• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

autoduelist

Thank you shizuka. My gear was absolutely the issue. both the gazer and my assassin were doing like 50% of their max dps. Also I think I got RNGed hardcore the first few times.

**Playing this game makes me want EO on vita, as well as a Stranger of Sword City localization.

Demon Gaze reawoke my love for drpgs too. I mean, it never really went away, but I just haven't had any lately. I ended up buying a large pile of older Wizardry games to replay or play on my pc, though I never play my PC games.

I can make a huge list, if you want.

I wouldn't mind that list.
I own Elminage Original, Class of Heroes 1/2, and Demon Gaze on my vita.

I own a 3ds (along with my only game, the ds Shiren) though there truly isn't much that can make me put down my vita for the 3ds, unless the game is dirt cheap.

Ring Run Circus - Vita

I really wanted to like this game. It has beautiful children's book art and I love puzzle platformers. The problem is it isn't really a puzzle platfomer in that it isn't hard to figure out what you need to do, it is trying to get the timing of everything to be successful. You basically auto run and go in and out of the rings to move to the next ring. Getting the timing down proved to be frustrating really quickly. The frustration coupled with super annoying music made me want to smash my Vita. Somebody will probably like this very unique game but I do not.

6/10

fx1Xm3T.jpg

More RPGs via classics is always welcome. Something makes me think that the PS2 library on PSN is going to be ridiculously slow even compared to PSX games, though. Such a bummer.

nampad

Argh, Rogue Legacy is really digital crack. Wanted to go to sleep because I have to see a doctor in 4 hours but I had to check the game out.

v1perz53

This thread is dead after its move to community, not neat.

Yea, really bums me out. Lots of people complained about random questions getting swallowed and overlooked with all the posting, but there was at least always active discussion going on. Now questions go unanswered and there is no discussion either. Kind of hyperbole but you get the idea, the move was purely a net negative.

I can make a huge list, if you want.

Another in the "please do make a list and post it here" camp. Demon Gaze was in my top 3 Vita games I have played this past year easily. Pretty much anything already out or upcoming on Vita that is similar to Demon Gaze would be on my radar.

wilflare

the mods should really pin an announcement in Gaming to highlight the threads moved and tell everyone how to use Subscriptions.

Nah, it would still be slowed, since we still get visits from members (and non-members) who only see it on the main page. If the monthly threads weren't in Gaming, I probably won't have joined NeoGAF.

On the other hand, Vanillaware has finally managed to get the whole rating BS settled and will now released the 4th Oboro Muramasa DLC in Japan without changing any content.

Releases 20th Nov.

Also, the PSN sale on the game is "officially" extended to 4th December.

TUSR

Banned
Nah, it would still be slowed, since we still get visits from members (and non-members) who only see it on the main page. If the monthly threads weren't in Gaming, I probably won't have joined NeoGAF.

On the other hand, Vanillaware has finally managed to get the whole rating BS settled and will now released the 4th Oboro Muramasa DLC in Japan without changing any content.

Releases 20th Nov.

Also, the PSN sale on the game is "officially" extended to 4th December.

Im not familiar with the situation, what happened?

Depiction of redlight district.

I am not sure what is in the 4th DLC that isn't in the main game already (no spoilers no matter how light, please), but that's the reason they gave.

Shizuka

For those asking about the DRPG list, here is mine on the fly (english version available):

Vita:

- Demon Gaze;
- Mind Zero.

3DS:

- Unchained Blades;
- Etrian Odyssey IV;
- Etrian Odyssey Untold;
- Soul Hackers;
- Persona Q.

PSP:

- Elminage Original;
- Class of Heroes;
- Class of Heroes 2;
- Unchained Blades.

DS:

- Dark Spire;
- Etrian Odyssey;
- Etrian Odyssey II;
- Etrian Odyssey III;
- Strange Journey.

There is a DSiWare DRPG but I haven't played it yet.

Shinriji

So now people are saying that playing Unity while offline will improve performace.
Just like Borderlands 2 Vita!

All those games with frequent autosave to the cloud for cross save purposes have some performance problems. This happens with Fez, Borderlands and Doki Doki Universe

Uploading saves should be manual, period.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The new fast forward feature in Spelunky Vita is really neat, and it's wonderful being able to see how others played the daily challenge. Extremely well executed.

RCR DX is neat.

Shame Terraria isn't cross buy on PS4, can I sync my vita world in it?
It's too slow. Fast forwarding should have different levels of speed. I was just trying to watch a replay and it was sooooo long and slow. I wanted to watch it a lot faster than that. An option to skip to the specific part of the run you want would also make it a lot better.

maouvin

All those games with frequent autosave to the cloud for cross save purposes have some performance problems. This happens with Fez, Borderlands and Doki Doki Universe

Uploading saves should be manual, period.

But the upload to cross-save slot on BL2 is manual, no? I believe that the performance gain from playing offline comes from the in-game mic being disabled while doing so.

Either way, Unity has so many little things that require constant online checks that it's reasonable to expect improvements when playing offline. It's silly to pull the network cable but hey, better than having headaches while playing while the miraculous patch isn't out.

Hey PS4Gaf, I have a short question about that primary account feature. Is it possible for other accounts to get trophies from games that were downloaded by the primary account?

maouvin

Hey PS4Gaf, I have a short question about that primary account feature. Is it possible for other accounts to get trophies from games that were downloaded by the primary account?

I got trophies from a game from my JP account on my main profile (US), so yes.

Renpatsu

I played a bit of it when I bought it on Steam, but I'm really glad that with the latest PSN sale I picked up Rogue Legacy and can go about playing it seriously (even though I'm still in the midst of a Binding of Isaac binge and furthermore still holding off from getting lost in Minecraft once more).

igor

I just bought Freedom Wars physical version :O but still thinking of picking Killzone up. How big is it to download and does it require to buy online pass should you buy the pre owned version? I'd rather have it on the physical release to be honest, but tenner sounds too tempting.

Same thing it means every time there's maintenance, basically. As long as you've logged into PSN at least once a day or two beforehand, you'll still be able to play online and such.

I never even notice these, maybe cuz my Vita is on standby and my PS4 on rest mode, I'm technically always connected lol

nampad

So... who's getting LBP3?

Me. #StandSmall

I just bought Freedom Wars physical version :O but still thinking of picking Killzone up. How big is it to download and does it require to buy online pass should you buy the pre owned version? I'd rather have it on the physical release to be honest, but tenner sounds too tempting.

My install is now 3956 MB big after all the patches. The initial game was bigger though, if I remember correctly around 4.6-4.8 GB. One of the patches cut the size of the install, don't know how big the patch was.

Benedict

Just found out that there is now an added support for physical buttons in Zen Pinball 2 on the Vita when you play it "sideways"!
Don't now when they patched that in, but it's something that I've been missing.
AU7Amsc.gif

No longer the need of losing my balls because I tapped outside the touch screen.

They also "quietly" released a new pack consisting of four tables, for all Playstation platforms, Core pack. buy it on Vita or PS3 and it's cross-buy on PS4 as well. If you buy it on PS4 it's not cross buy.

Maedhros

Just these last days, I've bought a bunch of new games to play:

3DS: Zelda OOT, ALBW, Smash, Mario Kart 7 (yes, I didn't had it before).
Vita: Sly Collections. Have money for Jak and Daxter and God of War Collections and some psn cards and 1year of plus renovation.

Novocaine

Been loving Isaac. Still waiting for the Vita patch in EU to give it play time during work. Been playing The Hungry Horde at work and I'm not sure why I like it but I do. It's small stupid fun. some of those high scores are crazy though, I suck so bad.

Don't feel bad. Feel despair :)
iVClhDVGYTMKO.gif

Man, that's fucking glorious.

Takao

Banned
I guess Tales from the Borderlands on Vita got cancelled? There's no mention of it in today's releases from Telltale.

Just found out that there is now an added support for physical buttons in Zen Pinball 2 on the Vita when you play it "sideways"!
Don't now when they patched that in, but it's something that I've been missing.
AU7Amsc.gif

No longer the need of losing my balls because I tapped outside the touch screen.

They also "quietly" released a new pack consisting of four tables, for all Playstation platforms, Core pack. buy it on Vita or PS3 and it's cross-buy on PS4 as well. If you buy it on PS4 it's not cross buy.

I want to try the new Zen tables. The Zen tables have been getting better and better. The initial tables weren't very good. I skipped the Marvel tables because I am not into that. The Star Wars ones are fantastic. The fact that they made their tables cross buy on PS4 made me switch allegiances from Pinball Arcade.

Pinball Arcade's tables are getting worse. They clearly are scrapping the bottom of the barrel on tables left. Bought the first two seasons but I am done. I understand charging for PS4 upgrades but I am not going to do it. Some of the real tables don't translate well to digital form especially on a small Vita screen. I heard they are thinking of doing original tables which should be interesting.

Top Bottom