• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 02/12/09

Zoc

I want to buy Flower tomorrow, but I live in Japan, and it doesn't look like a release date has been announced for the JPN PSN.

What's the easiest way to get this? I have a credit card with a Japanese billing address, or I could use my mother's Canadian card, although I'd rather not.

Do the Canadian, American, or European stores accept Japanese credit card info? Is there any way for me to avoid paying tax from the Canadian store?

Dizzan

MINI Member
Props kassatsu and Goldrusher for putting up the thread early.

Also, is Flower priced yet? Will only pick it up if it's under $15 (AU).

► Rei Cho Aniki (PSP)
○ 24 MB

Oh, wow...I had no idea a Cho Aniki game was being made for PSP - hopefully it's as bizarre, manly & awesome as the Saturn/PSX version.

Also, is it confirmed that Europe will be getting Flower? Or should I start adding funds to my US account?

Finally, goddamnit SCEE - for the love of pancakes, please release the Blast Factor trophy patch that was released on the US store over 2 months ago.

Aru

I'm a bit LTTP, but I just bought Guilty Gear Judgment on the US PSN (the game is 3 times cheaper there than on the EU PSN, IIRC). It's so awesome :D

The combos are easy to pull out, even on a PSP 1000.
For 6$, it's a steal.

Finally, I have a game to try in Adhoc Party.
Anyone interested ?

buffi

Banned
Zoc said:
I want to buy Flower tomorrow, but I live in Japan, and it doesn't look like a release date has been announced for the JPN PSN.

What's the easiest way to get this? I have a credit card with a Japanese billing address, or I could use my mother's Canadian card, although I'd rather not.

Do the Canadian, American, or European stores accept Japanese credit card info? Is there any way for me to avoid paying tax from the Canadian store?

The american store doesn't check billing addresses. I use it all the time from Sweden.

Knify

McBacon said:
Cool, how much is flower? [Edit: I mean, how much will it be]

thatgamecompany.com said:
We got confirmation that the price will be a cool $9.99. That’s waaaaay cheaper than a Valentine’s Day date! So in these economic times, instead of going out to a movie, download the game from the PlayStation Network Store on February 12th, invite the one(s) you love over for the weekend, and enjoy. Source

$9.99 :D

El-Suave

Zoc said:

Flower apparently will release worldwide tomorrow according to a reply I got on the Playstation blog.

Kellee Santiago replied on February 10, 2009 at 4:05 pm

Yes! It will be available worldwide, Feb 12!

So everybody should be able to pick it up.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
F#A#Oo said:
You can download Flower tomorrow? :D

Ok it's almost 5 and I'm confused... Did I miss something? Is the PSN update coming on Wednesday, the 11th? >=|

Edit: @ post above HOLY CRAP YES if true. :O

F#A#Oo

Banned
SnakeXs said:
Ok it's almost 5 and I'm confused... Did I miss something? Is the PSN update coming on Wednesday, the 11th? >=|

Edit: @ post above HOLY CRAP YES if true. :O

SnakeXs
about the same mental capacity as a sea cucumber
(Today, 09:49 AM)
Reply | Quote

F#A#Oo

Banned
SnakeXs said:
Uncalled for. Nobody gave me the memo. >=[

Yeah...I think they only announced it a couple of weeks ago. Though pretty much it was always going to be a January release. We just didn't have confirmation of when. Just like Fat Princess is in March but no one knows when...:D

I'm really looking forward to Flower...I'm going to see if I can get my gf into it this weekend.

tomei

Neiteio said:
Can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeease download the long RE5 trailer off the Japanese PSN, upload it online and share it with me in a PM?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease??

(I tried using the version on GameTrailers and it is NOT PSN quality, even when you download the "HD" version).

Well I uploaded the trailer for you in 720P HD. It took forever though, hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXStfQJy5y8

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
F#A#Oo said:
Yeah...I think they only announced it a couple of weeks ago. Though pretty much it was always going to be a January release. We just didn't have confirmation of when. Just like Fat Princess is in March but no one knows when...:D

I'm really looking forward to Flower...I'm going to see if I can get my gf into it this weekend.

Again, it's late, but.. am I crazy or doesn't PSN normally update on Thursdays, which is when I was expecting it to hit... For it to come tomorrow, on a Wednesday, is strange, and would be a killer surprise.

But yeah, I may be babbling and totally off base and for once the tag may apply. What do I know. :p

faust666

SnakeXs said:
Again, it's late, but.. am I crazy or doesn't PSN normally update on Thursdays, which is when I was expecting it to hit... For it to come tomorrow, on a Wednesday, is strange, and would be a killer surprise.

But yeah, I may be babbling and totally off base and for once the tag may apply. What do I know. :p

Today is Wednesday.

Roxas

SnakeXs said:

Christ man, what planet are you on? (or timezone)

F#A#Oo

Banned
SnakeXs said:

Today is Wednesday... :/

Rolf NB

"HAWX" ... what a terrible choice of name. I just can't get over it. I anticipate much ridicule in the form of "HOAX" and "More like SAWX amirite" up to, in an extreme scenario, "talentless HAX". Why anyone would mar their own creation like this, I just cannot understand.

And weirdly enough, after Endwar I'm almost at the point with anything Tom Clancy where I don't even want to download the demo anymore. I suppose that's irrational, given the wildly different genres.

In addition to current PSN exclusive hits like PixelJunk Eden, PAIN and flOw, you can look forward to several other highly anticipated games such as Flower, Noby Noby Boy, Burn Zombie Burn and The Punisher: No Mercy to name a few. And with these exclusive blockbusters launching on a weekly basis, we’ll offer the best downloadable games lineup around. A few of the titles include:

Flower

Noby Noby Boy

No Gravity

Wheel of Fortune

Burn Zombie Burn

Ragdoll Kung Fu: Fists of Plastic

The Punisher: No Mercy

In addition to these titles, PlayStation Network will also be launching Bomberman Ultra, Celfactor Ignition, Flock, Texas Cheat-em, Diner Dash, Comet Crash, Hammer Fall, Underfire, Watchmen, Worms, Zen Pimball and many more during this timeframe.
Plus the existing blockbuster, exclusive titles already on PlayStation Network such as Crash Commando, Savage Moon, Echochrome, Pixel Junk Eden, PAIN, Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty and more!

PlayStation Store is launching a dedicated “PSN Spring Fever” section featuring games, trailers, and themes available for download with the launch of Flower. And the PlayStation Blog will have weekly posts of developer diaries to show a behind-the-scenes look at some of these great titles.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/02/11/close-out-the-winter-with-psns-spring-fever/

iceatcs

I made for other thread.

I hope none of three will happen on this Thursday update day.

MonkeyUpdate-BrokenButton.gif

Monkey-ScaryToUpdate.gif

Monkey-MoneyhatDelayUpdate.gif

Wait so Noby Noby Boy is next week correct? Along with the launch of SF IV?

And Flower is tomorrow with Bomberman Ultra? This and next week rule for PS3. Flower, Noby Noby, Street Fighter IV Collector's Edition, FEAR 2, Bomberman Ultra, Killzone 2...I'm gonna run out of cash really quickly.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Going to be interesting to see when Flower goes up for us in Australia. Currently the 12th of Feb as I type, but barely noon 11th of Feb for you guys in the U.S.

I wish PSN had a VC-style Hanabi Festival event where they release games that we never got back in the day. I'd love to play Chrono Cross.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Anyone know what the download size is for Flower? My DL speeds are crap (RE5 demo took 5 hours) so I'm deciding whether to brave getting it tomorrow or wait until the rush dies down a bit.

DuckRacer

XxBigP123xX said:
Didn't XBL have something similar during the summer last year?
Kinda yeah. That "summer of arcade" only lasted a month, whereas all the titles mentioned in the blog post will probably be released in the span of three months or something.

I wonder when Fat Princess is being released, though; ever since that Gametrailers walkthough I've been really excited about it. I hope it isn't being delayed to the summer or fall.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
DuckRacer said:
Kinda yeah. That "summer of arcade" only lasted a month, whereas all the titles mentioned in the blog post will probably be released in the span of three months or something.

I wonder when Fat Princess is being released, though; ever since that Gametrailers walkthough I've been really excited about it. I hope it isn't being delayed to the summer or fall.

Well, they differ in another key area, Sony seems to be going for bulk over everything else, The Summer of Arcade was based off the idea that five games had Triple-A drawing prowess and thus a stable should be be formed around that concept. No offense to say Texas Cheat'Em, Flock, Diner Dash, Wheel of Fortune and so on and so forth, but these are mid-carders at best.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
DuckRacer said:

Yeah, it was slated for March. But its exclusion from the Spring article makes me wonder...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
goku3000 said:
NOOO!!!!!!!!! anyone mind to share the gamestop code?? Please!!!!!!!!!
I can send you one trough PM, but right now im at work, can you wait until i get home ?like 3 hours from now.

Top Bottom