• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

crinale

Been reconsidering getting this since an Infinity version seems pretty likely. No online multiplayer either so there's no time-sensitive element that makes it necessary to get at launch.

Well you can try the demo coming out that supposedly carry over to the actual game.
I'll try the final demo before deciding too.

ZeroAKA

What game is this!
Wut.
http://www.4gamer.net/games/232/G023268/20141104055/

I never knew that PSNova has build-your-own-base-camp factor.
4Gamer said:
022.jpg

SerTapTap

I have nothing against these sort of games, but jesus..
keeping it classy, Japan!

Thank goodness I wasn't out in public while checking on the mail this morning. x.x

Is that from the PSN newsletter thing? I noticed the Japanese one has...certain types of games in it

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Truthfully my main concern with the game is the enviros that have been shown off so far all literally look like shit.

Which also includes the demo.

Huge problem considering you will be staring at it most of the time considering its an ARPG.

Still will be picking it up along with the LE Vita and Vita TV. Though might consider selling off the Vita TV, since think am too late to be locked in for the pre-order. Would use that money instead to buy that odd Vita TV frankensteins monster. Though am concerned with button build quality. Wonder if anyplace in Akiba will have a model available to look at so I can get a closer inspection of the build quality of the unit itself.

ecurbj

Wish it was on the back of the box. Hate boxart cruft

They do have the little description box on the back next to all the rest of the little description boxes telling you it's PS TV compatible.

From a marketing stand point I can see why Sony would want the "Compatible with Playstation TV" moniker on the front box art to raise awareness of the Playstation TV. So it makes sense but from collector's point of view, it's all over the place on the box art.

autoduelist

It's hard to explain but a good example can be seen when you move Issac across an empty room or when you're firing tears across an empty room. If you're experiencing the stutter I am, then they will seem to slightly skip as they move.

It's much more prominent in the caves and late game when you have familiars and all sorts of effects on you but it's happening to me even in Basement 1-1. As I said earlier though, I likely wouldn't have noticed them if I hadn't spent some time with the PC version first, which does not seem to have this issue.

So I just spent around 5 minutes specifically looking for this (some early, some late game). I'm not seeing it. Like, at all. So either my brain/eyes autocorrect for whatever you mean by 'microstutters' (which is possible, I suppose) or it's not happening on mine (also possible).

I'm on an OLED, are you? I can't imagine screen difference mattering, but perhaps it does somehow since if I recall correctly the OLED is better at motion (no ghosting, etc)?

Hm, yeah, Vita version of Binding of Isaac Rebirth has almost immediately noticeable performance issues. That's a shame.

If they're going to put it on 3DS they damn well better make sure it runs right on Vita...

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Some people reporting no issues other than rare slowdown, others seeing 'immediate' issues. I'm glad I'm the no issues camp, because I love this game.

That said, based on the puddle slowdown against some bosses, I can't imagine this running on a 3DS. I do hope they are able to fix the puddle issue on vita, though it doesn't actually effect me in actual gameplay.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That said, based on the puddle slowdown against some bosses, I can't imagine this running on a 3DS. I do hope they are able to fix the puddle issue on vita, though it doesn't actually effect me in actual gameplay.

You mean slowdown when fighting bosses who leave puddles/trails behind when they move and such? 'Cause yeah, if you have the item that makes Isaac leave trails of sticky stuff (forget the name) and the Headless Baby (which leaves trails of blood) at the same time, the framerate on the Vita goes to shiiiiiit. It doesn't make it unplayable, but it's very, very noticeable.

And it's a shame 'cause it's a really, really effective combo.

Renpatsu

There's the expected slowdown when in larger rooms with lots of moving elements and lighting effects, but nothing so egregious that it makes the actual gameplay unplayable.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Anyone else notice there seem to be ZERO Vita deals for Black Friday? Games or systems.

I'd have at least thought Walmart would have wanted to clear out some of those mountains of copies of Toukiden they've got.

nampad

Anyone else notice there seem to be ZERO Vita deals for Black Friday? Games or systems.

I'd have at least thought Walmart would have wanted to clear out some of those mountains of copies of Toukiden they've got.

There weren't any last year, too.
I think that is quite a catastrophe, not to have any good deal lined up for the biggest shopping event but SCEA is probably cares the least of the Sony divisions anyway.

Takao

Banned

SCEA doesn't care so there's no initiative from them to do promotions. There isn't enough stock on store shelves for retailers to want to blow it out either.

antibolo

Banned

What deals could they possibly offer? They barely stock anything Vita-related anymore, including the console itself.

SerTapTap

The BOI Rebirth slowdown isn't unplayable, but I was noticing it within seconds (in empty rooms) of loading my first run. Not sure if it's inconsistent or what, but it was definitely there.There'd be multiple points per room where your character model would jump, say, two pixels per frame instead of otherwise very consistently moving one per frame (quantities are made up),it's pretty noticeable.

Tizoc

Nope. :(
Sonic Rivals for PSP is all we'll get.

I'll need to ask the Sonic Community guys if Rivals 1 or 2 are worth it.
If the SEGA Genesis Collection goes on sale i'll get that.

Will go look for a copy of Rayman Origins Vita tomorrow, that beauty is taking up 1 GB on my OLED and I could use the extra space.

:( No Vita...At least I got Tales Of Hearts R.
VlNe3E5.gif
Yeah I want a native Vita Sonic game. :(
I'll need to ask the Sonic Community guys if Rivals 1 or 2 are worth it.
If the SEGA Genesis Collection goes on sale i'll get that.

Will go look for a copy of Rayman Origins Vita tomorrow, that beauty is taking up 1 GB on my OLED and I could use the extra space.
Would suck if the Rivals games don't even go on sale. :/

v1perz53

Man all I want as far as black friday deals is a good deal on a PS3. I have so many PS3 games at this point that I would love another system to leave at my parents' house, but I have yet to see a sub $200 one, with the useless 12 GB version still selling for $220+. And I would much prefer to buy new to ensure it lasts as long as possible.

cwistofu

Damn, so close with the Sonic sale. I was hoping for a general Sega sale where they put Valkyria Chronicles 2 on discount to commemorate the launch of VC1 on Steam.

Tizoc

EDIT: Sonic Rivals games have Plus discounts, so they're under $3 each for Plus members.

The racing games.

My reply was mainly to seeing the digital silver images b4 he updated with the Sonic games sale =P

Damn, so close with the Sonic sale. I was hoping for a general Sega sale where they put Valkyria Chronicles 2 on discount to commemorate the launch of VC1 on Steam.

FYI, VC2 is not directly available on the Vita; you gotta dl it to PS3 then transf. to Vita.
If it were downloadable to Vita normally...

Sonic the Hedgehog $2.49 ($1.99 w/Plus)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 $2.49 ($1.99 w/Plus)
Sonic CD $2.49 ($1.99 w/Plus)
Sonic Adventure $2.49 ($1.99 w/Plus)
Sonic: The Fighters $2.49 ($1.99 w/Plus)

Sonic Rivals $3.49 ($2.79 w/Plus)
Sonic Rivals 2 $3.49 ($2.79 w/Plus)

Sonic the Hedgehog 4: EP 1 $4.99 ($3.99 w/Plus)
Episode 2 $7.49 ($5.99 w/Plus)
Sonic Adventure 2 $4.99 ($3.99 w/Plus)
Sonic Unleashed $9.99 ($7.99 w/Plus)
Sonic Generations $14.99 ($11.99 w/Plus)
SASRT PS3 $14.99 ($11.99 w/Plus)
SASRT PSV $14.99 ($11.99 w/Plus)

maouvin

Imported a not-so-cheap screen protector for my Vita 2000 some time ago, it took almost 2 months to arrive, I messed up while applying and to the trash it went.

Then I imported a pack with 10 effin cheap protectors so I could do it wrong up to nine times, got it right right on the first try and now have 9 screen+backtouch protectors staring at me, certainly laughing on the inside.
BR VitaGAF, remind me to handle you some when we manage to meet up.

edit: damn, this video on the store got me excited when checking the "new this week" thing and then crushed my dreams.

Top Bottom