• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

SerTapTap

Dreamcast always seemed like a semi-attainable one to me too, but that was when I still had about 30 really good DC games from when the system was actually around, and nothing had gotten collectible yet.

I don't do rounds at department stores every payday like I did in my early 20's, to catch things on clearance, and never trawl for used games anywhere anymore either. I feel like we're in a different era, so when Vita is on it's death rattle, remaining stock will skip the "no one cares" RIP bomba period (like when I was able to get Snatcher for $6 in 1997), and go straight to inflated-for-no-reason ebay prices... brick and mortar shops know to reference that for pricing instead of not knowing what they have.

Probably, yeah. The hardware pretty much already skipped the bomba (there was a brief period where they were clearing out OLEDs...I shoulda got a backup then). Most stuff doesn't go below $20 for physical (even the crap). I never look at physical clearances...guess I should. I got the collection bug AFTER all the generations of my youth stopped being readily available in used game stores.

Binding of Issac Rebirth Vita looks nice, but the performance is disappointing compared to the PC version and what Vita gamers were promised. :/

Dang, that sucks. I haven't gotten to play it yet due to the crossave issues. Hopefully they improve it. Vita ports are always a crapshoot. For every Hohokum there's a Counterspy.

Infamous Second Son question
Why are Delsin and Fetch like best friends like the mission after I take her powers? Am to assume they became besties off screen or something? >__> It's weird how friendly they are with eachother on the mission

It's a bit weird, but (First light/Second Son spoilers)
Fetch has issues due to her brother as I'm sure you noticed, and seems to require someone to cling to. I guess Delsin fills that role okay...but yeah still pretty abrupt.

What performance issues? All I've been playing on is Vita and I don't seem to be having any problems or noticing anything that should annoy me.

incpdo

I never played Binding of Isaac. Just bought it, hoping is a good game. I understand there is some performance issues , but i also understand this doesnt ruin your experience.

Regarding art:

Any game could be art, as long as connects the player with the message of the artist, even when the player is the artist. As long as you feel something , some connection , some enjoyment , it is Art. then there is good or bad design, which depends on personal preferences.
To me for example , as a personal opinion , I think Elemental Gearbolt(PSOne) is art, to others the game is a short lenght crappy rail shooter.
But to me it is a unique experience with excelent music and some magical eerie atmosphere. I love that game , and i consider it Art.

Tapejara

No Vita exclusives have made my GOTY list yet. Rogue Legacy is on there, but I bounced around between the Vita and PS4 versions quite a bit. Currently, my PlayStation GOTY list
if Titanfall and Civ were on PlayStation, they'd go here as well
looks like this:

1) Rogue Legacy (Vita, PS4)
2) Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PS4)
3) Drakengard 3 (PS3)
4) 1001 Spikes (Vita, PS4)
5) Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita)
6) Steamworld Dig (Vita)
7) Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (PS4)

I have a list of games I want to finish before I finalize my list:

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, The Evil Within, Wolfenstein: The New Order,
Captain Toad
, Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus and Freedom Wars.

Xenoflare

I have both Warriors Orochi 3 U and Samurai Warriors 4 Vita.
In terms of performance and port quality overall, Samurai Warriors is a vast improvement on Orochi 3U where the Vita is concerned. More enemies are on screen at one time, but the framerate is smoother overall despite this. No sound issues have occurred throughout my playthrough of the various story modes and ect, and the sounds themselves are of decent quality too. The effects are better too although they are rendered at a lower resolution with no AA (similar to Injustice Gods Among Us Vita if you've seen that).

Overall a much better port but there is a lack of content in comparison to Warriors Orochi 3U (two main modes: story and chronicle) and getting good weapons is much more reliant on the RNG gods.

EDIT: Ah, I see what you mean now. Yeah, I've experienced that in Orochi 3U but haven't replicated that on Samurai Warriors 4 yet.

Thanks, I'll probably bite in the future then.

I planned on getting it for PS3, but since I found a copy of Xtreme Legend PS3 (thought it was complete) and I ended up buying DW8 on digital because KOEI is still doing this PS2 backwards stuff, so my PS3 is having space issues, plus I play my Vita a lot more as of late. Might as well get it on there.

Hey everyone, not sure if right thread but it's worth a try.

So I am really new to my Vita and still get confused with stuff like Cross Save with my ps3. I just booted up Hotline Miami on my ps3 for the first time in a while (been playing a lot on my Vita) and, like an idiot, clicked Sync Save Data without having first clicked it on my Vita. I was hoping it would just instantly sync with my Vita save file but that was not the case. How do I transfer/sync the save file off of my Vita to my ps3 at this point? If I click Sync Save Data on my vita, will I lose all the progress I've made from being replaced by the ps3 file?

I am confusing myself just trying to word it. And I just got the Two Birds With One Stone achievement during this little bit of playtime so it would be awesome if there was a way to essentially "fuse" the two save files, but I'm guessing that is impossible. Any help is appreciated

That shouldn't be the case. To be absolutley sure, I would recommend to make a back-up. Either by uploading your save file to the PS+ cloud or by copying it to a pc. But if you sync your savefile on the Vita, you should be fine.
The achievement isn't lost either, just synchronize your trophies on PS3.

MQX

Ouch, MQX put quote tags around that picture to make it smaller, my phone literally stopped working for a good second there LOL.

Sorry :/
I've put the
tags now ;P.

Oh My....?

original.jpg

autoduelist

What performance issues? All I've been playing on is Vita and I don't seem to be having any problems or noticing anything that should annoy me.

Agreed. I've been playing it practically nonstop since release, and there are no significant 'performance issues' that I'd say would need be worried about.

There is slowdown in extremely rare, specific circumstances (I've only seen in in a few boss fights when I have powerups that give me a bazillion bullets and the boss is doing something similar, or fills the screen with some sort of effect) but it's perfectly fine outside of those boss fights or if I have anything resembling a more 'normal' build that isn't pure bullet frenzy. And to be clear, this is after I've gotten many powerups that make my character spew crazy on the screen. In most games that I've won, I've never seen any slowdown.

Even when there is slowdown, it feels like 'smooth' slowdown... that is, it's not glitchy and jumpy, still fluid but just a little slower. If anything it helps during those rare bullet hell battles. I'm willing to bet my laptop would perform worse.

Certainly nothing that should give anyone pause about playing it on vita. It's fantastic.

OmegaZero

Well coming off of the PC version, there are little micro stutters everywhere, even in empty rooms. This becomes more prominent in large areas with lots of enemies. Noticeable slowdown drops occur when items that create puddles are used, or when bosses use attacks that create the same effect. When both of the above conditions happen at the same time, the framerate can nosedive to around 20fps.

It's still playable but disappointing when they promised "60fps 24/7" for both versions.
I'm greatly enjoying Issac at work despite said issues.

EDIT: For more clarification, I should probably mention that maybe 80% of the framedrops I've experienced only lasted about 2-3 seconds, but my main issue is with the major drops and the micro stutters. It's just something I'll get used to unless they patch it. If I hadn't played the PC version for hours before starting up the Vita version, I probably wouldn't have noticed the above as much.

Mikeside

I've been a massive idiot and have bought GTA V for PS3 on PSN instead of buying the PS4 pre-order.

What's the likelihood Sony will refund me the game so I can re-order?

Sarcasm

Oh that is right I need to figure out how to add money to PSN. I never done it before..well in the states via gift codes.

But I live in Taiwan now.

deadfolk

I've been a massive idiot and have bought GTA V for PS3 on PSN instead of buying the PS4 pre-order.

What's the likelihood Sony will refund me the game so I can re-order?

If you haven't downloaded it, I would imagine your chances are pretty good. The sooner you contact them, the better.

Mikeside

If you haven't downloaded it, I would imagine your chances are pretty good. The sooner you contact them, the better.

So, I've contacted livechat & they said:

Let me tell you that According to the PlayStation Network User Agreement all sales made on the PlayStation Network are final. However, I already submitted your request for review so that our Network Team can look at your specific situation due to the circumstances. Here is the case number: xxxxxxxx. The resolution take 3-5 business day and you will be notified through your email, if it's complete and the funds will be returned to your PSN wallet.

So hopefully they'll refund me.
Going to call phone support just to cover my bases.

baconcow

Regarding Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, on Vita:

There are performance issues and happen in all of my runs. Usually due to the larger rooms or a lot of stuff going on. Not major, but a very noticable departure from 60fps. It doesnt appear to break or damage gameplay.

SerTapTap

There are performance issues and happen in all of my runs. Usually due to the larger rooms or ablot of stuff going on. Not major, but a very noticable departure from 60fps. It doesnt appear to break or damage gameplay.

That's a shame. PS4 version is flawless performance-wise. Wonder if they'll patch

I actually did get my first slowdown hit this morning, even though I've put in probably 25 hours since release. Was in a large room filled with those diglet things that fire four encircling projectiles, while using that slow moving, short range brown tear (that I hate)... was at a crawl and I was already annoyed from being stuck with that tear for awhile.

It's weird, since I've had way more going on with a lot fancier weaponry in rooms just a large, with double bosses thrown in with their own projectile sets with zero problems. I blame the brown tear... it looks like shit, acts like shit, and causes shit.

None of this is going to put me off the game, though.

Maedhros

Binding of Issac Rebirth Vita looks nice, but the performance is disappointing compared to the PC version and what Vita gamers were promised. :/

I have yet to see anything dissapointing with the port. I see the slowdowns, btw, but I have yet to see where the hell they make the game unplayable.

People on these forums complain too much (since it's an enthusiast forum, I guess). For them to make the game "perfect" they would need to remove effects. Then people would complain about that too.

There are performance issues and happen in all of my runs. Usually due to the larger rooms or ablot of stuff going on. Not major, but a very noticable departure from 60fps. It doesnt appear to break or damage gameplay.

And THAT'S the important part. You can still play the game, you can still dodge bullets, you can still think and make out of the situation. I don't understand how some people say that the game is unplayable. The slowdowns are due to the game not being well optmized for the platform (because there almost no downgrades on this version or because the Vita isn't simply not potent enough - in before people talks about Killzone:Mercenary, a multi-million dollars game), but nothing that break the game or make it unplayable.

Mikeside

Chatted to a guy on the support line & he confirmed I'll be getting a refund but will have to wait 3-5 days for it to be processed.

I really hope he's correct. No reason to think otherwise so I'm a happy camper for now.

SerTapTap

And THAT'S the important part. You can still play the game, you can still dodge bullets, you can still think and make out of the situation. I don't understand how some people say that the game is unplayable. The slowdowns are due to the game not being well optmized for the platform (because there almost no downgrades on this version or because the Vita isn't simply not potent enough - in before people talks about Killzone:Mercenary, a multi-million dollars game), but nothing that break the game or make it unplayable.

Wait, does it slow down or drop frames? I think I could handle slowdown fine (I play plenty of arcade shmups with it) but dropped frames and I'd freak out

Benedict

I had a problem with Isaac today that it suddenly wanted to connect to PSN, resulting in the usual blue screen, but the game didn't pause..
It kept playing in the background making me lose a couple of hearts.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I had a problem with Isaac today that it suddenly wanted to connect to PSN, resulting in the usual blue screen, but the game didn't pause..
It kept playing in the background making me lose a couple of hearts.

You think that's bad? It happened to me today too, but I was fighting Mom's Heart.

Fuck. Thankfully I canceled out of the sign-in before I could lose too many hearts.

Top Bottom