• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread | September 2015

RK128

Are sony the only company with a TGS conference or does companies like square and capcom have their own?

I can't seem to find any information except for the pre TGS playstation show.

Last TGS had a lot of announcements at Sony's stage across all there platforms (PS Vita, PS3 and PS4), so I could picture that happening again.

Could also see Square having a big presence too with a number of Final Fantasy games and KH3.

Outside of that? Not much sadly :(.

Like Names said, with Mobile being a huge focus, that will eat up a lot of the games that would normally land on PS Systems/3DS.

Lets see what happens is my guess :).

yaffi

I tried playing through Firefly Diary and I think I'm not gonna make it. It's just too boring to deal with the difficulty.

RK128

It's coming ... https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ps-anniversary-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-PS20SALELP

PS Anniversary Sale in the US store ... prices probably won't completely update until a little after 3PM EST but the games look like they're up if you want to get a rough idea of what they're going to have. Looks like a big one.

The Collection games are a very good deal; Sly and Ratchet ones in particular are fantastic deals (as both run well on Vita).

Seeing all those PSP games on sale too is great as well :D! Might pick up a few of those (Tomba being 2.50 is too good to pass on XD).

What is the consensus on Rainbow Moon for Vita? I am looking at that since I am just shy on funds to get what I really want
Dragon's Crown
or any of the remaster collections.

What is the consensus on Rainbow Moon for Vita? I am looking at that since I am just shy on funds to get what I really want
Dragon's Crown
or any of the remaster collections.

I am probably not the best person to answer this by far but here are my thoughts...

It was a little too grindy for my tastes. I don't know about later on in the game but the first few hours I played had two difficulty spikes that you had to grind your level up before advancing. Runs fine and plays fine but it felt more like a chore than a game at times.

By contrast, I am working through Trails in the Sky on my Vita right now (when not remote playing the PS4) and I am really enjoying that. It seems to move along at the right pace and I do not feel that I have advanced the story ahead of my levels at any point.

I am probably not the best person to answer this by far but here are my thoughts...

It was a little too grindy for my tastes. I don't know about later on in the game but the first few hours I played had two difficulty spikes that you had to grind your level up before advancing. Runs fine and plays fine but it felt more like a chore than a game at times.

By contrast, I am working through Trails in the Sky on my Vita right now (when not remote playing the PS4) and I am really enjoying that. It seems to move along at the right pace and I do not feel that I have advanced the story ahead of my levels at any point.
Okay good to know. I guess I was just trying to fill the void of not being able to get Dragon's Crown right now and wanted to at least get something. I can wait it seems.

Okay good to know. I guess I was just trying to fill the void of not being able to get Dragon's Crown right now and wanted to at least get something. I can wait it seems.

Have you played Ys Oath yet? It's on sale this week.

I went in blind on that one based on recommendations from folks in this thread and loved it. Was hoping that Ys Memories was on sale but it's not unfortunately....

Have you played Ys Oath yet? It's on sale this week.

I went in blind on that one based on recommendations from folks in this thread and loved it. Was hoping that Ys Memories was on sale but it's not unfortunately....

I actually have Oath on PC so I didn't even look at it. I have 13.00 in my paypal right now available for expanding my Vita library and its burning a hole in my pocket and I am wanting a hack and slash or action game. I already have the platinum trophy for MGS3 on Vita so that is not a pressing want at this time. I also have enough PSP and PS1 classics that I really don't look to get more of those. As well as the fact that Steam sales have ruined me for buying almost any game digital when its not on sale. If any of that makes sense.

Chatin

How do you get Broken Sword PS4/Vita cross buy? I have the first episode on Vita already. Do I need both episodes to get the PS4 for free or is it a situation where you have to buy PS4 first and get the vita episodes for free?

autoduelist

Full game isn't too grindy unless you have a innate need to level every stat to max. If you only level appropriate stats (str for fighters, etc) it's not particularly grindy. I can go into more detail if necessary.

Basically, if the game looks fun to you OP, I'd recommend it. it's far from perfect but it's a great little mobile time waster jrpg/srpg hybrid on vita. there is some helpful dlc but nothing required.

RK128

Did anyone here pick up Tearaway Unfolded today :D?

The game looks fantastic and I hope its transition to the PS4 doesn't tamper with the originals charm and heart :).

RK128

Stoked to see some of these sales! D'Arc will be mine! Mwuahaha! Get to check off at least two games from my wish list.

The sale is really good :).

Might trade in some games tomorrow or Thursday to get a few of the PSP games (Patapon and Locoloco at under 2 bucks O_O! Count me in man :D!).

Garraboa

The sale is really good :).

Might trade in some games tomorrow or Thursday to get a few of the PSP games (Patapon and Locoloco at under 2 bucks O_O! Count me in man :D!).

You didn't have Locoroco? I bought it last year and it's been on my Vita since. I refused to delete it to make space for that monstrous Danganronpa DLC.

RK128

You didn't have Locoroco? I bought it last year and it's been on my Vita since. I refused to delete it to make space for that monstrous Danganronpa DLC.

Locoloco and Patapon are games I've always wanted to get but never got around to buying for my Vita :(.

Will fix that this week for sure thanks to those great prices XD!

Saphirax

Don't think it has been posted; Marvelous announced Corpse Party: Blood Drive - Heavenly Host edition.
Corpse-Party-Package-Figurines.jpg

Can preorder at:

http://store.marvelousgames.com/pro...ps-vita-heavenly-host-edition-free-art-cards/

How do you get Broken Sword PS4/Vita cross buy? I have the first episode on Vita already. Do I need both episodes to get the PS4 for free or is it a situation where you have to buy PS4 first and get the vita episodes for free?

I don't think there's crossbuy at all. I was in the same situation and decided to take the hit and buy the PS4 version as I'm more likely to play through it on my TV.

I have some PSN monies for one game. DR: Another Story or Steins;Gate? I've completed both DR1 and 2 and watched Stein;s Gate anime. So which one should I buy?

I have some PSN monies for one game. DR: Another Story or Steins;Gate? I've completed both DR1 and 2 and watched Stein;s Gate anime. So which one should I buy?

Steins;Gate is the better game, but this kind of depends on how much you want to experience something completely new as you've seen the anime.

Man the years really are starting to make me boring. It does look nice, but I know it would just end up getting shelved or put in my closet. I'm gonna stick to the normal physical version.

dan2026

Damn picked up The Evil Within for £15 with credit when I heard they removed the letterboxing.

But holy crap it run like dogshit. Sub 20fps dog shit. I feel robbed. But I only have myself to blame I suppose.

Cmagus

Is PSN down again?

Works fine for me.

I picked up VVVVV today I couldn't resist double dipping the game is so good and the soundtrack is amazing as well. The trophies for this game are pretty difficult with the toughest one having you complete the game without dying once.

Powwa

You guys weren't kidding, DR:AE looks amazing graphically. I wonder if they will use the same engine for DR 3.

You guys weren't kidding, DR:AE looks amazing graphically. I wonder if they will use the same engine for DR 3.

I sure hope they do. The game would still work, instead of shooting Monokumas we would just have to walk around and look for clues. Also, imagine the trials with actual 3D models, kinda like Ace Attorney did.

Top Bottom