• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Game of the Year 2014

Bit of a shortlist here as it was a damn good year for PS+ games.

Don't Starve - PS4( also ported to Vita later in the year which was cross buy)
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time - PS3/Vita
Hotline Miami - PS3/Vita
Stick it to the Man - PS4
Muramasa Rebirth - Vita
Everybody's Golf - Vita
Velocity 2X - PS4/Vita
TxK - Vita

Dust An Elysian Tale - PS4
Spelunky - PS4/PS3/Vita
Pix the Cat - PS4/Vita
Binding of Isaac Rebirth - PS4/Vita
Luftrausers - PS3/Vita

Bolded are my top 3.
SittM was insanely good, didn't expect that at all and made me a fan of the studio for life.
Velocity 2X lived up to the hype and then some. Awesome follow up to an awesome game, this studio is going to be huge.
TxK was pure perfection of the genre. Perfect game for the pick up and play Vita too. Tons of depth.

cakely

Neither do I. I thought the game looked like ass before I downloaded it, but like everything on plus I gave it a try.

Its a slow 2d shooter that wont allow you to shoot diagonally. the fuck? Easily the most overhyped PS+ release this year. Would a prefered a PS1 classic over it.

Every time a BOI thread comes up you make this crystal clear. We get it.

EDIT: You can make your bullets move diagonally by giving them "intertia" by moving Issac while shooting. Not that you care.

Honome

My votes are for plataform:

PS4: Binding of Isaac : Rebirth.

PS3: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

Vita: Dragon's Crown

Meia

Would love to give it to Binding of Isaac Rebirth, but the game is largely unplayable on the Vita due to how stupidly dark it is. I'd give it to Dragon's Crown instead.

Would love to give it to Binding of Isaac Rebirth, but the game is largely unplayable on the Vita due to how stupidly dark it is. I'd give it to Dragon's Crown instead.

I've been playing it on my Vita without any issues. I just have to turn up the brightness if I get a Curse of Darkness. I have the new Vita model if that makes a difference.

Menaged

I havn't got the chance to play most of these games, but I'd still like to show my deep appreciation for Towerfall Ascension.
I've played countless hours with a friend until we finished the game on Hardcore. I anxiously await for the DLC.

DMC, that game was the first Devil May Cry game that I played. It was absolutely amazing gameplay wise and it has one of the coolest OST I've heard in a long time. I understand why people hated it because they betrayed the core fans, but no one can deny that the gameplay was addictive, deep and responsive. I want to play it again with the new difficulty mode, I heard it changes up the boss/enemy attacks and soundtrack too???

DrZeus

Spelunky for me. I haven't played nearly enough of these games to truly judge the list as a whole. Once I get done with my physical ps3 backlog I'll get back to enjoying these dozens and dozens of gems.

Armaly

What got me to join PS+ this year was Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. Loved that game on the PSP and I had recently purchased my Vita.

bebop242

Pix the motherfucking Cat embodies what makes PS+ awesome to me, exposure to an awesome game that I would have never experienced if it wasn't for the service.

oggob

Velocity 2x

I would have been there on day one to buy it, but to have it given away on PS+ was incredible.

There are so many other games that I haven't played yet though that possible I'd say could beat it... I'm seriously scared to play Binding Of Isaac, as I feel my life would be over just playing that. Once I finish Hatsune Miku : Project Diva f 2nd, I'll start it...

ZeroX03

Banned
Arkham Asylum is the best game on that list but I played it years ago. So I suppose my vote goes to Strider, the only PS+ game I played to completion. This year has been awful value for my PS+.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth

Most of the PS4 stuff was bad this year. Dust, Binding of Isaac, Steamworld, Strider (Already owned, though), and Stick it to the Man were the only really good ones, in my opinion. Vita got Muramasa and Dragon's Crown, which is nice, but there are still a bunch of retail titles that I want from Vita, despite other people saying the opposite. PS3 seems to be getting worse and worse...

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
luftrausers-logo-614-350.png

ptuck874

Neither do I. I thought the game looked like ass before I downloaded it, but like everything on plus I gave it a try.

Its a slow 2d shooter that wont allow you to shoot diagonally. the fuck? Easily the most overhyped PS+ release this year. Would a prefered a PS1 classic over it.

I agree with you 100 %, tried first with the ps4, thought the vita might be a better fit (a lot of the indies seem to work real well on it), but man, the hype is terrible.. maybe because of the "edgy religious" theme of the whole thing, but I didn't get it either....

but on the topic at hand....
Tomb Raider ps3, was not expecting that to be that good....
Steamworld Dig - PS4/Vita - didnt do it for me on ps4, but vita was really fun

Olli128

Wow I didn't finish a single one of these games. I guess I'll choose Sly Cooper as it was quite different from anything I'd played for a long time although only got to the tiger boss and gave up after the first defeat because I was losing interest I did enjoy it. PS plus has been kind of a waste for me except for online multiplayer and I own all three systems.

Not counting games I already owned like Borderlands 2 and Spelunky as they provided no value for me.

QaaQer

Borderlands 2.

I would have said Binding of Isaac if
I hadn't started using the cross save feature as a cheat mode. It totally ruins the game when you can save spam. And Yes, I'm weak.

kyser73

Velocity 2x on the PS4

Brothers on PS3

TBF tho there's a ton of titles on there I still have sitting on the HDD I'm still yet to play.

Top Bottom