• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

RK128

2 more hours. I could be writing my essay but instead:

tumblr_moudd4S44O1s9t463o1_500.gif

Doing it last minute always works out great :D! I know my essays, while done mostly last minute, were good too great. Besides, it would be hard to focus on a college work when god knows how many megatons Sony will be dropping tonight.

After watching the Microsoft, EA and Ubi conferences, I am very interested in what Sony will be showing off; Microsoft has that amazing Rare collection coming in a few weeks alongside BC with 360, EA has Unraveled which looked like a lot of fun, and Ubi killed it with strong demos for their upcoming line-up alongside announcing a new South Park game that is a sequel to Stick of Truth :D!

That alongside Nintendo's killer efforts yesterday with the Smash DLC and the Nintendo World Championship alongside Fallout 4 and Doom looking amazing, E3 has already been amazing so far :').

My expectations for Sony are oddly mute in comparison :l. I mean, I know they are going to be announcing something, but I have this really negative outlook on what they will be showing.....eh, must just be upset about the lack of Vita support for these conferences :l.

I do hope the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, Last Guardian and Shenmue rumors are true....if all of them don't happen, I don't know how Gaf is going to react XD. It could be the other way around too; with ALL of them being announced....and then Gaf will be down for weeks XD.

Edit: Wow, I made it to the top of the page :D. Happy E3 everyone and have your Vita's on hand to play something when the 20-40 VR Demos are shown off tonight!

The break up between MS and the COD franchise was inevitable after this long too, specially now with the current gen disparity performance wise. So the game is supposed to be leaning more towards the Xbox with exclusivity deals and whatnot, but still the better version arguably belongs to the competition with better resolution and stuff. What'do?

Turns out my prediction was correct. Sony x Activision partnership is a go.

Also Vita got some screen time!!

Chuy

I think I want a PS4 after this.
Same. I think i'm going to buy one in the near future now actually. Jesus Christ what a show
Sad about lack of emulation/price drop though but god damn is the $399 price point justified with all these announcements

Puru

The only thing i actually want from all that was the Guerilla game.

It was pretty fun to see all those highly requested games coming one way or another though. And for once it had a good pace and they were in time.

ZeroAKA

The only thing i actually want from all that was the Guerilla game.

It was pretty fun to see all those highly requested games coming one way or another though. And for once it had a good pace and they were in time.
Same here. World of Final Fantasy looks interesting too, but that might mostly be because it's also on Vita.

RK128

post if you're okay, guys

I'm really happy man :').

I didn't expect much from the show but....my god, not only were those leaks true, but it was so much better then expected; Horizion looks fantastic (blending Enslaved's look X Killzone's engine X Vanquished's sliding movement X Monster Hunter hunting systems), Dreams looks very ambitious and their third party deals were nice to watch through.

But seeing the trifecta of The Last Guardian, FF7 Remake AND Shenmue 3....I.....can't believe it :'). THE three dreams games all of us have wanted, are finally coming into reality and it is beautiful to see.

I am so happy that Shenmue 3 is a reality now, as finally that series will get the modern treatment it deserves and its grand story can continue :D!

My only dream game remaining is Mega Man Legends 3 but after seeing these three finally come into existence.....I feel that we can hope for anything for gaming now :').

And to top it all off, we even got a brand new Vita game :D! And its from Square....and its a original final fantasy tittle for the platform and NOT a remaster or mobile port.

Tonight is a great night to be a gamer :').

Dreams come true, greatest E3 of the past, present and future. Sadden for no Vita-3000, will wait for TGS for a hopeful announcement, if no announcement, Black Friday will be the day I buy a Vita.

Horizon looks fucking fantastic.

We also have this coming to Vita for better or worse:

So basically my PS4 will have Fallout 4, Mad Max, Shenmue 3, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV and VII Remaster, The Last Guardian, Horizon, Star Wars Battlefront, No Man's Sky... Fuck. If none of these interest you in the slightest bit, you are into the wrong hobby. Sony dropped BOMBS today

RK128

Horizon looks fucking fantastic.

We also have this coming to Vita for better or worse:

So basically my PS4 will have Fallout 4, Mad Max, Shenmue 3, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, Final Fantasy XV and VII Remaster, The Last Guardian, Horizon, Star Wars Battlefront, No Man's Sky... Fuck. If none of these interest you in the slightest bit, you are into the wrong hobby. Sony dropped BOMBS today

Excited for Horizon too; feels like a blend of so many great titles (Monster Hunter, Killzone, Enslaved, Vanqiush) while at the same time looking so unique and interesting. Can't wait to see more :D.

The Vita FF was nice as it shows that Sony sees SOMETHING for the console; if they didn't care at all, it would be a PS4 exclusive. And the game looks interesting, as it seems to be a blend of Dragon Quest, The Mana Tittles and Final Fantasy with its look and gameplay. Looking forward to seeing more of the tittle.

And now I have a reason to get a PS4 :). Fallout, Shenmue, Persona, FFXV, KH3, FFVII Remake and Ratchet & Clank all sold me on a PS4 tonight :'). Can't wait to pick up the black box latter this year.

Basically Sony's conference looks like this to me:
thepowercompelss9ocg.gif

I'll take a walk outside... I need to calm down.
Kidding aside, I just wish mods would come to ps4 games too.

Excited for Horizon too; feels like a blend of so many great titles (Monster Hunter, Killzone, Enslaved, Vanqiush) while at the same time looking so unique and interesting. Can't wait to see more :D.

The Vita FF was nice as it shows that Sony sees SOMETHING for the console; if they didn't care at all, it would be a PS4 exclusive. And the game looks interesting, as it seems to be a blend of Dragon Quest, The Mana Tittles and Final Fantasy with its look and gameplay. Looking forward to seeing more of the tittle.

And now I have a reason to get a PS4 :). Fallout, Shenmue, Persona, FFXV, KH3, FFVII Remake and Ratchet & Clank all sold me on a PS4 tonight :'). Can't wait to pick up the black box latter this year.
I was disappointed by the fact that they didn't show Persona 5. But hey they still managed to show a ton of great stuff. It's good to be a PS4 owner.

Basically Sony's conference looks like this to me:
thepowercompelss9ocg.gif

I'll take a walk outside... I need to calm down.
Kidding aside, I just wish mods would come to ps4 games too.
Fallout 4 is getting mods! Sure PC gets them first, Xbox second and then us but still! It's a step in the right direction.

RK128

"What is a Vita?" -Sony

That happens every conference sadly :(; Sony barely gives any screen time for the platform and silently announces tittles for the console throughout E3.

I will give them kudos for once though, they did announce that Final Fantasy game for the Vita and while it doesn't seem to be anything major, at least its something. They could of completely ignored it but we got a trailer for a full Vita game on stage....so that's something in my book :). Not to mention Devlover Digital's tittles are likely coming to the Vita as well, so there is that too.

My expectations for Sony's show was very low....and I didn't even count the Vita showing up. So I was surprised that a Final Fantasy game was announced for the Vita to begin with, so that was a nice surprise to me :).

Top Bottom