• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation State of Play #2 viewing and discussion thread. May 9th 6PM EST 3 PM PST

Cover-SoP2-May19-B.png

NeoGAF unite! Let's watch and discuss the 2nd State of Play for Playstation. Below will be (when updated) the links to view. And then below share our opinions or rage. Sit back for 10 minutes and enjoy the ride.
2ykza0.gif

LINKS
US Youtube

Twitch

Japan Youtube

France Youtube

FAQ

How long will this State of Play be?

10 minutes

Will we hear next gen talk?
Playstation has said no... not this time

Should I be hyped af?
Studies show no negative impact when setting expectations too high

How do I watch?
We will have links in the OP for you(Youtube, Twitch). Feel free to post links that are relevant and I will add them to the OP.

10 minutes seems incredibly short?
That's what she said 🤔

30g3b9.gif

Monster Hunter World Iceborne, 9.6.2019, a Big new ice themed expansion.
Riverbond, this summer . Top down 4 player co op, guest from other games like shovel knight and Raz.
Predator Hunting Grounds. 2020. Online asymmetrical. From Playstation worlwide studios.
Medievil Remake, October 25, it runs like shit(choppy framerate), all hope is lost.
Away, You play as a ...flying squirrel? Lemur? The point is, survive.
New limited edition ps4, its beautiful, steel gray. Iridescent.
New Final Fantasy VII Remake trailer. Teaser of more to come in June.

More to come this year.
Thank you DonF DonF for this summary and NeoGAF for making the thread so enjoyable.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Ratchet & Clank. Calling it now.

PLEASE BE RATCHET & CLANK

10 minutes? Why not just put a trailer on YouTube or something. Wasn't the last one only about VR stuff?

This one is MediEvil remake news (so a release date probably) and a game announcement. Considering how soon after the last video this is, I doubt it's a VR title, they would've just rolled it into that last video. Also makes me think this has to be something fairly meaty for it to (almost) get a video for itself.

Last edited:

demigod

Can't wait, GIVE ME FF7R!!!!!!!!!!

Someone should shop Shu and Cerny's head with Sephiroth and Cloud.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Nah, FF7 remake is way too big for this I think. There's a reason Square have taken Sony's E3 slot. Well, this and Avengers.

D.Final

Banned
Nah, FF7 remake is way too big for this I think. There's a reason Square have taken Sony's E3 slot. Well, this and Avengers.

I think a teaser trailer, like a brief preview of E3 2019, could also happen for FF VII Remake.
(or, at least, according to rumors and previews of some insiders)

xCIM4xb.png

[It seems to be a promotional video]

Zephir

tomba/i remake! a new wild arms! the legend of dragoon remastered! and then, the day after, everything announced for switch as well!

seriously though, I hope something new for ff7 as well

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
What Games Will Be Featured During Sony PlayStation State of Play?
The latest State of Play will be approximately 10 minutes long, and will feature an extended look at MediEvil'santicipated PS4 remake, as well as the introduction to a brand new title and updates on previously announced games. There'll be no information on Sony's next-gen plans, so don't expect any. Strong rumours suggest Final Fantasy VII Remake may put in an appearance.

WHOA! FF VII Remake? No way those rumors are possible.

I'm watching youtubers react to the last State of Play, ooouhff forgot how much they hated it
you guys getting me hyped for nothing huh?

Fbh

FF7 Remake doesn't seem that far fetched.
If it's there I expect a short "Please be exited about E3" type of teaser

FranXico

10 minutes of trailers, one of them expected to be a teaser or reveal. No reason to blow this out of proportion. Come on, people.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
10 minutes = 10 mega announcements

Bet on it
I dunno - I'd rather see more than 60 seconds of something like Final Fantasy VII. Especially if it's cut short because they wanted to give equal time to something like Concrete Genie or Dreams again.

Verdanth

Guys lets be serious.

MS just teased something related with GoT to... reveal two digital consoles designed with the show in mind.

So for this it will be Sony being Sony and just doing some shit on the same level.

Dont hype about it.

Last edited:
Guys lets be serious.

MS just teased something related with GoT to... reveal two digital consoles designed with the show in mind.

So for this it will be Sony being Sony and just doing some shit on the same level.

Dont hype about it.
this is Sony's second Nintendo Direct. You can't stop the hype choo choo train.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Do you think it's going to be PS exclusive again?

Nah fam. No way. I imagine Capcom will lost over $50 million if this game never comes out, so no way Sony can afford or would want to pay for that exclusive contract given the history of this game's development.

Top Bottom