• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Shizuka

Alright, what about the happiest day as a Vita owner (excluding the day you got your Vita)? For me, it was the AX13 where Danganronpa, Demon Gaze and Sorcery Saga were announced at the same day.

TOTP: Buy Project Diva F 2nd (PS3/Vita), out in two days!

I can see what my friends are playing on their Vita's when I view the friend list on PS4, is that new since last update?

Any news on Duke3d? Why was it pulled?

nampad

Saddest day as a Vita owner?
There are to many disappointments to single out one. All the press conferences without it being mentioned. The sales figure releases/leaks for the great system and games. The "we port it for everything besides the Vita announcements" like Resident Evil: Revelations or especially FF: Type0.

The happiest day?
To many great games released so again, I can't single out one. The true ending of Persona 4: Golden, the unbelievable graphics of Killzone: Mercenary, the feeling of falling through space in Gravity Rush, the thrill of gliding and shooting in Wipeout 2048 and the marvelous platforming and brawling in Guacamelee are among them.

Hey PSN people, question for you. My brother is looking to sell his PS4 and was wondering if his digital purchases are account or system bound? i.e. should he advertise the console as having his digital purchases on it or not.

Now I'm pretty sure that they are account bound but I am able to play his digital purchases on the console on my account, so I'm not really sure how it works.

Thanks.

Both. The purchases are bound to the account and then activated on systems.
The PS4 allows 1 primary system (able to play everything offline and with another account on that primary system. Other PS4s can play his games as long as they are logged into his account.

He should deactivate his account on the PS4 before selling it. Not sure if it is possible on the console itself, but you can deactivate all your systems online every 6 months (further deactivation requires calling in to prevent abuse for sharing).

If he will buy a PS4 again later, he can download his games again.

I can see what my friends are playing on their Vita's when I view the friend list on PS4, is that new since last update?

Any news on Duke3d? Why was it pulled?

They pulled it because the US version seems not to be ready and they want an organized marketing push for all the regions when they release it.
The release was a mistake by the store team.

Garraboa

Alright, what about the happiest day as a Vita owner (excluding the day you got your Vita)? For me, it was the AX13 where Danganronpa, Demon Gaze and Sorcery Saga were announced at the same day.

Definetly the "Glitched PSN" day. It revitalized my love for Vita.

Omerta

I still remember how happy I was the first time I played through the
Beck
levels in Soundshapes with a really good set of headphones on a plane.

That was the point when I realised that I was wrong when I thought I wanted triple a experiences on my vita.

TUSR

Banned
When do games unlock usually for PS4?

Im thinking of preloading DA:I, and I have never done the preloading process.

The day I fell in love with Persona 4:Golden. It was a perfect fit for me.

Proxy

When do games unlock usually for PS4?

Im thinking of preloading DA:I, and I have never done the preloading process.

Well in the case of DA:I 12:00 am EST.

Although I recently looked at every game releasing this Tuesday and it looks like all of them unlock at 12:00 am now.

Shizuka

The day I fell in love with Persona 4:Golden. It was a perfect fit for me.

I'll never forget my first night with P4G. I had it for a couple of months, but since my vacation just started, I decided to begin playing the game before I went to bed. I didn't notice the lack of action, because it was late and I was just taking it all in.

Xenoflare

Persona 4 Golden.

I bought the Vita just for it and it's so worth it.

incpdo

Happiwst day as a vita owner? When i started to play gravity rush and when i finally bought Wipeout after weeks of playing only the demo

pariah164

Alright, what about the happiest day as a Vita owner (excluding the day you got your Vita)?
A close runner up is the day I actually GOT my Vita. Will never go to a 2000, love my white OG Vita somuch.

The happiest day? Project Diva f being announced for the West. After importing the last 3 titles for my PSP, I thought I was dreaming. I could not stop smiling at all that day.

Shizuka

Happiest and saddest were probably both the end of Tearaway.

That's my second happiest day. It was the last time I went back to my hometown, the day I got back, it was raining, I was back home and I decided to play the game (since it was a christmas gift from my boyfriend). It was so touching, I got through it in one sitting.

So i got online with playstation support chat today about my friends list issue and they told me that someone logged on to my PSN id and deleted all my friends.

I also had an email on friday about purchasing hulu plus but i never downloaded that app and at the time i was not home.

So i changed all my passwords and everything but just a heads up to everyone. Really strange thing to happen. There were no purchases or charges made, just the hulu plus and the friends list deleting.

nampad

Thanks guys. Marketing push though? You mean a single PS Blog update?

I think it is ridiculous, too. There won't be much marketing for it but I guess having the reviews for both regions releasing would be a reason. Maybe they also didn't want to get into the busy fall season.

We in Europe wait for games Americans get all the time though (and vice versa, to be fair) and I guess most of the people that are interested are fans, who will buy the game anyway.

ecurbj

I managed to find Tearaway & Killzone Mercenary for dirt cheap at Best Buy. I added them to my PS Vita physical collection. 17 Vita games so far. And I preordered Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd for the Vita at GameStop. It comes with an exclusive Americana Module, as well as an Extra Character Pack containing:
  • Akita Neru
  • Yowane Haku
  • Kasane Teto

There is so much releasing these next few weeks. I just can't keep up, lol.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
I really got into Freedom wars over the weekend. I love using thorns and severing limbs. The whole concept is genius! I also like the overall style of the game. It looks amazing. I hope they make a sequel.

Ventara

Hey, guys, does anyone here know how The Wolf Among Us and The Walking Dead Season 2 run on the Vita? I picked them up for $21 each, but I'm not too confident about how it'll run when it comes to Telltales.

Tapejara

For me, the happiest day as a Vita owner was a few days after the North American launch. Sony was having a launch party for press in Toronto and I got to play a bunch of games, including one I was really excited for: Resistance: Burning Skies (also known as my reason for buying a Vita). My editor also gave me Lumines and Rayman Origins to review. It was the day where as a gamer you're all starry eyed at this new system, excited about the hardware, the games and the system's potential. I still love the Vita launch window.

Other than that, it might have been when Namco announced plans to localize EDF 2017 Portable.

The day I played Persona 4 on the Vita was probably my happiest gaming moment with the system. I had played all the others except for that one, so going back to that world with a brand new story, brand new characters and shiny, crisp graphics got me so happy.

The saddest ones would have to be every time I see a Legend of Heroes announced for Japan, adding on to the huge list of games in the series, while we are still waiting for Trails in the Sky 2...

Takao

Banned
Define how Atlus abandoned Vita.

Atlus JP has put out just 2 Vita games since the platform came out. Both have sold well. Abandoned implies they've dropped the platform entirely, which isn't the case, but they're not really supporting it either. Especially when you consider that DAN was supposed to be outsourced. You couldn't expect much from them anyway. Their PS3 release history is abysmal and they took the port part of PlayStation Portable a little too literally.

Xenoflare

Atlus JP has put out just 2 Vita games since the platform came out. Both have sold well. Abandoned implies they've dropped the platform entirely, which isn't the case, but they're not really supporting it either. Especially when you consider that DAN was supposed to be outsourced. You couldn't expect much from them anyway. Their PS3 release history is abysmal and they took the port part of PlayStation Portable a little too literally.

IIRC Catherine is the only Atlus made game that I know of on PS3/360

Dragon's Crown and Conception 2 are also published by Atlus, so it's not exactly too bleak.

Remember SMTXFE is a thing? and how long did it wait to update on the 3DS DS2 port?

Atlus is not the publisher/studio with a clear and concise release record.

In other words, Atlus treats the other platforms just as shitty as the Vita, considering the Vita's lack of support it's better than nothing.

Even if DAN is outsourced.... Dingo is a competent dev.....

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
How did Persona 4 Golden sell, have they ever released numbers?

Why did ATLUS abandon Vita after it?

The answer is that Atlus just isn't that big.

They took 10 years to make a sequel to their most famous IP. For the most part, they are a 1 or 2 game at a time studio and they support both consoles and handhelds.

Xenoflare

They took 10 years to make a sequel to their most famous IP. For the most part, they are a 1 or 2 game at a time studio and they support both consoles and handhelds.

Too add, the PS2 games they released mostly use the same engine.

Atlus JP is just a really small studio, IIRC there are only 50 employees there. Correct me if I'm wrong.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member

I think persona has now taken over that title if sales are anything to go by.

Yup. And lately they've been doing more than 1 or 2 games at a time, due to the various collabs/localizations/etc. that their teams have been working on.
Wait what, I thought you were talking about the 10 years between SMT3 (2003) and SMT4 (2013). Hasn't been a 10 year gap between any Persona game

P1: 1996
P2.1: 1999
P2.2: 2000
P3: 2006
P4: 2008
P5: 2015

Jesus christ P4 released late. I cannot believe this series has gotten so big with such poorly timed a release...

The saddest ones would have to be every time I see a Legend of Heroes announced for Japan, adding on to the huge list of games in the series, while we are still waiting for Trails in the Sky 2...

Vita is the one and only platform where this is possible:

XvgtDC8.jpg

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Wait what, I thought you were talking about the 10 years between SMT3 (2003) and SMT4 (2013). Hasn't been a 10 year gap between any Persona game

P1: 1996
P2.1: 1999
P2.2: 2000
P3: 2006
P4: 2008
P5: 2015

Huh. I always thought P4 is 10 years old. Cuz the 360 gen is 8 years long.

Huh. I always thought P4 is 10 years old. Cuz the 360 gen is 8 years long.

The game released stupid late. I didn't realize just how late though, either. Pretty mental. And now P5 isn't too different. Hopefully the game is good... It'll be pretty worrying if it doesn't sell well.

Also: Atlus can we get a Catherine Vita port? Please?

Xenoflare

The game released stupid late. I didn't realize just how late though, either. Pretty mental. And now P5 isn't too different. Hopefully the game is good... It'll be pretty worrying if it doesn't sell well.

Also: Atlus can we get a Catherine Vita port? Please?

Considering the fact that it's getting a PS4 port and the boon in popularity after p3/4 it would sell great.

nice avatar update.
I'm pretty bummed that this is coming out now. Just very inconvenient timing due to pokemans and real life going-ons. Will probably get it in early december.

Considering the fact that it's getting a PS4 port and the boon in popularity after p3/4 it would sell great.

I honestly am apprehensive about the fate of turn based RPGs on modern consoles. I think it will sell fine, but I kinda doubt it will sell as well as Atlus wants. Perhaps I'm being overly paranoid. Hope I am.

Takao

Banned
Dragon's Crown and Conception 2 are also published by Atlus, so it's not exactly too bleak.

Conception 2 is only an Atlus game in the west. It was funded, developed and published by Spike Chunsoft in Japan. If you include their localizations and western indie games, Atlus' Vita lineup isn't as bad, but not something really worth noting. From Atlus JP, it's still Dragon's Crown and P4G.

Remember SMTXFE is a thing? and how long did it wait to update on the 3DS DS2 port?

I'd be surprised if SMTxFE is mostly developed by Atlus and not Intelligent Systems. If they're so strapped for staff, they shouldn't be devoting them to platforms like Wii U. While I know I'm advocating them making games on a platform no better in sales, at least you'll be able to count the total amount of RPGs on Vita with more than one hand.

While 3DS2 was hilariously delayed, it's not like their lineup on the platform completely fell apart.

Even if DAN is outsourced.... Dingo is a competent dev.....

If that were true, DAN would've likely already been released by now. There's a reason why Atlus has taken development internal.

Top Bottom