced combat. [one move is a bit of a misnomer, as higher level units often combo during that 'one move' and may also trigger passive actions].

The minigames are ridiculous in every way, though so is the backlash. it's basically some goofy minigames [press the monster that appears, flip the switches that appear, etc] over a fan servicey pic full of smokey haze. At high levels you get to see the pic, so there's that, but it's not like i ever felt like I was 'punishing' anyone even remotely. I was flipping switches and stuff.

deadfolk

Weird. The first one was originally released in Ireland, then quietly disappeared from the store (before I had a chance to buy it).

I wonder what will happen with the second one.

VLiberty

Been playing the PS Plus games on Vita for the month and I gotta say, Patapon 3 is interesting.

It has an epic main theme, it blends rythem gaming with Monster Hunter, and it has a surprisingly serious tone. Very interesting game that I am looking forward to dig more into.

Never got into Patapon with the first game back in the PSP days so I haven't even tried this one. The only game I've tried as of now is Ultratron. Same pros and cons as Titan Attacks, except this is much busier and sometimes and I can't understand what's going on. Enjoyable game but that's it.

Admittedly I'm starting to get tired of the plus offering in the past months. PS3 and Vita games are a joke, old as shit with half of the Vita games being PSP games....Titan Attacks last year was one of the worst offerings(and it was an enjoyable game), Ultratron is about on par and it's probably one of the few games I've been interested in in the past 5-6 months.

Granted, I've yet to try the other games from this month's offering and a couple from the past ones, but still, I was much more satisfied when they used not to give PSP games or PS3 2008 games that either cost 5€(and often discounted at 2€) or have already been given aweay before, on a regular basis...

autoduelist

Never got into Patapon with the first game back in the PSP days so I haven't even tried this one. The only game I've tried as of now is Ultratron. Same pros and cons as Titan Attacks, except this is much busier and sometimes and I can't understand what's going on. Enjoyable game but that's it.

Admittedly I'm starting to get tired of the plus offering in the past months. PS3 and Vita games are a joke, old as shit with half of the Vita games being PSP games....Titan Attacks last year was one of the worst offerings(and it was an enjoyable game), Ultratron is about on par and it's probably one of the few games I've been interested in in the past 5-6 months.

Granted, I've yet to try the other games from this month's offering and a couple from the past ones, but still, I was much more satisfied when they used not to give PSP games or PS3 2008 games that either cost 5€(and often discounted at 2€) or have already been given aweay before, on a regular basis...

I actually think the PS3 has been good, but mine is shut off. Yakuza always welcome.

Ultratron is better than Titan Attacks, but you're right, it's much busier. You'll eventually zone in if you give it enough time, but... all in all, it's an 'okay to good' Robotron update with issues, not a masterpiece or anything. At least it's slightly harder than Titan Attacks, which I thought was ridiculously easy.

I really enjoyed Titan Attacks and it is a bit easy. Even so, I will jump into it for a quick hit when I need that Space Invaders/Galaga type of fix.

I was looking forward to Ultratron because it's from the same developers and I was a fan of the original Robotron way back in the day but it does not work for me like Titan Attacks did. I picked it up during one of the sales a couple of months ago and my main issue with it is that the 'bullets'/'kill' items on the screen are hard to discern. Not because it is a bullet-hell but because they are so small and their color blends right into the background. Given two tries so far and I will get back to it again, but the visuals just aren't there for me and it gets frustrating.

Mr Git

I finally started looking at the EU store on my computer as realised it'd be easier to get sale price Vita games. I cannot find Ps1 games. At all. I know they started disappearing on the consoles but figured they'd be on the PC store. What the fuck.

Jetman

Has anyone here ever had trouble with the Recent Activity feed not updating? Mine hasn't done so since July 19th. Tried Rebuilding the Database in Safe Mode and still no good.

autoduelist

I really enjoyed Titan Attacks and it is a bit easy. Even so, I will jump into it for a quick hit when I need that Space Invaders/Galaga type of fix.

I was looking forward to Ultratron because it's from the same developers and I was a fan of the original Robotron way back in the day but it does not work for me like Titan Attacks did. I picked it up during one of the sales a couple of months ago and my main issue with it is that the 'bullets'/'kill' items on the screen are hard to discern. Not because it is a bullet-hell but because they are so small and their color blends right into the background. Given two tries so far and I will get back to it again, but the visuals just aren't there for me and it gets frustrating.

Oh, yeah, they definitely made some straight up bad UI decisions. If you dedicate yourself to the game and go zen on it, you'll get used to it and be able to identify everything... but it's crap at first, and as such not a particularly good 'pick up and play' game.

I really don't understand why they made it look the way they did, but I had the same issues with Titan Attacks. It's a shame, too, because I feel like they're close to something special. They just need to tighten up the mechanics a tiny bit, and really focus on visual design. I'm playing Android Assault Cactus right now, and there's an example of a game that can have a -ton- of stuff going on, but everything is very easy to discern.

PS -- AAC is absolutely amazing. Anyone who likes either dual stick shooters or shmups [it's a dds but bosses/etc can feel shmupy] really needs to pick it up. I'm working on my last S+ rank right now, and I'd say it's one of the most significant gaming challenges I've ever [almost] conquered. You don't need to s+ everything, of course... but it's clear they did a stand up job designing this game since s+'s are possible. [s+ = kill all enemies on stage without your chain combo ever breaking]

what sort of verification?

In my case it just took a few hours the first time. Also make sure you make your first order during working hours in HK so verification happens quicker. I dont think they did anything else. After that it usually shows up in maximun a minute or two after I buy. Bought JP cards twice. Singapore PSN cards like 5 times.

what sort of verification?
they might send you a text or have someone look at your order as fraud prevention if it's your first time, but that happens with all the sites that send instantly. I'd still recommend them for PSN codes

I've been a customer before so my first digital order went right through and arrived in a few minutes.

Top Bottom