• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
you get 5000 sony bux (which is essentially a $50 PSN) if you sign up for their cc
While we're on the topic,
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328168-free-5-psn-credit/
Get your free bling here. Total of $5 up for grabs. Just log in, click a button, post then delete some FB share crap, and bada-bing-bada-bang, free $5.
So Need for Speed Most Wanted is awesome. However, it makes me long for a game in this vain with severely reduced visual fidelity in favor of CPU opponents and framerate. If I hold the Vita in my lap rather than right to my face it honestly looks like an Xbox360 game. Its amazing. But thats not really worth the tradeoff. Killzone was kinda the same way, whats the point of this level of fidelity if you can't have a bunch of shit happening all at once.

I was genuinely surprised and impressed at the sparks and lampposts and stuff in NFS though. But as someone who has spent probably 120 hours in Burnout Paradise I can't help but imagine something with less detail but more interactivity.

Highly, highly recommended. Especially at the sale price of 10 bucks. Awesome fuckin' game. The microscopic UI put me off at first, but the more I play the more I prefer it. Its still busy as hell and ugly, but the smallness isnt an issue anymore.

Godammit !! The price went up?!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So Need for Speed Most Wanted is awesome. However, it makes me long for a game in this vain with severely reduced visual fidelity in favor of CPU opponents and framerate. If I hold the Vita in my lap rather than right to my face it honestly looks like an Xbox360 game. Its amazing. But thats not really worth the tradeoff. Killzone was kinda the same way, whats the point of this level of fidelity if you can't have a bunch of shit happening all at once.

I was genuinely surprised and impressed at the sparks and lampposts and stuff in NFS though. But as someone who has spent probably 120 hours in Burnout Paradise I can't help but imagine something with less detail but more interactivity.

Highly, highly recommended. Especially at the sale price of 10 bucks. Awesome fuckin' game. The microscopic UI put me off at first, but the more I play the more I prefer it. Its still busy as hell and ugly, but the smallness isnt an issue anymore.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Downloading awesomenauts. Read a couple of reviews and decided what the heck. Looks like fun and was only $7.99

Killzone had a ton of shit going on. I don't know what game you played, but it's totally aces in my book.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
:lol Got some bad news for Shahid
lolshahid.png

https://twitter.com/shahidkamal/status/441727489648242690

Maybe -- work has been soul crushing and non-ending lately... but it might work out -- if you're going to hop on or whatever, shoot me a PM when you do and if i see it in time, I'll try to hop on.

I wonder if I'm patched up to the latest version... I'll try to check before hand.

Omahgerd, I'm dying. LOL

It would be funnier if the Vita didn't have some amazing games and wasn't a great piece of kit.

nampad

Don't know if this is the right thread, I'm trying to transfer pictures from my laptop to Vita. I've connected my Vita via both USB and WiFi, yet my Vita continually refuses to *see* the pictures in the specified folder.

I've made new folders, swapped folders, put the pictures into those folders in every single format, yet my Vita will not see them to copy over.

I'm at the end of my tether here. Just what could I be doing wrong, because I just don't see what step is missing here.

Did you rebuild the database (option in CMA programm on PC) after everything was set up? Elsewise, the Vita can't see the content because the CMA doesn't have it in it's database.

E.g. You can't make a new folder, set it up as the pictures folder in the CMA and then put the pictures in the folder on the PC.
You have to set up the folder when the pictures are already in it or you have to revuild the database when you put new files into a folder.

coolasj19

I think if you have Playstation Premium its reduced to 5 dollars.
Goddammit man... Why don't you have PS+? I'm so grateful that it didn't go up that I'm going to buy it right now just so there's not even a chance of it happening.
I reactivated FB for to get this nonsesne?
MdV0a0V.png
That sucks. Well, keep saving and you'll be able to get the $10 one soon enough. Still a free $5, just not right now.
Hrmm. They seem to be out of stock of the $5 codes >:l
Now you're 500 points closer to the $10 code =D

Flandy

Goddammit man... Why don't you have PS+? I'm so grateful that it didn't go up that I'm going to buy it right now just so there's not even a chance of it happening.

That sucks. Well, keep saving and you'll be able to get the $10 one soon enough. Still a free $5, just not right now.

Now you're 500 points closer to the $10 code =D

I have a Visa credit gift card laying around so I'm just going to pay the $1.23 it's asking me to pay if I want the $10 voucher :lol Plus it says my points expire at the end of the month so I might as well put it to use.

coolasj19

The Spiderman web game lags like hell on my computer, while the omni thingy only gave me 50 points with no share to fb link. Oh well, 50 free points is not bad.
There's a little button that says Sony Reward Zone or something and it has the logo. It should be near the bottom of both. You don't even actually have to play them. Just find the button. I'll grab some pics real fast for you.
I have a Visa credit gift card laying around so I'm just going to pay the $1.23 it's asking me to pay if I want the $10 voucher :lol Plus it says my points expire at the end of the month so I might as well put it to use.
That's the spirit !!

Flandy

There's a little button that says Sony Reward Zone or something and it has the logo. It should be near the bottom of both. You don't even actually have to play them. Just find the button. I'll grab some pics real fast for you.

That's the spirit !!

Redeemed the voucher and bought NFS with it.
Also. Obviously the voucher in the screenshot is already redeemed so don't waste your time :p
lolvita.png

coolasj19

The Spiderman web game lags like hell on my computer, while the omni thingy only gave me 50 points with no share to fb link. Oh well, 50 free points is not bad.
Redeemed the voucher and bought NFS with it.
Also. Obviously the voucher in the screenshot is already redeemed so don't waste your time :p
lolvita.png
I just bought NFS with the same money too =D. Now to go interrogate Criterion on Twitter =D.

Sony doesn't even officially recognize the Vita... Maybe the new CEO of SCEA will change that, lol?

Flandy

I just bought NFS with the same money too =D. Now to go interrogate Criterion on Twitter =D.

Sony doesn't even officially recognize the Vita... Maybe the new CEO of SCEA will change that, lol?

We need to play sometime. I'm still wondering how they even found that conversation. They aren't following any gaffers or anything. They just search up "Need for Speed" on twitter and find us? lol

wilflare

With the help of Sony Rewards (and the awesome GAFers who accepted my Vita referral from last year), I pretty much got PDf for free. Finally used up all of my Sony Rewards points too with $120 in my PSN account. :D

how do you get so much :O
I only got 1000.. so I redeemed a $10 card :/

cafemomo

Just get the Sony Rewards Credit Card you guys, With no annual fee and your first purchases lands you 5000 Sony Rewards Points which allows you to get hot ticket items such as a 12 year PlayStation + or a $50 PlayStation Network card

I applied a few days ago as a joke and they accepted me.

Flandy

For fucks sake. I just realized that when I redeemed that 1 month voucher ZeroAKA gave away it scrambled around my download list. Everything is out of order now because it decided to bump every single PS+ item to the top of the list -__-. Why the fuck can't I get a Vita only filter for my Vita download list? I literally have 666 items in my download history. I can't actually download like 3/4 of that onto my Vita. WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN ADDRESSED YET. When they introduced the new store onto the PS3 they said they were working on it and would implement it at later date. :l

coolasj19

We need to play sometime. I'm still wondering how they even found that conversation. They aren't following any gaffers or anything. They just search up "Need for Speed" on twitter and find us? lol
He probably just searches Criterion and saw our conversation.
how do you get so much :O
I only got 1000.. so I redeemed a $10 card :/
Woot !! Oh wait... just buy a few more things through PSN, usually they have doubles and triples during sales, and you'll get the rest for the other $10 card in no time.
Just get the Sony Rewards Credit Card you guys, With no annual fee and your first purchases lands you 5000 Sony Rewards Points which allows you to get hot ticket items such as a 12 year PlayStation + or a $50 PlayStation Network card
I applied a few days ago as a joke and they accepted me.
You sound like an ad. I ain't signing up for now card. That's how they get you.
I think I got a total of 4000 or 5000 points from that Vita referral program last year. All of them were from GAF. :p
Damn man... I'm jelly.

ZeroAKA

Damn man... I'm jelly.
The best part was that Sony also gave $20 PSN credit to both you and the person you referred on top of 1000 rewards points, and you could refer up to 10 people. Basically, you could have potentially gotten $300 in PSN credit if you got 10 people to register their Vitas with your referral link. It was relatively easy to abuse, but I think Sony got smart. I only had a success rate of 25% with my referrals. Still Sony's best "free money" promotion to date by far though.

-Digits-

For fucks sake. I just realized that when I redeemed that 1 month voucher ZeroAKA gave away it scrambled around my download list. Everything is out of order now because it decided to bump every single PS+ item to the top of the list -__-. Why the fuck can't I get a Vita only filter for my Vita download list? I literally have 666 items in my download history. I can't actually download like 3/4 of that onto my Vita. WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN ADDRESSED YET. When they introduced the new store onto the PS3 they said they were working on it and would implement it at later date. :l

Great, isn't it? My yearly scramble of the download list is coming up in a few months. It's going to be great! I really don't understand why they haven't sorted this out yet. I hope it's not some technical hurdle they can't overcome.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So I had ordered the Slim and memory card Wednesday from Hong Kong and it's scheduled to be delivered Friday morning (US).
Damn.

Thumbs up to SuperUFO.com if so.

killatopak

Gold Member
“Are there any new updates on Dissidia series?”

“I want to make a new Dissidia and people who worked on the previous titles always tell me they want to make a new one."
-Hazama
Make one already! On the Vita please!

“It has been a hot topic recently that a sequel for Chrono Trigger is not happening. Why not? There is also 20th anniversary coming!”

When asked about possible Chrono Trigger sequel, Kitase states that it’s quite a big hurdle. Toriyama adds that they would need to contact Horii (DQ producer) and Sakaguchi (ex-CEO) if they wanted to make it. To sum up, Yoshida says that it seems quite unlikely at the moment.

Excuses. >_>
“There will be 200 songs in Theatrhythm: FFCC?”

“Yes, we have doubled the capacity of the software since the game contains so many songs. I’m also eager to do downloadable content in the future to increase the amount of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn music in the game.”
-Hazama Ichirou

Nice!

http://squareportal.net/2014/03/06/final-fantasy-go-there-special-interview-report-lightning-returns-dissidia-sequel-theatrhythm-final-fantasy-xiv-chrono-trigger-more/

Flandy

Pleasantly surprised at how good NFS looks. Saw a bunch of gameplay on youtube of it before getting it. Looks a lot better on the Vita itself. Why do the cars take forever to respond though? It's annoying >:l

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Need for speed is the best. Omg. I can't believe I haven't played this yet.

Need For Speed is the only game I am playing right now. I'm busy recruiting friend for the social climber trophy in our local fb group. If any vitabro needs a easy opponent you can add me: Cardinalbacon.

I also borked some billboard jumps there so you can get an easy trophy (In Your Face trophy) from me.

phierce

While we're on the topic,
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/328168-free-5-psn-credit/
Get your free bling here. Total of $5 up for grabs. Just log in, click a button, post then delete some FB share crap, and bada-bing-bada-bang, free $5.

Godammit !! The price went up?!
Just a heads up...I just did this and tried to purchase the $5 PSN card and got this message "Sorry, no more coupon code is available for '$5 PlayStation®Store Code', please remove the product from your cart."

Still got the free 500 points, but no $5 card...oh well.

Past

I just bit the bullet and bought NFS: Most Wanted Vita. Hopefully it's as good as you guys say. Will probably get the PS3 version too, if I end up really like it.

co1onel

Just a heads up...I just did this and tried to purchase the $5 PSN card and got this message "Sorry, no more coupon code is available for '$5 PlayStation®Store Code', please remove the product from your cart."

Still got the free 500 points, but no $5 card...oh well.

Its kind of aggravating that they make you get to the end of the checkout process before telling you the product is no longer available.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think 32GB is more than enough honestly.

I feel like people who recommend 64GB have the mentality that they'd like to carry their entire digital library at once but we're only 2 years into the Vita life cycle and that won't be viable with another 3-4+ years of games coming out. You'll need to swap games/pick and choose what to keep on your card eventually no matter how large you go.

I think 32 is enough, but a 64 would be nice if it isn't hugely more expensive. I'm in Japan next month so might pick one up just because. But here is what I have on my 32Gb card, with 2GB free (and P4G in the card slot)

Vita:
NFS most wanted
TxK
Everybody's golf
Gravity Rush
Wipeout 2048
Tearaway
Unit 13
EDf 2017
VLR
Murals aka rebirth
Jet Set Radiooo
New little kings story
Sonic transformed
Touch my katamari
Soul sacrifice
Velocity ultra
Super stardust delta
Flower
Spelunky
Smart as..
Stealth inc
Pinball arcade
Project diva demo

PSP:
Gravity crash portable
Harvest moon: hero of leaf valley
Valkyrie chronicles II
FFT
Corpse party
Patapon 3
Ridge racer
Motor storm arctic edge
Crazy taxi

PSOne:
Metal gear solid
Front mission 3

PSM:
Passing time
Playstation home arcade

I'm not exactly limited by choice, and I'd only need to shuffle the fridge if I increased my backlog even more.

Turnstyle

I checked out NFS on Vita on the EU store, after noticing it was $5 in the US. A nice price I thought, I wonder if...

£40.

Oof.

Velcro Fly

I think with how easy it seems to get my hands on a 64gb card based on import talk here there's no way I'd ever buy a 32gb card unless it was under $40. I have a 16gb and while I don't find myself scrambling for space often, I know I have a plane ride to Florida coming up in a few months and will likely want to load up on things to have plenty to play.

That said, think I'm going to splurge a little on the God of War games while they are on sale.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Vita finally got its revenge against the boss of SCEA and put a guy that worked on some PSP games.
Justice is done.
i'm half serious

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think with how easy it seems to get my hands on a 64gb card based on import talk here there's no way I'd ever buy a 32gb card unless it was under $40. I have a 16gb and while I don't find myself scrambling for space often, I know I have a plane ride to Florida coming up in a few months and will likely want to load up on things to have plenty to play.

That said, think I'm going to splurge a little on the God of War games while they are on sale.

what are the price differences though? Aren't the highest capacity cards usually a lot more expensive than others? The second highest (in this case the 32) is usually a better sweet spot.

edit: hmm, about £32 for a 32GB and £49 for a 64GB from amazon jp. Not too bad. I paid more than that for my 32GB originally

wilflare

The best part was that Sony also gave $20 PSN credit to both you and the person you referred on top of 1000 rewards points, and you could refer up to 10 people. Basically, you could have potentially gotten $300 in PSN credit if you got 10 people to register their Vitas with your referral link. It was relatively easy to abuse, but I think Sony got smart. I only had a success rate of 25% with my referrals. Still Sony's best "free money" promotion to date by far though.

how come I didn't get my reward points... UGH
or would they have expired? :/
or maybe I didn't sign up sonyrewards T_T

anddo0

how come I didn't get my reward points... UGH
or would they have expired? :/
or maybe I didn't sign up sonyrewards T_T

Points do expire. I have 574 that will expire 3/31.

Go to the website and try to sign in to confirm that you did sign up.
http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/

Edit:

While were on the subject of points. I noticed that you get 500 points for preordering inFAMOUS Second Son from GS.
What if you already pre-ordered in-store?

Top Bottom