• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | June 2015

Armaly

Every week I keep my fingers crossed for a sale on Tomba and Herc's Adventure. Might just cave and buy them full price.

SerTapTap

I noticed when I was about to buy Black Rock Shooter PSP that it's actually published by NISA at least in the west, does that mean it gets to stay up even with imageepoch's demise? I see they already took down the 3DS digital games (including a Sonico game I never heard of)

plus screens for valkyrie drive(from senran kagura producer)
EDIT:
ARGH too late! Lol

This is Vita only, right? Man now that I've seen what they can do on PS4 I'm thirsty for it. But getting the game is more important than getting it on PS4...

SerTapTap

EU playstation store update

On a tuesday
Before the US

based SCEE

Looks like there already is some (free) Ar Nosurge DLC which sucks for importers of the physial copy
Also seems like IFI started putting up DLC before the physical EU release now.

They announced the ability to update more than once a week (for non-AAA titles) a while ago, I think Skullgirls was the first to make use of it? So yeah, lots of EU stuff will probably start coming same time as US if it's digital only would be my guess. Weird that it's actually earlier than the US but I guess you all wake up earlier after all

They announced the ability to update more than once a week (for non-AAA titles) a while ago, I think Skullgirls was the first to make use of it? So yeah, lots of EU stuff will probably start coming same time as US if it's digital only would be my guess. Weird that it's actually earlier than the US but I guess you all wake up earlier after all

Yep, stuff was already releasing all over the week, but the "official" update date was still Wednesday. With PS+ games now also coming on Tuesdays like the US making the post on Tuesday seems logical. Should only be 5-6 hours before the US which is much closer than before.

Seems like sales still start on Wednesdays though.
Depending on how the DLC costumes look for Ar Nosurge Plus might just double dip.. Physical and Digital.
I was thinking the same for a second but I think I'll just skip them, the game apparently already contains a good number

unless they're super good
To be fair isn't it like 5 AM in the US?
What do you mean? Usually EU updates would come on a wednesday

SerTapTap

Yep, stuff was already releasing all over the week, but the "official" update date was still Wednesday. With PS+ games now also coming on Tuesdays like the US making the post on Tuesday seems logical. Should only be 5-6 hours before the US which is much closer than before.

Seems like sales still start on Wednesdays though.

Yeah the "big" update will always be wensday because that's your retail release day, right? I never understood why it was tuesday here. Friday seems most logical.

Yeah the "big" update will always be wensday because that's your retail release day, right? I never understood why it was tuesday here. Friday seems most logical.

No I don't think that's it. Lots of stuff coming out on fridays as well but it's not a hard rule. I don't think something like this exists for mainland EU.

SerTapTap

Huh, I just assumed since that's why we do tuesdays. I guess if there's no standard they just pick Wednesday because it's in the middle?

bobohoro

EU playstation store update

On a tuesday
Before the US

based SCEE

Looks like there already is some (free) Ar Nosurge DLC which sucks for importers of the physial copy
Also seems like IFI started putting up DLC before the physical EU release now.

Oh, Ar Nosurge Plus is already releasing in Europe? Kinda forgot about it. I really wanna get it, but I have Hearts R and Oreshika lined up already, so it will probably go into my list of games I buy in a sale in a couple of months.

Although there is a bigger gap until One Piece Musou 3 releases, so who knows what I'll be playing end of July, early August.

Tizoc

What do you mean? Usually EU updates would come on a wednesday

I may have misinterpreted your post then, my bad :X

Aight gonna redeem this $5 Play asia discount code and order
Taiko no Tatsujin Vita
but I need a $20 or sub$20 game to avail for the code :V
All I got is Dragon's Crown Vita US ver.
Any other suggestions?

zk3ZEfl.jpg

Disappointed by the DriveClub demo. I wish it was more arcadey than sim. Some of the developers are implying that it is arcadey but if I have to worry about hitting a line for a curve you made a sim. Not for me.

YNnOKGV.jpg

Planetside 2 has the worst aspect of the Battlefield series where you spend too much time getting to the battle and multiplies it times 10. The "Instant Action" button has a weird sense of "Instant" and "Action". The maps are massive and the play is 12 vs. 12. Not for me.

Yasumi

Banned
Cancelled my Neptunia Rebirth 3 preorder with a heavy heart, since I just got DMC4, Lego Hobbit, and have Jstars coming in the mail. Amazon E3 sale price wasn't very good anyway. Still need to finish Nep V too, along with the rest of my ridonculous JRPG backlog.

I cancelled most of my stuff too since I am playing through all of the Kingdom Hearts games, and there's quite a bit of meat to chew there. 5 games + two ~3hr movies. I'll be getting Lost Dimensions and Danganronpa. That's about it for the next while.

Armaly

Heh I got TOmba! during the get $15 for spending $100 promo :p

Noice.

So a friend of a friend lent me his Drakengard Chips album to listen to. I'm surprised he got his hands on it because it only came with the $200 Drakengard anniversary box. Loving the Drakengard 2 and Nier tracks in particular. Makes me want to do another playthrough. So has the Drakengard/Nier dlc ever actually been on sale? As far as I can remember it hasn't.

Hikami

I cancelled most of my stuff too since I am playing through all of the Kingdom Hearts games, and there's quite a bit of meat to chew there. 5 games + two ~3hr movies. I'll be getting Lost Dimensions and Danganronpa. That's about it for the next while.

I'm in the same situation (playing all the Tales games though in my scenario) have like 5 more games to go through.
Danganronpa and Trails of Cold Steel is all I have pre-ordered for now.

I'm in the same situation (playing all the Tales games though in my scenario) have like 5 more games to go through.
Danganronpa and Trails of Cold Steel is all I have pre-ordered for now.
I would have trails on my list too if amazon would put it up, instead of having shovels and axes showing whenever I search for it.

Prelude.

Yes I can finally petition NISA for Amagami. Now I can guarantee that Amagami won't sell just one copy on release! Yeah White Album 2's anime is good too but I don't know which dev/pub creates the game.
Since it seems like VN on consoles are becoming a thing and we sure as hell have several otome coming out this year, I think Amagami EbKore+ would be a really good first choice to see if people are interested into that genre in the west, it's a great game.

We should start asking NISA, it's also a Kadokawa game so it's a good start.

RK128

Store updated! Don't forget all the free DLC for Neptunia Rebirth 3 whether you get it digital or physical.

The english trophies thing is weird. Estival Versus had english trophies at launch too (and, of course, Xseed announced it recently).

Saw that in the OT Thread, so thank you for the heads up TapTap :D. Got all of the free DLC (which is a lot; tons of characters, the item help and even the JP VA is all free.....expected all of that to be paid content ala Rebirth 1) and wow is it a great deal.

Sadly cannot get the game today (got a lot from that Flash Sale.....so will have to wait a bit to get Rebirth 3 :l) but from the cut-scenes of Victory I saw online, this looks hysterical XD. Hope anyone who gets the game today has a blast with it, because it might be on of the most priceless games in the series.

Edit: Looks like we are getting another Assasins Creed game on the Vita! AC Chronicles (the 2.5D title on PS4/X1) is getting a Vita version and that is coming this November if the information is right. Here is a link to the thread about the game for more information.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
There has only ever been one Atlus sale which began before the creation of the universe itself.

Mortals can only perceive its existence intermittently, otherwise they would go mad.

I very nearly bought a Sega 32X from a local store today. What is wrong with me...
God, how disgusting some of the comments on the blog are sometimes...
I just don't even scroll down anymore, it's not worth it. No matter what the game/sale/update is, they're never happy. Seems like devs rarely reply anymore too because of this.

SerTapTap

God, how disgusting some of the comments on the blog are sometimes...

Don't read those. Or the twitter replies. Or the youtube comments. Something about official playstation accounts drives people crazy

I very nearly bought a Sega 32X from a local store today. What is wrong with me...

I bought an N64 and a lot of (mostly crappy) games a while ago. Eventually I'm going to build up a retro collection. First I'll finish collecting the Neptunia stuff I want though. Not like I have time to play retro games right now

Shizuka

Might as well post this here too:

http://nichegamer.com/2015/06/english-metropolis-defenders-trophies-are-discovered/

English trophies for Metropolis Defenders listed (Acquire's weird tower-defence-esque game with some simulation and construction elements, I think).

The article suggests it might be an upcoming Aksys announcement. Hope so, game looks cool.

BUT IT'S NOT UKIYO NO ROUSHI. Hope is slipping away :(

Aksys, I know you're taking a risk of oversaturating the market with otome games, but even a third otome game is better than that. I hope it's just a digital release by Acquire itself.

I bought an N64 and a lot of (mostly crappy) games a while ago. Eventually I'm going to build up a retro collection. First I'll finish collecting the Neptunia stuff I want though. Not like I have time to play retro games right now
Oh I bought an N64 a few years ago too. I used to collect retro stuff a bit more but then I started wanting stuff that was too expensive so I gave it up.

32X is kind of a dumb purchase though since there's next to no games for it and it's kinda expensive. I've just always wanted one since I was a kid. I also already own a Mega CD so I guess I wanna complete the set haha.

SerTapTap

Oh I bought an N64 a few years ago too. I used to collect retro stuff a bit more but then I started wanting stuff that was too expensive so I gave it up.

32X is kind of a dumb purchase though since there's next to no games for it and it's kinda expensive. I've just always wanted one since I was a kid. I also already own a Mega CD so I guess I wanna complete the set haha.

Gotta complete that Tower of Power!

I had an SNES, N64, Genesis, Dreamcast and PS1 that I gave away a long time...emulation is all I need...god I was stupid. Now I'll have to get 'em back, and I gave 'em away before the prices shot up recently too. Even getting a PS2 replacement will be like $100 now I think.

--R

Banned
zsOSkZF.png

For some reason Metro: Last Light is free on PSN, at least on the Spanish store.

Edit: False alarm, it's only the first 9 chapters. Damn.

JP

zsOSkZF.png

For some reason Metro: Last Light is free on PSN, at least on the Spanish store.
Sorry, not having go at you as such but there's already been two threads today proclaiming that free trials are the full versions of the game. Can't we just have a second PSN thread called The "PSN Thread For Posting When You Think a Free Trial is the Full Version of The Game Thread" and keep all that stuff in there?

Is Red Goddess: Inner World a Kickstarter project? I remember completely missing a project that people on here were talking about and it looks very similar to what that was.

EDIT:
Platform adventure Red Goddess: Inner World launches on PS4 next week - PlayStation Blog Article

Aksys, I know you're taking a risk of oversaturating the market with otome games, but even a third otome game is better than that. I hope it's just a digital release by Acquire itself.

I was thinking of posting "At least it's not another otome" in with that last post, but I know some people here are fans :p

Truthfully, I'm not bothered Aksys are picking up otome stuff (although I'm not interested in it myself), but I hope they don't back into a corner of relying on ASW fighters and otome games to fill up their lineup. They've been so... scattergun in the past, picking up so many titles I never thought they would've done (Fate/Extra; Sorcery Saga; Tokyo Twilight... right down to re-licencing Muramasa and funding development of Magus, wat?)

And that's what I like about them. It'd be a shame for them to lose that unpredictability, and it's brought a lot of titles to my attention that I never thought I would've liked.

And aside from that, I think Metropolis Defenders looks a lot of fun
and a lot more fun than any otome game
. What don't you like the look of?

Could be NISA too btw, they've worked with Acquire before (Badman), but somehow I doubt it. Don't even know if it's something that's going to be announced this AX really.

Benedict

Top Bottom