• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Benedict

How I wish we could see Vita, PS3, PSP and PsOne games on PS4...
but then I guess Sony thinks that their service Play Now would be suffering.

edit:
TOTP

Four great "Just another go..." games on Vita:

Spelunky
Rogue Legacy
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Don't Die Mr. Robot!

v1perz53

What's this $30 Tales of Hearts R season pass that is showing up on the store? Can't find any info about it at all besides the crappy store description, and that description certainly doesn't seem like $30 worth of stuff. Is it just access to all the other tons of cosmetic DLC stuff and gald and whatnot?

Don't Die Mr. Robot!

I thought I was the only one who is playing this great game!

Don't buy Narco Terror even when cheap. Terrible game that had a bug so I couldn't even finish.

The only good game in the sales, that is really cheap, is Sonic Transformed that might be one of the best Kart racers ever. Dead Island is OK but it gets boring after 3 or 4 hours.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I thought I was the only one who is playing this great game!

Don't buy Narco Terror even when cheap. Terrible game that had a bug so I couldn't even finish.

The only good game in the sales, that is really cheap, is Sonic Transformed that might be one of the best Kart racers ever. Dead Island is OK but it gets boring after 3 or 4 hours.
Sonic Transformed is THE best kart racer ever. And I say that as a massive CTR fanboy.

nampad

Just played one of the worst games on the Vita for quite a while, The Hungry Horde.
There is so much wrong with this game, I couldn't even bare to finish the first level. It starts with one of the worst tutorials ever. The tooltips are shown way too short and there placing doesn't make any sense. Oh, you are showing me how to sprint (though I couldn't read it), do I need to sprint smash this first door? No, I actually don't, you just show you useless shit to confuse me but hey, how about I figure out the right way while you keep the camera super close.
After all, that is all there is. Finding the right way, or more correctly, memorizing the right way or else you won't make it. The 2 mini games I played were uninspiring and the camera controls bad when splitting the horde.

Probably the worst thing about this game is though, that Sony publishes it, which means they probably put some money into it.
If I had to say something good about it, then the game seemed to have no technical issues in the short time I played it.

3/10

Sonic Transformed is THE best kart racer ever. And I say that as a massive CTR fanboy.

Not big fan of the Sonic kart racers. Don't like the style and don't get why people are hyping it up so much.

autoduelist

The BOI Rebirth slowdown isn't unplayable, but I was noticing it within seconds (in empty rooms) of loading my first run. Not sure if it's inconsistent or what, but it was definitely there.There'd be multiple points per room where your character model would jump, say, two pixels per frame instead of otherwise very consistently moving one per frame (quantities are made up),it's pretty noticeable.

Interesting. Both you and Omega are talking about issues in empty rooms. I... just can't see this. I've also shown my wife, who isn't much of a gamer, but didn't see anything 'off' about the display even after describing what she should be looking for. Isaac and bullets both look fluid and consistent.

I'm still curious -- are you guys on the newer vita? I'm on OLED. It's one of the only things I can come up with as to why some would see such a significant issue while others don't.

How I wish we could see Vita, PS3, PSP and PsOne games on PS4...
but then I guess Sony thinks that their service Play Now would be suffering.

edit:
TOTP

Four great "Just another go..." games on Vita:

Spelunky
Rogue Legacy
The Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Don't Die Mr. Robot!

I think we'll see classics on PS4 within 3-6 months.

Adding to your list, TxK, Zen and/or Pinball Arcade, and Super Stardust Delta are all great 1 more time games.

SerTapTap

Interesting. Both you and Omega are talking about issues in empty rooms. I... just can't see this. I've also shown my wife, who isn't much of a gamer, but didn't see anything 'off' about the display even after describing what she should be looking for. Isaac and bullets both look fluid and consistent.

I'm still curious -- are you guys on the newer vita? I'm on OLED. It's one of the only things I can come up with as to why some would see such a significant issue while others don't.

I'm on OLED. I wonder if it only shows up at certain walk speeds or something. I was playing Eve. I'll fiddle with it later to see how consistent it is, but at the moment I prefer the feel of Vita remoteplaying the PS4 to Vita native unfortunately.

Just played one of the worst games on the Vita for quite a while, The Hungry Horde.

I didn't find it that bad but I wouldn't recommend anybody paying for it. It was an interesting concept. You had to play it for a while to understand a lot of it because the tutorial was terrible.

Certainly not as bad as this:

Get Off My Lawn - Vita

This free to play game isn't worth the download for even a second. It was 530MB of who knows what because there isn't much to this game. It is basically a vertical shooter that despite using only left and right into 6 slots controls terribly. Has the typical Vita Unity engine bloat and loading but there isn't anything here that it could possibly be doing. It is so boring a 5 year old could do it for the first 15 minutes until it ramps up. None of the enemies were interesting or anything about this game was interesting. The game's graphics even look sad. Oh I wanted to see how much to buy stuff was and the store was broken. To think I erased good games to fit this crap on my 16GB stick and spent 20 minutes of my life playing this game. Seriously fuck this game.

0/10

m72olw6.jpg

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Isnt the generations port piss poor though?
The port of Sonic 1? Wouldn't know. I never touched it. It was just kind of there. I've played the game to death too many times to bother with he one in Generations.

Not big fan of the Sonic kart racers. Don't like the style and don't get why people are hyping it up so much.
I think what makes the Sonic racers so good is the fact that if you took out the items the game would still be great. The items complement the experience, they don't define it. In a lot of ways it's more of a traditional arcade racer than a kart racer. You'll either like that or you wont. I think that mechanically it blows all other kart racers out of the water. Amazing sense of speed, the best drifting and boosting system, best trick system and offers the best variety of gameplay. The track design is also leagues ahead I think, and if you're a Sega fan then there's tons of fanservice too. It offers a FAR superior single player experience as well. That's something Mario Kart is always horrible at. I feel MK is more of a party game but not fun at all solo. The items are probably less exciting at first glance but they're more balanced and as I sai they complement the experience instead of defining it.

SerTapTap

I got that RCR disk preordered too. Might not even open it, though it's a beautiful disk. Awesome that it's even possible for him to do that--I wonder if other indies could follow and just distribute online? Screw retail anyway.

Shizuka

Finally, finally found a copy of Shinovi Versus in one of the two online game stores I buy from, for a good price. I'm also downloading Bon Appetit as we speak. All is right, no more games for me this month.

Wow! Terraria is up for PS4. Anyone know what is in this "Limited Time Bundle"? Also is the added content just from the PC version or did they make new original content like in the original console releases?

Sarcasm

Someone explain to me why the download is out of 38GB when the total size is 44GB pls
B2Mkf4gIcAAffa5.jpg:large

Compression. Its like this on PC (steam etc) too.

Basically they compress to lower filesize so you can download less. Than when it installs, it is uncompressing.

Flandy

Compression. Its like this on PC (steam etc) too.

Basically they compress to lower filesize so you can download less. Than when it installs, it is uncompressing.

That's pretty cool. I thought it was maybe several GBs worth of patches or something, but I thought it seemed like too much.

Wow! Terraria is up for PS4. Anyone know what is in this "Limited Time Bundle"? Also is the added content just from the PC version or did they make new original content like in the original console releases?

So in case anyone was wondering like me, here are the details on this version of Terraria via Terraria.org;

Details on the Next Generation Console Launch

The Xbox One and PS4 editions will utilize the same "version" as the current Xbox 360 and PS3 editions. This is commonly referred to as the "1.2" update from earlier this year.
Pricing will differ by country and currency. To get the most accurate price, you will need to check with your local retailer. There is no discount for current owners of the PS3/360 version - however, for a limited time post-launch, we are bundling the PS VITA version in with the PS4 version for anyone purchasing the PS4 version!
New console content is planned for (very!) early next year, and more regularly thereafter. We appreciate and understand the frustrations the community have had with regards to the latency between PC and console updates, so whilst there will always be challenges in bringing that content to the console platforms we’ll be breaking updates down into more ‘bite-sized’ chunks in the future so we can deliver that more quickly from now on!

The description on the store also states this version is "HD". So it may look better, probably more zoomed out so it looks sharper.

nampad

I didn't find it that bad but I wouldn't recommend anybody paying for it. It was an interesting concept. You had to play it for a while to understand a lot of it because the tutorial was terrible.

Certainly not as bad as this:

Get Off My Lawn - Vita

This free to play game isn't worth the download for even a second. It was 530MB of who knows what because there isn't much to this game. It is basically a vertical shooter that despite using only left and right into 6 slots controls terribly. Has the typical Vita Unity engine bloat and loading but there isn't anything here that it could possibly be doing. It is so boring a 5 year old could do it for the first 15 minutes until it ramps up. None of the enemies were interesting or anything about this game was interesting. The game's graphics even look sad. Oh I wanted to see how much to buy stuff was and the store was broken. To think I erased good games to fit this crap on my 16GB stick and spent 20 minutes of my life playing this game. Seriously fuck this game.

0/10

m72olw6.jpg

The worst that I have played for quite a while ;)
Never even heard of this lawn game, must have been released when I stopped playing for a while.

Finished Advanced Warfare's campaign and I must say, it was really enjoyable. Now to finish Freedom Wars, should be done with the campaign soon... Then I have Dragon Age on the PS4 next week, and the week after, Persona Q on the 3DS. Pretty good schedule. I don't think I will be buying anything else this year on any of my consoles. These 2 will for sure have me busy for quite a while.

Top Bottom