• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

SerTapTap

Great sale, can't really list all the good stuff. Going to buy LocoRoco so I can play on my Vita, not sure what else to get. Is it not live on the PSN website yet? I want to view it from there so I remember what I already own

Tizoc

This is the cheapest Trails in the Sky has been in the past 2 years, even if you're hesitant about getting it, just get it, you won't likely see it go on sale again for a long time

antibolo

Banned
Eh screw it, I already have too many unplayed Falcom games but $6 Ys would be kinda dumb to pass on.

Fun fact: I got a real physical copy of Ys Book I & II on the TG16 (for my sweet RGB-modded PC Engine Duo-R), still unplayed beyond the opening cinematic. And here I am buying even more Yss... Yses... Yssessessess...

daydream

Banned
Eh screw it, I already have too many unplayed Falcom games but $6 Ys would be kinda dumb to pass on.

Fun fact: I got a real physical copy of Ys Book I & II on the TG16 (for my sweet RGB-modded PC Engine Duo-R), still unplayed beyond the opening cinematic. And here I am buying even more Yss... Yses... Yssessessess...

If it makes you feel any better, I own three Ys games (soon to be four) and haven't played any of them.

SerTapTap

Nrg, can't decide whether to get Dondongrompa digital oro not. I guess I won't find physical at this price point any time soon/ever, it's $45 on amazon somehow. If I like Ghost Trick I'll like dangan ronpa right, I don't usually do VNs

...if you're on PSV. For PS4, I'm gravely disappointed. Just me, perhaps.

Nah the PS4 stuff sucks, tons of great stuff for PS3/Vita though.

Yasumi

Banned
Think I'll pass on Okami HD since I already have the PS2 version, and I'm picking up Nep Rebirth 2 for full price in a couple weeks. Ayesha+ and Disgaea 4 is already plenty.

Pretty impressed with the upcoming sale, certainly see a handful of things I want to get.

And I'm so glad I waited and waited for a price tag under $20 for P4G. Frugality justified.

yaffi

Meh, I'm still on the fence about going all digital on the Vita. I like to put boxes on my shelf. But with the Vita it's really only a box and nothing else.

Also I tend to sell some games I don't need anymore. Decisions, decisions.

Durden77

Can someone direct me to the standard PS4 OT? I can't seem to find it. Just bought a brand new blu ray and it's skipping like a mother fucker on my PS4.

Question for people who own a Vita and PSTV:

Could you use the same memory card for both units? Or do they have to have their own memory cards to function?

I wouldn't be using both at the same time, so if I can use the one 64GB card I have for both units, that would be preferred.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The one and only thing I miss from PS+ was when sales like this rolled around and had multiple games I want. The discount is so nice...but I can't support any service that charges for online play.

Could you use the same memory card for both units? Or do they have to have their own memory cards to function?

I wouldn't be using both at the same time, so if I can use the one 64GB card I have for both units, that would be preferred.

Yeah you can just switch cards. After a minute of "rebuilding database" each time and moving your bubbles, it works fine.

antibolo

Banned

Assuming they both use the same PSN account, yes you can.

But keep in mind that:
1) You have to shut down to swap cards
2) It will "rebuild the database" on every swap, which takes about 2 minutes on my 64GB card
3) Anything not in folders will get tossed around

It's still less hassle than separate cards though, if you want to play the same games on both.

Yeah you can just switch cards. After a minute of "rebuilding database", it works fine.

Assuming they both use the same PSN account, yes you can.

But keep in mind that:
1) You have to shut down to swap cards
2) It will "rebuild the database" on every swap, which takes about 2 minutes on my 64GB card
3) Anything not in folders will get tossed around

It's still less hassle than separate cards though, if you want to play the same games on both.

Awesome, thanks for the info. Makes considering a PSTV easier.

Only real reason I'd want one is to be able to stream Vita games on twitch sometime in the future. I know that like the PS3, I need a splitter since the HDMI output has that security thing on it. I'm hoping within two months I have everything I need to begin streaming things.

antibolo

Banned
Considering this is the same company that announced a "spend $100, get $10" promotion a day after the Store update, I wouldn't be surprised.

Actually, the last time they did that, it retroactively counted the previous day, so stuff you bought at the time of the last Store update was included in the total.

antibolo

Banned

Only real reason I'd want one is to be able to stream Vita games on twitch sometime in the future. I know that like the PS3, I need a splitter since the HDMI output has that security thing on it. I'm hoping within two months I have everything I need to begin streaming things.

Yeah the PSTV is also permanently HDCP, in typical Playstation fashion.

I know Parakeetman does PSTV streams, works fine once you bypass the HDCP.

SerTapTap

It's nice for that, but some games play really nice with a controller too. Love freedom wars on it

Check your game compatibility. Yeah PSTV uses HDCP. I got this splitter for $25 and it does the job.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004F9LVXC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Here is an example of the output for a video I did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeOG2PXfq40

You can get a modded Vita for a lot of money to output video but from the YouTube videos it doesn't look as good. This guy has a modded Vita:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pockj-UgJNI

Check your game compatibility. Yeah PSTV uses HDCP. I got this splitter for $25 and it does the job.

You can get a modded Vita for a lot of money to output video but from the YouTube videos it doesn't look as good. This guy has a modded Vita:

To be fair, the quality of the video depends not only on the method of output, but whatever's used to re-encode the video after - but yeah, the upscaler on the PSTV has the potential for better quality raw video.

Tapejara

Actually, the last time they did that, it retroactively counted the previous day, so stuff you bought at the time of the last Store update was included in the total.

Are you referring to the October "Spend $100, Get $15 Back" Promotion? I never received my credit for that one despite spending nearly $60 on the day the Store updated and passing the $100 threshold before the promotion ended.

Guess it's too late to see if I can still get the credit.

---

PlayStation Store Update Is Live

Thanks for these, I'll certainly scope the vids out. That's the exact splitter I was looking at, a lot of videos were recommending it.

I have checked game compatability already, biggest disappointment so far is not being able to play P3P on the PSTV. Really would love to stream that game, but I guess only P4G would have to do. I can't think of any "big deal" Vita games that aren't usable on the PSTV, I think most of the ones I would use it for should work fine.

Woo!

Tizoc

Right so here's my planned purchases, and I'd like impressions on if they're worth it or not
Table Top Racing
Boss!
Twisted Metal 2
Daxter
WipEout 1 PSX
GTA PSP games

Also which is worth getting Jet Moto 1 or 2? I want a water jet ski racing game so bad @_@

SerTapTap

Right so here's my planned purchases, and I'd like impressions on if they're worth it or not
Daxter
WipEout 1 PSX

IMO, just play Wipeout HD or 2048. I couldn't get into the original after getting HD.

Daxter was okay I guess. I don't remember much but I beat it and don't think ill of it.

IMO, just play Wipeout HD or 2048. I couldn't get into the original after getting HD.

As much as I love the Wipeout series, I feel the same way. Wipeout HD and 2048 are all you would really need. Only benefit to having original Wipeout is for nostalgia, and even then I wouldn't do it myself.

Table Top Racing
Boss!
Twisted Metal 2
Daxter
WipEout 1 PSX
GTA PSP games

Also which is worth getting Jet Moto 1 or 2? I want a water jet ski racing game so bad @_@

Table Top Racing - Kinda boring. Get Jet Car Stunts or RC Motorstorm instead.
Boss! - 2D brawler. I found it boring but I find most 2D brawlers boring.
Daxter - This game is a blast. My favorite Jax and Daxter game that I have played.
GTA PSP games - Played Vice City. Once you get past the terrible forklift mission it is good despite being kinda rough.

sgtdecimal

Neo Member
I'm glad I bought that 64gb card! Also very happy I held out on Danganronpa.. Downloading when I get home from work. Will probably pick up a few more games too.

I am tempted to buy Danganronpa and Persona 4 at those prices despite not liking the genres and style of those games. I probably shouldn't because my probability of liking those games are about .01% and I would write my impressions here and then get VitaGAF shunned. I did that with The Walking Dead and it ate space on my Vita for about a year before I had to admit I don't like those games.

Khronico

Anyone having troubles connecting to PSN right now? I can't on my vita and it says there's maintenance going on.

Before this I was also getting an error every time I tried to download the games I just bought today -_-

Meneses

Anyone having troubles connecting to PSN right now? I can't on my vita and it says there's maintenance going on.

Before this I was also getting an error every time I tried to download the games I just bought today -_-

Same here.

I actually just tried to switch to my american account to grab some stuff from the sale but it says it's under maintenance.

I can't access the webstore either (US or EU).

I am tempted to buy Danganronpa and Persona 4 at those prices despite not liking the genres and style of those games. I probably shouldn't because my probability of liking those games are about .01% and I would write my impressions here and then get VitaGAF shunned. I did that with The Walking Dead and it ate space on my Vita for about a year before I had to admit I don't like those games.

Don't get them man. I'd much rather watch someone play a game I'm not into rather than actually paying for it and force my way into it. Just because they're great games doesn't mean you should force yourself to purchase them, buy games that you'll actually want and play, regardless of what ppl say.

Khronico

Same here.

I actually just tried to switch to my american account to grab some stuff from the sale but it says it's under maintenance.

I can't access the webstore either (US or EU).

Looks like the sale thread had some folks with that same issue too, glad it's not my vita acting up.

Top Bottom