• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flower (PSN)

ayrkain

First playthrough,
and I really enjoyed the way it kept introducing new mechanics as it went along. Much more varied than fl0w was (although I enjoyed fl0w too).

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Can we keep spoilers to a minimum? Considering how secretive/vague the concept of the game is to many saying anything at all, as hinted by previewers/media, could ruin the experience.

Just saying.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
yay! its up in Aussie store... now for the download wait.

well done sony on the price too.

painey

downloading now.. I didnt have enough money in my PSN wallet and it just said "do you want to add £5?" on the purchase screen.. I clicked yes and it started downloading.. its unreal how painless it is, MS take note.

painey said:
downloading now.. I didnt have enough money in my PSN wallet and it just said "do you want to add £5?" on the purchase screen.. I clicked yes and it started downloading.. its unreal how painless it is, MS take note.

But this is the way it works on Xbox Live as well? :S

TouchMyBox said:
Nope, it says "lolz, you can only buy spacebucks in 500 point increments."

But the PS Store also has a minimum amount you can put in your "wallet". I had to put more money in there than what the stuff I bought costed.

FoxHimself said:
But the PS Store also has a minimum amount you can put in your "wallet". I had to put more money in there than what the stuff I bought costed.

Yeah, $5 minimum, which I think is a good compromise. Both companies say it's to offset CC transactions costs, but in microsoft's situation, you're always buying more points than needed, whereas with sony, the only time when you're adding more money than needed is when you're getting rock band songs.

Snaku

Banned
Thought the concept was interesting back when it was unveiled, but it kinda fell off my radar. All of these glowing impressions and reviews are making me real anxious to see what all the fuss is about. Only eight more hours till it's up in the US, right?

RiverBed

Banned
FoxHimself said:
AFAIK, you only need to add $5 is when you are buying something for less. You can keep your wallet completely empty for any purchases of over $5. PSN will take the exact amount from your credit card, put it in your PSN wallet, then immediately spend it on your purchase leaving you with a zero balance again. Very convenient indeed.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
hooooooooly shit. currently on level three and this has easily superceded pixel junk eden as my favorite playstation 3 game. I was holding back tears as I swooshed through the valley in lvl2. that might be the weed though... superb game, so good I will fantasize about having made it myself and reaping phrase

Majmun

Great game. Got two trophies so far.

The game looks amazing and the sound is terrific.

I had difficulties with the controls at first, though. Was never a fan of motion controls. But it's fine now.

Jim

Man, that one trophy
Pure
seemed abnormally hard compared to the rest. I found a slightly cheesy way to earn it though, heh.
100%!

Lord Error said:
Can someone say what's the native resolution / framerate of the game?

1080p...and 30fps. It's locked.

Shurs

ayrkain said:
JP version (lol Flowery) was 626 MBs.

Damn. I was, unrealistically, expecting it to be in the 100-200 MB range. I'm hosting a "game night" at my place tonight and was hoping to show the game to friends but with my slow downloading speed this will take all night to download.

Mik2121

Damn, I just played it and got about 23% of the trophies. What a beautiful game!!!!

Now I need to unlock the rest of the stuff.. and also what about the trophy talking about the door?.. Also, I bet I'm missing an stage, as there's an empty space in the middle of the desk...

Forsete

Gold Member
Completed 4 levels so far, taking a break but damn what a nice experience. Hats off to ThatGameCompany and Santa Monica! :D

biocat

I just played the first 2 levels of Flowery (JP version).

The game is amazing.

It's how I always thought the Wii version of Nights should have been, only 1,000 times better.

Jim

F#A#Oo said:
How many pots of plants are there?

Also, crank the audio seriously... if you don't get goosebumps at certain parts of the game you have no soul.

If anyone has questions about Trophies let me know.

Mik2121

Jim said:

Also, crank the audio seriously... if you don't get goosebumps at certain parts of the game you have no soul.

What about the trophy regarding the door?

Jim

Mik2121 said:
What about the trophy regarding the door?

get all 3 seed pods (from the hidden blue flowers) from each stage. They show up next to each flower in the pot afterwards, in the order they appear in that stage. The more pods, the "bloomier" the flower in that pot.

sarcoa

crispyben said:
This is great, and would be even better if I could figure how to "finish" that first "level"... Help?
Do you mean finish and move on or fully complete? If that later,
then I'm pretty sure all you have to do for the first level is bloom every flower in sight. Occasionally some special looking light blue flowers should pop up, be sure and find those.
Could be wrong though.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm just going to post my initial impressions from the PSN thread.

I've fallen in love with Flower, but that's to be expected considering how loud I've blown my trumpet to the tune of the game for the past few months. The 3rd stage blew me away, it was so mesmerizing, and I didn't think it could get any better but I was wrong. The 4th stage decided to up the ante even further, and even did a little Cloud gameplay easter egg! I was grinning from ear to ear when it happened.

I'd really love for people to try this game out, regardless of whether they'd prefer to blow brains or heads off in Killzone 2 or whatever. My girlfriend's sister asked me why I bought Flower if I knew it would be over so soon.. all I said to her was it is because of the experience of being able to play it - not the fact that I cannot re-sell the game, nor if I'll be playing it again within 6 months. Those things matter little to me. At least I was personally able to enjoy such a game I've been looking forward to for so long.

Here's to hoping their third effort on PSN will blow me away.
Going to go through it again tomorrow, take a bit more time, let things soak up. Also make sure to play the credits section. So serene and beautiful.

crispyben

sarcoa said:
Do you mean finish and move on or fully complete? If that later,
then I'm pretty sure all you have to do for the first level is bloom every flower in sight. Occasionally some special looking light blue flowers should pop up, be sure and find those.
Could be wrong though.
Thanks,
I missed three red flowers to bloom the middle of the second area :) Already got these blue flowers while looking for the missing ones

Just finished the fourth stage, really fantastic, with a nice variation on what the first 2 flowers did, then a really interesting twist at the end. Must play more now.

Jim

crispyben said:
Thanks,
I missed three red flowers to bloom the middle of the second area :) Already got these blue flowers while looking for the missing ones

You don't need all flowers (white ones are optional) to finish a stage... just the distinct batches of colored ones usually.

ayrkain

Jim said:

Okay, I'll ask. How'd you get the
Pure
trophy.
I'm not going to play again for a week, but I gotta know.
:lol

edgefusion

Heh heh, I'm busy baking a cake and as I was whipping some cream I got a trophy. "Healthy Play - Take a ten minute break between dreams." I was standing there whipping away like a madman when I heard the trophy sound and was like "....huh?"

Jim

ayrkain said:
Okay, I'll ask. How'd you get the
Pure
trophy.
I'm not going to play again for a week, but I gotta know.
:lol
Hah, ok.
It's on Stage 5 obviously... you can't get hit by the electicity at all. The only hard part is the gauntlet through the canyon at the end.

Pretty sure the REAL way is to build a big chain (which = more speed), and combo all the flowers along the ground through the canyon. I ALWAYS got hit at least once.

Instead collect as little as you can to get to that point, and as soon as the wind starts forcing you down the canyon just pull up high at an extreme angle and drag along the walls to slow yourself as much as possible. Stuff will fall ahead of you and the path will be clear.
*pa-ching* trophy earned

Top Bottom