• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 04/09/09

Wollan

Whoa. I just tried the PSP Media Manager 3.0 for the first time (haven't tried it since 2.x something, didn't have PS Store at that time and looked quite more basic).
I'm impressed. It has the zooming/fading effect of the PS3/PSP versions as well.

edit: Transferring files is easier than ever now and instant. Drag and drop and it auto-encodes..etc. Lol I'm so late to this.

Thrakier

Riskbreaker23 said:
it is so sad that people are actually going to buy this.

Even worse, there are people on the off. thread who will see this as the new savior of online gaming...I think it HAS TO BE a bad joke from capcom. Like most of the rest of RE5... :-/

Xater

Thrakier said:
Even worse, there are people on the off. thread who will see this as the new savior of online gaming...I think it HAS TO BE a bad joke from capcom. Like most of the rest of RE5... :-/

Oh come on! RE5 was good.

Pojo

Banned
Thrakier said:
From one extreme to the next...

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
The Shins for Rock Band, yay! What a completely bizarre track choice though. That's a great song, but I can't imagine it'll be much fun to play on drums. There were a lot better songs to choose for Rock Band. Either way, I'll buy it. I hope there's more Shins coming.

Xater said:
I think it was pulled because of some problem with it.

Wow, not that i want to buy it, since i own it in disc but that sucks :|

Anyway, is Ragdoll Kungfu online muliplayer? If so, i might buy it manana :O

Volcynika

Thrakier said:

Oh, so you've taken your complaining out of the official thread and into here.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
ChackanKun said:
Wow, not that i want to buy it, since i own it in disc but that sucks :|

Anyway, is Ragdoll Kungfu online muliplayer? If so, i might buy it manana :O
Nope, no online for Kung Fu.

Banned
i don't get why rag doll kung fu doesn't have online MP... I was seriously looking forward to it before i found that out in a recent trailer. what's the point in all the character customisation etc?

it's truly shocking considering it's a Media Molecule game. (albeit external devs)

Could MM just have given them the LBP code for online MP? reduces the value of the game to AVOID AT ALL COSTS until MP is implemented.

Speevy

Banned
Well, the Japanese Store monkeys fell asleep this week.

Maybe they'll wake up in North America and release a PS1 game.

What? No online for Kungfu?? That would be dumb as fuck!

ign said:
Although the game doesn't support online play or custom soundtracks, Nygren mentioned that there will be online leaderboards to support the local experience.

ffs....haven't anyone learned that online leaderboards mean squatt compared to real online gameplay??

Don't know if they is already mentioned. But RE5 VS in Japan is only 250 yen!

At that price point I really can't complain about a new mode.

guggnichso

Banned
Home has been updated in EU. There's two new stores in the mall selling hats and stuff and allegedly Xi has new stuff happening too.

No new gamespaces for germany (again), Don't know what the rest of EU got.

Wollan

guggnichso said:
Home has been updated in EU. There's two new stores in the mall selling hats and stuff and allegedly Xi has new stuff happening too.

From EU Home forum:

9th April News Update

The mystery of Xi continues!

Already, Xi has brought flying cows, bike racing, zombie shoppers and old skool text adventures to Home – and the mystery is only just beginning. Check out the Xi graffiti in Home Square to join in the excitement. And come back every weekday to see what’s new!

Two new Stores arrive in the Shopping Centre

Firstly Alter Ego is a fancy dress shop and available today you'll find their range of hats for both boys and girls. There's much more to come, but this should should be a very interesting introduction to their store.

Secondly, The Original V-Shirt Store opens its doors a little early with a free taster of what’s to come later in the month. We are on schedule for a 23rd April launch and from then on you'll find great brands such as Billabong, Worn Free, Island Records and TeeTonic start to appear.

You will also find some new clothing items in Threads, in particular a biker outfit for both males and females.

The version 1.2 patch has slipped a little due to a serious bug that needs to be fixed and is now probably a couple of weeks away.

Now lets do a status check of the outstanding Spaces:

Warhawk, Uncharted, SOCOM. These Spaces are being localised for us by SCEA. Once localisation is complete then our Localisation QA checks the wording and context are correct and then QA tests the functionality.

Resident Evil 5 Studio Lot. The update to this Space is currently being localised by CAPCOM themselves. Again, it will need both QA checks prior to release.

Guitar Hero 3 and Godfather II Spaces. As 3rd party spaces we need to seek regional approval from Activision and EA in Europe before we can bring them to you here but this work has started.

guggnichso

Banned
Checked the hats store.

There's a couple of themed hats like Pirate's Hat etc an a couple of top hats with country flag colours on them.

Coutry flags are US, ireland, UK, England (red cross on white), Wales, France, Spain, Italy (looks exactely the same as Ireland??), Australia and Japan.

Themed hats are 1,50Euro a piece, Flagged are 99cents.

Wollan

There's a lot of free clothing in EU Home today. V-shirts has a free t-shirt for the next two weeks while the standard store has 50's glasses and do-rags and whatnot.

GrayFoxPL

°°ToMmY°° said:
Capcom: "let's see if we can rape someone in the ass!"
33xvdyx.gif

yurinka

anddo0 said:
The "DLC" uses an unlock code, and is only 1.8MB.. That's sure a lot functionality out of 1.84mb.
As I remember, when I downloaded the Versus DLC it was just 131KB.

Still no update? Want to see what comes out this week since the "no online" killed Ragdoll Kungfu for me :(

Ahem, i shall stop my whining now.

Oni Jazar

I'll put this here as well in case anyone is interested:

The Godfather II poker room is up in Home now. I played it for a bit with two other people.

There is one table in the bottom floor and there are more in the upper levels that are more far off (and more quiet).

The game mechanics are fine enough. The controller rumbles when it's your turn. You have a limited (but ample) amount of time to decide if you want to raise, fold or call. You start with $2k and the blinds start at 10/5 I believe. Raises begin at $10 increments. This is a tournament so the game ends when there is only one person left.

Biggest issue I found was you can't chat while playing the game! All the face buttons are used to play and I couldn't find a way to open the chat window. The D-pad gives you access to silly avatar moves like "gun hands" and clapping. I guess you could use the in-game XMB chat now but gezz.

Another issue was people already found a way to glitch onto the table so while we were playing poker there was a Zangeif dude who was dancing on the table. He can't get in the way of the game though like block the table cards so it was just a silly annoyance.

Dibbz

Ragdoll Kungfu and PSN price drops? Looks like I better fill my PSN wallet up. Hopefully the price drop is right across the store. I've been meaning to pick up the ME dlc.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oni Jazar said:
Another issue was people already found a way to glitch onto the table so while we were playing poker there was a Zangeif dude who was dancing on the table. He can't get in the way of the game though like block the table cards so it was just a silly annoyance.

:lol

GrayFoxPL

Oni Jazar said:

That's fucking hilarious! :lol :lol :lol

Thanks for the head's up. I was going to delete home, but now I must check it out.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I wanted to come in here to say HOME is feeling a lot more useful these days. I entered the secret lobby and it was nice to see that you get a nice intro to the place. For something that is free, it feels like it actually has some drive to it now.

Not that it's the best thing ever but it's turning itself to be more useful with all the cool HOME spaces now.

Goldrusher

Some more Asian stuff...

japan.gif
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

ADD-ONS

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Rag Doll Kung Fu Pack (¥300)

► Mr. PAIN
○ character "Nigel" (¥100)
○ character "Kenneth" (¥100)

► Resident Evil 5
○ Versus Mode (¥250)

► Sonic World Adventure
○ Adventure Pack HOROSUKA (¥300)

► Dynasty Warriors Multi Raid (PSP)
○ Additional Content Version 7 (free)

VIDEOS

► Fallout 3
○ Introduction Movie 2

► Rag Doll Kung Fu
○ Trailer

► Sonic World Adventure
○ Night of the Werehog

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Rag Doll Kung Fu - theme

hongkong.gif
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

DEMOS

► Watchmen: The End Is Nigh Part 1

GAMES

► Rag Doll Kung Fu (HK$106.00)
► Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 1 (...)

ADD-ONS

► Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
○ Isles of Conflict Map Pack (...)

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Rag Doll Kung Fu Pack (HK$25.00)

► Resident Evil 5
○ Versus Mode (HK$38.00)

► Resistance 2 ( English | Korean Ver. )
○ Aftermath Map Pack (HK$ 48.00)
○ Multiplayer skins (HK$ 8.00 each)
– Rachael Parker
– Female Soldier
– Ravager
– Cloven (Retribution model)
– Ranger Variation
– Black Ops Variation

► The Lord of the Rings
○ Hero Arena Bonus (...)
○ Heroes & Maps Pack (...)

► Dynasty Warriors Multi Raid (PSP)
○ Additional Content Version 7 (free)

VIDEOS

► Hakuna Matata
○ All in one video

► Makaisenki Disgaea 2 Portable (PSP)
○ Trailer

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Rag Doll Kung Fu - wallpaper

LiquidMetal14

Wonder why not releasing Ragdoll in Japan with the costumes. They did for HK.

I can't wait to try that game. Gonna be a nice update today for the US and maybe UK.

Returners

yurinka said:
As I remember, when I downloaded the Versus DLC it was just 131KB.

Apparently the PS3 version is accompanied by a patch which is like 36MB. Can't really tell from the PS3 side.

The 360 is the most telling one.

Majmun

Maybe asked a few million times, but...

Can I purchase stuff off the NA store with my Dutch CC? I really want to (re)buy some of those Ps1 games.

Forsete

Gold Member
Second said:
Maybe asked a few million times, but...

Can I purchase stuff off the NA store with my Dutch CC? I really want to (re)buy some of those Ps1 games.

Well I can use my Swedish Visa in the US store, so I would think so.

LiquidMetal14

Laguna X said:
Aren't the PS1 games region-coded?
No, I have read some hiccups with UK/EUR games though. I think the last update introduced some new DRM perks. I have JPN and HK PS1 games and never had issues I couldn't work around.

Benedict

Discounts on the Swedish store:

Special price just for you!: €1= about 11 kr (sek)

Wipeout HD 140 kr
Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection Online 140 kr
High Velocity Bowling 55 kr
Crash Commando 55 kr
Pain 45 kr
R& C: Quest for Booty 90 kr
Siren Full game 199 kr
Riff Everyday Shooter 45 kr
Dark Mist 45 kr
Echocrome 55 kr
Piyotama 25 kr (köpvärt)
Elefunk 45 kr
Snakeball 45 kr
Calling All Cars 45 kr
Blast Factor Advanced (alltiett-paket) 45 kr
Nucleus 45 kr
Pixeljunk Racers 45 kr
Toy Home 45 kr

Edit: A game called Hail The Chimp (full game) is available for 140 kr. Wasn't this released as a Bluray-game before?

Wollan

EU Update is Live.

Bought myself Kung Fu Ragdoll and from the Sales I bought Ratchet & Clank and Pixeljunk Racers.

Excellent, excellent EU update this week. Three new games, *tons* of sales on many great games (I just happen to own most from before).

Also, almost all the games (all in this update anyways) have now gained Preview videos inside the store.

Top Bottom