• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Amazing. Less than 48 hours later.

12993095554_91cf943a73_z.jpg

12993098224_9c02c4024c_z.jpg

Skyzard

Banned
Can someone summarize the Vita announcements of this week?

something like:

Luftrausers - march 18
Steamworld Dig - march 18
Fez - march 26
Destiny of Spirits - march 26
Galak-Z
vita - rules
Football manager classic - april
Cel Damage HD - spring
Pixel Junk shooter Ultimate - summer

Might be missing a couple, also:

the next penelope dev working hard to bring it to vita
futuridium ep deluxe on its way

nicolajNN

Awesome, been looking forward to it.
Didn't expect this coming so soon. I missed the Beta last year because had no Vita at that time. How were the impressions at that time?

I liked it a lot, amazing art and music, the game-play and systems were generally fun, the micro-transactions were not in place though so I have no idea how limiting or expensive they will be

RalchAC

If I deleted the demo is there a way to recover my old data? I think I cloud saved it xD

Game was quite decent and "daily rewards" were good enough for me to get hooked. It's the kind of game that I would like to play for 20-30 minutes daily.

Edit: Man, if they're going to develop Football Manager on the Vita from now on I hope they start releasing the game when the season starts. April is really near the end of it, but I guess porting the engine could have been difficult.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
something like:

Luftrausers - march 18
Fez - march 26
Galak-Z
vita - rules
Cel Damage HD - spring

Akiba's Trip as well!

maouvin

If I deleted the demo is there a way to recover my old data? I think I cloud saved it xD

Back when the beta ended they said on twitter that nothing from it would be imported so it'd be safe to delete it.

Did they announce any form of importing from the beta? Can't check the PSblogs right now.

newjeruse

something like:

Luftrausers - march 18
Fez - march 26
Galak-Z
vita - rules
Cel Damage HD - spring

I don't think anyone in this thread mentioned Foul Play, which was announced on the Blog yesterday:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/06/foul-play-coming-to-ps4-ps-vita/

RalchAC

Back when the beta ended they said on twitter that nothing from it would be imported so it'd be safe to delete it.

Did they announce any form of importing from the beta? Can't check the PSblogs right now.

Shiiiit I spend a good amount of hours in the Beta. I thought they said we could import our datas. Still, I could be wrong. But developers have been quite nice to us with demos. Both SS and Toukiden had long demos with save imports.

something like:

Luftrausers - march 18
Fez - march 26
Galak-Z
vita - rules
Cel Damage HD - spring

welp, gotta ask my boss for more night shifts

injurai

Banned
What all needs to be done when replacing your memory card? Just transfer my games over to my PS3 or something?

Or can I use that PC client to migrate the data?

killatopak

So someone is selling me a PS3 with 2 controllers and a game for $140. This was bought last year around fall.

I do have a PS3 but the problem is it has YLOD so I can't play my existing games and PS+ games. The price for fixing my PS3 (Reballing) is around $50.

I'm extremely tempted to buy another PS3 for CFW especially for the Vesperia translation.

The downside is I'd lose my money for the Vita gaemz for the rest of the year most likely.

What to do gaf?

PS - If there is a homemade way to fix my YLOD then I'd appreciate it if you could tell me.

Rixa

PS - If there is a homemade way to fix my YLOD then I'd appreciate it if you could tell me.

Youtube is your friend. Search: PS3 ylod fix

I know couple ppl that have fixed their ylod console using ytube vids.
I had YLOD in my almost 3 year (2y51w) old EU release PS3. Made reclamation to Sony Finland importer (Nordisk film). Got refurbished console back (still works, tho sound is very loud).

Lost all my saves & ~2000 pics in original PS3 tho. Now I know, remember to take copy from saves. Ok PS+ helps nowadays, the powah of da cloud ;).

maouvin

Isn't reballing just a temp fix? Like, you fix it now and it'll die again in 1~n days?
Didn't do it on my PS3 because it didn't seem worth the money.

Shiiiit I spend a good amount of hours in the Beta. I thought they said we could import our datas. Still, I could be wrong. But developers have been quite nice to us with demos. Both SS and Toukiden had long demos with save imports.

Well, we could just download the beta app again and restore the save from the cloud.
Unless it doesn't stay on the download list. Never checked it.

RalchAC

Huzaah my Tonttu is ready for this!

Been waiting this badly. Beta was fun (yea I know we had many advantages in beta vs release).

Pro tip: Use your few golden (in picture I have 20 of them) orbs to buy more spirit slots.

Hope the full game has a "Persona compendium" (I'd prefer it recovering spirits is not behind a paywall, but being able to save your spirits data would be awesome and add a nice element to the game.

It has trophies, right?

Well, we could just download the beta app again and restore the save from the cloud.

Would be nice if someone with spare space on their memory card give it a try. I'm a 16GB peasant so I can't xD

Rixa

Isn't reballing just a temp fix? Like, you fix it now and it'll die again in 1~n days?

Yeah, someone had like 15 days of working someone 180 so its kinda temporary fix. DIY if you want something to save from PS3, if not, buy new / used one.

Uh oh, would be nice if I can keep my save in DoS. Ive never deleted it from my 16Gb card. got some nice SR summons there, like this one (this is not even "good good" one:

killatopak

I'm not quite sure but other that have tried it seems to be satisfied with it.

Is the hairblower trick effectively permanent or do I have to do this every time I get a YLOD.

Takao

Banned
It's weird how we went over a decade with Toro never leaving Asia, and now he's in PlayStation All-Stars, PlayStation Home, Toro's Friend Network, Destiny of Spirits, etc.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's weird how we went over a decade with Toro never leaving Asia, and now he's in PlayStation All-Stars, PlayStation Home, Toro's Friend Network, Destiny of Spirits, etc.

Maybe Jack Tretton was holding him back from the US?

(I still want them to patch the Disgaea 2-3 DLC cameos in the US versions. >:|)

---

Or more realistically, maybe they finally stopped giving a damn in "OMG THEY'RE TOO WACKY/JAPANESE" and released them in a "who gives a shit" manner.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
something like:

Luftrausers - march 18
Fez - march 26
Galak-Z
vita - rules
Cel Damage HD - spring

There's Infinita Strata and Rocketbird 2 too
http://gematsu.com/2014/03/ps4-indi...it-leynos-two-shmups-first-look-rocketbirds-2

EDIT:
Rocketbirds 2 Evolution trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMgaSSag2j8

and screens

Khronico

Can anyone recommend a PS3 NFS game for me? I can't seem to decide whether or not I should get one, and what one I should get (considering Hot Pursuit). I can get two, but I'm not sure if there's two worth getting, since I hear mixed opinions on The Run and Most Wanted.

btkadams

Can anyone recommend a PS3 NFS game for me? I can't seem to decide whether or not I should get one, and what one I should get (considering Hot Pursuit). I can get two, but I'm not sure if there's two worth getting, since I hear mixed opinions on The Run and Most Wanted.

do you prefer open-world or closed-circuit races chosen by menu?

i vastly prefer the latter, so hot pursuit is a must-buy. it's definitely my favourite nfs game of this past gen.

Khronico

do you prefer open-world or closed-circuit races chosen by menu?

i vastly prefer the latter, so hot pursuit is a must-buy. it's definitely my favourite nfs game of this past gen.

I enjoy both types, which is why I'm having trouble deciding whether to just get Hot Pursuit or HP and Most Wanted. I'll give it some more thought, but thank you for the recommendation!

nampad

So someone is selling me a PS3 with 2 controllers and a game for $140. This was bought last year around fall.

I do have a PS3 but the problem is it has YLOD so I can't play my existing games and PS+ games. The price for fixing my PS3 (Reballing) is around $50.

I'm extremely tempted to buy another PS3 for CFW especially for the Vesperia translation.

The downside is I'd lose my money for the Vita gaemz for the rest of the year most likely.

What to do gaf?

Sure they are doing a proper reballing and not just a cheap and easy reflow, even if it is a infrared laser one. Couldn't find any shop in Germany which does a proper reballing and has gotten good reviews. Everyone of them had many bad reviews regarding several aspects.

A homemade reflow is easy, you just need a heatgun, thermal compound and for best results some flux.
Google the repair guide by gilsky, he has a very detailed one with pictures.

Reflows will get broken again sooner or later though. When you are lucky, they can work for years like my 360 but it can be 1-2 months as easily.

Skyzard

Banned
There's Infinita Strata and Rocketbird 2 too
http://gematsu.com/2014/03/ps4-indi...it-leynos-two-shmups-first-look-rocketbirds-2

EDIT:
Rocketbirds 2 Evolution trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMgaSSag2j8

and screens

All the announcements are just getting silly now! Rocketbirds 2 looks pretty cool, seems like they added fire and jump? :)

Look at this monster:

Luftrausers - March 18th
Steamworld Dig - March 18th
Fez - March 26th
Destiny of Spirits - March 26th
Deception IV - March 28
FFX/X-2 - March 2014
MLB 14 - April 1
Sly Collection (1-3) - 16th April
Conception 2 - April 2014
Demon Gaze - April 22
Football Manager Classic - April