• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | November 2014

Shizuka

What would we talk about on a PSN news topic? PSN games, meaning DD-only games? Wouldn't it be better if it was a Playstation news topic, if we can't have a Vita topic?

TOTP: Buy Project Diva 2nd tomorrow.

ZeroAKA

What would we talk about on a PSN news topic? PSN games, meaning DD-only games? Wouldn't it be better if it was a Playstation news topic, if we can't have a Vita topic?

TOTP: Buy Project Diva 2nd tomorrow.
Go check out the Steam news thread. Basically, only use the topic to post store updates and maybe less important news that don't deserve their own threads, and keep discussions in this thread so that people can easily browse through news without having to deal with the random stuff that goes on here.

I'm still not sure if the news thread is necessary though. It's easy enough to keep track of PSN news since PSN only updates once a week, and bigger releases/sales already get their own topics. The only benefit I can see is that more people would notice this thread.

ecurbj

Buying Diva tomorrow, just 'cause it's a Vita game.

Not having a PS4 & LBP3 is hittin' me in the nuts right now, guys.
I got my preorder for Diva secured. I might pick it up tonight at the GTA V and Far Cry launch. Not sure.

Also Ninja, about the Euro Minecraft release.
The cartridge works on the Vita. But your going to get a code that is for the PS3 version, but thanks to cross-buy, it gives you the Vita version too. So you get 2 Vita versions and a PS3 version for the one price.

Saw this on Reddit.

oBGtvTq.jpg

Though here at home (US) you don't get the cartridge, you only get the voucher code, so it's 1 Vita and 1 PS3 version as you already know.

Enjoy, bud.

I got my preorder for Diva secured. I might pick it up tonight at the GTA V and Far Cry launch. Not sure.

Also Ninja, about the Euro Minecraft release.
The cartridge works on the Vita. But your going to get a code that is for the PS3 version, but thanks to cross-buy, it gives you the Vita version too. So you get 2 Vita versions and a PS3 version for the one price.

Saw this on Reddit.

oBGtvTq.jpg

Though here at home (US) you don't get the cartridge, you only get the voucher code, so it's 1 Vita and 1 PS3 version as you already know.

Enjoy, bud.

Thanks for letting me know. That code will only redeem on an EU PSN account, but it's no biggie. It is a drawback for importing even though Vita isn't region locked. If Vita was built to support multiple account switching like PS3/4 do, it would be less of an issue.

Either way, I like physical regardless.

It shipped today and I signed my lease for my new place earlier (sogood.gif). Sketchy about having to go get packages at the office, though.

Apparently I have VLR in my PS+ collection.

I'm almost done P3P, I kind of want to play Danganronpa but maybe I should play VLR first, until DR goes on sale. Yay/nay?

v1perz53

Go check out the Steam news thread. Basically, only use the topic to post store updates and maybe less important news that don't deserve their own threads, and keep discussions in this thread so that people can easily browse through news without having to deal with the random stuff that goes on here.

I'm still not sure if the news thread is necessary though. It's easy enough to keep track of PSN news since PSN only updates once a week, and bigger releases/sales already get their own topics. The only benefit I can see is that more people would notice this thread.

Yea, when I was thinking about it what I could see as a benefit (if it was allowed within the rules) would be to post sales, and frequently post something like "if you are curious about the games talked about in this sale post or want to discuss them, go here" and link to this thread. But again, not sure if this would be helpful or even allowed, but I don't see much point to a sale thread unless it somehow leads back here for discussion.

Anyway, question about the new Project Diva, is it just a further iteration of the game with new songs and analog control scheme, or is it more than that like Theatrhythm: CC was? The former is still fine with me, would just help me decide whether to buy Miku tomorrow or once I finally finish the songs from the first game.

Ventara

Some pretty good deals on Play-Asia

Final Fantasy X/X-2 $19.99

Drakengard 3 $19.99

Though it seems they've changed they're shipping policy. It used to be free if you combined your items to total more than $25. Now it seems like if there are any items below $25, you'll have to pay.

Hypron

Hey guys, I have a quick question about PS+. My 14 days trial on my NZ account just ran out. If I get a new PS+ subscription on my US account (which would save me about $30/year), will I be able to play to carry on playing The Binding of Isaac on my NZ account and keep my saves (I didn't buy the game, I just got it from PS+)?

Cheers :)

KalBalboa

Banned
Holy shit, You Don't Know Jack hits PS4 tomorrow?

Beat Persona 4 Golden tonight. 61% of the trophies, too. Might put it to bed for Freedom Wars and Sly Collection.

cjp

I'm confused. I just went into PS4 streaming for the first time since launch.

Is there no longer a way to display comments on screen while playing? I can only view them by going into broadcast settings.

What happened to displaying them on the bottom or on the right?

Edit: Nvm, I'm a moron.

Hi VitaGAF,

My Vita was stolen.

3G Vita. Project Diva Limited Edition.
Along with my copy of Project Diva F 2nd (JP)
And 64GB memory card.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Hi VitaGAF,

My Vita was stolen.

And 64GB memory card.
Man that's the worst, not just the memory card but being a limited edition Vita too.

On the bright side you didn't lose all your digital games as you would have on a 3DS and IIRC you have PS+ so your saves may be recoverable. Make sure to deactivate the system from your account online as well if you haven't already.

Man, sounds painful :O

It is.

Man that's the worst, not just the memory card but being a limited edition Vita too.

On the bright side you didn't lose all your digital games as you would have on a 3DS and IIRC you have PS+ so your saves may be recoverable. Make sure to deactivate the system from your account online as well if you haven't already.

I don't think had my Vita upload my saves to the clouds since my relationship with PS+ is on/off. Last time I backed up my Vita was when I switched from 4gB to 64GB. LOL

I wish I lost the english ver Shinovi Versus instead. (Only bought it for the book, and goddamn, I'm having a hard time selling it.)

I haven't deactivated my Vita yet.

It has no credit card (though there is 8000++ yen balance) and purchase is password protected. And is on a Japanese account. I live in a country that can't read Japones. Currently trying to decide on what to do.

Didn't some guy try to locate his Vita via GPS or whatever? What happened to him?

Due to this, I'm no longer going to buy both Limited Editions of Estival Versus, though. And Dekamori Shinovi double pack (which would have been my 3rd Shinovi Versus copy >_>).

Damn I'd be losing my shit. Not just because I wouldn't be able to play on the Vita anymore, but also because of the money that all that cost. How did it get stolen, did you carry it with you somewhere?

delSai

This new D3 Game for Ps3 and 4 looks kinda cool. Doubt it's coming to the West though :( There're also some SNK Ps2 Games coming to Ps3, dope.

Is the $20 Terraria Limited Time Bundle the PS4 and the Vita versions?

If I wait until the bundle is over will the price of the PS4 version stay at $20 or will it drop to $15 like the PS3 and Vita versions?

SerTapTap

Retro City Rampage DX (got the PC voucher code for buying the PS4 disk) seems significantly better (though perhaps not worth replaying if you already finished but didn't love it). Even by the end of the first mission I noticed some added references and funny stuff, and there's some general gameplay improvements as well.

It's not the biggest improvement I've ever seen, but it's definitely a "definitive" version and I'd generally recommend it as some dumb fun with lots of retro and indie game references. If you missed the 80s/90s I'm sure it holds a lot less value though, IMO humor/references are about half the value. Also it's a very Vita-friendly file size.

Unrelated, finally tried Pix The Cat's versus multiplayer mode and Sportsfriends--both are a ton of fun! IMO on part with but more accessible than Towerfall (but also with lower skill ceilings). Is Joust in Sportsfriends fun? I don't have 2 Moves so I passed on that one. It also sounds like a good way to break everything in the vicinity of your couch.

Thanks for letting me know. That code will only redeem on an EU PSN account, but it's no biggie. It is a drawback for importing even though Vita isn't region locked. If Vita was built to support multiple account switching like PS3/4 do, it would be less of an issue.

Either way, I like physical regardless.

It shipped today and I signed my lease for my new place earlier (sogood.gif). Sketchy about having to go get packages at the office, though.

Voucher is for PS3 anyway, right? Multiple accounts arent' a problem on there, unsure about cross save though, might not work

Hi VitaGAF,

My Vita was stolen.

And 64GB memory card.

that suuuucks

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
It has no credit card (though there is 8000++ yen balance) and purchase is password protected. And is on a Japanese account. I live in a country that can't read Japones. Currently trying to decide on what to do.
For thieves who only steal for the purpose of reselling for profit I always wonder if they ever just go "WTF is this" when they steal consoles/games from importers and realize they can't sell it on the streets.

I would probably order a new one within a day
Same, Vita has been my primary console for over a year now and I've bought too many games/have too huge of a backlog to just stop cold if something happened to it.

That case is for the oled model and won't fit your Vita

Top Bottom