• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

nampad

I guess Tales from the Borderlands on Vita got cancelled? There's no mention of it in today's releases from Telltale.

Was it even announced to be able to be cancelled?
The trailer mentions other platforms to be announced by the way.

A Game of Thrones Vita port is way more important for me though.

Was it even announced to be able to be cancelled?
The trailer mentions other platforms to be announced by the way.

A Game of Thrones Vita port is way more important for me though.
Tales From the Borderlands was one of the only Vita announcements at E3.

Wouldn't surprise me if it didn't come out on Vita until after the season is finished, like The Wolf Among Us.

You aren't safe just because you're a member now.

Congrats

True dat

Through perseverance and a penchant for level headed discussion I will go on.

**Lol at sending Carl P4G.

**Don't want to double post, so edit numero dos... Are there any good megaman games playable on the Vita? I thought I heard that some of the PSN versions were really bad. Assuming there are some good ones, which ones would folks recommend?

Retro City Rampage DX - PS3, Vita, PS4

Wow what a difference a "re-balancing" makes. Basically "re-balancing" here means "make it easier" but it is so much better with additional checkpoints and less difficulty. I played the original but got stuck and frustrated like most people who played the game. The DX version is a lot more enjoyable and allows you to just enjoy the cheesy 80's references and have fun plowing down some pedestrians. There is supposedly new content but I didn't notice anything but I didn't go back and compare. It is a tough sell on something that maybe should have been a patch after release but for $8 as something that runs well on my Playstation TV along with a PS4 version and cross save it is worth it to me.

9/10

N7jKguZ.jpg

Just found out that there is now an added support for physical buttons in Zen Pinball 2 on the Vita when you play it "sideways"!
Don't now when they patched that in, but it's something that I've been missing.
AU7Amsc.gif

No longer the need of losing my balls because I tapped outside the touch screen.

They also "quietly" released a new pack consisting of four tables, for all Playstation platforms, Core pack. buy it on Vita or PS3 and it's cross-buy on PS4 as well. If you buy it on PS4 it's not cross buy.

Didn't noticed that buttons don't work on portrait mode. Maybe nudge would finally work on that mode.

The core pack were those tables released on xbox but not yet on PS platforms right? I know many PS players have requested it before. Have to buy those new tables as well. ^_^

nampad

Tales From the Borderlands was one of the only Vita announcements at E3.

Wouldn't surprise me if it didn't come out on Vita until after the season is finished, like The Wolf Among Us.

Totally missed that though I couldn't follow E3. Seemed like I missed nothing for the Vita anyway :(

Retro City Rampage DX - PS3, Vita, PS4

Wow what a difference a "re-balancing" makes. Basically "re-balancing" here means "make it easier" but it is so much better with additional checkpoints and less difficulty. I played the original but got stuck and frustrated like most people who played the game. The DX version is a lot more enjoyable and allows you to just enjoy the cheesy 80's references and have fun plowing down some pedestrians. There is supposedly new content but I didn't notice anything but I didn't go back and compare. It is a tough sell on something that maybe should have been a patch after release but for $8 as something that runs well on my Playstation TV along with a PS4 version and cross save it is worth it to me.

9/10

N7jKguZ.jpg

Still need to beat the endboss in the original version. The difficulty spikes were so crazy like that terrible underwater level, even if it was a joke.

daydream

Banned
I thought the difficulty in the original RDR was completely fine up until the end. I managed to beat it but it took a lot of patience on my part (which I thankfully have). I think I liked RCR more than most people so I'm definitely eager to check out the DX update.

Still need to beat the endboss in the original version. The difficulty spikes were so crazy like that terrible underwater level, even if it was a joke.

Yeah I think of that was probably excused by the developer because "there were no checkpoints and games were hard back then" but I don't want that experience again. Games have progressed and I don't want to repeat all this crap again because I messed up at the end.

autoduelist

For those asking about the DRPG list, here is mine on the fly (english version available):

Vita:

- Demon Gaze;
- Mind Zero.

3DS:

- Unchained Blades;
- Etrian Odyssey IV;
- Etrian Odyssey Untold;
- Soul Hackers;
- Persona Q.

PSP:

- Elminage Original;
- Class of Heroes;
- Class of Heroes 2;
- Unchained Blades.

DS:

- Dark Spire;
- Etrian Odyssey;
- Etrian Odyssey II;
- Etrian Odyssey III;
- Strange Journey.

There is a DSiWare DRPG but I haven't played it yet.

So. Of that list on the vita/psp side all I need are mind zero and Unchained Blades. I've read the reviews of MZ and still want it because I'm not expecting (nor desiring) Persona. Is Unchained Blades worthwhile?

And which DS or 3ds game should i go for? pm me maybe if it's too off topic

I am so glad that I stayed out of the Dragon Age Inquisition loop until now. I'm devouring all these trailers and previews and salivating at the same time. Hope the controls translate well to the Vita, remote playing this would be amazing.

Omerta

Speaking of remote play: I've experimented with it - on and off - since I bought my ps4 a few days ago.

I love the functionality in theory but like many have mentioned, I find the r2/r3/l2l3 solutions pretty lame.

Sony, please: let me sync my ds4 to my vita and release a bracket like the one you've got for your phones.

That would fix... Everything :)

So. Of that list on the vita/psp side all I need are mind zero and Unchained Blades. I've read the reviews of MZ and still want it because I'm not expecting (nor desiring) Persona. Is Unchained Blades worthwhile?

Etrian Odyssey. EO is the best kind of drug. Doesn't matter which one, honestly but 3, 4, and Untold are the best entry points overall, I think. You should ask over the in the Series-wide OT for help deciding if you only want to get one (though you seem liberal with your spending on games so dive in with 4 imo)
I am so glad that I stayed out of the Dragon Age Inquisition loop until now. I'm devouring all these trailers and previews and salivating at the same time. Hope the controls translate well to the Vita, remote playing this would be amazing.

If I get this it'll have to be on PC. And I'm probably going to wait until a 50% off sale. DA:O was already too easy on nightmare, and with general impressions being that DA:I is less of a traditional theory-crafting-haven of an RPG, I'm not really pumped for it anymore.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I really enjoy DRPGs but I've been trying to break into the EO series since EO1 and don't like any of them for some reason (don't like PQ by extension either). Might be the lack of a story and something about the dungeon traversal feels really slow somehow. I guess I also really hate having to draw the map.

I really enjoy DRPGs but I've been trying to break into the EO series since EO1 and don't like any of them for some reason (don't like PQ by extension either). Might be the lack of a story and something about the dungeon traversal feels really slow somehow. I guess I also really hate having to draw the map.

You should try Untold. A lot of EO fans aren't happy about it, but I believe there's an automapping system in place now. It also has a (sort of competent) story, as well. Though at this point you might as well wait for Untold 2, since I assume those implementations will still be in place and refined further.

autoduelist

Etrian Odyssey. EO is the best kind of drug. Doesn't matter which one, honestly but 3, 4, and Untold are the best entry points overall, I think. You should ask over the in the Series-wide OT for help deciding if you only want to get one (though you seem liberal with your spending on games so dive in with 4 imo)

I'm liberal with my vita game buys, that's for sure. Sony might of well have put a dollar bill slot on the vita, especially with ps+ sales.

I'm so close to buying Etrian Odyssey, and even SMT IV for the 3ds. My only issue is that whenever I buy a game for the 3ds I never end up playing it because of my vita. Same with my Steam/gog/desura collection. It's a combination of the display (vastly prefer vita) and, i hate to say it,
trophies, even though I'm okay with psp games that don't have them
. Plus I think part of it is that 3ds games seem so expensive to me, whereas I'm vested enough in the Sony ecosystem that I can get good deals on everything.

That said, I'm starved for old school dungeon crawlers. I wish more got localized.

I'm liberal with my vita game buys, that's for sure. Sony might of well have put a dollar bill slot on the vita, especially with ps+ sales.

I'm so close to buying Etrian Odyssey, and even SMT IV for the 3ds. My only issue is that whenever I buy a game for the 3ds I never end up playing it because of my vita. Same with my Steam/gog/desura collection. It's a combination of the display (vastly prefer vita) and, i hate to say it,
trophies, even though I'm okay with psp games that don't have them
. Plus I think part of it is that 3ds games seem so expensive to me, whereas I'm vested enough in the Sony ecosystem that I can get good deals on everything.

That said, I'm starved for old school dungeon crawlers. I wish more got localized.

Yup, this has been my experience lately, too. Especially with the New3DS on the horizon. I can't even motivate myself to pick up my 3DS when I know 1) I could be playing my vita and 2) if I wait, I can play it on a far better piece of hardware anyway.
Even though people like talking about how awesome the hardware is on the vita relative to the 3DS, for me it's just less fun to play on almost entirely because of the OS speed and ergonomics. Such a shame the system likely won't have a successor, 'cause I really, really love the feel of the vita.

Hikami

My only issue is that whenever I buy a game for the 3ds I never end up playing it because of my vita.
I can't even motivate myself to pick up my 3DS.

So I'm not the only one?

Ever since I got my Vita back in September, my 3DS has just been completely neglected...
Can't bring myself to finish EO Untold and Rune Factory 4 when I'd rather be playing on my Vita. Maybe Persona Q will finally make me pick it up again..

So I'm not the only one?

Ever since I got my Vita back in September, my 3DS has just been completely neglected...
Can't bring myself to finish EO Untold and Rune Factory 4 when I'd rather be playing on my Vita. Maybe Persona Q will finally make me pick it up again..

Man my 3DS has a layer of dust on it. I probably won't touch it until I buy Soul Hackers again or when Devil Survivor 2 comes out.

So I'm not the only one?

ORAS will be the kick in the ass that gets me back onto my 3DS. And then after that I'll be playing MM3D. I just hope the N3DS actually releases within a decent time period and NOA doesn't completely fuck us over.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Mind Zero and Unchained Blades are both awful, awful games.

as for the DS/3DS games...

Dark Spire is ridiculously old school. It's great, but it's ridiculously old school.
EO games are good. There's a new community thread about the series.
Strange Journey is SMT 3.9995 and is highly recommended.

Tizoc

Just picked up my first Ys game ever (Memeories of Celceta). Excited to dive in once I finish up the rest of Freedom Wars.

T.T If SMT4 wasn't eating up my handheld gaming time I'd finish Celceta.
Enjoy the game mate, and if you want more Ys goodness, there's Ys Oath in Felghana and Seven. Though Seven's combat system is the predecessor to Celceta's.

Speaking of which:
Does the Asia ver. of Ys: Celceta have English language option? Did it also get a patch like the JP ver. for improved performance?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
You should try Untold. A lot of EO fans aren't happy about it, but I believe there's an automapping system in place now. It also has a (sort of competent) story, as well. Though at this point you might as well wait for Untold 2, since I assume those implementations will still be in place and refined further.
Yeah I've been thinking about it. Not expecting much out of the story but as long as I don't have to map anything that solves half the problem. Will probably wait for a demo or something to try it out.

Strange Journey is SMT 3.9995 and is highly recommended.
Definitely this, SMT 3.9995 was even better than SMT4 imo

I haven't turned on my Vita for one and a half month now. I've only accessed the PSN store to redeem the games for my account via the web and my shitty luck came. I got hacked and thankfully my account was restored but thanks to that I haven't touch any PS device I own for while. I'm currently having tons of fun rekindling my love of PC gaming. RTS games, Simulation games and a few racing games here and there are my main use of the PC, which the vita sadly lacks a bit. Had there been a new NFS (or any other good racing games), or that mobile Xcoms been on the Vita I would have not left my Vita for such a long time. Guess that Typ0 really made me rage quit on the platform.

As for my 3DS, it was sold after my crave for POKEMANS was satiated. The 3D was bringing headaches to me, and the region locking made it very unfeasible for me to play all the games I want on one system. Vita's a mess right, but compared to the 3DS it's bearable. Might hop on to either buying a PS4 for next year, or the now tempting Wii U.

So for now, I'll just lie low on this thread and focus on playing games on other platforms. I don't want to bring excessively unneccesary and offtopic discussions on this thread so I'll just stay away from this thread. No, I won't turn into a please bring this game out of the Vita person but I'm afraid the lack of games in the main genres I play may make me feel bad owning one so I'll just cool off playing games on the vita for a while in hopes that I can rekindle my love for it later.

Tizoc

Yo so like an Adventure Time game is releasing NEXT WEEK on the Vita. Hope it'd be good, I'm not a big fan of the show sadly but I'm down for an adventure game like it.

incpdo

Yo so like an Adventure Time game is releasing NEXT WEEK on the Vita. Hope it'd be good, I'm not a big fan of the show sadly but I'm down for an adventure game like it.

Adventure time on vita?

258318-aaheader.jpg

Anyway a Zelda type of game is always welcome where zelda could never exist.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that Vita Adventure Time is supposed to be better than the other console one...

Guys, if I was to pick up a December game for myself, what would you recommend?
I'm on the EU store, strongly tempted by Nidhogg, but don't have local buddies to play with. Is the online any good? How is the port in general?

For reference, I own the following:
Physical: UMvC3, DoA5, Soul Sacrifice (also borrowed Killzone and SFxT from work)
Digital: MGS HD collection, Wipeout, Tearaway, P4U (not played yet...)
Indies: Spelunky, Guacamelee, FEZ, Hotline Miami, Dustforce, Knytt Underground, Terraria, Rogue Legacy, Minecraft...

I'm probably forgetting something, but that's the main jist. Been really enjoying Minecraft recently, hoping to find fellow GAF players (my ID is the same as on here).

Also strangely tempted by Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! due to the price. I like rhythm games, but fear for my dignity. Never played anything else from the series...

Help a VitaBro out?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
This thread is dead after its move to community, not neat.
Maybe it's just a wrong impression since i'm only interested in Vita related threads, but imo even the gaming section is "deader", maybe in these days there aren't many interesting news but i don't see gaming section as active as before, yes there are still threads with lots of pages but in general it looks slower to me.

I don't know why but i find myself less interested in the gaming section and even in its threads i'm interested in i have less desire to post, maybe i'm not the only one?

ZeroAKA

Also strangely tempted by Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit! due to the price. I like rhythm games, but fear for my dignity. Never played anything else from the series...

Help a VitaBro out?
If you want to buy a rhythm game for the Vita, you would be better off with Project Diva F 2nd or DJMAX instead. The latter isn't sold in Europe though.

Sarcasm

I never browse gaming, the only time I would have to go there if their was a new steam thread.

I mean heck even in the psn thread a link would appear for the new thread.

deadfolk

I don't know if it's everywhere, but the EU eShop has decent demos of the two 3DS EO games, if you want to try them out first. I really enjoyed the demos personally, but like others here I find it hard to get the enthusiasm to spend money on 3DS games before the new chap arrives.

Quoting myself from the FW thread, these are my impressions on the game, for those that are on the fence:

On CODE 7. Just like planned I should be able to finish the campaign before Dragon Age drops, and with that I will have cleared all of the game's campaigns that I wanted. So far with the story here I have more questions than answers, and the major consensus is that the actual ending sucks and doesn't answer any of them. I'll have to wait and see for myself, at least I'm reasonably prepared for it, and my expectations are very, very low. The ride was fun at least, and I don't regret the purchase one bit.

I would easily recommend this game to anyone with a Vita. Sure it has its shortcomings (end game from what you all say is a mess) but the actual story from CODE 1 to 7 is very fun, and has a ton of mission variety that keeps things interesting. The game isn't a graphical showpiece like KZ Mercenaries, but it is really pretty and pretty stable for a game that has so much going on/so many characters on screen.

I haven't finished, but I would give this game an 8/10 based on my 30hrs with it. Good game, tons of fun, with some stuff that can be changed with a sequel.

Shinriji

Page 2 of the Gaming Community. Nice job.

Just got Shadows of Mordor and The Evil Within. Finally gonna remove the dust of my PS4.

Can I use my Vita charger to charge my phone? Particularly a Samsung Note 2. Vita charger is rated 1.5A while the official Note 2 charger is around 2.0A. Both are 5V. Dunno if there's anything else I'm missing.

Stat!

Anyone up for playing some AC:Unity co-op? I have a mic but no friends (to play with) :(

I haven't done any co-op but I am enjoying the game so far (which I think I might be in the minority). If anyone wants to get a good group going, my PSN ID is Stat_09

RalchAC

Today I've seen a PSVita ad on the TV! And it was an important channel. It was mindblowing lol.

They showed Minecraft and the new Invizimals game. SCEE (at least Spain) is trying to market it as a kid machine, it seems.

With that price they won't do shit. I can't believe how expensive both handhelds are considering their biggest target demographic are kids.

Quoting myself from the FW thread, these are my impressions on the game, for those that are on the fence:

Sounds nice. May get it after I finish One Piece (since PW3 seems to retell the story and it's going to be better and bigger). Tales of Hearts goes first. Sadly, even if it arrives today I'm not going to be able to play it until Sunday.

Hate this is on the community. I always forget to check it out :(

Top Bottom