• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 02/02/09 - 02/05/09

Yeah PSP downloadable games and PS1 games are something that SCEA doesn't do, I guess they don't want to make easy money like that.

dfyb

Banned
i bought and enjoy 3v3 hockey, but a couple questions...

can you not play 3v3 human players online? seems like you may be able to have 3 local vs 3 local, but not 3 online vs 3 online...

also, why do i suck so bad? against the CPU on EASY i just lost 8 to 20. i had more total shots on goal, over twice as many one-timers, and lots more hits/powerups. i must be missing something that was introduced in modern hockey games -- last time i really played one was n64 days.

kassatsu

Banned
OP finally updated!

dfyb said:
also, why do i suck so bad? against the CPU on EASY i just lost 8 to 20. i had more total shots on goal, over twice as many one-timers, and lots more hits/powerups. i must be missing something that was introduced in modern hockey games -- last time i really played one was n64 days.
Are you using Skill Stick or Buttons?

kassatsu

Banned
dfyb said:
buttons... i just found the skill stick controls. are the button controls basically worthless?
I like the stick better than buttons, but I play a lot of nhl09. Would probably be easier for you to use the buttons though, since you haven't played a hockey game for a while.

Very close to buying 3 vs 3 as I really enjoyed the demo. Any more impressions? Is the full game worth it? Tournaments, season mode, roster changes etc?

Baker

Banned
drmcclin said:
New Hot Shots courses are always welcome though. Impressions?

It's pretty hard, but even though I haven't really played much since last summer, I still finished -3. It's basically just a bunch of precise "island" shots. It looks pretty and it was fun.

HOWEVER

The course is called Golfasaurus Rex. The select screen shows a Tyrannosaurus. I did not see one fucking tyrannosaurus in the 18 holes though.

What there were:
- Compsognathus
- Triceratops
- Pachycephalosaur
- Stegasaurus
- Pterodactyls (they cast awesome shadows over the green)
- Plesiosaur (that clapped for you in the water when you made a good shot over it)
- Brachiosaurus

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

M3wThr33

Banned
Ugh. Low on HDD space. And I'm not uninstall gamedata for Rock Band. (That's only 10GB) Or anything else.

Time to order a new hard drive.

Gibb

dfyb said:
i bought and enjoy 3v3 hockey, but a couple questions...

can you not play 3v3 human players online? seems like you may be able to have 3 local vs 3 local, but not 3 online vs 3 online...

Strange...

This full version of the game offers online play, achievements, leaderboard tracking, and more features that will have you coming back for more.

Can anyone check this? I wanted to buy this for the online play.. =/

Gibb

Could someone who picked up NHL 3 vs 3 confirm wether or not it has online 3 vs 3
play? It should, but dfyb mentioned it doesn't?

AranhaHunter said:
Yeah PSP downloadable games and PS1 games are something that SCEA doesn't do, I guess they don't want to make easy money like that.
I said it in another thread about SCEA, one reason there aren't many PSP downloadable games is because the retailer situation in NA. Many would probably want downloadable PSP games for a cheap price, but the problem is as long as some retailer somewhere is still carrying the games, SCEA cannot price lower than them (which explains the higher prices on them). Pricing lower than retailers gets them angry because they are there to sell your products. That's one reason movie store prices are the way they are because they cannot price lower than most retail stores. It's just there to give some an extra option. Someone at SCE (I believe it was Eric Lempel) who stated this when asked about putting more downloadable PSP games and PS2 games one day (he said it's a very sensitive issue when it comes to retailers). That's one reason why you don't see Siren: Blood Curse or R&C: QFB in NA on a disc because SCEA would have to charge the same price as in retail (and would make less $$ due to retailer loyalty and shipping). If SCEA raised the price so they could make the money they want in retail for both, the price of the two would have to go up on PSN so they aren't trying to price lower than retailers. SCEA would probably like to go to a low fixed pricing of $9.99 or $14.99 and release most PSP games in the store, but they can't if some retailers are still selling a game for $19.99 (Japan and Europe, it isn't much of an issue).

Anyway, downloaded MLB09: The Show and 3 on 3 NHL Arcade. Enjoyed MLB09. NHL Arcade was all right. Also download PS Portable, but will play later.

PuMa

Baker said:
It's pretty hard, but even though I haven't really played much since last summer, I still finished -3. It's basically just a bunch of precise "island" shots. It looks pretty and it was fun.

HOWEVER

The course is called Golfasaurus Rex. The select screen shows a Tyrannosaurus. I did not see one fucking tyrannosaurus in the 18 holes though.

What there were:
- Compsognathus
- Triceratops
- Pachycephalosaur
- Stegasaurus
- Pterodactyls (they cast awesome shadows over the green)
- Plesiosaur (that clapped for you in the water when you made a good shot over it)
- Brachiosaurus

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

LOL. Thanks for the lesson on dinosaurs Baker. :D
Picking it up today, so I'll see you on the links!

test_account

XP-39C²
Goldrusher said:
Every country has it's own store. Some even have multiple, for different languages.
Ah ok, cool :) I mean i have heard something about that, that some stuff were only avalible (atleast between the European PS stores) at the UK PS Store at first before it was later avalible on other european PS Stores, but i wasnt quite sure so i had to ask :) Thanks for the info! :)

test_account

XP-39C²

thelastword

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
You can give me the code, I will take good care of it. :D
From my experience, Qore doesn't really distribute freebies that way. There's no code that they offer, you just hit the download link in QORE and it takes you to the store, there you check out with a $0.00 tab and the game becomes activated.

If there happens to be a code though, I'll keep you in mind for the prize.

test_account

XP-39C²
DMPrince said:
hope Battle Fantasia will be $19.99 ;o
Ye,i think that would be a nice price :)

EDIT: Play.com have the disc version of Battle Fantasia to £24.99 (which is about 37 US dollars according to www.xe.com), but maybe the PSN version and/or the disc version will be cheaper in the US, if the disc version version gets released in the US. I heard something that Battle Fantasia wasnt going to be released in the US, but seeing Battle Fantasia listed on the ESRB website, maybe the disc version will come to the US afterall :)

kassatsu

Banned
thelastword said:
From my experience, Qore doesn't really distribute freebies that way. There's no code that they offer, you just hit the download link in QORE and it takes you to the store, there you check out with a $0.00 tab and the game becomes activated.

If there happens to be a code though, I'll keep you in mind for the prize.
They are emailing vouchers, read the blog post. SOCOM demo was like this if I remember correctly.

Also for whoever asked, yes there is a Japanese video store bit it is ip locked.

Darkpen

Banned
wow, the mirror's edge theme that's available on the euro store is so much better than that piece of crap theme they tossed out a while back.

edit: can someone please explain what the hell is going on in the yuusha 30 trailer? :lol

Yagharek

I thought it was odd that Lumines wasnt on the Australian store update this week, but it turns out it is listed under the section 'All Games' -> 'Puzzle'

No listing in 'new releases' is strange.

Aru

Dissidia was supposed to be published on the Japanese PSN too. But it's still not there.

Any news ?

Top Bottom