• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 02/12/09

Darkpen

Banned
HamPster PamPster said:
What a crappy psp update - I don't even know why I fire up the PSP manager when I get home from work on thursdays :(
the uk store has the resistance retribution demo D:

Darkpen said:
the uk store has the resistance retribution demo D:
Yea I saw that. I guess I'll deactivate my NA PSN account and activate my EU account. I don't think it'll mess any of my games up since I remembered doing it before for I think the wipeout demo.

Anywayz: Bought Flower at 4:30 CST. Its 7:09 and only at 51%...lol

DunpealD

Aeon712 said:
Must not fall for GAF hype and buy Flower, I'm still mad I bought Flow.

Maybe instead of going for the hype you should ask yourself whether you will like it or not. You can also go to the Flower thread to ask for more information.

AbortedWalrusFetus said:
I unlocked about 12 skins but no Shinin : (

Yeah, I kinda figured. Disappointing.

For those who asked "Why?" it's probably because licensing those songs again would have cost more $.

I'm in the same boat. I bought flow when it went on sale and I still regretted it. Based on the descriptions in the thread it sounds like more of the casual low-impact same. I can understand the appeal of a beautiful, relaxing game, but I'm not the type that would play it more than once so I'd never get my money's worth.

Also, as usual I decry the lack of demos for PSN games and have decided to vote with my $ by refraining.

Goldrusher

Aeon712 said:
flOw: meh :/
Flower: wow :eek:

It's made by the same team, but it's a whole other game. Don't let the name (Flow-Flower) fool you.

Returners

The Lumines Pack I have to say, is not really worth it.

Somehow, Q Entertainment has somehow handpicked all the levels I hate from Lumines 1 & 2.

One of the stages I remember from Lumines 2, I think its the start A stage.

But still, I just hope they can settle the licensing issues and get the pack that we all want out.

Jim

womfalcs3 said:
What? You have to pay??!?!

It's right there on GameTrailers.com for free and in HD.

Well.. the same episodes on XBL are $2 (160 points) for the SD versions or $3 (240 points) for the HD versions. So yeah, dumb.

Speevy

Banned
Doesn't Sony/GT realize that the website is now viewable through the PS3 web browser, and you can download or stream their content through the PS3 itself?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
a nice week with flower and lumines classic pack (friend leaderboards please) but the monkey's PSP hate is getting old

JardeL

What is that Motorstorm : Pacific Rift Demo V2 ?.. A demo from final build of the game ?? It s on EU store havent checked US store ...

neight

Banned
Why is Super Stardust HD in my trophy list? It's kind of annoying having it listed there at 0% trophies when I don't even own the damn game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
neight said:
Why is Super Stardust HD in my trophy list? It's kind of annoying having it listed there at 0% trophies when I don't even own the damn game.
Did you see it while comparing with someone? Every game that both people have appears in the compare list and the ones you don't have will show up with 0%.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
neight said:
Probably because you played the demo, which is like a full game file, just not unlocked (Buy the game, it's one of the best things ever)

RoboPlato said:
Did you see it while comparing with someone? Every game that both people have appears in the compare list and the ones you don't have will show up with 0%.

I actually kind of wish you could toggle games that aren't collectively owned, off.

It's cool to see collective games owned, but aside from that, it's pointless and wastes time/space.

Blablurn

just downloaded the latest episode of qore. which email contains the voucher for the syphon filter download? Can't find it :(

I'm not sure where to put this question and it doesn't deserve its own thread: do any games yet support the screenshot feature added in that firmware update a few months back?

kassatsu

Banned
Japanese and HK store got some other stuff. But I am away from home until late tomorrow night. Will try to update the tread then.

Datrio

Blablurn said:
just downloaded the latest episode of qore. which email contains the voucher for the syphon filter download? Can't find it :(
I think no one got the voucher yet. Not so clever, Sony, not so clever.

RobertM said:
Was there any good reason for that Motorstorm demo? Are they doing bad sales wise?
Part of it is because fans complained that the MotorStorm: PR demo for a while didn't do too good of a job on selling the game (the demo was an older build and caused many to think twice). Most who bought the full version really liked it, and kept mentioning that on the PS Blog, so one of the best courses was put up as a demo.

Donos

RobertM said:
Was there any good reason for that Motorstorm demo? Are they doing bad sales wise?

The first MS2 demo was an early build of the game. And i think it wasnt so representativ of the quality of the game.

Darkpen

Banned
BoilersFan23 said:
Part of it is because fans complained that the MotorStorm: PR demo for a while didn't do too good of a job on selling the game (the demo was an older build and caused many to think twice). Most who bought the full version really liked it, and kept mentioning that on the PS Blog, so one of the best courses was put up as a demo.
makes sense

Datrio said:
I think no one got the voucher yet. Not so clever, Sony, not so clever.

I read on the official PS3 forums that the vouchers will be emailed out before March 31st, pretty stupid if you ask me. Apparantly they're doing it via vouchers so that people who have gameshared Qore can't download it too, but why not just make it so that only the account that purchased Qore can download the game?

Sorry for the major bump, does anyone know where I can buy a USA PSN code and get it emailed over quickly?

eBay sellers all want to mail the cards out, but I'm in the UK and I'd rather not wait so long to get some cash into my US store account. The Disgaea 3 DLC is begging me to buy it :(

If anyone out there can help me, I'd really appreciate it :D

bomb_jack

Android18a said:
Sorry for the major bump, does anyone know where I can buy a USA PSN code and get it emailed over quickly?

eBay sellers all want to mail the cards out, but I'm in the UK and I'd rather not wait so long to get some cash into my US store account. The Disgaea 3 DLC is begging me to buy it :(

I buy mine from this seller - http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/sbblair

Usually gets emailed to me in a few hours from purchase.

Speevy

Banned
I read recently that someone was still purchasing things from the Hong Kong PSN, even after Sony disallowed the fake credit card addresses.

What they said was that they used an AMEX card, which didn't have an address to check, and thus it went through.

I might get an AMEX gift card if someone else can confirm this.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Android18a said:

Should have PM'd me earlier today, I was at Best Buy earlier :(

I could get one tonight probably if you want. $20 or $50?

Top Bottom