• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Flower (PSN)

crispyben

What do the leaves mean? I got two for each fo the two first stages, is it some completion indicator? Seems there's room for three.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
mhmhm looks like a must buy.
I will get it as soon as the US PSN Store is updated.
Also : Cuboid is awesome.

YYZ

Blablurn said:
is it really that good? i bought pixeljunk eden because of the GAF hype. And I barely played it.
Eden's a legit great game. If you don't like it then there's a higher than normal chance you won't like this game?

EktorPR

Flower today, yay! :D

edgefusion said:
Heh heh, I'm busy baking a cake and as I was whipping some cream I got a trophy. "Healthy Play - Take a ten minute break between dreams." I was standing there whipping away like a madman when I heard the trophy sound and was like "....huh?"

I don't know why but I felt something rising in my pants as I read this.

Mik2121

Blablurn said:
is it really that good? i bought pixeljunk eden because of the GAF hype. And I barely played it.
It's quite short, but pretty interesting and it has kind of a reply value on it, because there are 3 hidden flowers in each area, which means you have to fly around checking out every corner to find those...

I'd say it's really worth it, even if just because of how pretty it is :D

WTFing

Banned
Blablurn said:
It's different, the graphics and music are really great. The gameplay has it's own 'flow'. Even if it's short, I don't regret the 7,99€.
Now it's time for me to 100% it. :D

edit: lol Mik2121

Coen

crispyben said:
What do the leaves mean? I got two for each fo the two first stages, is it some completion indicator? Seems there's room for three.

Currently figuring out this stuff myself, which is basically what I love about this game. I got three leaves on the first two flowers, which made them flourish. So I guess it is some kind of completion indicator indeed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm also curious about the side-effects some of the special-colored flowers, like the neon blue one. All of a sudden my entire string was blue and I had some sort of Navi-like blue dot at the front of my string. Does that affect gameplay in any way?

Blablurn

Bugnology said:
It's different, the graphics and music are really great. The gameplay has it's own 'flow'. Even if it's short, I don't regret the 7,99€.
Now it's time for me to 100% it. :D

as long as it's not as frustrating as pixeljunk... maybe i'll pick it up.

are the trophies easy to get?

Jim

Coen said:
Currently figuring out this stuff myself, which is basically what I love about this game. I got three leaves on the first two flowers, which made them flourish. So I guess it is some kind of completion indicator indeed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
There are 3 leaves/seed pods/whatever (from the hidden blue flowers) on each stage. They show up next to each flower in the pot afterwards, in the order they appear in that stage. The more pods, the "bloomier" the flower in that pot. If you get them all then...

Coen said:
I'm also curious about the side-effects some of the special-colored flowers, like the neon blue one. All of a sudden my entire string was blue and I had some sort of Navi-like blue dot at the front of my string. Does that affect gameplay in any way?
It affects something... not quite gameplay though.

Blablurn said:
All but 1 trophy are quite easy. There should be no frustration, it's very leisurely.

WTFing

Banned
Blablurn said:

I don't have Eden, but what I can say is flower is the exact opposite of frustrating. I got 2/14 trophies on my first game.

Mets39 said:
whoa the music is beautiful!
Yes, the music/mood is really awesome.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Stunning.

I really didn't expect the environments to change and become as dark and gritty as they did which was awesome

Just finished it and wow it's such a beautiful game. I only got 19 percent of the trophies, so I guess there's plenty of stuff for me to go back to later on.

Duke Togo

Add me to the list of people who really enjoyed Flower. I really have to say, PSN games have been among my favourites lately. Between Flower, Wipeout HD, Pixeljunk Monsters and Burnout Paradise, I haven't found myself playing disc based games in a while.

crispyben

Just finished the first three levels... twice. Yes, I couldn't wait until I finished to replay them! This is awesome, hopefully my fiancée digs it.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
So anyone get 100% trophies yet?
BruceLeeRoy said:
Wollan just wanted me to post his impressions for him:

MINDBLOWING

I am definitely picking this up after work.
Why was he banned by the way?

Really enjoyed my first play through, now i'm going back to get all the leaves - also, I noticed that there's a gap in between the 6 flower pots, is there another level to unlock? Possibly by collecting all the leaves from the other levels?

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Brobzoid said:

Why was he banned by the way?
We cant talk about that kind of subjects.

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
Anyone else finding it hard to properly complete level 5 ?, as just before I reach the end it fades and ends, and when I look at my level 5 flower at the main menu it's droopy :-(.

Elios83

Just finished, I'm really impressed by the game and the final level... OMG!
It's definetly a great experience where the power of nature awakens, oniric game I'd say.

Unfortunately it slightly induces motion sickness (maybe because of the Sixaxis controls).

Jim

Brobzoid said:
Yep

lowrider007 said:
Anyone else finding it hard to properly complete level 5 ?, as just before I reach the end it fades and ends, and when I look at my level 5 flower at the main menu it's droopy :-(.
That's the way it ends. That Flower just looks like that. Also
the 3 hidden seed pods/leaves from each stage influence the look of each flower.

CiSTM

Banned
Just bought it :) So cool game ! I still need some training with the controls but other than that it's really smooth game. Loving the soundtrack <3

Durante

So far I completed the first three levels (that is, 3 leaves each). Wonderful game, extremely beautiful and the sound is great as well.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
omg @
painting the landscape

edit - lol at the
healthy play
trophy! I knew eventually my GAF breaks while gaming would pay off.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
First game ever to see me disabling system notifications.

Damn I love you TGC.

edit:
I discovered Flow. It's hidden in a cave in the third dream

WTFing

Banned
gofreak said:
omg @
painting the landscape

edit - lol at the
healthy play
trophy! I knew eventually my GAF breaks while gaming would pay off.
yes, this was great!
the landscape thing

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BTW, how are most people using the controller?

I've taken to holding it with the palm of my hand over the front, using l1 as my button.. but anyone got anything better?

G-Bus

Banned
Is everything controlled with the sixaxis or can I use the sticks too?

How well do the motion controls work?

Game looks gorgeous.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Heh, I didn't really expect myself to get caught up in the game as much as I did. I was just going to try it, and ended playing it start to finish. :)
For me, this is definitely more than what I've been hearing all the time: "not much of game", "just an experience for relaxation". And compared to Flow, this actually feels less like a small, time-waster/experience, and more like... an adventure with some thought put behind it, and one of the more fascinating examples of storytelling through gameplay. It made me think while playing. And of course, it's a relaxing experience as well. Money well spent, without a doubt. :)

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
How big is the download file for this? My connection is crap so I'm deciding on waiting to get it until the Thursday rush is over or just DL it tonight.

edgefusion

Kiriku said:
Heh, I didn't really expect myself to get caught up in the game as much as I did. I was just going to try it, and ended playing it start to finish. :)
For me, this is definitely more than what I've been hearing all the time: "not much of game", "just an experience for relaxation". And compared to Flow, this actually feels less like a small, time-waster/experience, and more like... an adventure with some thought put behind it, and one of the more fascinating examples of storytelling through gameplay. It made me think while playing. And of course, it's a relaxing experience as well. Money well spent, without a doubt. :)

A thousand times this. Flower is well beyond what I was expecting from it.

Top Bottom