• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 02/02/09 - 02/05/09

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
This is taking Forever. I think the person that updates the network has diarrhea or something.

BeeDog

I'll just quote myself (from the official thread) regarding the Party add-on for Burnout Paradise:

Just bought the party pack, and since it was so late at night, I decided to try it out. Can't really recommend it, since:

1) the interface is pretty cumbersome, even if it's simple. For example, on some speed races, there are occasional checkpoints throughout, but they only show the time you pass by, not any comparison time compared to the best party player. Also, there's no ranking until the end of a round, for good or bad. A better HUD that really pronounces the point difference during the race/activity itself would've been good. These points aren't really major, but the second one is...

2) the complete lack of difficulty or incentive to do extra well in challenges. As an example, one of the challenges I got was to do a barrel roll off the ramp at the beach. The problem is, the car is placed STRAIGHT in front of the ramp, so all you have to do is push down the gas, boost and you'll nail the barrel roll with 100% security. Sure, you can try to get a double barrel roll, but it takes time and with the risk of losing the round, the incentive is pretty bad. Another example of a challenge was to jump off the ramp near the dam. Again you're pretty much placed in front of the ramp, and it's practically impossible to fail this. And afaik, there's no bonus if you try to do anything more extravagant. Generally, the challenges I've tried so far are prett unexiting.

Well, the party pack is good for whoring some extremely easy trophies/achievement points, but from what I've played, it would not be the most fun party mode around.

Foil

Windu said:
This is taking Forever. I think the monkey that updates the network has diarrhea or something.

phone-703498.jpg

Core407

Banned
the 3 on 3 demo has been on the EU store since KZ2 demo. I'll be pretty damn pissed if the MLB 09 demo doesn't hit tonight, though...

Core407 said:
the 3 on 3 demo has been on the EU store since KZ2 demo. I'll be pretty damn pissed if the MLB 09 demo doesn't hit tonight, though...

MLB 08 was my game of the year so I'm pretty stoked for the 09 demo. I must have it - tonight!

Baha

8PM-9PM is the new 5PM EST US PSN store update as far as I'm concerned. It's been getting updated at a much later time this past month.

Baha said:
8PM-9PM is the new 5PM EST US PSN store update as far as I'm concerned. It's been getting updated at a much later time this past month.

yeah. I've been curving it toward 6-7pm lately and not even bothering with it come 5pm.

Phantasy Star Portable psp demo is up as well. and some other junk.

US PSN store.

for HSG fans. the dinosaur park course is up as well for $4.99 ;o

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Downloadable Games

3 on 3 NHL Arcade ($9.99)
EA SPORTS welcomes you to the fast paced world of arcade hockey. From the same team that brought you NHL 09 comes a 3 on 3 experience that throws conventional hockey, and its rules, out the window. Choose from 40 of the NHL’s top players and bring them into this no rules hockey game where big heads and big hits rule the day. With loads of power-ups falling on the ice to the ability to level a guy clear out of the rink, this is definitely not your typical simulation. This full version of the game offers online play, achievements, leaderboard tracking, and more features that will have you coming back for more.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 188 MB

Burnout Paradise - The Ultimate Bundle ($29.99)
Get the full version of Burnout Paradise - 2008’s Racing Game of the Year - and get the brand new Pass the Pad Party Pack as well. Paradise City is the ultimate driving playground, set in a vast open-world, filled with gameplay that will push your driving and riding skills to the limit.
ESRB Rated E10
File size: 3.25 GB
Add-on Game Content

Burnout Paradise Party ($9.99)
Want to play Burnout Paradise at home with your friends in some offline multiplayer action? Burnout Paradise Party introduces fun, quick-fire challenges around Paradise City that can be played by 2-8 players of all skill levels.
File size: 100 KB

High Velocity Bowling: Dwayne ($0.99)
It’s time to bowl – High Velocity style! Add Dwayne Harper to your High Velocity Bowling roster. It ain’t easy being a gangsta thug bowla, but Dwyane manages by combining good aim and power for an awesome shot. Download includes Dwayne’s special Urban Assault ball, plus the new Inner City Alley lane, set in a back alley of a major city with unique audio.
File size: 48 MB

High Velocity Bowling: Candy ($0.99)
It’s time to bowl – High Velocity style! Add Candy Lincoln to your High Velocity Bowling roster. Candy’s a clash of old school and new tattoos. Her aim is great, but her ball is a bit too heavy for her. Download includes Candy’s special Candied Cherries ball, plus the new Jumpin’ Joe’s Diner lane, with a rockin’ retro atmosphere and unique audio.
File size: 42 MB

Hot Shots Golf New Course ($4.99)
Download the new Golfasaurus-Rex B.C.C. course now available for play in Hot Shots Golf Out Of Bounds. Take your favorite players and caddies and tee it up on this new, beautifully designed course and see if you have what it takes your game to a new level of play.

LittleBigPlanet Valentine’s Day Mini-Pack ($2.99)
New costumes and stickers to spread some love in LittleBigPlanet!
File size: 1.04 MB

NARUTO: Ultimate Ninja STORM Pack 8 (free)
Download Storm Pack 8 and unleash the legendary Sound Ninja Kidoumaru as your support character in battle. The Storm Pack 8 also contains new Ultimate Mission to engage!

Rock Band
Build your Rock Band library by purchasing these song game tracks. For song credits, visit www.RockBand.com.

* “Cowboy Song (Live)” - Thin Lizzy ($1.99)
* “Jailbreak (Live)” - Thin Lizzy ($1.99)
* “The Boys Are Back in Town (Live)” - Thin Lizzy ($1.99)
* Thin Lizzy Track Pack 01 ($5.49) - Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track pack: Thin Lizzy Pack 01. This pack includes: “The Boys Are Back in Town (Live) (Live),” “Cowboy Song (Live),” and “Jailbreak (Live)” by Thin Lizzy.
* “Precious” - The Pretenders ($1.99)
* “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” - Pat Benetar ($1.99)
* “Don’t Tell Me” - Nikko ($0.99)
* “Break My Heart” - Nikko ($0.99)

File sizes: 21 MB - 36 MB (singles), 101 MB (track pack)

Guitar Hero World Tour
For all song credits please visit www.guitarhero.com.

* “Gimme All Your Lovin’” as made famous by ZZ Top, covered by Wavegroup ($1.99)
* “Commotion” by Creedence Clearwater Revival ($1.99)
* “Black Betty” as made famous by Ram Jam, covered by Wavegroup ($1.99)
* Southern Rock Track Pack ($5.49) - Downloadable Track Pack for Guitar Hero World Tour featuring “Commotion” by Creedence Clearwater Revival, “Black Betty” as made famous by Ram Jam, covered by Wavegroup, and “Gimme All Your Lovin’” as made famous by ZZ Top, covered by Wavegroup.

File sizes: 27 MB - 41 MB (singles), 106 MB (track pack)
Game Demos (free)

MLB 09 The Show Demo
In ‘08, ESPN called the the game “the most realistic baseball game ever created” and IGN dubbed it Sports Game Of The Year. If you’re a baseball fan, you owe it to yourself to get hands-on experience with the MLB 09 The Show. See for yourself why Nothing Gets You Closer. For more details, visit www.MLB09TheShow.com.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 1.56 GB

3 on 3 NHL Arcade Trial
EA SPORTS welcomes you to the fast paced world of arcade hockey. From the same team that brought you NHL 09 comes a 3 on 3 experience that throws conventional hockey, and its rules, out the window. This trial version of the game lets you get a taste of the power-ups, NHL stars, and outrageous gameplay that is definitely not your typical simulation experience.
ESRB Rated E
File size: 188 MB
Continue reading…

anddo0

Killzone 2, MLB: The and Phantasy Star Portable demos all in the same day:D

Too bad Qore is next week, was looking forward to that.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
eznark said:
God damn...why are my PS3 downloads so damn slow. Woe is me, woe is me.
Yeah mine is going at less than 1 MB per second. So fucking sloowww.

Remy

Sony said:
EA SPORTS welcomes you to the fast paced world of arcade hockey. From the same team that brought you NHL 09 comes a 3 on 3 experience that throws conventional hockey, and its rules, out the window. Choose from 40 of the NHL’s top players and bring them into this no rules hockey game where big heads and big hits rule the day. With loads of power-ups falling on the ice to the ability to level a guy clear out of the rink, this is definitely not your typical simulation. This full version of the game offers online play, achievements, leaderboard tracking, and more features that will have you coming back for more.

buzzerguy.gif

Flunkie

Banned
My Killzone demo finished downloading, from Europe, in less than 30 minutes, and I'm in Southern Illinois. I used to be you guys.. but then I switched back to ethernet from wireless, and that made my download speeds increase exponentially.

the PS Blog said the LBP Valentine's stuff would be free yesterday.

weak.

New Hot Shots courses are always welcome though. Impressions?

drmcclin said:

weak.

deep in the jungle
there's lots of trees and awesome
it's kicking my ass.

Chris R

drmcclin said:

weak.

If the course is ANYTHING like the PSP dino courses, I'd pass. They are just dickishly hard because they can be. Not even remotely fun.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Jebus, how long do we have to wait for more downloadable PSP games? (US user, obviously. Stupid SCEE appears to have its butt in gear for once...)

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
jvm said:
Jebus, how long do we have to wait for more downloadable PSP games? (US user, obviously. Stupid SCEE appears to have its butt in gear for once...)

/SCEA laughs.

Top Bottom