• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

Gurish

Can anyone please help?
I've pre-ordered Uncharted 4 digitally a couple of months ago, lately they updated the PSN game's page and announced the digital version's bonuses, among them is a dynamic theme which is available now.

The thing is, I can't get any of the bonuses, more so, the store doesn't recognize I even own this game, it seems like there is something wrong, this is how the game looks in my Library:
11999602_10207623019514601_4647935377926734325_o.jpg

As you can see the icon is gone.

This is what happens when I enter the game from my Library:
11942166_10207629699721602_4122888955903327641_o.jpg

When I try to enter the game on the store it doesn't recognize that I own it, and ask me to pre-order:
11930757_10207629745202739_3538280612551834979_o.jpg

But it does let me upgrade to the Deluxe for 20$ as I said so it does recognize it on some level.
I tried to restore licenses and it didn't help.

I'm trying to reach Sony online and all I get are error messages that "they are experiencing technical issues please try later", they removed contact by E-mail option, I'm truly lost with this.

I know one thing for sure, this is the last time I'm pre-ordering a game digitally months before release.

Anyone experienced it and know what to do?

Gurish

Try going to your themes on PS4 and see if it's listed there.

I just tried, there is nothing there, and it's getting even stranger, this is now what happens when I click on the banner of the Uncharted 4 in the store:
11951712_10207629967368293_7903973623994262438_o.jpg

What the hell? :/

yaffi

I played around 20 hours of Sorcery Saga and god damn it's dangerously cute (the awawa level is almost too high) and also heavily rage-inducing. The localization is hilarious too.

I played around 20 hours of Sorcery Saga and god damn it's dangerously cute (the awawa level is almost too high) and also heavily rage-inducing. The localization is hilarious too.

Man, I just could not get in to this game at all. I think I've clocked about 20 hours but that's mostly because it was the only thing I took with me when I travelled a while ago before I bought a Vita case that could hold multiple physical titles.

It's just so... bland.

OT: Ultra Despair Girls is growing on me the more I play it. Kinda hated it at first. Also Invoker's Tournament isn't terrible either, although seems very P2W.

RK128

Every PS4 owner here has to get Unfolded when it comes out tomorrow :D!

Its one of the best games released on Vita and Tearaway is a game with such a strong heart, charm and creative spark that really makes you appreciate gaming :').

I really loved the original Vita release and if I owned a PS4, I would be getting Unfolded (despite still being a bit sour on it not being a Vita exclusive anymore) tomorrow :D.

How could you say no to these guys :')?
1382709680-tearaway.jpg

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Quick question on remote play on vita:

My son plays a ton of FIFA and often just hogs the TV dog team management and all that card nonsense. I just tried dialling into the PS4 with my vita while he was logged into the PS4, and it seems to let him use the vita controls and he stays logged into his PS4 account.

Just wanted to check if that's how it should work, because that will be really helpful to free up the TV. I had expected it would have switched to my PS4 account.

yaffi

Man, I just could not get in to this game at all. I think I've clocked about 20 hours but that's mostly because it was the only thing I took with me when I travelled a while ago before I bought a Vita case that could hold multiple physical titles.

It's just so... bland.

It's not that the game is very good; I just like the anime cliché stuff in there and the faces!

Every PS4 owner here has to get Unfolded when it comes out tomorrow :D!

Its one of the best games released on Vita and Tearaway is a game with such a strong heart, charm and creative spark that really makes you appreciate gaming :').

I really loved the original Vita release and if I owned a PS4, I would be getting Unfolded (despite still being a bit sour on it not being a Vita exclusive anymore) tomorrow :D.
I liked the Vita game, but from the video of it I've watched this mostly seems like a better looking, but worse controlling version of the game. I'm not spending $40 when the Vita version is probably still the best way to ply it.

autoduelist

Can someone verify that Virtua Tennis is not available digitally (vita, obviously)? I can only check the webstore and can't find it.

Are other games MIA?

Can someone verify that Virtua Tennis is not available digitally (vita, obviously)? I can only check the webstore and can't find it.

Are other games MIA?

Yep, missing for me too. Games do randomly disappear and reappear later though (happened to ZHP a while back, PSP game).

Legend of War: Patton's Campaign is missing from the EU store. The PSP version is up there, though.

autoduelist

Yep, missing for me too. Games do randomly disappear and reappear later though (happened to ZHP a while back, PSP game).

Legend of War: Patton's Campaign is missing from the EU store. The PSP version is up there, though.

Usually when that happens for PSP games (ZHP included) it's due to a save game exploit. There are no saved game exploits on Vita games.

Odd. Hopefully it returns, I've heard good things about it.

autoduelist

It was pulled a while ago, I forget the exact reason but it wasn't an exploit IIRC.

Hmmm. It seems licensing strikes again:
http://www.videogamer.com/pc/virtua...emoved_from_digital_channels_on_april_23.html

Darn. Would have bought it digitally before it went down if I had known, I'd always just been waiting for a sale... guess i know now one will never come.

Just bought a physical copy online for $13 shipped... which sucks, because unlike some here i dislike having physical copies.

Flunkie

Banned

Benedict

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/virtua...emoved_from_digital_channels_on_april_23.html

Darn. Would have bought it digitally before it went down if I had known, I'd always just been waiting for a sale... guess i know now one will never come.

Just bought a physical copy online for $13 shipped... which sucks, because unlike some here i dislike having physical copies.

Great game. It's been on sale on PSN several times in Europe . And at real low prices

bobawesome

So I was charged $20 for a Playstation Now subscription when I never even touched it. What in the world is going on? Too bad I can't contact customer support right now.

edit: Alright, mystery solved... My account was on my brother's PS4 and a kid that was staying at the place hopped onto my account, redeemed the trial, and played Twisted Metal. Time to redo all my account info. I don't want a repeat of this shit in the future. That's $20 I don't have and didn't count on losing. And C'MON, TWISTED METAL? Pick a better game.

Xenoflare

Ugh, weren't this game coined as one of the best looking Vita games at the time (or still one of the best)

I saw it once at my local mall but the store is charging it on full release price and I didn't budge. Seems like I should have in retrospect

I really liked the Virtua Tennis on PSP.

Tizoc

So I was charged $20 for a Playstation Now subscription when I never even touched it. What in the world is going on? Too bad I can't contact customer support right now.

edit: Alright, mystery solved... My account was on my brother's PS4 and a kid that was staying at the place hopped onto my account, redeemed the trial, and played Twisted Metal. Time to redo all my account info. I don't want a repeat of this shit in the future. That's $20 I don't have and didn't count on losing. And C'MON, TWISTED METAL? Pick a better game.

Twisted Metal PS3 is pretty good though.

Contact Sony Support and always always have your CC details removed from your PS account.
I've done this for all my accounts and I only ever use Cash Cards now.

Are sony the only company with a TGS conference or does companies like square and capcom have their own?

I can't seem to find any information except for the pre TGS playstation show.

Ugh, weren't this game coined as one of the best looking Vita games at the time (or still one of the best)

I saw it once at my local mall but the store is charging it on full release price and I didn't budge. Seems like I should have in retrospect

I really liked the Virtua Tennis on PSP.

Virtua Tennis on Vita is a lot of fun but I wouldn't say the best looking. It is a great game and probably more important because of so few sports games on the Vita. Really got into the career mode which in sports games is not always fun. Worth it for under $20.

Super Time Force Ultra on Vita is awesome. Amazing that it runs that well on Vita with all that is happening at the same time. Going to probably make my top 10 of the year. No cross save.

Xeodrifter is somehow a stripped down version of the NES metroid. Gotta give this game another try but it didn't hook me. Runs fine on Vita. No cross save.

Armello is not hooking me either. I had to resort to reading how to play online as the tutorial sucks. The interface is bad and made for PC. The game is unnecessarily complicated and seems more luck based than strategy. Slow and games take forever. There was a patch that just came out and I am going to give it another try and maybe they actually made the text legible on my 65 inch TV.

Mad Max is awesome so far. Finally fulfilled a childhood dream of playing a game in the Mad Max world. As somebody who watched those films too many times, it really nails the atmosphere and indirectly references the movies. Only complaint is the spotty Australian accents. They couldn't hire real Australians for VO work?

What's the word? Are we getting Broken Sword on PS4 today?

I played through some of the first chapter on Vita but lost my save when I thought I could swap memory cards back and forth, big mistake. Figured I'd wait for the full PS4 version after that since I never bought the second half on Vita.

Putosaure

What's the word? Are we getting Broken Sword on PS4 today?

I played through some of the first chapter on Vita but lost my save when I thought I could swap memory cards back and forth, big mistake. Figured I'd wait for the full PS4 version after that since I never bought the second half on Vita.

Nope, not today in EU at least.

The patch is just a multiplayer bug fix. To read cards in your hand press d-pad right twice to enlarge the card.

Bummer. Honestly do you like this game? Should I just give up on it? I usually love strategy board games but this one isn't doing it for me.

NewDust

Bummer. Honestly do you like this game? Should I just give up on it? I usually love strategy board games but this one isn't doing it for me.
I'm hooked on it, but I can totally see why it doesn't click for some people. Enemy turns can take quite long and yes there is an element of luck. But usually if your "unlucky" it just means you should alter the way you try to win the match. Going for a prestige victory and getting passed by someone? Go try defeat the king. Trying to go for a kingslayer victory, but can't get enough equipment/dice? Try getting moonstones. Don't yet try to go for a rot victory (defeating the king with your rot higher) as it is extremely dificult.

I would advise taking the spirit amulet for most characters in your first few matches. In my opinion playing spells can give you a great advantage and having more spirit, gives you more magic to cast spells. Also try to directly apply them to heroes and not play them as perils. Other players might overcome perils, but a played spell always hits.

Edit: also if your going after quests and your quest tile is occupied, it might be better to avoid the fight (certainly with kingsguards.) There might be other usefull tiles around, like dungeons. Just try to stay within action radius of your questing tile and go for it next turn.

One other note, early on it seems the game has a higher chance of you drawing cards you already have seen in other matches. I have no evidence of this, but it felt that way. You might not have seen some usefull cards for your play style.

20th Anniversary of PS1/PSX in North America this week. Think we get a big Anniversary sale on the store today?

Completed playthrough of Xeodrifter (all but 3 trophies - speed run, flawless boss fight and shield breaker). I give it a solid 75%, I was entertained and enjoyed myself but could see myself getting bored if it went much longer (and it is not a long game). I liked some of the mechanics in the game and the way the gameplay used them. But they could have used a little more variety in the boss characters. And I don't know if the floaty jump controls were part of the aesthetic since it was a space game or just bad design of physics/control.

autoduelist

Twisted Metal PS3 is pretty good though.

Contact Sony Support and always always have your CC details removed from your PS account.
I've done this for all my accounts and I only ever use Cash Cards now.

Eh, I have my card up. Always have, always will. Secure pw, different everywhere, and a secure PC and i have no fear.

Are sony the only company with a TGS conference or does companies like square and capcom have their own?

I don't think it'll be ALL mobile games, but it certainly is going to be a big focus. It's pretty sad.

BTW got MGSV. Had some trade ins, ended up paying $20 for it. Gonna see what the hype is all about. For the record, I have played the games leading up to this one story wise, MGS3 > PW > GZ.

Top Bottom