• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flower (PSN)

Started a mini-guide for anyone having trouble finding the hidden flowers, here's what I've got so far;

Level 1 - Yellow Flower

1;
In the first area collect all the outlying white flowers to make the hidden flower appear
2;
In the second area once again collect all the outlying white flowers
3;
The 3rd hidden flower is behind the tree in the final area

Level 2 - Red Flower

1;
In the first area collect all the orange & red flowers in the valley between the two ring of stones
2;
In the second area once the yellow & white flowers have appeared collect the group of yellow flowers that appear near where you entered this area
3;
The 3rd hidden flower is located to the left of the first set of standing stones in a small obscured valley in the 3rd area

Level 3 - Pink Flower

1;
In the first area collect all the blue flowers near the 3 small fans, then collect all the yellow flowers in the small valleys with jump rocks in them
2;
3;
Near the end of the fast valley section, hidden behind a small outcrop of rock

Level 4 - Blue Flower

1;
2;
3;

Level 5 - Purple Flower

1;
2;
3;

Level 6 - Light Pink Flower

1;
2;
3;

Anyone want to give me a hand filling it in?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
gofreak said:
:D @ level 3
sunset..and ending..wow!
that shit was insane. I nearly pooped myself. On the next stage
the ending blew me away too.
fantastic pacing.

Haunted

Love it. Visual design, audio design, colours, all very lovely. Better than Cloud and flow, imo.

Wish they'd gotten completely rid of the prompts, but they're unobtrusive, so that's a small nitpick. :D

Duke Togo said:
Add me to the list of people who really enjoyed Flower. I really have to say, PSN games have been among my favourites lately. Between Flower, Wipeout HD, Pixeljunk Monsters and Burnout Paradise, I haven't found myself playing disc based games in a while.

I also noticed the other day that I play downloadable games much more than disc games on my PS3...

phantom.jpg

But yeah, I'm gonna be buying this once I get my ass down to GameStop to pick up another PSN card, if only to support small devs (and because it looks awesome).

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mommy I'm scared! :eek:

Brobzoid said:
that shit was insane. I nearly pooped myself. On the next stage
the ending blew me away too.
fantastic pacing.

Yeah..that's just what I got too! eep!

Jim

Bootaaay said:
Started a mini-guide for anyone having trouble finding the hidden flowers, here's what I've got so far;

Anyone want to give me a hand filling it in?

Level 5 - Purple Flower

1;
In the first section, there's a little hidden valley off to the left of all the twisted ruins.
2;
Second section with all the tall electrical towers, there's a tower towards the left that falls once you get some flowers in the area from the top of the little ramps. It shows up then where it falls.
3;
In the canyons before the end gauntlet, it's in a corner somewhere. You need to open a few colored flowers before it appears.

1;
In the skyscraper, halfway up, in the second section. It helps to go through the hole on the roof to see it.
2;
Under the exit ramp on the bridge. Get onto the highway and loop around and take the right most exit and continue.
3;
Behind an air vent right before the end section.

Man, I've played way too much of this game, hah.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
gofreak said:
Mommy I'm scared! :eek:

Yeah..that's just what I got too! eep!
you didn't laugh at my pun even though I didn't write "(pun intended)" ?;(
IT WAS FUNNY ;_;

I don't think I like level 5 as much, and not just becuase of the buggering Pure trophy.
The need to carefully weave around danger throws up camera and control problems that all the other levels avoided. I tried Jim's 'go slow' trick for the final gauntlet, but I felt like I was fighting the controls, because for some reason no matter how much I tried to keep some height, it was always foricing my petals into the valley floor.

Speevy said:
Gah, you Eurofolk are making me sick with anticipation!
This indeed.

I was even going to buy it from the European store before I thought "what am I doing?" and realized it'll be up in a few (hopefully) short hours.

Danielsan

I just beat the game in one sitting.
One of the most amazing and beautiful games I've had the pleasure to play. The final level is absolutely jaw dropping and the this game also has one of the best credits in a game. This is why I love PSN.

Definitely worth my every penny. :D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
:lol

i just got a trophy for doing nothing for 10 mins

i only unlocked like 4 trophies, finished in one sitting, wtf :lol

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Level 4 - Blue Flower

1;
At the beginning of the stage, you can find 2 "straw rolls" (excuse my english) in a corner of the map, it's behind one of those
2;
Broken/abandonned cartwheel, light it up
3;
Light up one of the two ponds to make it appear

That game is just batshit awesome. I'm saving the completion of the sixth flower for tomorrow :D. Good thing I'm going on holydays this week end, won't have any problem
obtaining the one week hiatus trophy

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
BeeDog said:
My English may suck, but how do I get the "Memories" trophy? The description doesn't mean a shit to me, lulz.

At the end of each stage you'll get a slideshow of images from the stage, that's where you want to wait 3mins before pushing start and going back to the room

Jim

Wizman23 said:
Can you purchase PSN points through your PS3 or do you have to go buy a card?

Of course.. with a credit card/gift card. There are no points, it's just regular currency values.

edgefusion

BeeDog said:
My English may suck, but how do I get the "Memories" trophy? The description doesn't mean a shit to me, lulz.

Before you press any button and start the wind moving with the first petal just sit there for 3 minutes.

BeeDog

Mistouze said:
At the end of each stage you'll get a slideshow of images from the stage, that's where you want to wait 3mins before pushing start and going back to the room

Ah, many thanks!

EDIT: two conflicting posts now :lol , which one is ze correct one?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
No unmasked trophy spoilers please.

You know what, nevermind. I'll just make like a tree and get outa here.

protip - if you have trouble adding money from your card, go to the website (using your pc, not ps3) and edit your details. Sometimes it doesn't work through the PS3.

getting this as soon as I get home. 3 hours...

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Woke up and just noticed the AU store has been updated, currently downloading right now!

Will have to wait untill i get home from work though before i can play it :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jim said:
Level 5 - Purple Flower

1;
In the first section, there's a little hidden valley off to the left of all the twisted ruins.
2;
Second section with all the tall electrical towers, there's a tower towards the left that falls once you get some flowers in the area from the top of the little ramps. It shows up then where it falls.
3;
In the canyons before the end gauntlet, it's in a corner somewhere. You need to open a few colored flowers before it appears.

1;
In the skyscraper, halfway up, in the second section. It helps to go through the hole on the roof to see it.
2;
Under the exit ramp on the bridge. Get onto the highway and loop around and take the right most exit and continue.
3;
Behind an air vent right before the end section.

Man, I've played way too much of this game, hah.

What do you unlock when you get all of those flowers?

Zeliard

Can't wait to play this. Flow's motion controls felt really damn good and I can only imagine how great it'll be in a 3D environment.

Just done the first 3 dreams. It's beautiful. Really stunning for the eyes and wonderful feeling of just floating on the wind. So relaxing :)

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mistouze said:

Not necessarily at the end. Anytime will do. Just stop and wait.

poweld

Goreomedy said:
Just hit Google for the first time today. And for the briefest of moments, I thought they might be fans:

http://www.google.com/logos/charlesdarwin_09.gif[img][/QUOTE]
I thought the same thing when I saw it this morning :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Holeeeeee WOW 0_0

Just finished..not 100%, but
awoke the whole city
, and all I can say is that is one of the most perfect and stunning audiovisual experiences I've ever had.

It was like playing a dream. Like a game I'd dream of, or something, but done even better than I could dream of.

Oh God, I didn't get all the names in the credits, it seems..Arrrgh!!! I am :eek: at how many people touched this game

KurowaSan

Bootaaay said:
Level 3 - Pink Flower

2;
inside the caves, somewhere along the right side.

god, the game is so damn beautiful. Just finished Level 3, the ending part was so pretty and stunning. Everyone should be getting this.

Mets39

add me to the Lovefest :D i definitely wasn't expecting something like that
especially the dark environments, i was almost scared lol
. Overall a fantastic experience and i hope the game will be support via DLC!

Now it's time to get some trophies

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Mets39 said:
Overall a fantastic experience and i hope the game will be support via DLC!

Something tells me they like to perfect their work to an extraordinary degree, so we could be waiting a while..but..yes please. Oh god yes, please!

Mets39

gofreak said:
Something tells me they like to perfect their work to an extraordinary degree, so we could be waiting a while..but..yes please. Oh god yes, please!

Oh, i don't mind waiting as long as we get good stuff ;)

Zeliard said:
Flow got some DLC

True but not enough IMO and a trophy patch would have been nice

So what is it that makes this game fun? Is it a fun game or is it just fun because of the visuals? I don't really understand. maybe I just have to play?

Jim

xray49er said:
Anyone know what resolution this game supports? Mainly does it support 1080i?

1080p native.. so I'm sure it outputs 1080i and everything else. Haven't tried though.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
needlesmcgirk said:
So what is it that makes this game fun? Is it a fun game or is it just fun because of the visuals? I don't really understand. maybe I just have to play?

It makes you feel powerful and free. That's the best way I can describe it. It's not 'fun' in a toy-ish kind of way or anything, it's exhilirating. Undoubtedly the audiovisual experience is a core element though, it's testament to the impact AV can have in producing something that's really potent. You couldn't really make as strong an experience without it.

Top Bottom