• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 02/12/09

gogogow

I wished the Lumines Add-on pack worked with the HK/JP version.

Can't believe Sony released Lumines HK/JP version first, but US is getting the DLC first......

Mets39

SolidSnakex said:
Here's the top 10 most downloaded PSN games in January according to Pulse

95oak2.png

It's really too bad there isn't any sales numbers

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
SolidSnakex said:
Here's the top 10 most downloaded PSN games in January according to Pulse

95oak2.png

Hrmmmmm.

Go Magic Ball and Cuboid, both are really good games but i'd say they are so high because of relativly easy trophies.

Goldrusher

GAMES

► Flower ($9.99)

ADD-ONS

► Disgaea 3
○ Disgaea 2 Sacrebleu Set with Free Theme! ($5.99 or separate)
- Priere ($1.99)
- Tink ($1.99)
- Yukimaru ($1.99)

► Lumines Supernova
○ Classic Pack ($4.99)

► NBA Live 09
○ All Star Weekend (free)

► Rock Band
○ The Fratellis Pack 01 ($5.49 or separate)
♪ “Creepin’ Up the Backstairs” ($1.99)
♪ “Flathead” ($1.99)
♪ “Henrietta” ($1.99)

► Guitar Hero World Tour
○ Acoustic Track Pack ($5.49 or separate)
♪ “Wonderwall” by Ryan Adams ($1.99)
♪ “New Slang” by The Shins ($1.99)
♪ “Drive” by Incubus ($1.99)

VIDEOS

► 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand
○ Trailer #1
○ Trailer #2
○ Trailer #3

► Brain Challenge
○ Expansion Pack

► GTI Club+
○ Trailer

► Flower
○ Trailer
○ Developer Diary

► Gran Turismo 5 Prologue
○ The Ride Of Your Life

► Tekken 6
○ Call To Arms Trailer

► LocoRoco 2 (PSP)
○ Launch Trailer

► PULSE (magazine)
○ 2/12 Edition

MOVIE TRAILERS

► Rent: Live on Broadway (Blu-ray)

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Flower - Theme & Wallpaper
► LocoRoco 2 - The Planet Theme (also for PSP)
► PAIN - The Hoff Theme
► Magic Ball - Theme
► Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom - Theme
► Cuboid - Theme
► Game Love - Wallpaper
+
paid crap

QORE
($2.99 or $24.99 subscription)

► Episode 09: February, 2009
○ featuring
- MLB 09 The Show
- Resident Evil 5
○ goodies
- Killzone 2 themes
- Syphon Filter (PSone) full game

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Weak update!

The flower theme is nice anyway. That valentines wallpaper could've done without the robot though.

Crisis

Banned
AbortedWalrusFetus said:
Lumines addon is downloading. I will let people know if it has the tracks

Thank you! I just can't fucking believe there's no tracklist already. How are people supposed to know if they want these tracks?

Crisis

Banned
AranhaHunter said:
They uploaded a shitload of TV shows from MTV, Comedy Central and Spike.

I had seriously been wondering where that stuff was. Not that I'm going to buy a lot of it, but it was weird that they announced it and nothing happened.

YYZ

Mets39 said:
It's really too bad there isn't any sales numbers
Even Valve doesn't disclose hard numbers so I don't think Sony should unless they're doing better than Valve through their online store.

I played about the first five or six skins and there was no Shinin or Shake Ya Body, but my girlfriend bitched at me because I promised I'd let her play first, so I had to give up the controller. It did remind me how awesome the rest of the PSP version was, however. I don't think the skins are in the same order they were on PSP, but it's been a while since I played it.

Once she dies (and she won't make it past the fourth skin, I'm sure) I'll play some more and post the rest if possible.

I hope it doesn't cut into my flower play time :D

Crisis

Banned
AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I played about the first five or six skins and there was no Shinin or Shake Ya Body, but my girlfriend bitched at me because I promised I'd let her play first, so I had to give up the controller. It did remind me how awesome the rest of the PSP version was, however. I don't think the skins are in the same order they were on PSP, but it's been a while since I played it.

Once she dies (and she won't make it past the fourth skin, I'm sure) I'll play some more and post the rest if possible.

I hope it doesn't cut into my flower play time :D

Good looking out.

Seeing MKII still on the Top 10 list makes me wonder why Midway never released more of their classic games. Specifically their racing games like the RUSH series and Hydro Thunder. They were hugely popular.

Crisis said:
I had seriously been wondering where that stuff was. Not that I'm going to buy a lot of it, but it was weird that they announced it and nothing happened.

They always said Mid February....If the Chappelle show was in HD I would probably get 2 or 3 of my favorite episodes. I'm also hoping Spike will put The Ultimate Fighter there, hopefully in HD, so I could download some of those shows.

jvm

Gamasutra.
jvm said:
My wagers for U.S. store today:

PS3 games: 1 [ACTUAL: 1 ]
PS3 demos: 1 [ACTUAL: 0? ]
PSP Legacy: 0 [ACTUAL: 0 ]
PSP New: 0 [ACTUAL: 0]
PSOne: 1 [ACTUAL: 0 ]
Looks like AranhaHunter had it right. Ah well.

SCEA lives up to expectations again!

vehn

is anyone getting super slow downloads for flower? Mine's been going for 5 minutes and is only 3% done at 21mb. Usually downloads 100x faster than this, hope its not just me!

Rolf NB

vehn said:
is anyone getting super slow downloads for flower? Mine's been going for 5 minutes and is only 3% done at 21mb. Usually downloads 100x faster than this, hope its not just me!
Try if the good old pause/resume gives you better download speeds.

vehn said:

That sucks. I grabbed it when it was first uploaded and managed to grab it at 6mbps. Not too often the store maxes out my connection; I usually max out at 4mbps.

Core407

Banned
vehn said:

I did but I paused it and resumed and it went back to 1MB/sec like it usually is.

I unlocked about 12 skins but no Shinin : (

Still consider it worth the money however, because I really like all of the tracks. I never got far enough in the PSP version to enjoy them because I got massive hand cramps like half way through.

Also, the skins are not in the same order whatsoever, so there's still some hope. Slim... but some.

Estival

vehn said:

Even slower for me. It's been going for 45 minutes and it's at 39 MB. PSN suddenly got really slow for me last week starting with the Killzone demo, and I have no idea why.

DMPrince said:
way to go SCEA for putting up a psp store and putting nothing but shit like trailers and theme up there.

I was about to comment on this.

Europe's PSP store has a bunch of full PSP games up not just PSOne stuff...
They are even getting Grand Theft Auto LCS and Vice City Stories...

SolidSnakex said:
Seeing MKII still on the Top 10 list makes me wonder why Midway never released more of their classic games. Specifically their racing games like the RUSH series and Hydro Thunder. They were hugely popular.

Cause they're bankrupt, silly!

I know what you mean

todahawk

Wario64 said:
It was never announced for this week
weird, there's a hawx demo thread saying it was out on 360 and then ps3 the next day... unless my reading comprehension is worse than i thought.

Wario64 said:
It was never announced for this week

it was announced Wednesday for XBL and Thursday for PSN.

psblog said (today actually) that we were getting a new motorstorm demo today too, but failed to list any demos on the store update post. hmmm....

todahawk

Commanche Raisin Toast said:
it was announced Wednesday for XBL and Thursday for PSN.

psblog said (today actually) that we were getting a new motorstorm demo today too, but failed to list any demos on the store update post. hmmm....

thx. btw, love your handle.

This week's Qore has a sweet Killzone ISA theme. Kind of the "other side" of last month's KZ2 Helghast theme (this month's Helghast theme has nice backgrounds but the icons suck).

Darkpen

Banned
In the video section, they have a valentine's day thing going on, with two collection of romance movies, but the descriptor for the "Tough Love Collection" is hilarious:

This year, you think love stinks. Our Tough Love Collection examines the frustration, betrayal and cruelty that sometimes make their way into even the most devoted relationships.
When I saw the list itself, though... :lol I mean, Basic Instinct, Fatal Attraction, Hard Candy, Unfaithful, and Impulse, right more light-hearted films like So I married an axe murderer, How to lose a guy in 10 days, Hitch, and What Happens in Vegas. :lol

Then there's Vanilla Sky D:

Top Bottom