• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Plus Thread: Plus What? PLUS EVERYTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joni

and if i dont play them until the due date, i will need to download again or it will update automatically?

They should update when you play them again after the date. I can't confirm it though as I'm still on my first subscription.

f@luS

More than a member.
ok. Just tried VF5 , one arcade game and it still say 2012. Guess will have to wait few days then to update

thanks guys

too many games to play.... ! Will do Dead space 2 with my HMZ-T1 should be quite the experience

Jomjom

Banned
I saw a post on the Square-Enix site that Just Cause 2 was going to be offered for PS+ for a limited time. Wasn't this already one of the games offered at the outset of the "instant game library" thing?

Joni

I saw a post on the Square-Enix site that Just Cause 2 was going to be offered for PS+ for a limited time. Wasn't this already one of the games offered at the outset of the "instant game library" thing?

The US had it since E3, we got it now.

KalBalboa

Banned
ok. Just tried VF5 , one arcade game and it still say 2012. Guess will have to wait few days then to update

thanks guys

too many games to play.... ! Will do Dead space 2 with my HMZ-T1 should be quite the experience

That sounds like a nightmare waiting to happen.

In a good way.

Andvary

List of Retail PS3 titles on PlayStation Plus since June

Code:
	USA					Europe

LittleBigPlanet2			LittleBigPlanet2	
inFamous 2				inFamous 2
Just Cause 2				Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Saints Row 2				Darksiders
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine		Motorstorm Apocalypse
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One		Deus EX: Human Revolution
					Saints Row 2
					Dead Space 2
					JustCause 2
					Borderlands

Well, gee, those don't count, don'tcha know?

Funny, but there is some truth to this.

Sideways? While not terrible, not exactly great either.

The Walking Dead - Eps 1 & 2 - Now these are good, but honestly, this is nothing more than a glorified demo and they'll be giving away the entire season at some point so ultimately a bit pointless.

Choplifter HD - Yeah.

Outland - Not great, not great at all. I'm sure others will disagree.

Bloodrayne: Betrayal - Well, it's the thought that counts...but maybe not in this case.

Am I forgetting any?

Anyway, now compare this with EU's PSN games...

Lara Croft
Oddworld
Rock of Ages
VF5 (did the US get this?)
Retro/Grade - brand new PSN title

I'm sure there might a few I'm forgetting. Even forgetting retail games, US is getting some Godawful games.

blackflag

The Walking Dead - Eps 1 & 2 - Now these are good, but honestly, this is nothing more than a glorified demo and they'll be giving away the entire season at some point so ultimately a bit pointless.

Choplifter HD - Yeah.

Bloodrayne: Betrayal - Well, it's the thought that counts...but maybe not in this case.

Am I forgetting any?

Lara Croft
Oddworld
Rock of Ages

I'm sure there might a few I'm forgetting. Even forgetting retail games, US is getting some Godawful games.

I will definitely disagree with you about Outland..Awesome game.

US got VF5 and Lara Croft

I will definitely disagree with you about Outland..Awesome game.

US got VF5 and Lara Croft

You wouldn't be alone. I know lots of people loved it, but I couldn't past the insanely repetitive gameplay and general poor quality of the game throughout.

Ah, so counting those, maybe it's not so bad but then you see EU plus getting brand new or fairly recent PSN titles as well as a steady stream of retail games...

I find it somewhat galling that some people *cough, Duffy, cough* say you should be grateful/shouldn't complain.

Hanmik

PLUS MEMBERS - exclusive CounterStr​ike Demo Automatica​lly Overnight

US-Plus members,

If you're not quite sold on the awesome that will be CounterStrike Global Offensive (releasing 8/21 on PSN) just wanted to deliver the message that the PlayStation Store will be sending the CounterStrike Global Offensive timed trial (60 minutes of the full game) to Plus members automatically overnight. As you go to sleep on the evening of 8/20, ensure your Automatic Download settings are turned ON, and that you have the option checked "Download recommended games and videos" in the settings.

This is a special demo and not available in the PlayStation Store; only to Plus members.

XMB > Settings > System Settings > Automatic Updates

Then wake up the morning of 8/21 and check out that awesome CS actionfor yourself. If you like what ya have with the demo, then snag the game that day from the PlayStation Store.

And remember, CSGO is part of PSN PLAY, so the more games from PSN PLAY you buy, the more PS Store credit you get back. Check the PSN PLAY website for more details by clicking here.

- morgan/mochuuu, SCEA PSN Team

http://community.us.playstation.com...ke-Demo-Automatically-Overnight/td-p/37912501

Mad_Ban

UK PS+'er here.

For some reason I don't seem to get pushed content downloaded at all :/ I don't know why it's not doing it. I have the option ticked in the automatic download setting, but not once have I received a piece of pushed content.

Is there some issue I'm not aware of? :(

Found eBay listings that sell bulk one-month PS+ codes at a discount.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300757724359#ht_1701wt_1399
for 12 months

$3.25 a month.

Wondering if I should go for it, or try a less expensive route first.

I already have 2 years with the shared account with my friend, when do cards expire?

What does "us credit card required to be connected to your psn account" mean?

Aso, BloodRayne has nice visuals but the gameplay is mediocre.

PaulLFC

Seems we also know the EU games for September now - from the latest PS Plus update blog comments:

Posted on 16 August, 2012 at 11:12 am by Antares
For september
Brand new game : Double Dragon Neon
Game new to PSN : Machinarium

Posted on 16 August, 2012 at 11:14 am by Ross McGrath
Give the man a cookie, he’s 100% right!

As we already knew, the new game on September 5th is Red Dead Redemption.

Seems we also know the EU games for September now - from the latest PS Plus update blog comments:

Posted on 16 August, 2012 at 11:12 am by Antares
For september
Brand new game : Double Dragon Neon
Game new to PSN : Machinarium

Posted on 16 August, 2012 at 11:14 am by Ross McGrath
Give the man a cookie, he’s 100% right!

As we already knew, the new game on September 5th is Red Dead Redemption.

Those games plus RDR? Where is Retro/Grade?

Sony should somehow link your pre-order to the automatic download queue.

Also, any idea if there are more games that are going to use the "pre-load" function?

Withnail

UK PS+'er here.

For some reason I don't seem to get pushed content downloaded at all :/ I don't know why it's not doing it. I have the option ticked in the automatic download setting, but not once have I received a piece of pushed content.

Is there some issue I'm not aware of? :(

I don't think SCEE use it very often. Might be wrong though as I turned it off anyway.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...

Choplifter HD - Yeah.

Am I forgetting any?

Lara Croft
Oddworld
Rock of Ages

We got VF5 and Lara, we had Rock of Ages previously, and we also got Pac-man CE DX and Renegade Ops, which are both excellent, and Gotham City Impostors, which most people seem to hate sight unseen, but personally I love the shit out of it, my most-played game this year.

HTuran

PS+ EU is one of the best purchases I've ever made. Dead Space 2, Borderlands, Deus Ex, Darksiders, Little Big Planet 2, Just Cause 2, Saints Row 2, MotorStorm Apocalypse and Red Dead Redemption in the space of 3 months.

Insane.

List of Retail PS3 titles on PlayStation Plus since June

Code:
	USA					Europe

LittleBigPlanet2			LittleBigPlanet2	
inFamous 2				inFamous 2
Just Cause 2				Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Saints Row 2				Darksiders
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine		Motorstorm Apocalypse
Ratchet and Clank: All 4 One		Deus EX: Human Revolution
					Saints Row 2
					Dead Space 2
					JustCause 2
					Borderlands
Does PS Plus not exist in Japan? Or is it just horrendous?

Goldrusher

It will be free right? Some gaffers were saying that weeks ago.

Maybe you've read over it:

The current line-up:

...until August 29:
► Rock of Ages

...until September 5:
► Dead Space 2

...until September 12:
► Outland
► Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD

...until October 10:
► Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light
► Saints Row 2

...until November 15:
► Just Cause 2
► Borderlands

...until December 31:
► inFamous 2
► MotorStorm Apocalypse
► LittleBigPlanet 2​

Coming soon:

...August 22:
► Retro/Grade

...in September:
► Machinarium (PS3 + Vita)
► Double Dragon: Neon
► Red Dead Redemption

...in October:
► Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit

...TBA:
► Knytt Underground (PS3 + Vita)
► Big Sky Infinity (PS3 + Vita)​

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The Japan PS+ has been horrible from the start. They didn't even bother giving it a refresh along with NA and EU.

Likely because downloadable games on the whole aren't that big in Japan. Aside from their amazing PS1 collection, there's almost nothing of note on JPSN.

Benedict

Hey Look at this from HUKD!

PS Plus 25% discount on 12 month subscription on 5th September for 2 weeks. Making PS+ £30 rather than £39.99.

Taken from posts 11 & 37 from the blog post

Ross, is the 25% discout on PS+ also going to apply to whoever wants to renew the service or is it just for new subscribers? Does the 12 months stack on what I have left?

Posted on 16 August, 2012 at 11:15 am by Ross McGrath
Hello, yeah that was a little bit ambiguous – 25% off for all purchasers and yes of course, you can stack the 12 months on top of your current subscription.

Posted on 16 August, 2012 at 11:41 am by Ross McGrath
The discount on the 12 month subscription will be available from September 5th, also for two weeks.

Love for EU only so far it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom