• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store - 06/05/12 - E3 week

I'm still downloading and installing that I started yesterday at 3pm.

Update, I started downloading all the new games as soon as the store went live. After 2 straight days (24 hours a day) of downloading it was still running. So I check it and VF5 is at 65% but didn't move as I watched it for like 5 minutes so I'm guessing it got stuck. I'll try to download it again.

Now comes the fun in installing all the games one by one. I'll start with inFamous since it's the biggest. Wow, this installing crap makes me shake my head each time. I really can't believe that this needs to do this.

snap0212

Now comes the fun in installing all the games one by one. I'll start with inFamous since it's the biggest. Wow, this installing crap makes me shake my head each time. I really can't believe that this needs to do this.
You're a PS+ member so there's no installing one by one at all. Just download everything, set the clock to update your PS+ stuff to the current time, turn off the system and it'll turn itself on and install everything.

Baron

You're a PS+ member so there's no installing one by one at all. Just download everything, set the clock to update your PS+ stuff to the current time, turn off the system and it'll turn itself on and install everything.

You don't even have to do that. If you want to play your new games sooner rather than later, select "Turn off System" in the first XMB column, and if you have any downloaded but uninstalled games (or even any downloads in progress) it lets you set it to (finish downloading if needed, then) install them all before the system powers off. Whenever I have a lot of downloads, I always do it before retiring for the evening, and when I get up in the morning everything is all done.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Bought the Sly games since I made the mistake of selling the bluray awhile back. It seems my saves from the disc version don't work though. I've already platinumed 1 and 2 but it kinda sucks replaying all of 3's intro stuff. Is this because the saves are protected? Or is it normal for digital and disc saves to be incompatible?

eznark

Banned
lol, i was like "holy shit Saints Row the Third looks like fucking garbage!"

Then I realized the free game is Saints Row 2.

deleted

androvsky

Bought the Sly games since I made the mistake of selling the bluray awhile back. It seems my saves from the disc version don't work though. I've already platinumed 1 and 2 but it kinda sucks replaying all of 3's intro stuff. Is this because the saves are protected? Or is it normal for digital and disc saves to be incompatible?

I think it's because often the game ID is different for disc and downloadable version. I suspect it's partly for patching reasons, so if there's differences between the two versions updates don't screw them up. Sometimes they're the same so there's no problem, but it's too bad since fixing it would be extremely simple.

spats

Yes. First Vita game to drop in price on PSN.

Everybody's Golf and Modnation Racers dropped in price weeks ago.

Is Saints Row 2 a bad game? I didn't download it yet, but I'm not sure if I want to.

It's not bad, it's just really old. No trophies, runs pretty poorly, looks bad. Still has a lot to do, and the radio channels had a great music selection from what I remember.

SmithnCo

Is Saints Row 2 a bad game? I didn't download it yet, but I'm not sure if I want to.

It's a great game. It has some features that SR3 doesn't have as well. (and a better soundtrack IMO) SR3 obviously looks a lot better but if you can get past that then SR2 is a lot of fun.

eznark

Banned

It's not good, but considering I played the completely broken and busted PC version when it first came out my opinion is significantly colored. At any rate, it's ugly as sin.

angelfly

This Space Marines game is weirdly...sort of fun.

I finished it up this morning and it was a lot better than I expected. I also think it handles the Superman problem in games I keep hear being discussed. It challenges you throughout yet you still continually feel like a total unstoppable badass.

This Space Marines game is weirdly...sort of fun.

I played it for a few hours expecting shit, and was pleasantly surprised. I am having a lot of fun with it. Especially because it's really not my kind of game. But maybe it's thinly veiled nostalgia for the license and memories of gawking at my brothers painted figures.

I just finished my first PS+ freebie: Motorstorm Apocalypse. And what a turd that was. I thought Pacific Rift was pretty awesome and I recently had a really good time with Motorstorm RC (even though that is clearly a very different game), but Apocalypse was just shit and barely a racing game anymore. The spectacle would completely distract from the already hard to grasp track layout and all the random obstacles on it, which would constantly make me crash. Couple that with the awkward movement of the 3rd person camera and you get a game that frustrates me almost throughout.
But thanks to the ridiculous rubber-band AI I would win a race no matter what anyway, so the game is not even pretending to offer a decent challenge. It's all about the unfolding spectacle and how much you can appreciate that while trying to play a game.

So thanks PS+ for saving me from buying that game!

Try to play it online for a few races. That's where it shines and where it surpasses Pacific Rift.

Nah, not interested. My problems with the game are too fundamental for that to make a difference.
I did play one online race, though, and there were three people that were super good so that I could never catch up to them. And another couple of guys were so awful that they didn't come even close to me. So I was rocking the midfield all by myself and didn't have a good time. :p

vdlow

So, PSN EU has a pre-order (pre-load) for Assassin's Creed 3 and Liberation. Can we expect something like this on PSN US?

TeegsD

So I am beginning to use my PS3 again and catching up on games I missed. Looking into PSN games too do to the value and a lot of them are fun to play with company. I just saw that I still have 7.05 left in my PSN Wallet and was wondering if there are any fun single or co-op games available at that price?

test_account

XP-39C²
Really one of the best features of plus. Just hit "download in background" and forget about it over the night. Next morning... All work done. What? Patches downloaded and installed? Uhuh, saves uploade? nice! Any firmware instaled? Cool!

Overnight installs should be standart, though!
Not that it matters much, but i just wanted to menion that firmware wont get installed automatically, it will only download it. The reason for this is because you are required to manually select "i agree" to the EULA everytime there is a new firmware. It is probably like this to avoid any legal disbute.

But i agree that the PS+ automatic stuff is a great feature :)

joshwaan

Damn I need a bigger HDD for my PS3 I have a 320 in there atm. I love using my US account, I been playing a lot of Rayman Orgins on Vita and just bought it on PSN.

I have
21 PS1 games
8 PS2 games
25 PSN games
15 PS3 games

Can I purchase a 1TB 5400RPM drive that fits the PS3 or do they only do 7200RPM?

With a 1TB do I need to partition it at all?

graywolf323

Damn I need a bigger HDD for my PS3 I have a 320 in there atm. I love using my US account, I been playing a lot of Rayman Orgins on Vita and just bought it on PSN.

I have
21 PS1 games
8 PS2 games
25 PSN games
15 PS3 games

Can I purchase a 1TB 5400RPM drive that fits the PS3 or do they only do 7200RPM?

With a 1TB do I need to partition it at all?

5400 RPM works just fine and what you actually need to make sure is to get one that is 9.5mm not 12.5mm

BHK3

Banned
I just finished my first PS+ freebie: Motorstorm Apocalypse. And what a turd that was. I thought Pacific Rift was pretty awesome and I recently had a really good time with Motorstorm RC (even though that is clearly a very different game), but Apocalypse was just shit and barely a racing game anymore. The spectacle would completely distract from the already hard to grasp track layout and all the random obstacles on it, which would constantly make me crash. Couple that with the awkward movement of the 3rd person camera and you get a game that frustrates me almost throughout.
But thanks to the ridiculous rubber-band AI I would win a race no matter what anyway, so the game is not even pretending to offer a decent challenge. It's all about the unfolding spectacle and how much you can appreciate that while trying to play a game.

So thanks PS+ for saving me from buying that game!

Yeah, all they had to do was make the handling just a smidge more arcade, instead they uglify the hud, handling and just about everything else...

jvm

Gamasutra.
I have
21 PS1 games
8 PS2 games
25 PSN games
15 PS3 games
Pshaw. That's nothing.

38 PS1 games
64 PS3 games
61 minis

And I certainly don't have everything installed. :)

I wish I could sort my download list so I could know just what I have...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
When you're ready, kassatsu, I'm ready to move to a new thread. Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!
It's not even Tuesday yet.

I think kassatsu should start the thread at the exact same time every Tuesday in an effort to shame Sony. :p

jvm

Gamasutra.
It's not even Tuesday yet.

I think kassatsu should start the thread at the exact same time every Tuesday in an effort to shame Sony. :p
I know it's not Tuesday. But someone has to get excited, right? Right?

Also... your tag ... I just ... but ... *backs away slowly*

Edgeward

So I am beginning to use my PS3 again and catching up on games I missed. Looking into PSN games too do to the value and a lot of them are fun to play with company. I just saw that I still have 7.05 left in my PSN Wallet and was wondering if there are any fun single or co-op games available at that price?

Critter Crunch is 7 or under. Good times SP

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Do I really need like 28 GBs free to download and install the 14GB Ratchet & Clank All for One? I had 20 GB free before i downloaded it and it downloaded just fine, but with 9GBs left free it still says I don't have enough free space to actually install. Very annoying.

angelfly

Do I really need like 28 GBs free to download and install the 14GB Ratchet & Clank All for One? I had 20 GB free before i downloaded it and it downloaded just fine, but with 9GBs left free it still says I don't have enough free space to actually install. Very annoying.

Everything needs double the space. Space for the archive and space to install it.

Takao

Banned
This should be the banner for this week:

qCIGL.jpg

Gravity Rush pissin' on the competition.

Top Bottom