• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 02/12/09

Just finished flower...beautiful game but man do I feel sick, motion sickness at it's worst!
The last stage is brutal...I need to lie down.

Tideas

Banned
Rlan said:
Australian Flower Price - $12.95

Lumines Supernova IS up now... for the strange price of 17.45. Way to get specific.

that's pretty cheap for the AUD Flower. Looking at the exchange rate, Flower in the AUS shoulda been $15

web01

Rlan said:
Australian Flower Price - $12.95

Lumines Supernova IS up now... for the strange price of 17.45. Way to get specific.

Lumines has been up since last week but the day after the normal update.

Erebus

DJmizuhara said:
Just finished flower...beautiful game but man do I feel sick, motion sickness at it's worst!

What? You completed it already? How long did it take you?

Rlan

Not blaming the AUD really, it's all about the company that brings it over. Almost all "$9.99USD" games come out here for 12.95, but all the Capcom and most other 3rd parties release them for $15.95. The $17.45 just gets very specific, but that's not bad considering the US version IS $15USD.

For whoever updates the NeoGAF PSN twitter, how did you get the Flower PSN icon on the twitter before it came out?

Zoe

DJmizuhara said:

Oh no :( :( :( :( :(

DarkUSS said:
What? You completed it already? How long did it take you?
Took me about 55 minutes to complete...I only got 3 trophies(14%) during my playthrough...I don't think I'll be playing it again though.

It started off relaxing and soothing until I got to the final stage...the colors and the movement gave me MASSIVE motion sickness. I've been lying down for the past 30 minutes.

My head is still spinning....I've never felt like this before.

DJmizuhara said:

Sounds Awesome! Cannot wait to pick this up from the NA Store this evening. Those impressions right there got me even more excited.

Gowans

Gowans007 said:
ug I have a new card and PSN wont let me update my card details??!?!?

GAH PSN card info update is still broken, says I need to call tech support? Any help guys?

If not what's the UK no?

GQman2121

Banned
Gowans007 said:
ug I have a new card and PSN wont let me update my card details??!?!?

I just switched banks and have a new card too. Hope I don't run into any problems later tonight when the US monkey pushes the button.

Merino

Damn Sony screwing up the H.A.W.X demo.
I can't believe how often a demo is released 1 to 2 weeks earlier on Xbox Live.

If game and dlc (timed) exclusives weren't enough now we also have to wait systemetically longer on pretty much any damn demo?

Jim

Merino said:
Damn Sony screwing up the H.A.W.X demo.
I can't believe how often a demo is released 1 to 2 weeks earlier on Xbox Live.

If game and dlc (timed) exclusives weren't enough now we also have to wait systemetically longer on pretty much any damn demo?

You do realize there are quite a few demos that are released earlier on the PSN also, right? Games too. EA does it pretty regularly. Also, it's not Sony/MS, it's the publisher more times than not.

Also, I'm shocked some of you people are having motion sickness with Flower. It never even crossed my mind while playing.

Gowans

Angst said:
Look at the last page in any PS3 game's manual. There you'll find phone numbers for customer support in all european countries.

can some one do this for me for the UK, I have no idea where mine is & Google + Sonys Support site fail me.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
AbortedWalrusFetus said:
$5, I believe, and it better have Shinin.

so these would be skins from the original or older games? That'd be cool, I'm pretty new to Lumines but I like it a lot.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Gowans007 said:
can some one do this for me for the UK, I have no idea where mine is & Google + Sonys Support site fail me.

08705 99 88 77

not sure if it's the one, give it a try.

Angst

Gowans007 said:

Not the PS3 manual - any PS3 game. Surely you have some games?

kaleii

Jim said:
Also, I'm shocked some of you people are having motion sickness with Flower. It never even crossed my mind while playing.

Same here. Mind you, I was so busy eating chocolates and stroking my cat with my spare hand that I perhaps managed to outweigh such things :)

jett

D-Member
DJmizuhara said:
Took me about 55 minutes to complete...I only got 3 trophies(14%) during my playthrough...I don't think I'll be playing it again though.

It started off relaxing and soothing until I got to the final stage...the colors and the movement gave me MASSIVE motion sickness. I've been lying down for the past 30 minutes.

55 minutes to complete? Yeah I think I'll be skipping this game.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Motion sickness? Bah. Get yourselves some real guts ladies!

I've fallen in love with Flower, but that's to be expected considering how loud I've blown my trumpet to the tune of the game for the past few months. The 3rd stage blew me away, it was so mesmerizing, and I didn't think it could get any better but I was wrong. The 4th stage decided to up the ante even further, and even did a little Cloud gameplay easter egg! I was grinning from ear to ear when it happened.

I'd really love for people to try this game out, regardless of whether they'd prefer to blow brains or heads off in Killzone 2 or whatever. My girlfriend's sister asked me why I bought Flower if I knew it would be over so soon.. all I said to her it is because of the experience of being able to play it - not the fact that I cannot re-sell the game, nor if I'll be playing it again within 6 months. Those things matter little to me. At least I was personally able to enjoy such a game I've been looking forward to for so long.

Here's to hoping their third effort on PSN will blow me away.

Merino

Jim said:
You do realize there are quite a few demos that are released earlier on the PSN also, right? Games too. EA does it pretty regularly. Also, it's not Sony/MS, it's the publisher more times than not.
Possibly but I can't really remember any game being released first on PSN that I was actually interested in. Unlike the opposite.
And no I'm not a sonyfanbot who wants everything to be on PSN first. All I'm saying is that I'm very surprised that publishers aren't able to just release a demo on both systems in the same week. It can't be that making a demo for the PS3 is so much harder then for the Xbox so it must be something more internal with SCEE and SCEA (which also explains why alot of stuff is released later by SCEE).

But I guess this is just a bad week for my demo-addiction. Still no fricking Empire Total War demo and now also no H.A.W.X. demo to entertain myself with.

kaleii

DJmizuhara said:

I think that's Flowers way of punishing you for not taking the time to appreciate it.

Gowans

RAGE!

So according tho the guy with bad english on the phone.

If you try to enter in your payment details and it fails three times you account payment details are locked and you have to wait 24 hours.

You can set up a new account and use that one but I want everything on one account.

WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT!

Edit: can I get PSN codes for my UK account in shops or online anywhere?

Jim

jett said:
55 minutes to complete? Yeah I think I'll be skipping this game.

There's 5 or 6 hours of gameplay if you take your time and play it without rushing through AND earning Trophies for sure. 14% would mean you've done the absolute bare minimum I'd guess and didn't even unlock anything. Just rush from point A to B and on to the next.

The controls really work best when you play with a smooth flowing motion... that's what they are designed around. There's hardly any twitch motions required, so it's not hard at all.

Also, there's a Flower thread here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14747033

RuGalz

Hmm just noticed the first costume pack for SF4 is up on Jp PSN. 139k file... Sigh, although not unexpected. Guess I am not picking up SF4 at full price.

RuGalz said:
Hmm just noticed the first costume pack for SF4 is up on Jp PSN. 139k file... Sigh, although not unexpected. Guess I am not picking up SF4 at full price.

If that's the plan then try to avoid playing it until you're ready to buy it. Because once you do there's no way you're going to be able avoid picking it up.

GQman2121

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
If that's the plan then try to avoid playing it until you're ready to buy it. Because once you do there's no way you're going to be able avoid picking it up.

I keep telling my self to be strong and stick to my guns........I'm so weak :(

RuGalz

SolidSnakex said:

I've played it in the arcade. I love it but I am not giving in to this EA/Scamco and now Capcom crap. There's hope that Fry's will have it on sale or some where will have 10 dollar off or gc deal...

Speevy

Banned
buffi said:
Money Idol Exchanger is a good example of this, and Metal Slug (1) is pretty much the worst port I've ever played due to all of the added loading. I'm unsure how the Metal Slug X port is, since I haven't played it.

I guess I'm not too picky. I played through most of it, and wasn't really bothered by the loading.

Some games that I noticed have lots of loading:

-The Last Blade
-Street Fighter Alpha (US store)
-Tiny Bullets (but this game also sucks)

I'll have to go back to each one of the games, because I've dealt with loading for so long that I really don't let it bother me.

Goldrusher

RuGalz said:
Some store items are nothing but small patches, which then trigger the actual update when you load the game.

Merino said:
But I guess this is just a bad week for my demo-addiction. Still no fricking Empire Total War demo and now also no H.A.W.X. demo to entertain myself with.
Ubi Soft stated on their twitter page that the PS3 demo has a glitch and needs to be fixed. We will see the demo later. I'm just glad they are going to fix it.

Is Street Fighter HD Remix ever gonna come to Europe?

People are still going to want it but not so badly because of SF IV, Sony Europe (or whoever is responsible) need to do something special to make up for this massively long wait : )

Top Bottom