• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 02/02/09 - 02/05/09

I'm starting to regret buying NHL 3 on 3.

What is so frustrating about this game (playing on medium) is the complete lack of scoring on one timers. They almost seem useless in the game. Not to mention that the receiving player on a one timer fans on the shot more often than not.

It would also be nice to pick and choose the powerups that go into the game. I'd take out mini goalie in a heartbeat. Hell, all the powerups seem rather uselss to tell you the truth. I had powershot standing right in front of a mini goalie and he still managed to jump up and grab it. Powershots score goals just about as often as a regular shot... why bother having it in the game - For effect?

It's a nice try but I think this should have gone through a bit more playtesting to make the powerups feel a little more balanced. I know you can play with them off but, really, what would be the point of that.

No 3 vs. 3 with all online players is a big oversight as well.

decon

Gibb said:
Could someone who picked up NHL 3 vs 3 confirm wether or not it has online 3 vs 3
play? It should, but dfyb mentioned it doesn't?
You can play 3v3 local, and 3(local) vs. 3(local) online. No 6 player online players online - at least I haven't been able to spot it.

I really like this game (my buddy and I just played it for 2,3 hours straight online :)), but I would like a few more features like more colours for your team and the powerup thing that DoctorWho talks about.

I find it really hard to score though, any tips?

Ashhong

how does 3v3 compare to nhl hitz? i loved playing that on the xbox last generation, and thought that this might be a good replacement. im guessing its not?

Ashhong said:
how does 3v3 compare to nhl hitz? i loved playing that on the xbox last generation, and thought that this might be a good replacement. im guessing its not?

Haven't played NHL Hitz in eons but I don't think this stacks up to it at all from what I can remember it. For $10 this is still pretty bare bones. I was quite surprised that I couldn't at least pick a specific team to take to the ice. I don't need all the players, just a couple of guys from each team with their jerseys. There's no ranking for online and it doesn't even save my basic settings like difficulty level or control type.

decon

DoctorWho said:
Haven't played NHL Hitz in eons but I don't think this stacks up to it at all from what I can remember it. For $10 this is still pretty bare bones. I was quite surprised that I couldn't at least pick a specific team to take to the ice. I don't need all the players, just a couple of guys from each team with their jerseys. There's no ranking for online and it doesn't even save my basic settings like difficulty level or control type.
Rankings? There's leaderboards for all time, monthly and weekly?

decon

Rapping Granny said:
Who wants to share 3 v3 NHL with me? I am offering SF2HD or Wipeout or some others
PJM, SSHD
On that, have you guys heard anything about this sharing being shut down?

Blablurn

Tom Clancy's HAWX Demo is coming this Thursday:

We are glad to confirm that the H.A.W.X demo will be available for download on Xbox LIVE on February 11, 2009 and on the PLAYSTATION network on February 12, 2009. The demo will be also available for Windows-based PCs on February 26, 2009.

Demo key features:

* Co-op enabled for up to 4 players – Jump in/Jump out

* Gain experience points and unlock up to three real, licensed planes in the demo:

F-16A Fighting Falcon
SU-35 Super Flanker
AV-8B Harrier II

* Choose between two different game modes:

Normal – Default control type
Expert – Allows full control over the aircraft in “Assistance Off” mode

* Two heart-pounding missions:

Operation: Off Certification (Training mode)
Learn the skills of an elite pilot in “Assistance Off” mode and pull extreme maneuvers

Operation: Glass Hammer (Rio De Janeiro)
Take flight over GeoEye technology (the world’s best satellite data), and witness Brazil like never before.
Learn to use the Enhanced Reality System in “Assistance On” mode, where your plane’s computer calculates the best interception course for you to follow to attack an enemy, evade a missile or hit a ground target.

Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X will be available on March 5th 2009 for the consoles and on March 12th for PC.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3981007546/m/7681049137

Top Bottom