• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I think I am going to get this:

http://www.play-asia.com/protection-frame-for-playstation-vita-clear-paOS-13-49-en-70-4hm8.html

Wonder what semi hard or hard case I should get that will still fit that.

That won't fit a Vita 2000. What you want is this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L6AVNE0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Comes with a protective shell, a semi-hard case, and a screen protector. I can't say enough good things about it. Pretty much essential for a Vita 2000 owner.

killatopak

Just poppin in to say I really enjoy Binding of Isaac.

Personally BoI>Spelunky.
--

I'm really sad that I'm not able to join in this thread's conversation much. LoL has pretty much taken my time since my cousin and my friends got addicted to it and dragged me to play it too.

Or maybe it's because the thread isn't at gaming any more. I see it less often than I want to.

Edit: Woah! someone got stolen a Vita? Legit shed a tear.

Edit2: Soldner getting released soon? yay!

autoduelist

If my vita got stolen I'd either quit gaming or take the punch and buy a new one + 64g card same day. I'm not sure which. I'd lose my shit either way.

Playing Freedom Wars sometimes makes me think of Unit 13, imo gameplay-wise they are not that different, they are both mission based tps(let's say so for FW) in close arenas but Unit 13 was pretty straightforward and barebones while FW has a lot more things like robots, components, melee combat etc, think what Unit 13 could have been if it had even a simple story, weapons/items retrieving/making, more enemy variety etc.

having plat'd Unit 13, I don't think most people would see much similarity. I think Unit 13 is very similar in design to Killzone Mercenary -- set missions that can be done in multiple ways (stealth, assault, etc).

I'd advise against playing it without having played 999.

Yep. You are doing yourself a grave disservice if you play VLR before 999.

I played VLR with out ever playing or researching 999 and enjoyed it just fine.

SerTapTap

None of you are stupid enough to fall for that $90 PS4 by "amzon electronics", right? Right.

Just poppin in to say I really enjoy Binding of Isaac.

Personally BoI>Spelunky.

Definitely agreed, I generally don't like Roguelikes but Isaac is so amazing in every regard.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I played and enjoyed VLR with out ever playing or researching 999 and enjoyed it just fine.
It's not that you won't enjoy it at all, it's a standalone game and it wouldn't be good game design if it absolutely required the first one. It's just there's no way you'll enjoy it as much as if you had played the previous entry, whether you retrospectively think so or not.

autoduelist

Definitely agreed, I generally don't like Roguelikes but Isaac is so amazing in every regard.

I love traditional old school ASCII roguelikes and I love dual stick shooters.

In other words, BoI is my GOTY. I wish other games I own on Steam but haven't gotten to yet like Teleglitch would come to vita too.

It's not that you won't enjoy it at all, it's a standalone game and it wouldn't be good game design if it absolutely required the first one. It's just there's no way you'll enjoy it as much as if you had played the previous entry, whether you retrospectively think so or not.

I understand what you're saying, because I do think that's true of many franchises... like Uncharted, it really helps to 'know' who Drake and Sully are. That said, I don't generally 'connect' with most jrpgs/visual novels so I'm not sure it would help. I would have preferred VLR just being a menu and selectable escape puzzles. So maybe I'm not the best judge... I suppose you're right that if you're into the genre, you should probably play 999 first.

Tizoc

I think we might get a Capcom sale this week? Super Puzzle Fighter HD shows up on sale for me, unless it was on sale last week?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I understand what you're saying, because I do think that's true of many franchises... like Uncharted, it really helps to 'know' who Drake and Sully are. That said, I don't generally 'connect' with most jrpgs/visual novels so I'm not sure it would help. I would have preferred VLR just being a menu and selectable escape puzzles. So maybe I'm not the best judge... I suppose you're right that if you're into the genre, you should probably play 999 first.
Well I wouldn't say the same about Uncharted. It's a different situation with 999/VLR because it's not the character familiarity which is important. There are cross-game plot twists in VLR which will have absolutely no meaning to someone starting fresh from VLR but are megatons for someone who had played 999 first. Since the game's biggest selling point is its plot in the first place, it's a situation where you'll get a real payoff by playing both rather than a simple reference or two in something like Uncharted. Jason Schreier even wrote an article about it.

ZeroAKA

Miku is up on PSN!
PartialAggressiveAmphiuma.gif

Zhao_Yun

Does anyone know whether conference calls are possible on the Skype app on Vita? Yesterday a friend of mine tried to invite me into a conference call while I was on the Vita but it didn't worked... Normal calls work perfectly though.

SerTapTap

How's the IQ in Project Diva F 2nd? Weird thing to ask I know but I've been playing so many aliased anime games it's wearing on me. I'm hoping PS4 at least allows some fantastic AA on lower-mid budget anime style games.

Thanks Sony,

new ps4 theme was added

LittleBigPlanet™ 3 Dynamic Theme
2.99$

Hm maybe this will make the lack of Toro theme more bearable

Cha

Apparently Bend is working on an AAA Vita game
http://www.thegamescabin.com/news-s...e-uncharted-golden-abyss-sequel/#.VGt_lzSG-1U

Should i believe it?

Despite mentioning Uncharted:GA, I think "Sony's powerful new hardware" refers to the PS4. Also, the term AAA is another dead give away. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
I want to be wrong

In other news, I just watched the Phantasy Star Nova 9min trailer, and I'm sad now. It looks nice, but it's not coming over :( Really love the scale of the monsters though.

I hope that Soul Sacrifice2 has monsters of that size (or bigger) if it ever gets made.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Well that "news" looked too suspicious to believe it, but i have to admit that for a second i hoped for Sony's redemption :(

having plat'd Unit 13, I don't think most people would see much similarity. I think Unit 13 is very similar in design to Killzone Mercenary -- set missions that can be done in multiple ways (stealth, assault, etc).
I don't know how KZ:M works, but usually tps are made of a sequence of unique big levels where you start on a point and you have to reach the end, in both FW and Unit 13 you have a series of missions that are a little more than a random combination of arena, enemies and objective, with the difference that FW has story, item management and a lot more content and variety than Unit 13.

rallaren

:)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2vssWJCUAEnw7d.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Just got this also. And the console. The whole OS/interface is bit more to take in compared to the 360 (no idea about ps3) imo. I got what I need set up so far I hope and waiting for the long install currently.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That's going to be all the sales this week, isn't it? Just the EA stuff and Re:Birth1?

Please put up more sales, Sony. I don't want to be disappointed again. ;_;

SerTapTap

I hate to recommend an EA game, but Dead Space and Burnout are some damn good fun. Dunno if it's still the case, but at launch Burnout had the chillest, most pleasant to talk to online community out there. Probably pretty dead by now but the sale should help a bit.

Takao

Banned
PS3 and PS4 get a new LBP while mobile gets a runner and Vita gets this

a two year old game repackaged with pre-existing dlc
thanks sorny (i'm surprised they release this in NA)

Benedict

People in the OT have been reporting the same things. Took me about 40 minutes from me inserting the disc to actually start playing.
I'm downloading it from the store, haven't even got a disc...

Edit: I'm now at 1% and can't even watch Netflix while waiting because the whole system is locked by the installation.. Won't allow any other apps running or I have to close the GTA V app

nampad

Apparently Bend is working on an AAA Vita game
http://www.thegamescabin.com/news-s...e-uncharted-golden-abyss-sequel/#.VGt_lzSG-1U

Should i believe it?

Vita gets nothing as long as Shu the destroyer is still responsible for SCEWWS.

We should have gotten a new Bend game a while now. Uncharted: GA was clearly a success at launch so they should have made the next one (engine already set up etc.) right away as the poor Vita sales weren't set in stone.

Instead, they moved on like all the other handheld studios.

MQX

I'm constantly surprised by how great Toukiden looks.
She looks really nice :p.

The blue hair reminds me of Hatsune Miku ;)
And I still need to try the Toukiden demo :/

Hi VitaGAF,

My Vita was stolen.

3G Vita. Project Diva Limited Edition.
Along with my copy of Project Diva F 2nd (JP)
And 64GB memory card.
That sucks. My condolences. Unbelievable :( (that it got stolen).

You could try to buy a used Vita (OLED). Or buy a Vita Slim and join the Vita Slim Gaf Group ;).

Great tip(if you don't know already ;P): Try to look on the internet(or on the streets, in your country/city/town/neighborhood) if they sell a Hatsune Miku Project Diva F Vita 3G/Wi-Fi. Maybe you can find it back :) (you know how the Vita looked ;P).

And here I am. Still playing Project Diva F :( (and getting tempted to buy 2nd thanks to ZeroAKA's amazing Project Diva F 2nd OT :X).

Top Bottom