• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | October 2016

Capra

So I just got a PS4 last week and last night, I received a notification in my From Playstation folder saying I had been given a free $10 voucher to redeem on the PS Store.

Apologies for the noob question but I've always been cautious of PSN after so many people have been hacked: Is this legit?

If it's "From PlayStation" I don't see how it can be unlegit. I got the same notification and it took me to the store where I redeemed the voucher code and got the 10 dollars.

Speaking of, what are the odds of a Halloween sale this year? Want to get Corpse Party but unsure if there will be a sale around the 31st or not

Capra

That's what I was thinking, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Pretty cool that they just randomly send out vouchers like that. Think I'll pick up REmake while it's on sale.

Hikami

Whew, my last platinum before this was over a year ago.
W6jCwfm.jpg

Best rhythm game on Vita.

I hope they make a PS4 or NX (if it's region free) version next. Would like to play with the actual drum and sticks since I've only played the handheld versions. The previous console versions have gotten too expensive to buy for me at this point.

Ventara

So I finished Zero Time Dilemma a few days back, and although I have mixed feelings about it, at the end of the day, it was decent and brought closure. Going in, I had forgotten about most of the stuff from 999 and VLR, but I feel that might've been a good thing as I'd probably find more flaws in the game.

Gameplay-wise, the puzzles were really easy. Like, they practically tell you the answer and what to do each time. Though at the same time, there weren't any parts that frustrated me, so that's a plus, so maybe making the puzzles easier was a good thing for the overall story experience. As expected, playing as all three teams and hearing Zero say the same thing 3x did become annoying, though not too much.

Visually, I can't help but feel this game took a step back in this regard. Though the character art was fine, the 3D models looked pretty stiff, and the character expressions didn't always fit the situations, imo. And the environment was pretty low quality as well, though I can't remember if it was as bad in VLR.

Story-wise, SPOILERS!!!
wtf, Zero was with Q team the whole time, and the reason no one acknowledged his existence was because he was a blind and deaf old man in a wheelchair? Man, this is even worse than no one mentioning Sigma's eye in VLR. Way worse. And what was the point of Mira and Eric? I can't help but feel that they weren't needed at all. And everyone glossing over the fact that Mira was a serial killer at the end was just...??? And the whole reason Zero did all this was just to "motivate" them into finding a terrorist? Like really? He couldn't have thought of a better idea with all the resources and technology he had? Hell, I'd shoot him just for that idiotic move. I also felt a bit meh about how they reused some plot devises from past games. And I feel that the way the story was told (pretty much from 3rd perspective) removed a lot of the tension. You didn't feel the anxiety and worry that the characters felt because you weren't playing as them; you were simply watching over them. And Phi is a redhead? NOOOOOOOO

For all the flaws, the game did have good points. Mainly, the whole Diana, Phi and Stigma storyline. Seriously, that would be the moment that I will remember from this game. It was completely heartbreaking having to see Sigma and Diana slowly die and doing their best for their kids (which was just to send a clone of them to the past), and then them remembering all this in a good timeline and do a group hug. I almost shed a tear there. Also, it means that Sigma is out of the picture and Phi is officially my waifu. I also like the twist that they were all in the same ward playing the game at different times. The bits where Carlos, Junpei and Akane were working together jumping between timelines was pretty cool, too. It felt adventurous and I wish there was more of it.

Overall, I liked this game. It wasn't as bad as I feared it'd be from reading some comments about it.

RK128

You mean both games themselves? I will be releasing a review on Criminal Girls 2 later today and will be getting a review copy of Vakyrie Drive sometime today (with my first impressions on that releasing a day after I get the review copy).

But I really enjoyed Criminal Girls 2 so far for a number of reasons.
-Story and Characters are really solid thanks to some great writing and character interactions
-Gameplay is quite interesting for combat, as I enjoyed working with my party through battles. The Coaching Mechanic and being able to both swap party members mid-turn & use items gave battles a dynamic edge to them I found.
-Presentation is very polished and after looking up the first title, a big step up from that. Loved the music a lot so far.
-The suggestive bits in the game are there and I can see people annoyed with them. But some of the mini games can be fun and they correlate with the combat gameplay enough to where I felt justified for there presence.
-The Difficulty isn't the most balanced and even on the lowest setting can be quite tricky to fight bosses. But with a resting place on (most of the time) every floor level grinding isn't hard at all. And getting enough money for items and the suggestive mini games is very simple.

I will be more indepth with my review later today but I was legitimately surprised with Criminal Girls 2. Enjoyed far more than I ever expected too. It is not perfect but what is offered is a solid experience that I recommend picking up tomorrow :).

N° 2048

Appreciate your thoughts on the game. What I meant though was thoughts on the whole boycotting CG2 but buying VD because censorship.

RK128

Edit: Discussed CG2's Censorship openly here, so removed the post as I think it is a banned game on NeoGaf. Sorry everyone.

N° 2048

Oh, shoot. Don't want to get anyone in trouble but I don't see anything wrong here. I brought it up so it's my fault.

Can't wait for your VD review though.

RK128

Oh, shoot. Don't want to get anyone in trouble but I don't see anything wrong here. I brought it up so it's my fault.

Can't wait for your VD review though.

Nah, it's okay :). Don't use Gaf much anymore so feel meh about getting banned if it does happen. But will be removing my post though to be safe and not get you in trouble buddy :D.

Got the same one. Opted for the refund.

Did you get your refund yet for the South Park cancellation yet?

It said if you don't reply by the 7th, they would automatically refund me, and haven't gotten an email or anything about it yet, game is still under my pre-orders.

shmoglish

Did you get your refund yet for the South Park cancellation yet?

It said if you don't reply by the 7th, they would automatically refund me, and haven't gotten an email or anything about it yet, game is still under my pre-orders.
Same here, but when I search for south park in the store it shows the price of the game. I really wanted to preorder Rise of the TR and get the bonus 😅

ryseing

So I never received my Play 2016 code. I normally would just shrug it off but I'm picking up a ton of VR stuff this week and so that 20% would save me a bundle.

If I do the live chat y'all think there's a good chance I get my code? I hate dealing with Sony support but if I could save $20+ out of it... I know it was supposed to expire last week but this whole thing has been such a disaster.

Same here, but when I search for south park in the store it shows the price of the game. I really wanted to preorder Rise of the TR and get the bonus 😅

Aww that sucks. Yeah, not sure what's taking them so long. I had to start a chat with customer service and they said they had to submit a ticket for the refund, so I guess it wasn't going to do it automatically, even though the email said it was?

Has been very strange.

shmoglish

Aww that sucks. Yeah, not sure what's taking them so long. I had to start a chat with customer service and they said they had to submit a ticket for the refund, so I guess it wasn't going to do it automatically, even though the email said it was?

Has been very strange.
Had to do the same. Will take 3-5 days and is a one time offering. The email really makes no sense when you still have to contact them.

Had to do the same. Will take 3-5 days and is a one time offering. The email really makes no sense when you still have to contact them.

It's almost like they backtracked when they released people could just re-buy South Park since the 100 dollar promotion is going on right now.

Was the first time I had ever seen that e-mail for the release date change so I didn't fill out their survey form, just waited and heard nothing. So we'll see in 3-5 "business days" from now.

Clive

Seems every digital Sony service is a ticking time bomb getting worse and worse. People who bought a PSP model that launched in 2011 have to buy a PS3 to back up their games? That is not acceptable. How can maintaining Media Go be so expensive comparatively? They don't even need to invest further in it, just keep the servers running.

Okay, good to know its the best game. I am pretty familiar with the genre. I've played Class of Heroes 1 and 2, Etrian Odyssey series, and others. I'm just looking for a great Vita DRPG to sink some time in.

Saphirax

Okay, good to know its the best game. I am pretty familiar with the genre. I've played Class of Heroes 1 and 2, Etrian Odyssey series, and others. I'm just looking for a great Vita DRPG to sink some time in.

SoSC is better. DG is pretty much for newcomers to the genre.

Saphirax

DG suffers the most from its demon mechanic. On one hand, it's the perfect starting point for those unfamiliar with the genre, on the other those same mechanics can be detrimental to the whole experience. The traps in dungeons are made redundant, just bring Chronos and, for the most part, they might as well not exist. Using demons in combat is supposed to make things easier, but when the gameplay is so dependant on them, their rng nature can make for a frustrating experience.

That's why I prefer SoSC and even OA.

Having to pay rent was also annoying :p.

If you're debating picking up that Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni theme that released recently then I've got a short video you should check out; youtu.be/mIV6yGop3JE

Hope it helps. ^_^

OmegaZero

So does anyone here recommend getting Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires for Vita? How did the port turn out compared to, say, Dynasty Warriors 8 Complete Edition?
I've never really tried the Empires series and heard Samurai Warriors 4 Empires has low replay value.

RK128

If you're debating picking up that Valkyrie Drive: Bhikkhuni theme that released recently then I've got a short video you should check out; youtu.be/mIV6yGop3JE

Hope it helps. ^_^

Thank you for sharing this :D! The music track that plays in the theme is really nice.

shmoglish

It's almost like they backtracked when they released people could just re-buy South Park since the 100 dollar promotion is going on right now.

Was the first time I had ever seen that e-mail for the release date change so I didn't fill out their survey form, just waited and heard nothing. So we'll see in 3-5 "business days" from now.
So.... When we are lucky we get our refund today. Would be a great start in the weekend.

Hikami

My PS+ expires in 4 days and I don't plan on renewing it. Been going through some PS+ games before they go away.

Just played Journey for the first time, it was great.

bobawesome

Been a while since I've stepped into these parts.

Received my glacier white Vita today and gosh dang, it's so nice.

Top Bottom