• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 05/22/08

Xater said:
I feel the need to play something. How well does Wild Arms hold up?

I never played it when it first came out but I loved playing it on my PSP. It is very entertaining. The only REALLY aged part is the in battle graphics. Crappy early 3D graphics :-/

btutterrow said:
I never played it when it first came out but I loved playing it on my PSP. It is very entertaining. The only REALLY aged part is the in battle graphics. Crappy early 3D graphics :-/
I started replaying WA again (ones of my all time favorites) and I was surprised by how good the battles looked compared to my memory. I thought I remembered the character models being horribly blocky like FF7 characters, but although simple, the characters and monsters are still fairly well done.

buffi

Banned
4 new psone games on the Japanese store today.
Wizard's Harmony 2
Dig-a-Dig Pukka
Bomberman Party Edition
Lord Monarch

Bomberman is always nice, otherwise I dunno.

Dig-a-Dig Pukka seems weird
npji00053_1.png

buffi said:
4 new psone games on the Japanese store today.
Wizard's Harmony 2
Dig-a-Dig Pukka
Bomberman Party Edition
Lord Monarch

Bomberman is always nice, otherwise I dunno.

Dig-a-Dig Pukka seems weird
npji00053_1.png
I wonder if it works (Bomberman Party). The reason is for some odd reason, my Bomberman use to work on my PS3, but now I can't control anything (games loads up fine, but pressing controller buttons does nothing, so I gotta turn it off).

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
btutterrow said:

They were pretty badly aged when the game first came out. Things haven't improved. :D

Still very playable, though, and the best of the Wild Arms games I've played to date IMO (if only for the title music...)

Erebus

tanod said:
I think TTP, who is European press, said that it's delayed until June or July.

This sucks. Why are they holding it back? We've seen many videos the past few months and the game looks pretty much finished.

I guess SCEE doesn't want to tarnish their reputation of awful weekly updates full of trailers, themes, add-ons and generally everything else except for new games. :lol

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Holy cack, why was I not informed R-Types went up on the PSN a month ago?? Never owned the US version, so being able to read through the history and genealogy of the R-type universe is pretty damn cool. And only $5!

Also, the rumble is intense with the DS3!

Why is Sony so retarded in releasing more great PSOne classics over here?

DarkUSS said:
This sucks. Why are they holding it back? We've seen many videos the past few months and the game looks pretty much finished.

I guess SCEE doesn't want to tarnish their reputation of awful weekly updates full of trailers, themes, add-ons and generally everything else except for new games. :lol
If anything, it probably has to do with last minute bugs or even network issues (network still isn't complete for the game, or has other issues).

jvm

Gamasutra.
Speevy said:
PSN updates are like owning a Nintendo 64.
I had figured this is what it was like being a dedicated Saturn owner. (I wasn't "dedicated", but I did pre-order House of the Dead, which I think was delayed at least once. On the other hand, it was awesome picking up a day-1 Saturn game that I really wanted. And it's a decent port, to boot.)

Xater

TheIroning said:
I'm not sure Wipeout HD will come out while GT5:p sales are still healthy, for obvious reasons

But Wipeout is download only. I am pretty sure GT5P slls better at retail.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Brandon F said:
Ah so they are once again following the trend Nintendo started with Virtual Console!

the N64 VC releases alone stack up pretty favorably to the psone releases. But I sure prefer six dollars to ten.

Now this is probably a one way question, but anyway.

I remember (I think) there being a PSone compatible mouse made specifically for C&C back in the day, so, is there any way to get a mouse working in either C&C or RA on the PS3?

angelfly

levious said:
the N64 VC releases alone stack up pretty favorably to the psone releases. But I sure prefer six dollars to ten.

They're just emulating the price difference that happened between N64 carts and PS1 CDs.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Goldrusher said:
So what is coming ?
This week? Supposed to be Fatal Inertia - full game for download and an MP demo for the game as well. Other than that, I guess more RB/GH tracks, of course.

jvm

Gamasutra.
Danne-Danger said:
Now this is probably a one way question, but anyway.

I remember (I think) there being a PSone compatible mouse made specifically for C&C back in the day, so, is there any way to get a mouse working in either C&C or RA on the PS3?
Interesting question. I have the mouse, but not any of the PS2->PS3 controller adapters. I wonder what happens if you plug in a USB mouse? Would be crazy cool if it worked. (Doubtful.)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Oh and I have to admit that Sony really kicked ass with the new PSN store. I haven't bothered to check it for nearly a year, but last night purchasing R-Types, holding my DS3 controller...it was the first time since I bought the PS3 that I finally felt something was going...right.

KurowaSan

Fatal Inertia EX is up on the Jp PSN Store, ¥3600(~ $34.5/22€/17.4£). There's a demo of the game available as well (544mb).

Dante

If I find out Fatal Inertia is cause of the Wipeout delay there's going to be hell to pay :mad:

And :lol @ $35 I'm not even sure I'd pick that up at 4.99

jvm said:
Interesting question. I have the mouse, but not any of the PS2->PS3 controller adapters. I wonder what happens if you plug in a USB mouse? Would be crazy cool if it worked. (Doubtful.)
I had to try this in the name of science and ended up with some quite shocking results:
It didn't work

Also, why isn't there a way to map the D-Pad to the stick (like you can with most emulators)? You can do it on the PSP can't you? Or is it already there and I'm not looking hard enough?

The demo is actually pretty decent. And the race where you have nothing but boosts to use is a lot of fun. But there's alot of slowdown in the forest level. Especially when you come around the last corner of the track.

Speevy

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
The demo is actually pretty decent. And the race where you have nothing but boosts to use is a lot of fun. But there's alot of slowdown in the forest level. Especially when you come around the last corner of the track.

Is there slowdown in the 360 version or is this slowdown PS3 exclusive?

Speevy

Banned
duketogo88 said:
You know, I could live with a shitty update a few weeks in a row if they would sprinkle some good ps1 games in between.

It wouldn't be a shitty update then.

Good PS1 games are packed with more content than your average original release on the PSN, XBLA, or Wiiware.

Duke Togo

Speevy said:
It wouldn't be a shitty update then.

Good PS1 games are packed with more content than your average original release on the PSN, XBLA, or Wiiware.
Very true. Well, I guess if all else fails, I can always go get Beyond Good and Evil and play that. I need something to play until June 12th! :D

Speevy said:
Is there slowdown in the 360 version or is this slowdown PS3 exclusive?

I couldn't tell you since I haven't played the 360 version. There was some other slowdown on other courses but that's the one course that it stood out.

On a side note I got around to playing the Bourne demo finally. Did they let the GRID team program the driving section? Yikes!

Eh, didn't like Fatal Inertia at all. No sense of speed, shitty sound and music, boring tracks and shitty weapons. At least the motion control kinda worked.

Top Bottom