• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 04/23/09

lupinko

panda21 said:
think some people had trouble with ntsc ps3s on SDTVs in europe as well

Sounds about right then about the NTSC mobo not being able to handle PAL SD, NTSC PS3s don't support 576i/p, only 480i through 1080p.

panda21

gofreak said:
:eek: It doesn't? That sucks. I was recommending it to my brother since he got free-to-air digital, but his PS3 is a US one..so I best tell him not to get it :|

yeah i nearly bought it, very glad i didnt!

i'd check since it might of been patched or something since but i'm pretty sure it doesnt work..

ShortBus

If it hasn't already been posted...

Trash Panic will be $4.99
"End of May / early June"

How does it take this long to translate an already translated game?
Good God.

ShortBus said:
If it hasn't already been posted...

How does it take this long to translate an already translated game?
Good God.

probably trying to wait so that they can have a ton of stuff the week of E3

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
ShortBus said:
fantastic, really wanted to play this!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
5 bucks? That has to be a mistake. (and no, i'm not upset i paid a little more than double for it :D )

If not they they don't have much faith in it, ala Piyotama and The Last Guy and that's really not deserved, it's a quality ORIGINAL title.

Also, they said there will be a demo, but short after the game's launch.

I must be one of the lucky ones then.

North American 60gb NTSC Launch console, living in the UK with over 20 PS1 games from the UK store and they all work.
Is it because I'm playing at 1080p?

Store is up. From the new release page i see
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters. $15.99
LBP Creator Pack 1
LBP Costume Pack
Godfather II DLC
Disgaea 3 DLC
Naruto Storm Pack 1 and 2 DLC
Sonic Unleashed DLC
UFC and Red Faction Demo
and more junk.

androvsky

BobTheFork said:
Honestly, I just wish people would stop acting as though SCEA has this big pile of ps1 games sitting on a desk that WOULD be uploaded if they could just get the guy who does that to come back from a coffee break. There are actual reasons for this; I didn't say good reason but whatever.

Funny you should mention this, since SCEA does have a pile of PS1 games from Capcom that they're not releasing.

sven said:
The first PS1 titles for PSN were submitted last week... when I have some dates for them, we'll let you know what and when is going to happen. :)

That was March 16... later that day, there was this update:
sven said:
Word I got back this morning is that this may take a bit more time than anticipated. We'll keep folks posted. And for now I'm still not discussing what title(s) they are. We'll discuss it when we're through the pipe a bit further.

Then there was nothing until April 12...

sven said:
Yeah, I posted in another thread, it seems the first won't go up until late May (that's the fastest the behind the scenes work at Sony can get done).

Which is, of course, a giant WTF SCEA. I think we can reasonably assume Capcom cleared all the legal and licensing hurdles, leaving Sony two months to dump some roms on the PSN Store (Don't even bring up PSP emulation issues, SCEJ figures it out somehow). And this is just Capcom. There's likely other publishers out there (*coughKonamicough*) that have submitted more PS1 games, but haven't posted the fact on a message board.

So why aren't they up?

On the other hand, late May puts it really close to e3. If there's not a classic games store, Sony's got a lot of explaining to do.

Goldrusher

us.png
NOW UP!

DEMOS

► Red Faction: Guerilla (733 MB)
► UFC 2009 Undisputed (561 MB)

GAMES

► Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters (PSP) ($15.99)

ADD-ONS

► Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
- Character Curtis ($1.99)
- Character Prinny Curtis ($1.99)

► Guitar Hero World Tour

○ Motörhead Pack ($5.49 | $1.99)
♪ "Jailbait"
♪ "Love Me Like a Reptile"
♪ "Iron Fist"

► LittleBigPlanet
○ Creator Pack 1 (free)
○ Heavenly Sword Mini-Pack ($2.99)

► Mahjong Tales: Ancient Wisdom
○ Booster Pack ($4.99)

► Midnight Club: Los Angeles
○ South Central Vehicle Pack 2 ($2.99)

► Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm
○ Storm Pack 1 (free)
○ Storm Pack 2 (free)

► Rock Band

○ Hautewerk Pack ($5.49 | $1.99)
♪ "Stop Start Again"
♪ "Alone in My Head"
♪ "I Know Where You Came From"

○ REO Speedwagon / Styx Tour’09 Pack ($10.99 | $1.99)
♪ "Ridin’ the Storm Out" - REO Speedwagon
♪ "Roll With the Changes" - REO Speedwagon
♪ "Take It on the Run" - REO Speedwagon
♪ "Can’t Stop Rockin’" - REO Speedwagon & Styx
♪ "Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)" - Styx
♪ "Renegade" - Styx
♪ "Too Much Time on My Hands" - Styx

► Saints Row 2
○ Ultor Exposed ($9.99)

► Sonic Unleashed
○ Holoska Adventure Pack ($2.99)

► The Godfather II
○ The Corleone Bundle ($9.99)
- Pentangeli Map Pack ($6.75)
- Level 4 Weapons Bundle ($3.99)
- Jack of All Trades ($3.99)

► Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X
○ European Assault Pack ($4.99)

VIDEOS

► PULSE
○ 4/23 Edition

► Alpha Protocol
○ Developer Diary #1
○ Developer Diary #2

► Bayonetta
○ Story Trailer

► Patapon 2 (PSP)
○ Hero Trailer
○ Multiplayer Trailer

MOVIE TRAILERS

► Not Easily Broken
► The Da Vinci Code
► What Doesn't Kill You

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

paid crap

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So... what place has the best deal on JPSN cards. Went through ebay before, but was wondering if there was a better place.

Jtrizzy

What is up with the video store? Half the movies I want are in sd and are "own" only. Why would someone pay $15 dollars to download an sd movie?

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Why do people think Sony is going to unveil a classic game store at E3?

When Sony fixed PS1 games to run on PS3, I thought they were going to start releasing the games. When E3 2008 came, I thought they were going to start releasing the games. When the Playstation Store got ported to PC, I thought they were going to start releasing the games. When the Playstation Store finally arrived on PSP, I thought they were going to start releasing the games. Now comes E3 2009.

I don't forsee it happening. But I hope I'm wrong. That's about all I can hope for at this point.

paparazzo

chubigans said:
Why do people think Sony is going to unveil a classic game store at E3?

When Sony fixed PS1 games to run on PS3, I thought they were going to start releasing the games. When E3 2008 came, I thought they were going to start releasing the games. When the Playstation Store got ported to PC, I thought they were going to start releasing the games. When the Playstation Store finally arrived on PSP, I thought they were going to start releasing the games. Now comes E3 2009.

I don't forsee it happening. But I hope I'm wrong. That's about all I can hope for at this point.
Probably has to do with a certain banned website's confirmation that Sony will soon put lots of classic PS1 games on the store.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The Skater said:
Probably has to do with a certain banned website's confirmation that Sony will soon put lots of classic PS1 games on the store.

I'll believe that when I see it.

Chemo

Yeah, I have zero faith that Sony is ever going to get their shit together as far as PSX games go. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they never put another one up in North America, regardless of how many Capcom submits.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
And people think Sony is going to do a DD only PSP. Sony can't even put their own fucking games on their own damn store.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Chemo said:
Yeah, I have zero faith that SCEA is ever going to get their shit together as far as PSX games go. It honestly wouldn't surprise me if they never put another one up in North America, regardless of how many Capcom submits.

Fixed. SCEJ is doing just fine.

neight

Banned
The Skater said:
Hahahahaha! :lol

So that explains it, they've been saving up for one hell of a ps1 explosion.

Hahahahahaha! :lol :lol :lol

batbeg

Holy shit, Future Cop! Absolutely one of my favorite games of all time! MUST buy for orgasmically good co-op fun tonight!

mintylurb

The Skater said:
Lol. Sure.. and orin is black and y2 isn't a virgin. Like kag said, I'll believe it when I see it

Top Bottom