• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 03/26/09

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Shard said:
Well, you in luck, because Spelunker HD is exactly like that.

did Spelunker kick your ass as a kid? It's not a bad game, not like that side scrolling smurf game or anything.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
levious said:
did Spelunker kick your ass as a kid? It's not a bad game, not like that side scrolling smurf game or anything.

Spelunker HD could have done something to update some of the more frustrating aspects of the game, ditch the negative relics of the bygone era in some fashion. As it is, the impression I get from the update is this is some kind of 25 USD in-joke.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Shard said:
Spelunker HD could have done something to update some of the more frustrating aspects of the game, ditch the negative relics of the bygone era in some fashion. As it is, the impression I get from the update is this is some kind of 25 USD in-joke.
You've tried it out?

So, speaking of Minnya no Putter Golf.... should I buy it? I'm a huge fan of HSG, can someone tell me a little more about the game? How many courses/holes do you get? How varied are the obstacles? I tried finding a review online, but failed.

Also, if I do decide to pick it up.... what's the best way if I'm in the US? (sorry... international store n00b)

dallow_bg

nods at old men
drmcclin said:
So, speaking of Minnya no Putter Golf.... should I buy it? I'm a huge fan of HSG, can someone tell me a little more about the game? How many courses/holes do you get? How varied are the obstacles? I tried finding a review online, but failed.

Also, if I do decide to pick it up.... what's the best way if I'm in the US? (sorry... international store n00b)
It's more a fanservice, novelty game. I think it's pretty cheap though.

It's just simple mini-golf game. Nine holes, and you play as either Jasmine or Toro.
There's VS play, practice mode as well. Trophies too if you like them.

Best way is buying an Asian/Hong Kong PSN card off ebay. Have them mail you the code.

Azrael said:
Freakin' noice.

Really cool of them to support it like that.

Speevy

Banned
buffi said:
Sonic Wings Special (aka Arcade Hits Sonic Wings) isn't very good imo. I like Sonic Wings 2 quite a lot, and 3 is decent, but 2 and 3 is a pretty weird mashup of the sonic wings games that just doesn't feel right. I purchased it of the JP-PSN quite some time ago and I can't really recommend it.

It was more a case of wanting all the JPSN PS1 shooters on one machine, and it was one of the few viable options on the Hong Kong store where I got Catan.

So I have

-RayCrisis
-Raystorm
-Philosoma
-R-Types
-R-Type Delta
-G-Darius
-Einhander
-Arcade Hits Raiden
-Arcade Hits Shienryu
-Gradius 2 (in a compilation)

The idea is to have some iteration of the shooters and fighters. I figure most of them are going to be released on the JPSN or will get remade in HD.

It's more a fanservice, novelty game. I think it's pretty cheap though.

It's just simple mini-golf game. Nine holes, and you play as either Jasmine or Toro.
There's VS play, practice mode as well. Trophies too if you like them.

Best way is buying an Asian/Hong Kong PSN card off ebay. Have them mail you the code.

Thank you, good sir. Sounds like it should've just been released as an add-on to HSG for $3. I'll pick it up if they release it here in NA, too much trouble otherwise.

test_account

XP-39C²
This week's content has been added to the european PS Store now :)

SappYoda said:
I will be very disappointed if this is true :(
The Resistance 2 map pack and the Resistance 2 character skins are avalible at the european PS store now :)

Goldrusher

eu.gif
UP!
/!\ Some content not available in every Store.

GAMES

► Burn Zombie Burn! (€7.99) (£6.29)

► Magic Carpet (PSone) (€4.99) (£4.79)

► Buzz! Brain of the UK (PSP) (£19.99)

ADD-ONS

► Call of Duty: World at War
○ Map Pack 1 (€9.99) (£7.99)

► Guitar Hero World Tour

♪ "James Bond Theme" (€1.99) (£1.59)

○ Queen Track Pack (€5.49 | €1.99) (£4.39 | £1.59)
♪ "We Are The Champions"
♪ "Fat Bottomed Girls"
♪ "C-lebrity"

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Buzz! costume (€1.99) (£1.59)

► PAIN
○ Smack Pack (€3.99) (£3.19)
○ El Chile Grande (€0.99) (£0.69)

► Resistance 2

○ Aftermath Map Pack (€4.99) (£3.99)

○ multiplayer skins (€0.75 each) (£0.59)
- Rachael Parker
- Female Soldier
- Ravager
- Cloven (Retribution model)
- Ranger Variation
- Black Ops Variation

► Rock Band

○ "Ten" - Pearl Jam (€1.49 each) (£0.99)
♪ "Once"
♪ "Even Flow"
♪ "Why Go"
♪ "Black"
♪ "Jeremy"
♪ "Oceans"
♪ "Porch"
♪ "Garden"
♪ "Deep"
♪ "Release"
♪ "Master/Slave"

► Tom Clancy's EndWar
○ Veteran Map Pack (free)

► Unreal Tournament III
○ Titan Mutator Bonus Pack (free)

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Crash Commando - wallpaper
► Rag Doll Kung Fu - wallpaper
► Red Alert 3 - theme & wallpapers

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
drmcclin said:
Thank you, good sir. Sounds like it should've just been released as an add-on to HSG for $3. I'll pick it up if they release it here in NA, too much trouble otherwise.

HAWT avatar.

Damodar

Queen pack for Guitar Hero makes me think they need to make a guitar hero/rock band pack of Queen songs from Highlander. WHO'S WITH ME!?! MACLEOD! MACLEOD!

androvsky

HOLY SHIT MAGIC CARPET.

Ahem.

Uh, I do hope Magic Carpet happens to make it's way over to the U.S. Does the PS1 version have all the crazy 3D options (Magic Eye, red/blue anaglyph, etc)?

Speevy

Banned
androvsky said:
HOLY SHIT MAGIC CARPET.

Ahem.

Uh, I do hope Magic Carpet happens to make it's way over to the U.S. Does the PS1 version have all the crazy 3D options (Magic Eye, red/blue anaglyph, etc)?

SCEA is punishing us for something, I'm sure of it.

Holy freaking awesome, Magic Carpet on my PS3!!! Insta-bought. SCEE's been doing a great job with the PSX classic recently, hopefully SCEA can follow suit.

I asked in the SF IV thread, but I'm gonna try my luck in here too:

Are we getting the combo super value costume pack this week? (all 4 packs for cheaper?)

test_account

XP-39C²
drmcclin said:

Are we getting the combo super value costume pack this week? (all 4 packs for cheaper?)
I am not sure, but it is not up on the european PS Store now at least, and this week's content have been added now. I dont know if any content will be added later this week though.

drmcclin said:

I thought that was in april. like april 16th?

EDIT: Nevermind ;o

Crye

androvsky said:
HOLY SHIT MAGIC CARPET.
Oh my word, I bloody loved that game. I can't remember what version I played but I remember it being "best game ever". :D
Do I take a chance and ruin the memory... :S

androvsky

Crye said:
Oh my word, I bloody loved that game. I can't remember what version I played but I remember it being "best game ever". :D
Do I take a chance and ruin the memory... :S

I can't vouch for the controls on the PS1 version, but I tried the PC version about a year ago, and it was still pretty cool. Still makes the interviews with the Fracture developers all the more hilarious.

yurinka

Goldrusher said:
eu.gif
UP!
/!\ Some content not available in every Store.

GAMES

► Burn Zombie Burn! (€7.99) (£6.29)

► Magic Carpet (PSone) (€4.99) (£4.79)

► Buzz! Brain of the UK (PSP) (£19.99)

ADD-ONS

► Call of Duty: World at War
○ Map Pack 1 (€9.99) (£7.99)

► Guitar Hero World Tour

♪ "James Bond Theme" (€1.99) (£1.59)

○ Queen Track Pack (€5.49 | €1.99) (£4.39 | £1.59)
♪ "We Are The Champions"
♪ "Fat Bottomed Girls"
♪ "C-lebrity"

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Buzz! costume (€1.99) (£1.59)

► PAIN
○ Smack Pack (€3.99) (£3.19)
○ El Chile Grande (€0.99) (£0.69)

► Resistance 2

○ Aftermath Map Pack (€4.99) (£6.29)

○ multiplayer skins (€0.75 each) (£0.59)
- Rachael Parker
- Female Soldier
- Ravager
- Cloven (Retribution model)
- Ranger Variation
- Black Ops Variation

► Rock Band

○ "Ten" - Pearl Jam (€1.49 each) (£0.99)
♪ "Once"
♪ "Even Flow"
♪ "Why Go"
♪ "Black"
♪ "Jeremy"
♪ "Oceans"
♪ "Porch"
♪ "Garden"
♪ "Deep"
♪ "Release"
♪ "Master/Slave"

► Tom Clancy's EndWar
○ Veteran Map Pack (free)

► Unreal Tournament III
○ Titan Mutator Bonus Pack (free)

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Crash Commando - wallpaper
► Rag Doll Kung Fu - wallpaper
► Red Alert 3 - theme & wallpapers

What? No SFIV "Classic" alternate costumes DLC pack this week in Europe?

Dragnet

Burn Zombie Burn! is fun for the first 10 minutes. Past that it's a repetition fest. Same Zombie Same!

My verdict: RETREAT!

Speevy

Banned
Dragnet said:
Burn Zombie Burn! is fun for the first 10 minutes. Past that it's a repetition fest. Same Zombie Same!

My verdict: RETREAT!

That's the killspawn genre. It works that way.

Mileena

Banned
Niks said:
What happened to the Guitar Hero: Metallica demo?
I'm wondering the same thing. If it was 360 only I'm going to be FURIOUS. Fucking assholes makes me wonder why I even buy their games and support them...

Dragnet

Speevy said:
That's the killspawn genre. It works that way.

Yeah but it's not even fun to play like others. The inability to aim using the right stick seriously throws a spanner in the works regarding fun, imo.

Speevy

Banned
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in seeing a PSN guide with descriptions, mini-reviews/comments, and info about certain games.

There are certain games which don't get the attention they deserve, and I feel like there are only a few users who know the JPSN's hidden gems.

Azrael

Dragnet said:
Yeah but it's not even fun to play like others. The inability to aim using the right stick seriously throws a spanner in the works regarding fun, imo.

You can't move and shoot independently? Think I'll pass.

Top Bottom