• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 06/12/12 - Babel Rising (Move) | Gravity Rush (Vita)

BHK3

Banned
It's times likes these when I remember when the store got a redesign

And they just kinda forgot to put GT5:p on there.

GQman2121

Banned
I just fired up my PS3 and noticed that a patch for MGS HD was downloaded this morning. That's for transfarring with the Vita version, right?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Content started appearing at 12am so retailers not wanting games available before their midnight launches seems like the cause.

If so that's a huge load of bullshit. What about the people who were waiting to buy something other than GR or MGS:HD? Forcing everyone to wait by delaying the entire update is pretty shitty.

Eusis

Content started appearing at 12am so retailers not wanting games available before their midnight launches seems like the cause.
Yeah, not buying that. The game was out in stores earlier today, shipping from Amazon and arriving for about everyone (it came here at around 3 PM, when the store would usually update anyway), and if they cared for this kind of delayed crap they would've used it on a hotter item like ME3. I think it's just a fluke this time, an unexpected problem or whatever.

By the way, MOST people going "Well you got your midnight launch!" were joking in that it launched at midnight, but NOT the midnight it was supposed to.

Reclaimer

Both MGSHD and Gravity Rush are downloading now.

Fucking hell PSZ, about time.

I really want to support digital downloads, but this stuff should have been available at midnight yesterday, not 9pm on launch day.

Damn it. getting that np-2244-2 error.

I knew shit won't work properly here in china T_T.

Any sites that sell psn cards that email you the code?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, not buying that. The game was out in stores earlier today, shipping from Amazon and arriving for about everyone (it came here at around 3 PM, when the store would usually update anyway), and if they cared for this kind of delayed crap they would've used it on a hotter item like ME3. I think it's just a fluke this time, an unexpected problem or whatever.

I don't know. It does seem a bit suspicious that the store went up at exactly 12am on the dot. It really feels to me like this has something to do with retailers wanting digital versions of certain games to be available later than the retail versions.

Case in point, a couple people in this very thread got fed up with waiting and went to stores to buy the games they were waiting on.

Eusis

I don't know. It does seem a bit suspicious that the store went up at exactly 12am on the dot. It really feels to me like this has something to do with retailers wanting digital versions of certain games to be available later than the retail versions.

Case in point, a couple people in this very thread got fed up with waiting and went to stores to buy the games they were waiting on.
I think they would've tested this on what would seem like a hotter buy, like Resistance. Though there IS always the possibility that no one really did want Resistance afterall and it truly lacked wide appeal. No, we've seen this happen more than a few times when it was stuff that wasn't even hitting retail, and they would've announced that this would be a late update rather than "technical problems".

I think they would've tested this on what would seem like a hotter buy, like Resistance. Though there IS always the possibility that no one really did want Resistance afterall and it truly lacked wide appeal. No, we've seen this happen more than a few times when it was stuff that wasn't even hitting retail, and they would've announced that this would be a late update rather than "technical problems".

No, definitely not a property with wide appeal.

Eusis

Wonder if I can get that on Vita now. May actually want to rebuy and put it on just to play with the second stick. But I'll wait until the store properly updates incase there's actually a really good bundle with that and Portable Ops, that needs second stick support far more than Peace Walker did.

Teknoman

And that is a no go for Gungnir on Vita.

izQdwjKx0YlgI.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Port Ops really should be $5 along with it's expansion since the online is dead and buried now. Only way to play it "online" is via Adhoc Party or hacking your PSP/PSP2 to run Xlink Kai. :/

androvsky

So preliminary indications are that Gugnir doesn't work on the Vita yet (store hasn't finished updating), big surprise. SCEA would have to acknowledge two portable systems at once. Btw, does Hakuoki work on the Vita yet?

Eusis

Btw, does Hakuoki work on the Vita yet?
No, I've been using as a litmus test. As a result I've been very cynical about PSP support on Vita, and probably the most pessimistic person here about getting to play Atlus's upcoming games (well, one just now released) on it: what the hell's the chance of it going up day one if they can't be bothered to get a game that came out the day the First Edition Bundle of the Vita's release?
The PSN version of the game is also expected to be compatible with PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) handheld entertainment systems.
Don't underestimate the ability of Sony to trash expectations.

Eusis

PuzlAR is well worth the $1.99 pricepoint. Very cool!

They're most likely assuming. Nich said it was in Sony's hands.
Exactly. They said "expected", meaning they didn't know for sure but didn't think Sony would forget to enable it. But so far my cynicism panned out, disappointingly enough.

Top Bottom