• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

daydream

Banned
Does that Fat Princess game have IAP? If no, what's the purpose of that game? To advertise the PS4 game? Piece of Cake was out months on mobile months before that was out. Also, why give Vita owners the PS3 game? Wouldn't the PSP version, which they could actually play on the same device, be better?

It's F2P so you betcha. They mention it in the press release, as well.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
i heard good things about madoka battle pentagram so i have faith in them doing a good job.

Truthfully battle pentagram looks kinda low budget if you watch actual gameplay vids. Seeing the animations too furthers that. Really would not want to use that as the prime example of what they can do.
Attack animation video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SVLakYRVv8

Some gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q670LTHJNow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbmfPYZcUw#t=161
There is other stuff you can view from the related vids.

Heres the impression thread. Yasumi seemed to enjoy it for what it was though. I also plan on picking it up in the future, but not now currently way too much $$$ being spent this / next month... Σ( ̄ロ ̄lll) ガビーン
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=740068

Tapejara

I don't believe this is the real daydreaming. Rather it's daydreaming's evil twin brother Claus, posing as daydreaming in an attempt to steal an inheritance fund.

Well, I'm on to you Claus.

Redhood

Anyone know any place from where I can order One Piece world red or tales of hearts r for cheap with international shipping? Playasia/ebay(55$) has marked the prices for both the game up the wazoo!

Producer

Truthfully battle pentagram looks kinda low budget if you watch actual gameplay vids. Seeing the animations too furthers that. Really would not want to use that as the prime example of what they can do.
Attack animation video

thanks for the vids. The animations do look pretty cheap/basic, the core gamelay still looks to be pretty fun though.

Im sure the budget Bamco is putting in for Lost Song is much higher than this lol. But we need some solid gameplay footage already, the game is close to launch.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Everyone go get Brandish, you too jvm.
Wild.

So this happened.

I was eating lunch and thinking about the store update today. I realized that, except for a surprise item in any sales, there's nothing for me. Then I remembered the whole "you better not be insultin' my friend, Brandish!" stuff from the weekend and thought "hey, I could give that a try". So I put down my food, loaded up GAF and here is this post from Tizoc.

You guys.

Edit: This is the best they could do for cover art? After that zippy Japanese PSP cover? Boo.
vQsuqUc.jpg

RK128

Guys, there is going to be a PlayStation 20th Anniversary sale apparently :D. There is a banner of that on the Vita PSN store (ones for Fat Princess, Atelier, Joe Danger 2 and Brandish as well) but it doesn't work sadly :(.

Once the store fully updates, then the games on this sale should pop up :D.

Tizoc

I'm a bit hesitant on buying PSP games and have stopped buying PS3 games altogether at this point, but I might depending on GAF impressions.

Get it.
It's a Falcom game.
That means it'll be a kickass adventure of epic proportions. Falcom's games are the only ones these past few years that made me feel like a badass.

I want to buy Brandish, because Falcom and I always wanted to play the SNES version back in the day.

However, I wanted to wait until the 10% came through. Its a tough call for just $2 (well at least $4 because I would get REmake HD as well)...

Redhood

Guys, there is going to be a PlayStation 20th Anniversary sale apparently :D. There is a banner of that on the Vita PSN store (ones for Fat Princess, Atelier, Joe Danger 2 and Brandish as well) but it doesn't work sadly :(.

Once the store fully updates, then the games on this sale should pop up :D.

Wow! Hope R&C Vita is on sale too. :p

Tizoc

I want to buy Brandish, because Falcom and I always wanted to play the SNES version back in the day.

However, I wanted to wait until the 10% came through. Its a tough call for just $2 (well at least $4 because I would get REmake HD as well)...

This ver. of the game is far superior than the SNES ver.

For those of you erroneously placing responsibility for the above poster's ban on Aeana, let me be clear - it was my call.
Feel free to direct your PMs to me if you want to engage in further discussion on the matter.

Carry on.

lol... Saw that coming.
Everyone go get Brandish, you too jvm.
dude yes
duuuude yeeeees

antibolo

Banned
I love how they artificially padded the list by including PS1 and PSP games in multiple tables. Stay classy, SCEA.

YS OATH IN FELGHANA IS ON SALE, GO BUY THE MOST BADASS PSP GAME YOU NEVER PLAYED BEFORE!

Is it significantly better than Memories of Celceta?

Producer

PS Vita native titles on sale kinda blows

But Ys Oath in Felghana though. Everyone needs to get that

and Trails FC

and Brandish even though its not on sale

RK128

My god, this sale is amazing XD!

Just off the top of my head, the following is on sale:
-LBP Vita - 7.20
-Lumines Vita - 10.80
-Ratchet Collection Vita - 12.00
-Resistance PSP - 6.00
-Tearaway - 14.40
-Daxter - 3.99
-Danganronpa 1 - 19.99
-The PS1 Final Fantasy's (7-9) - 4.99
-The GTA PSP games (Chinatown Wars and Vice City Stories) - 5.00
-Jet Moto 1 and 2 - 2.40
-LocoRoco - 5.55
-Twisted Metal 2 - 2.40
-Okami HD - 6.99
-Jak Collection PS3 - 8.00
-Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - 2.40
-Ys The Oath in Felghana - 6.00

.......One of the best PSN sales in ages man XD! Gotta see about some trade-ins to get some of these games (LBP Vita and the PS1/PSP games are mine man :D!)

nampad

Talked to corrosivefrost, he won't be coming back :(

About sales, do we know if in EU there will be a third part of the January sale?

I asked that myself some time ago and I looked up the initial blog post for part 1. They mentioned that they would add new games on a certain date (part 2).
I guess that means there is no part 3 or else they would have also mentioned that.

Hope the 10% code comes soon. Grim Fandango, Brandish, Phantom Breaker and Senran Kagura for me then.

Tizoc

Gonna grab
Daxter
Twisted Metal 2

Is Wipeout 1 worth it?

Is it significantly better than Memories of Celceta?

I've yet to finish Celceta, but atm OiF is my #1 fav. Ys game, it got me into the series. Looks good on Vita and dat OST is godly.

I made a recommendations post in the sales thread, so check it out for some suggestions.

Khronico

Getting:

Jet Moto 2
SF Alpha 3 Max
Tactics Ogre

Should I get Chrono Trigger for playing on my Vita? I know the load times are pretty nasty but I'd love to finally play it (never done so before).

Also may get Trails in the Sky but may just wait and get the Steam version.

I wish Ys 7 was on sale too =/

Top Bottom