• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

ramyeon

please give impressions if you pull the trigger.
i bought a 3rd party usb cable from monoprice since i was ordering some other stuff and for some reason it would charge but not sync, and while i was trying to figure it out i thought i wouldn't be in this situation with the vita 2000.
I think I'm sold on it now, probably gonna order it tonight or early next week. Will definitely post impressions!

ramyeon

I'll hop on the impressions train as well... Whenever nippon yasan decides to ship my order.

*impatient grumble*
Nice, I just pulled the trigger on the Lime Green one from a reputable eBay seller. They're guaranteeing free 2-5 day delivery so hopefully I'll have it by the end of next week! Now I just need to find someone to buy my 1000 model :p

Benedict

So is Nippon Yasa the place to order a 64gb card if I want it delivered to Sweden without any trouble with taxes and customs?
Any other place or trusted ebay-sellers you can recommend?

By the way, 32 gb card are still not officially available in Sweden and a 16 gb card costs at it's cheapest. $52 excluding shipping.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Talking about being judged, I downloaded the dream club demo from the Japanese PSN partly out of curiosity and partly for some easy trophies. My wife gave me such an odd look :)

The characters are odd in that - seeing '3D' anime characters with very little facial animation but moving smoothly made them look like those people that dress up and wear anime masks - a bit freaky.

RalchAC

Chie and Naoto?

Same thing I thought.

Kicking Yu's ass?

Nah, probably Yosuke. He was probably looking at the girls while they were bathing on the hot springs xD.

Or he broke another Chie's Kung Fu film.

Talking about being judged, I downloaded the dream club demo from the Japanese PSN partly out of curiosity and partly for some easy trophies. My wife gave me such an odd look :)

The characters are odd in that - seeing '3D' anime characters with very little facial animation but moving smoothly made them look like those people that dress up and wear anime masks - a bit freaky.

That remembered me the guy who chose LovePlus over his wife lol.

nampad

I think I had the worst public experience of playing an Vita.

It was the typical morning rush hour train and its jampacked with people as usual. I was lucky to have a seat in the train but I was sandwiched between two ladies (a schoolgirl and an office worker). I kind of know the persons who ride this train with me but I am not in speaking terms with them. Now since its a 40 to one hour commute, I decided to play one Vita game to keep me awake.
My mistake was I forgot to bring my game cards that day, and the game in the slot was Valhalla Knights 3 loaned from a friend. I continued anyway since I remembered that my character was dressed like a normal RPG character. Now I entered the sort of town to buy equipment (sure, equipment) when "that" mini-game appears. I was deeply engrossed in playing this that I did not noticed the two ladies near me and the people in front of me are already "watching" me play. When I finished the mini-game, I felt stares (of disgust from the women, of approval from the men) from every direction. Now I take the bus and also maintains a digital collection of games.

That's a great story, lol.

This showed up on the LiveArea of the Vita PS Store app early Friday:

4DKNvbC.jpg

Only 1 week to get the bonus this time. I don't believe this started yet. The URL shown in the banner still mentioned the last promotion last October.

So I've been locked out of my PSN for like a week now because of this hacking. I just started paying for Plus too, so I'm a little pissed. I wonder if there's any way I can get compensation for this.

Field

I just bought a oled Vita. I think I will start with Gravity Rush. I only got 4GB memory card with it. Is 64GB card available in Europe yet?

It was the typical morning rush hour train and its jampacked with people as usual. I was lucky to have a seat in the train but I was sandwiched between two ladies (a schoolgirl and an office worker). I kind of know the persons who ride this train with me but I am not in speaking terms with them. Now since its a 40 to one hour commute, I decided to play one Vita game to keep me awake.
My mistake was I forgot to bring my game cards that day, and the game in the slot was Valhalla Knights 3 loaned from a friend. I continued anyway since I remembered that my character was dressed like a normal RPG character. Now I entered the sort of town to buy equipment (sure, equipment) when "that" mini-game appears. I was deeply engrossed in playing this that I did not noticed the two ladies near me and the people in front of me are already "watching" me play. When I finished the mini-game, I felt stares (of disgust from the women, of approval from the men) from every direction. Now I take the bus and also maintains a digital collection of games.

Maybe you just sold few more vitas that way:D

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

So basically the ladies = your avatar and the men = my avatar, hahaha.

killatopak

I wonder if I should participate in that $10 promo.

$40 FF
$16 PDf DLC

Means I need $4.03 more to get that $10.

How much for the Gravity Rush DLC?

So I've been locked out of my PSN for like a week now because of this hacking. I just started paying for Plus too, so I'm a little pissed. I wonder if there's any way I can get compensation for this.

I would definitely try if I were you. Try to get at least a free month or two of PS+ or some PSN credit.

dan2026

Good Lord is it just me or are Hatsune Miku's songs fast as fuck?

It may just be that I haven't played rhythm games in a while, but the demo is really giving me some trouble.

killatopak

Good Lord is it just me or are Hatsune Miku's songs fast as fuck?

It may just be that I haven't played rhythm games in a while, but the demo is really giving me some trouble.

You'll get used to it. At first I was even having problems on normal difficulty songs but now I have mostly ranked great or excellent on extreme difficulty songs.

Hahaha, I loved when I played SK Shinovi Versus in the train, the people at my side kept the eyes glued on the Vita since the moment they saw the clothes going away.

killatopak

Maybe but this happens quite often on PSN. What about other services like Steam or other console services like XBox Live and Nintendo's Network? I mainly use PSN which is why I ask.

Steam is down quite often too.

I don't use Live or have an Xbox so I dunno.

I also seldom use Nintendo's network. I mostly play offline games on Nintendo so I'm not sure but knowing how their online infrastructure works, I'd guess its also down quite often.

I would definitely try if I were you. Try to get at least a free month or two of PS+ or some PSN credit.

It wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't been so hard to get in touch with them in the first place, but I've had problems with Amazon, Nintendo, and Microsoft, and they've all had better and prompter customer service.

It wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't been so hard to get in touch with them in the first place, but I've had problems with Amazon, Nintendo, and Microsoft, and they've all had better and prompter customer service.

My friend had the same thing happen (account hacked) on Xbox Live, and his dealings were an absolute nightmare. All he wanted was to keep his Gamerscore, etc. and his licenses, but he lost everything, even after 3-4 months of bickering with MS customer support.

I gave the demo of Dustforce a try and quite enjoyed it. What is the frame rate like on later levels as it had bits of slowdown here and there (nothing to bad, certainly not as bad as Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Vita was!).

Seems like a fairly decent game though.

Just finished the prologue to Danganronpa, after knowing nothing about the game, aside from it being visual novel-ish. What an intriguing concept. This is going to be fun.

Also, what is it with Japan and talking bears?

Zephyx

Just finished the prologue to Danganronpa, after knowing nothing about the game, aside from it being visual novel-ish. What an intriguing concept. This is going to be fun.

Bear with it.

Note that the game might be slow on the upstart but it is really good. Will keep you wanting more.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

Let's talk about it over a bear

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Guess I'm pre ordering inFAMOUS digitally then.
Rottenecards_871483100_zqf8bm2syz.png

Goddamn genius is what this is. You just bought inFamous digitally, sending a straight $60 over to Sony and out of the ~$30 extra dollars they get from not passing through a retailer, they only have to give you $10 back. Which you may most likely use on an item that cost more than $10. Getting you to put more into the system.

At least I'm getting wined and dined before I get played =D

Top Bottom