• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 04/23/09

Fersis said:
Is not SCEA fault that you didnt bought those games back when they were released :lol
Anyway, after E3 come and say the same thing about SCEA....

I'll be around to say it :lol

I'm not falling for their promises anymore until I see it in the PSN store!

gcubed

the Heavenly Sword pack for LBP saddens me, it saddens me because i wish for a HS2, and i know it will never happen and this reminds me of it

Xater

Goldrusher said:
► The Godfather II
○ The Corleone Bundle ($9.99)
- Pentangeli Map Pack ($6.75)
- Level 4 Weapons Bundle ($3.99)
- Jack of All Trades ($3.99)

Wow already Godfather 2 DLC? EA really needs money again....

The Skater said:
I'm glad I don't use the video store, then.
Folding @ home is killing the Earth.
Either protein folding or Global Warming TM is going to kill us, it's time to decide which.

The real solution is for everyone to DL an episode of Aqua Teen hunger Force for $2, and it only takes a few minutes to DL.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
oh ..

LiquidMetal14 said:
5 PS1 games for Japan? FML

and it's biweekly , it's usually 4 to 5 PSone games every two weeks

Xater said:
Wow already Godfather 2 DLC? EA really needs money again....

look like it's some shit that already on the disc

Goldrusher said:
LittleBigPlanet
○ Creator Pack 1 (free)
○ Heavenly Sword Mini-Pack (€2.99)

what is this , wasnt Nariko sackgirl exclusive to pre orders or this something else ?

plz be Kai sackgirl , plz be Kai sackgirl , plz be Kai sackgirl , plz be Kai sackgirl

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Totobeni said:
oh ..

and it's biweekly , it's usually 4 to 5 PSone games every two weeks

look like it's some shit that already on the disc

what is this , wasnt Nariko sackgirl exclusive to pre orders or this something else ?

plz be Kai sackgirl , plz be Kai sackgirl , plz be Kai sackgirl , plz be Kai sackgirl

Kai and Nariko are in the pack.

GQman2121

Banned
At this point a classic games store is about the only thing that SCEA can do to justify the 2009' drought. Anything less will seem like a smack in the face considering the support Japan gets week in and week out. It's actually a very good idea and one that could expand to include a wide variety of titles.

GQman2121 said:
At this point a classic games store is about the only thing that SCEA can do to justify the 2009' drought. Anything less will seem like a smack in the face considering the support Japan gets week in and week out. It's actually a very good idea and one that could expand to include a wide variety of titles.

I really think we're setting ourselves up for disappointment with this notion that Sony will be able to pull off a classic games store in the US.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
The only thing I can figure on the lack of PS1 releases in the US is that they are indeed saving them all for some sort of PS1 Game Store tab on the PSN. That's my hope, anyway.

Looks like they'd lose sales that way, though, doesn't it? Wouldn't titles like Grandia sell a ton more if they were released in some given week along with 1 or 2 other titles, than if they were suddenly available on a PSN PS1 Store along with hundreds of other titles? Perhaps not. I know I'd buy it either way, but you never know...

At any rate, I'm glad people are making noise about it. Sony's got to be hearing... please let them be hearing.

EDIT: While typing this I see others posted the same. Man, I hope they do this. Probably won't, though. That would be too good to be true.

kassatsu

Banned
jp.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Updates throughout the week.

ADD-ONS

► Civilization Revolution
○ Elemental Pack
○ Terrestrial Pack (¥150)

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Heavenly Sword Mini Pack (¥300)
○ Creator Pack

► Mainichi Issho Portable (PSP)
○ Cosplay Game - Basketball (¥200)
○ Cosplay Game - Shark (¥200)

► Mr. Pain
○ Ao no Kutsu (¥100)

► The Godfather II
○ The Corleone Bundle (¥1050)
– Pentangeli Map Pack (¥740)
– Level 4 Weapons Bundle (¥420)
– Jack of All Trades (¥420)

VIDEOS

► Bayonetta
○ First Climax Trailer

► End of Eternity
○ Debut Trailer

MUSIC

► PixelJunk Eden
○ Soundtrack (¥300)

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► AngelLoveOnline
○ Custom Theme #5

What really bothers me about SCEA's lack of effort to put PS1 classic's on the PSN is that SCEA are still losing money, and putting these games on the store is essentially free money.

Mik2121

What's supposed to be included in the Creators Pack? Because in the MM blog it says:

Infinite lives checkpoint
Visibility tweak option on certain joint objects (to hide these in Play mode)
Global settings object (to trigger lighting changes)
Tetherless jetpack
Angle range proximity switch (additional functionality on proximity and magnetic key switches)

But we already have the visibility tweak option and the angle range proxy switches. That means we "only" get the infinite lives checkpoint, tetherless jetpack and global settings?

I wouldn't have thought it possible that a company could fail harder than Nintendo of America when it comes to supporting their own retro service but SCEA has proved me wrong. I realise that there's probably licensing and legal issues with some PSOne games but come the fuck on, no PSOne games in 2009? As an example, they could have done a month of Wipeout leading up to Wipeout HD's release and put up old Psygnosis racers like put the original Wipeout on sale, put Wipeout XL and Wipeout 3 up for sale. Maybe even throw on the old Rollcage games. Or how about that Wipeout Pulse content that North America never got? That's kind of a tangent, but the point is they can do more with retro releases.

Darkpen

Banned
So... was there an announcement from Capcom that I missed a week or two ago regarding PS1 releases? I just checked my thread on the unity board, and apparently the earliest they'll be getting a PS1 game out for PSN will be sometime late May.

Mik2121 said:
What's supposed to be included in the Creators Pack? Because in the MM blog it says:

Infinite lives checkpoint
Visibility tweak option on certain joint objects (to hide these in Play mode)
Global settings object (to trigger lighting changes)
Tetherless jetpack
Angle range proximity switch (additional functionality on proximity and magnetic key switches)

But we already have the visibility tweak option and the angle range proxy switches. That means we "only" get the infinite lives checkpoint, tetherless jetpack and global settings?

It also includes new tutorials on how to use this new stuff. And it is free after all.

Mik2121

SecretBonusPoint said:
It also includes new tutorials on how to use this new stuff. And it is free after all.
Yeah.. I kinda 'miss' the tutorials with the snowy feel.. it will be nice to do the new ones!.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
wow cool, tetherless jetpack plus paint gun would make for some great level creations.

Looks like PSN might be catching it's breath this week, at least for me. I've been buying at least one major item a week for about two months, doesn't look like that's going to happen today.

Besides the potential UFC Demo (which I am looking forward to,) a Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom Booster Pack is the big release this week?

Yeah...slow week, I guess.

Come on Fat Princess! Come on Pixel Junk 1-4! Trash Panic!

Azrael

Cuboid DLC is not coming this week. Mahjong Tales DLC is =/. Rotten update from the looks of it. If SCEA was smart they'd have had Trash Panic ready for today's update to celebrate Earth Day. This will be the first update in a long time Sony's gone two weeks in a row without a new PS3 game on the store.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
JetSetRadio said:
Can I find a godfather II demo somewhere on PSN?

I want to see how bad the graphics are before buying a second true crime :lol

MaaaartttttyyyY!

glaurung

JetSetRadio said:
Can I find a godfather II demo somewhere on PSN?

I want to see how bad the graphics are before buying a second true crime :lol

There's no demo.

You're best off buying Scarface for the PS2.

Baha

Azrael said:
Cuboid DLC is not coming this week. Mahjong Tales DLC is =/. Rotten update from the looks of it. If SCEA was smart they'd have had Trash Panic ready for today's update to celebrate Earth Day. This will be the first update in a long time Sony's gone two weeks in a row without a new PS3 game on the store.

Eh, what's wrong with the mahjong update? 25 new layouts and a level editor look pretty good. I might pick the game & booster up soon because of the level editor tbh.

Baha said:
Eh, what's wrong with the mahjong update? 25 new layouts and a level editor look pretty good. I might pick the game & booster up soon because of the level editor tbh.
Just so you know, the online is horrible. It was nearly impossible to find games even right when it came out, and every single game I have joined instead of hosting is lagged bad. I've had other people with it say the same thing. The game is fun, but there is that.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
eu.png

DEMOS

► UFC 2009 Undisputed

► Red Faction: Guerilla

GAMES

► PSN
○ Penny Arcade Adventures- On the Rainslick Precipice of Darkness: Episode 2 (£7.99)

► PSOne
○ Future Cop: L.A.P.D. (£3.99)
○ Championship Bass (£3.99)

► PSP
○ Need for Speed ProStreet (£17.99)
○ ChessmasteR: The Art of Learning (£15.99)
○ Exit (£11.99)
○ Need for Speed Most Wanted 5-1-0 (£15.99)

ADD-ONS

► Guitar Hero World Tour
○ Motörhead Pack (£4.39 | £1.59 each)
♪ "Jailbait"
♪ "Love Me Like a Reptile"
♪ "Iron Fist"

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Creator Pack 1 - Level Kit (Free)
○ Heavenly Sword - Level Kit (£2.39)

► Rock Band
○ Hautewerk Pack (£2.49 | £0.99 each)
♪ "Stop Start Again"
♪ "Alone in My Head"
♪ "I Know Where You Came From"

○ REO Speedwagon / Styx Tour’09 Pack (£4.99 | £0.99 each)
♪ "Ridin’ the Storm Out" - REO Speedwagon
♪ "Roll With the Changes" - REO Speedwagon
♪ "Take It on the Run" - REO Speedwagon
♪ "Can’t Stop Rockin’" - REO Speedwagon & Styx
♪ "Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)" - Styx
♪ "Renegade" - Styx
♪ "Too Much Time on My Hands" - Styx

► Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
○ Booster Pack (£3.19)

► Midnight Club: Los Angeles
○ South Central Vehicle Pack 2 (£2.39)

► Saints Row 2