• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Playing Freedom Wars sometimes makes me think of Unit 13, imo gameplay-wise they are not that different, they are both mission based tps(let's say so for FW) in close arenas but Unit 13 was pretty straightforward and barebones while FW has a lot more things like robots, components, melee combat etc, think what Unit 13 could have been if it had even a simple story, weapons/items retrieving/making, more enemy variety etc.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
So I just repped the Vita pretty nicely in an interview. Was a group interview at GAME and I figured expressing my love for Vita is as good a way as any to stand out. Then we had to do a litttle presentation in groups selling a particular console and naturally I chose Vita there too. A group of people were forced to sit there and listen to why Vita is awesome. Did I do good today GAF?

antibolo

Banned
So I just repped the Vita pretty nicely in an interview. Was a group interview at GAME and I figured expressing my love for Vita is as good a way as any to stand out. Then we had to do a litttle presentation in groups selling a particular console and naturally I chose Vita there too. A group of people were forced to sit there and listen to why Vita is awesome. Did I do good today GAF?

If only Sony shared your enthausiasm.

I have read that the cart version of ratchet collection has some issues with ratchet 2. What exactly are the issues?

There are really odd "CTD"s in the game. Basically every time you try to go to a subplanet (for example, going from the planet with the arena to the moon system) you'll crash. However, when you restart the game you'll be at the subarea, so it doesn't impede progress. However, it has been reported to inhibit your ability to get the platinum trophy, though there have been multiple instances of this not being the case (I don't think it screwed me over for completion, but I haven't actually 100% Ratchet 2, yet).

If you are fine with both digital or physical, you should go digital. But if you want a physical copy, the issues aren't so bad unless you're very easily upset by crashes. I've logged some 500+ hours in oblivion, so I'm pretty much immune at this point.

Garraboa

If I was CEO of SCEA I would've spent that Destiny exclusivity money and hired Bethesda to make an Elder Scrolls or Fallout on Vita :J

MQX

It's cheap!
I guess that if they localize it and keep the cheap price i could forgive the apparent lack of 3d models(but i want at least 2d portraits during duels, and apparently they are in)

You know that you're talking about Konami. Konami and cheap? :/

Yay

Do I need to charge this for 24 hours before use or something?

Congrats with your Vita :D. The pink color looks really nice :p.

I asked a couple of days ago, but there weren't much interest:

Sounds good to me :D
If EU sales/updates etc. will also be posted in the thread :/

nampad

Only if you sold some Vitas :p

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'll just sit down and enjoy Highschool DxD New Fight.
MknA3gP.gif

daydream

Banned
So I recently bougth the PSP version of Knights in the Nightmare and it came with a PSN code for the PSP version Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone. No idea if it still works but if it does, it must be US PSN only, I reckon. Anyway, seems like there was no interest for it in the B/S/T thread so I'm giving it away.

So, if anyone wants that code, send me a PM. I'll pick someone tomorrow. I guess try and sway me with some sort of reasoning. Can't guarantee that it hasn't expired, though (however, there's no expiration date on the voucher). Also, keep in mind that you'll have to download this on a PSP.

Bumping this once for the new page before going to bed. Like I said, I'll pick someone tomorrow. Mind the bolded.

It has to be a PSN news thread. There's no way mods would agree otherwise. We'd probably still have to keep actual discussions in here though to prevent clutter in that thread.

It honestly just seems very redundant. I think the demand for it would be from people outside of this thread, since most of the information will probably be X-posted from here anyhow.

Shinriji

It has to be a PSN news thread. There's no way mods would agree otherwise. We'd probably still have to keep actual discussions in here though to prevent clutter in that thread.

Steam News is only for steam, not GOG, Uplay, EA access, etc. A vita/PSTV news version should be possible by proxy.

ZeroAKA

It honestly just seems very redundant. I think the demand for it would be from people outside of this thread, since most of the information will probably be X-posted from here anyhow.
I was thinking about that too, which is why I asked people for their opinions a few days ago. The news thread makes more sense for the Steam thread because the thread moves so fast and there are so many different Steam vendors that it would be difficult to keep track of all of the news. A PSN news thread might be able to get more people to discuss the games/sales in this thread though.

Steam News is only for steam, not GOG, Uplay, EA access, etc. A vita/PSTV news version should be possible by proxy.
I have my doubts. We should probably check with a mod if we're actually going to do this.

joe2187

Banned
Why cant I stop playing Senran Kagura: Bon Appetit.

Oh god, Im picking up Project Diva tomorrow for the midnight launch of GTA.

Japan what you do to me.

daydream

Banned
I'm also sceptical a Vita news thread (and probably even a PSN news thread) would fly. The service only updates once a week and, despite Sony's best efforts to make the store as convoluted as possible, it's easy to keep track of.

Game announcements on the other hand are catalogued quite diligently in the 'Upcoming Vita Games' thread although - and I say this as someone who's more or less in favour of the restructuring - I'm not sure why that one didn't stay in Gaming.

Wouldn't hurt to ask, though. If it ends up going through, I'd be interested in maintaining a 3DS/WiiU news thread myself.

Sarcasm

So any tips and tricks I need to know for my vita? Found out about hold ps button for wifi/bt. Any neat tricks that are hidden?

Also how do you turn off the..elevator music when your at the home screen? lol

Sarcasm

You can even search members via the site method. Typically get the member page first followed by random posts in different threads.

nampad

I don't see a point in a a news thread

Also not seeing it. New news should be posted in new threads. That way, we at least have some threads about the Vita besides the doom and gloom (e.g. "Why should I not sell my Vita" etc.).

As the mods wouldn't allow any discussion in the news thread, it would be useless anyway.

Facism

this is horrible. someone hacked my account details and I can no longer activate my PS4 as my primary.

I can't deactivate whatever fucking ps4 the hackers used via the website, i have to do it via console, but i can't :/

Also not seeing it. New news should be posted in new threads. That way, we at least have some threads about the Vita besides the doom and gloom (e.g. "Why should I not sell my Vita" etc.).

As the mods wouldn't allow any discussion in the news thread, it would be useless anyway.

There's no such thing as high traffic forum that has completely sane rules, once something grows beyond the watchful eye of the creator it becomes a place of random rules created in an attempt to quell the masses into order.

I'm just glad we have a safe haven to talk Vita (this thread), as the wilds of NeoGAF are no place for a Vita fan.

Facism

chatting to a livechat guy called jaime, hoping he can help.

christ he's scea he can't do anything :(

i've sent an email but there's no receipt of it in my inbox lol.

There's no such thing as high traffic forum that has completely sane rules, once something grows beyond the watchful eye of the creator it becomes a place of random rules created in an attempt to quell the masses into order.

I'm just glad we have a safe haven to talk Vita (this thread), as the wilds of NeoGAF are no place for a Vita fan.

There are other threads, but pretty much everyone gathers here, one can mention a Vita game and get a positive response from others, or talk about an announcement on the system and get a bunch of replies that show interest in it rather than a "vita is dead", or anything of the sort.

Facism

Typical SCEA :|
Is there not a seperate call/chat for SCEA and SCEE? what a bad decision.

no live chat for SCEE. It's either expensive phonecall or email.

I've changed my password so my account is safe again, but i've lost my activation for some fucking reason. How does that even happen when you have to physically deactive the actual console? Looking at my account info, it looks like ALL my activations for music video and games have gone regarding my PS3, too. Friend said i was playing the russian version of TLOU last night :/

I activated the bloody thing when i bought it :/

Top Bottom