• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

maouvin

Is it really that bad?

Well, while the huge map and being able to drive wherever you want are cool, the sense of speed is meh, there's definetely rubberbanding when being chased by cops, and the game has to load when you close the map. As in, a little "loading" sign shows on the map screen before it closes. Maybe it's because of its online nature, maybe because the map is huge, also beta, but damn.

I'll play safe and say that it's not necessarily bad, but I didn't fancy it. And that I miss Burnout.

deadfolk

Well, while the huge map and being able to drive wherever you want are cool, the sense of speed is meh, there's definetely rubberbanding when being chased by cops, and the game has to load when you close the map. As in, a little "loading" sign shows on the map screen before it closes. Maybe it's because of its online nature, maybe because the map is huge, also beta, but damn.

I'll play safe and say that it's not necessarily bad, but I didn't fancy it. And that I miss Burnout.

I quite enjoyed it. The exploration element is brilliant, but for the fact that it's filled with griefers who like nothing more than to repeatedly crash into you while you're trying to take in the sites of Vegas.

SerTapTap

You think that's bad? It happened to me today too, but I was fighting Mom's Heart.

Fuck. Thankfully I canceled out of the sign-in before I could lose too many hearts.

It does this to me in some games when I've used the "other" Vita (I have a PS TV and a vita), didn't realize it didn't pause the game. Wonder if you can use Home and log in through PS Store or something and skip the screen that way?

It slows down, but it's still very playable.

Ah, that's fine. Slowdown is annoying, but much preferable to dropped frames in anything requiring any sort of precision.

Bamco is delusional if they think that I'll buy this shell of a Digimon Rumble game for 60€.
Will buy at budget price, though.

I would if it was a physical limited version of Cyber Sleuth. Wonder if that will make it over here. This rumble game, if it is their way of testing waters, I'm sorry but I don't think it's the right way to go.

daydream

Banned
I would if it was a physical limited version of Cyber Sleuth. Wonder if that will make it over here. This rumble game, if it is their way of testing waters, I'm sorry but I don't think it's the right way to go.

Yeah, I'd be there day 1 for Cyber Sleuth.

I mean, I would also buy a Rumble game at full price if they had put some effort into it, starting with more Digimon, more arenas and an online mode.

nampad

Damn, I don't know why but the Tales hype got me.
#TeamShahid #JRPG

yay
B2GVU6pIEAA6_BG.jpg:large

There is no god :(
You just got your PS4 and I bought 2 at day 1 and registered for the beta right away!
Also, you are Flandy :p

SerTapTap

It's like they don't want the game to succeed. Thus giving them the excuse not to release other Digimon games outside of Japan.

I don't get how so many Japanese companies can consistently put out the worst possible "test" game and base localizations of much more desirable games on the performance of those games. Arksys, Squeen, everyone seems to think it's a brilliant plan lately.

OmegaZero

I have yet to see anything dissapointing with the port. I see the slowdowns, btw, but I have yet to see where the hell they make the game unplayable.

People on these forums complain too much (since it's an enthusiast forum, I guess). For them to make the game "perfect" they would need to remove effects. Then people would complain about that too..

I haven't heard anyone complain about the game being unplayable outside of one or two people stuck on the loading screen. I was just stating what issues I encountered and that I found them disappointing. The game does looks basically on par with the PC version outside of full screen filters and dynamic puddles that occur when enemies move or get hurt/killed.
For those still worried, I'll say that the performance is nowhere near "gamebreaking" but just that you shouldn't expect a smooth experience - especially if you have a sensitivity to framedrops and stutters.

MQX

Yeah, I'd be there day 1 for Cyber Sleuth.

I mean, I would also buy a Rumble game at full price if they had put some effort into it, starting with more Digimon, more arenas and an online mode.

-No DLC planned
Hey. This is actually something great. :D

-No online play
-No voiced cutscenes in Story Mode
Welp. Might buy this game when it's really cheap
and if this game doesn't have bugs/glitches :/

Korten

Banned
Not sure where else to post this, but Amazon be crazy yo and I am thinking of pre-ordering at least LBP3 on PSN...

Apparently according to customer service, they normally ship out games on release instead of before hand (wat?) and when
I told them that this was not the case they seemed to think at first that my last order was sort of an odd one out... Then they
apparently went away, checked with someone and said that no in fact this WAS strange that the game was shipping on
release (and therefore not delievered on release despite their guarantee.)

Now they want to contact me back when they figure this out...

Typically Amazon is fine but they seem to have lost their marbles since when I originally asked why they were shipping it
on release they could give no reason. :/

Typically I wouldn't be too angry getting a game a day later, but I have classes nearly all Wednesday, meaning I have
to deal with the package room possibly not scanning them in on time and me not able to get there while they're open
if they scan them in after I'm back in class... Whereas Tuesday I got most of the day free. :(

Hey. This is actually something great. :D

Welp. Might buy this game when it's really cheap
and if this game doesn't have bugs/glitches :/

It means they don't intend to further support a game taht seems to be lacking in content. Not exactly a positive.

Takao

Banned
My 64GB card arrived today, didn't have to pay any additional Fedex fees and it worked just when I popped it into my Vita (I was afraid my Vita's memory reader died and not just the card). Only issue is that CMA doesn't want to work, but I'll get that going.

My 64GB card arrived today, didn't have to pay any additional Fedex fees and it worked just when I popped it into my Vita (I was afraid my Vita's memory reader died and not just the card). Only issue is that CMA doesn't want to work, but I'll get that going.

Have there been reports of the reader itself dying before?

I really hope we see Banner Saga on Vita, touch controls on iOS were cool.

This is high on my list of indies I would like on vita.

MQX

It means they don't intend to further support a game taht seems to be lacking in content. Not exactly a positive.

On the one hand, you're right. But on the other hand, would you really want to have a on-disc DLC or characters DLC's that has a high price(or a complete edition that will be released next year)?

That the game doesn't have online play + no voiced cutscenes shows already that BN doesn't want to support the game (that much) :/.

This might be posted already, but now you've (bought and) received your 64 GB card ;P:

u68LjR9.gif

SerTapTap

I literally just saw it on SirTapTap's Twitter. That's adorable.

Crap, I was going to hold out till Boxing Day sales, but now I'm tempted to get the game at launch.

Where do you think I found it? Heh

It's got one of the least offensive preorder incentives I've seen (you basically get a free DLC costume pack that is 100% cosmetic and available normally for pay too--some of them are actually older LBP costumes, since DLC is cross compatible). I went and preordered from Amazon myself, they have the PS game related costume set

autoduelist

Well coming off of the PC version, there are little micro stutters everywhere, even in empty rooms. This becomes more prominent in large areas with lots of enemies. Noticeable framerate drops occur when items that create puddles are used, or when bosses use attacks that create the same effect. When both of the above conditions happen at the same time, the framerate can nosedive to around 20fps.

It's still playable but disappointing when they promised "60fps 24/7" for both versions.
I'm greatly enjoying Issac at work despite said issues.

EDIT: For more clarification, I should probably mention that maybe 80% of the framedrops I've experienced only lasted about 2-3 seconds, but my main issue is with the major drops and the micro stutters. It's just something I'll get used to unless they patch it. If I hadn't played the PC version for hours before starting up the Vita version, I probably wouldn't have noticed the above as much.

I haven't seen any of these 'micro stutters' you're talking about. I mean, maybe I'm blind, but I seriously haven't. You are correct that the main cause of slowdown seems to be massive puddle effects (like if you have twin boss spider monsters), but again, I've really only had an issue with that in rare boss battles, and usually only if I'm pushing out lots of bullets/familiars too. The slowdowns have never hurt my game, if anything, they make it easier.

Would have been far worse if they stripped out elements of the game to get it flawless 60fps imo. Hopefully they can tweak it a bit on Vita - maybe there's actually some way to optimize the puddle effect or whatever.

Wait, does it slow down or drop frames? I think I could handle slowdown fine (I play plenty of arcade shmups with it) but dropped frames and I'd freak out

Slowdown. It's extremely playable imo. It's very much like a schmup slowdown in rare circumstances when too much is going on.

OmegaZero

I haven't seen any of these 'micro stutters' you're talking about. I mean, maybe I'm blind, but I seriously haven't.

It's hard to explain but a good example can be seen when you move Issac across an empty room or when you're firing tears across an empty room. If you're experiencing the stutter I am, then they will seem to slightly skip as they move.

It's much more prominent in the caves and late game when you have familiars and all sorts of effects on you but it's happening to me even in Basement 1-1. As I said earlier though, I likely wouldn't have noticed them if I hadn't spent some time with the PC version first, which does not seem to have this issue.

It's something that I personally find disappointing, but I wouldn't worry too much about it as the majority of people playing BOI Vita won't notice it or care. A bigger issue that I've come across is that the game is noticeably darker than the PC version, to the point where visibility suffers.

EDIT: Also, I should clarify for Sir Tap Tap that I've only seen it actually drop frames a few times (which I've described in the above 20fps remark). The other instances of slowdown weren't frame-related, and I should probably have not called them "frame-drops".
Actually, I'll edit it out to avoid misunderstandings.

Ponn

Banned
So I bought Lego Marvel for PS3 when it was on sale last time. I bought Lego Marvel Vita because why the hell not $5. Should I go ahead and just buy Lego Marvel PS4 for $8 so I have it for PS4? Is it that much better looking than the PS3 version? I didn't complete all the side quests and stuff on the PS3 version.

nononono, why can't cma see my backup nononono

I've been saying this a while, but the full backup function on Vita is bugged and churns out a corrupt file almost as often as it churns out a usable one.

It's why I backup individual games instead (plus it's faster).

SerTapTap

I've been saying this a while, but the full backup function on Vita is bugged and churns out a corrupt file almost as often as it churns out a usable one.

YeahI stopped using the full backup the moment I realized I could copy individual games and it's more powerful anyway as I can move individual games back and forth.

Shizuka

I can help with that if you really need.
do you have to buy alot of import fees?

Import fees are 60% of the total (product + shipping). Since the game is $50, shipping would be $80 + $48 (60% from the total), you can guess why it's a pain in the ass trying to make the math go well.

Takao

Banned

I know this one worked. It's from the summer when I decided to switch my Vita to a Japanese account for a few days. After I was done playing PuyoPuyo Tetris's demo and being confused at MHF-G, I used that file to get back to my Canadian stuff.

Top Bottom