• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS3/PS4) | March 2014

Flandy

But why couldn't this be valid when FFX/X-2 HD for Vita is out ;_;

Hopefully it means that it ends at 11:59 PM PT on that day

I just had a dream that I climbed up a building with a bunch of snow on it and once I got to the top the gravity from the Sun became so strong and lifted me into space. I fought my way back to Earth and burned up upon re entry while Kyoko had an internal monologue.
250px-KirigiriKyouko.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Rottenecards_871483100_zqf8bm2syz.png

Goddamn genius is what this is. You just bought inFamous digitally, sending a straight $60 over to Sony and out of the ~$30 extra dollars they get from not passing through a retailer, they only have to give you $10 back. Which you may most likely use on an item that cost more than $10. Getting you to put more into the system.

At least I'm getting wined and dined before I get played =D

LOL I got played like a fiddle for buying a game I would have bought anyway? And I bypass giving Gamestop money? You're trying really hard to be a dick, and it's a little cringeworthy.

I would understand if you weren't making much money this would ruffle your feathers, but I make enough to buy whatever I'd like and not bat an eye.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
LOL I got played like a fiddle for buying a game I would have bought anyway? And I bypass giving Gamestop money? You're trying really hard to be a dick, and it's a little cringeworthy.
I would understand if you weren't making much money this would ruffle your feathers, but I make enough to buy whatever I'd like and not bat an eye.
It's a joke. I'm not that stupid/bitter/shillish/ignorant/ect. I wish I hadn't pre-ordered the game digitally til now actually. I'm just breaking down the strategy they use. I hope they do this more often for other first party games.

Little Deviants. I hate this game. I hate it irrantionally but that doesn't change anything. Everything about it, music, visuals, interactions, everything, displeases every one of my senses. I had to play it and be decent at it to help a buddy get a trophy just now. I'm deleting this and it's going back into the aether. Luckily, I'll never find it again since I got it for free and it's buried in the download list.

Does anyone know when Sony Rewards' website repopulates their gifts?

They are out of $5 PSN cards and I have 500 points to redeem. Just wondering how long I will have to wait?

elhav

Really enjoying NFS now that I've gotten used to the controls. 5 bucks well spent
+1

The game is totally fun, and it's a good pick up and play game as well. Like the environments and indeed, the car handling is good when you get used it.

nampad

Wow, Ys is really overstaying its welcome.
Oh yeah I just did two dungeons back to back so now I can finally fight the final boss. Haha, no, here are three more dungeons you hbe to grind through without anything inbetween. Also remember that we don't have time to waste but I'll just talk some useless shit so you can't actually save the world in time.
Not being able to finish up the quests after you beat the final boss is already a bad oversight but the late game quests are even designed just to get on your nerves.
You just did that stupid quest for me but I want you to do more. And how about you look around the whole fucking world for something?
Game was great so far but the endgame just sucks and there are so many small details which are horribly designed.
The constant need to switch out party members for their unique ability like Duren's lock picking is annoying as hell. Showing the player an animation everytime a mechanic is activated is also too much, especially if the levels are designed so bad that you have constantly watch this shit instead of playing. Combined with the loading times it gets tedious fast.

Why isn't Umjammer Lammi not playable on vita? And is Parrapa available at all besides the PSP version and does that ever go on sale? 20 for Parrapa seems steep when I bought Umjammer for 6

Saphirax

Wow, Ys is really overstaying its welcome.
Oh yeah I just did two dungeons back to back so now I can finally fight the final boss. Haha, no, here are three more dungeons you hbe to grind through without anything inbetween. Also remember that we don't have time to waste but I'll just talk some useless shit so you can't actually save the world in time.
Not being able to finish up the quests after you beat the final boss is already a bad oversight but the late game quests are even designed just to get on your nerves.
You just did that stupid quest for me but I want you to do more. And how about you look around the whole fucking world for something?
Game was great so far but the endgame just sucks and there are so many small details which are horribly designed.
The constant need to switch out party members for their unique ability like Duren's lock picking is annoying as hell. Showing the player an animation everytime a mechanic is activated is also too much, especially if the levels are designed so bad that you have constantly watch this shit instead of playing. Combined with the loading times it gets tedious fast.

I actually had to take a break from the game. I'm near the end as well but want to complete all the side-quests. I love the game, but the side-quests near the end of the game are tedious. Not even going to mention how annoying it is to get 100% map completion. Stuck at 92%+ and not even going to bother to complete it.
It's a shame there's only one ranged character though...

Tizoc

Why isn't Umjammer Lammi not playable on vita? And is Parrapa available at all besides the PSP version and does that ever go on sale? 20 for Parrapa seems steep when I bought Umjammer for 6

Um Jammer Lamy can be transfered from PS3 to your Vita on US PSN.
Parappa only has the PSP ver. on US PSN at least.

Tapejara

It's a joke. I'm not that stupid/bitter/shillish/ignorant/ect. I wish I hadn't pre-ordered the game digitally til now actually. I'm just breaking down the strategy they use. I hope they do this more often for other first party games.

Little Deviants. I hate this game. I hate it irrantionally but that doesn't change anything. Everything about it, music, visuals, interactions, everything, displeases every one of my senses. I had to play it and be decent at it to help a buddy get a trophy just now. I'm deleting this and it's going back into the aether. Luckily, I'll never find it again since I got it for free and it's buried in the download list.

Did you already delete it? Cause I need that trophy too...

nampad

I actually had to take a break from the game. I'm near the end as well but want to complete all the side-quests. I love the game, but the side-quests near the end of the game are tedious. Not even going to mention how annoying it is to get 100% map completion. Stuck at 92%+ and not even going to bother to complete it.
It's a shame there's only one ranged character though...

Haha the map completion where you literally had to run around the edges to get 100% and the not explored edges aren't even that obviously shown on your map.

And yes, the quests are very tedious. Rambled about them in my spoilers too.

Rolf NB

Haha the map completion where you literally had to run around the edges to get 100% and the not explored edges aren't even that obviously shown on your map.

And yes, the quests are very tedious. Rambled about them in my spoilers too.
Which Ys is it, the Vita one? Or one of the older PSP entries?

RalchAC

Yup. They got more money. We got more games for less. Everyone is happy if we put aside that poor GameStop employee that was fired due to a decrease on retail sales
D:

Jokes aside, I don't get really like GameStop either. I don't get why I should go to a store where I'm "paying" customer service if I know like five times more about videogames than him. I'm not asking him to know everything or have a GAF account. But he should at least go to a gaming news site 2-3 times a week and see what's up with his job.

If he isn't informed enough to "help me" in my purchases or he even tries to misinform myself, I'd rather buy my games on Amazon, where I could get those games for 53-55€ instead of 59.99€.

Sadly there isn't a local retailer where I live. I'm sure a guy that has opened his own store would be more "pasionate" about games than the random GS / Game employee. Not saying all of them are that way.

Seeing you people playing MW makes me want it. I should have bought it when it was for 9.99 in January :(

ZeroAKA

I'm down. Question. Why don't some cars have boost?

This game looks pretty good at times but at others it looks like PSP game lol
You have to unlock the nitro mods for each car by completing certain races. And yeah, NFSMW can get really ugly.

coolasj19

Yup. They got more money. We got more games for less. Everyone is happy if we put aside that poor GameStop employee that was fired due to a decrease on retail sales
D:
Jokes aside, I don't get really like GameStop either. I don't get why I should go to a store where I'm "paying" customer service if I know like five times more about videogames than him. I'm not asking him to know everything or have a GAF account. But he should at least go to a gaming news site 2-3 times a week and see what's up with his job.
If he isn't informed enough to "help me" in my purchases or he even tries to misinform myself, I'd rather buy my games on Amazon, where I could get those games for 53-55€ instead of 59.99€.
Sadly there isn't a local retailer where I live. I'm sure a guy that has opened his own store would be more "pasionate" about games than the random GS / Game employee. Not saying all of them are that way.
Seeing you people playing MW makes me want it. I should have bought it when it was for 9.99 in January :( [/SPOILR]
NFS MW is only $5 with Plus. Oh yeah, you're not in the US.
How likely is it that, NFS MW is free next month?
0%
The month after that it is 100% guaranteed thought because everyone bought it
This man is correct. They've tweaked things so that you no longer buy a game on sale one month and then it's free the next. Now they wait two months.
I'm down. Question. Why don't some cars have boost?
This game looks pretty good at times but at others it looks like PSP game lol
It looks fantastic when the harsh light of the sun is making hard shadows and reflections.

Past

Wow, NFS: Most Wanted on Vita is really really good. I'd get the PS3 version too, but it seems like the Drive Force GT wheel don't work with it?

kiriin

The Vita one, Memories of Celceta. Overall, it is a pretty good game, so don't hesitate to buy it just because I like to ramble about some issues.

The series has been known for it relatively short length, the endgame really was athe nightmare or inferno runs. But Im one of those people who never care for map completion or sidequest.

Are Burnout Paradise, Most Wanted or Hot Pursuit similar to Midnight Club? Are they good. Can I get pros and cons for each? I'd like to get one while I wait for Dark Souls II.

coolasj19

I can wait, I have too many games to play anyway...
Just buy the darn game. I'm pretty sure we were both being sarcastic. There's no way to tell what will be on PS+ for Vita. It's $5. And it's really good.

ReaperXL7

Sucks that Demon Gaze is not coming until the end of April...I want a solid rpg to play that also features a nice amount of character customization/progression.

Of course once we get that, and Disgaea 4 it will be all good.

Lemstar

So hey, word of warning, it seems Persona 2: Innocent Sin (both US and EU versions) are the latest in a long line of games hackers have exploited to enable people to run GBA emulators and such in PSP mode on their Vita. :3

At any rate, once Sony gets word of it, the game will probably be pulled from the PS Store. No idea if it'll return at a later date, so you may want to get it now.

coolasj19

Well I need the rest of the trophies, but the one for beating a friends challenge is the last online one I need. Whatevs, don't worry about it. At least I know someone on my Friends list has it :p.
I'm gonna start charging for my trophy services. You may only contact me for this trophy if it's the last one you need before a Platinum.
but I won't have/make any time soon to play this....
Do you want it? If yes, then buy it now. This is the lowest price it has ever been and most likely ever will be. You can make time for it later.
Bap Ba Babiddy Da
Looks like I own Persona 2 now. Okay. Sure, why not. Aditionally, it's actually not a bad game. So that's the other reason I plunged in. But now I'm $5 behind on my FFX HD Vita purchase AGAIN GODDAMIT ME WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! I need $30 instead of $20 now... And now I don't have Luftwaresers/Fez money... *sigh*

Flandy

Looks like I own Persona 2 now. Okay. Sure, why not. Aditionally, it's actually not a bad game. So that's the other reason I plunged in. But now I'm $5 behind on my FFX HD Vita purchase AGAIN GODDAMIT ME WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?! I need $30 instead of $20 now... And now I don't have Luftwaresers/Fez money... *sigh*
But FFX is $40..?
I should buy NFS on my Japanese and European account then.

Thrice the raitoningu in the game :p

I should be free after 8PM CST.

Just gotta sort out my little foray with Nintendo regarding about my digital purchases.
Gonna shower and have some pizza while I wait.

coolasj19

But FFX is $40..?
Gonna shower and have some pizza while I wait.
I have $16.62 in my PSN Wallet. I have $20 of cash to put towards a $20 PSN Card. That's $36.62. I can't buy increments of $5. So now I have to spend $30, to buy FFX HD Vita.

Why can't I stop spending money?! T_T I just wanted one game...
Ugh this is such BS. When hackers find exploits in crappy games no one is really gonna miss it's fine, but titles like this which are a great addition to PSN end up getting pulled because of hackers it's really shitty.
It's an Atlus game. They'll probably fix it and put it back up in a month or so.

Edgeward

Alright, not gonna delete it any time soon off my vita. Still need to finish it.

Beat normal mode of Dragon's Crown. Fun game. the loot and missions is enough of a spice to carry me to the end. Might go for hard mode, not sure. For now, i still need to beat Ys.

ramyeon

It's an Atlus game. They'll probably fix it and put it back up in a month or so.
I know it's an Atlus game, is there any precedent for this though?

I don't trust Atlus' handling of the Persona games earlier than 3. Especially not in Europe where they haven't even bothered to let us get the Eternal Punishment PSOne classic version on PSN.

Flandy

shower pizza is the best pizza
nonono. I'm going to eat the pizza in the shower

I have $16.62 in my PSN Wallet. I have $20 of cash to put towards a $20 PSN Card. That's $36.62. I can't buy increments of $5. So now I have to spend $30, to buy FFX HD Vita.

Why can't I stop spending money?! T_T I just wanted one game...

:lol Buy a $10 voucher off Amazon.

Massa

Ugh this is such BS. When hackers find exploits in crappy games no one is really gonna miss it's fine, but titles like this which are a great addition to PSN end up getting pulled because of hackers it's really shitty.

The games aren't pulled because of hackers, they're pulled because Sony treats their customers like potential pirates.

Top Bottom