• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 02/12/09

Speevy

Banned
I'd bet money that RE1 and 2 will make it out before the end of the year. I also sense a strong possibility that MGS is on its way.

Xenogears? Probably not gonna happen.

kassatsu

Banned
Speevy said:
Yeah, the guy would have probably alerted me by now because I've been playing it quite a bit.

Also, someone needs to take up the task of updating the Japanese PS1 classics game library.

That consolewars.de site stopped doing it around January 10 last month, and I'm getting tired of waiting for them to start up again.

Of course, I can help you decide what's worth buying, but we really need a definitive list.
I have been doing it. I did every game from last year in the 2008 review thread. And I have been keeping track of this year.

2009 PSone GAMES

○ CHAOS BREAK -Episode from "CHAOS HEAT"-
○ Chocobo Racing
○ Farland Story: Yottsu no Fuuin
○ Fish Eyes II
○ G-Police
○ KulaQuest
○ Lunar Wing
○ Monster Farm Jump
○ Pop n Pop
○ Soumatou [Deception III: Dark Delusion]
○ Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Kagaribi ga Kienu Mani
○ Tantei Jinguuji Saburou: Mikan no Rupo

Speevy

Banned
I'm happy to have such a warm welcome.

Let me know if you guys have any questions about the recent additions to my PSN Japanese collection. I'd really like to eliminate the trial and error from choosing a Japanese PS1 classic.

Speevy

Banned
kassatsu said:
I have been doing it. I did every game from last year in the 2008 review thread. And I have been keeping track of this year.

Kudos to you kassatsu. You're just what the PSN community needed, because you always have the anticipation thread before we even start begging for it.

Speevy said:
I'd bet money that RE1 and 2 will make it out before the end of the year. I also sense a strong possibility that MGS is on its way.

Xenogears? Probably not gonna happen.

What makes you think that?

Speevy

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
What makes you think that?

Because Capcom is releasing RE5 this year, they want to continue their Capcom store marketing campaign, and there was some sort of blog post mentioning the original RE if I recall. Also, it's on the Japan and HK store, so Capcom definitely has interest.

MGS is just too obvious, the Japanese one is already on their store, and MGS4 is the highest selling third party exclusive on the PS3.

Kittonwy

Banned
Flowrawr is out this week? Buy.
angry.gif

*sigh* hopefully the Blast Factor trophy patch will be released in Europe today. Blue Point Games submitted the trophy patch to SCEE at the same time as SCEA - the difference being that it was launched in the US near the start of last December and two months+ later European gamers are still waiting. So, I contacted Blue Point to see if they had any info on when it'll be released;

My understanding is that the trophy patch will be released in Europe, although I do not have a date certain. I wish I had more information to share with you, but that's as much as I know. All I can say is keep checking, it *should* be released.

Unfourtunatly they don't have any info and the patch seems to be totally in SCEE's inept hands. Does anyone have some contact info for SCEE so that I might voice my displeasure? I want to play through Blast Factor again, but i've been putting it off until the trophy patch hits.

Aru

I got an e-mail from SCEE that indicates that both iterations of GTA for the PSP are now on the PS Store.

buffi

Banned
Speevy: You might want to add some stuff regarding loading times to you list of psone-games. Most MVS-ports have INSANE loading times between matches.

Money Idol Exchanger is a good example of this, and Metal Slug (1) is pretty much the worst port I've ever played due to all of the added loading. I'm unsure how the Metal Slug X port is, since I haven't played it.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Roxas said:
Not in Europe.

I've been playing the updated patched game since it was released about 2-3 weeks ago. Maybe they released it in the UK early I dunno but the patch was released a few weeks ago.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
F#A#Oo said:
:D It been out for like a month dude...

Btw, since I had to redownload my stuff after getting the new PS3, I noticed the Eden version I redownloaded was already the patched one. When I started it and didn't get prompted to update I was like "awww... the patch aint up YET?!", but then I noticed the new control configuration option.

Is this a first? Every other game I redownloaded had do be patched.

F#A#Oo

Banned
TTP said:
Btw, since I had to redownload my stuff after getting the new PS3, I noticed the Eden version I redownloaded was already the patched one. When I started it and didn't get prompted to update I was like "awww... the patch aint up YET?!", but then I noticed the new control configuration option.

Do you lose trophies if you something happens to your PS3?

TTP said:

Nope, I bought GT5P at launch from the JP store and had to go through horrendous updates to get it patched to Spec III, but when I redownloaded it on my new HDD last weekend it was already the Spec III version.

F#A#Oo said:

If you recover your account on the new system the trophies are tied to it - however, the first time you re-sync your trophies it will have to re-download the trophy data for all the games you recieved trophies for, which takes a while.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
F#A#Oo said:

Nope. Those are stored on the servers so it's all good.

Problem is... I had almost everything unlocked in PJ Eden and needed to ace the last levels to get to 100%. But since my save file is forever gone I'd have to play the thing from scratch to get to where I was before the PS3 YLOD'ed.

So, in a sense, while you don't lose you already earned trophies, you do lose the "about to be earned" ones. (Depending on your willingness to replay the whole thing, of course).

This sucks sooooo much. Sony MUST FIX THIS CRAP. Get rid of the mandatory HDD formatting and link the saves to account rather than the hardware.

UK store's up;

Flower - £6.29
Super Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars - £7.99 (trial available)

Motorstorm Pacific Rift Demo 2.0
Resistance: Retribution Demo (172mb)

LBP Ape Escape Costume - £1.59
LBP Toro Costume - £1.59

NBA Allstar Weekend Gamepack (free)

Flower trailer
Tekken 6 trailer

Pain: Hasslehoff theme
Need for Speed Undercover Theme

Goldrusher

Bootaaay said:

DEMOS

► MotorStorm Pacific Rift (637 MB)
► Super Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (180 MB)

► Resistance Retribution (PSP) (172 MB)

GAMES

► Flower (€7,99 | £6.29)
► Super Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars (€9,99 | £7.99)

ADD-ONS

► Guitar Hero World Tour

○ Acoustic Track Pack (€5,49)
♪ Incubus - “Drive”
♪ The Shins - “New Slang”
♪ Ryan Adams - “Wonderwall” (cover)

○ Southern Rock Track Pack (€5,49)
♪ Creedence Clearwater Revival - “Commotion” (Master Track)
♪ ZZ Top - “Gimme All Your Lovin\’” (Cover)
♪ Ram Jam - “Black Betty” (Cover)

○ Dig Out Your Soul - Oasis (€17,99 or €1,99 per song)

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Ape Escape Costume (€1,99 | £1.59)
○ Toro Costume (€1,99 | £1.59)

► NBA Live 09
○ NBA Allstar Weekend Gamepack (free)

► Rock Band
○ The Fratellis Pack (€3,99 or €1,49 per song)
♪ "Creepin' Up The Backstairs"
♪ "Flathead"
♪ "Henrietta"

VIDEOS

► FIFA 09
○ Inside FIFA Interactive World Cup 09 trailer

► Flower
○ Trailer

► Tekken 6
○ New Year's Trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Need for Speed Undercover - theme
► PAIN - Hasselhoff theme

Xater

Benjamin1981 said:
Is Flower 9,99 Euro ?

I love how the whole game is explained in the xmb.

"Tilt the controller to move and push any button to blow wind. Relax and enjoy!" :lol

Rlan

Australian Flower Price - $12.95

Lumines Supernova IS up now... for the strange price of 17.45. Way to get specific.

Top Bottom