• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 07/23/13 - PLAY: Stealth Inc. | Zeno Clash II | Chaos Rings (PSM)

ZeroAKA

So, is Chaos Rings any good?
I found the iOS version to be a mediocre game with a decent story (although you essentially have to play through it either 2 or 4 times with a different pair of characters each time) and very simple combat. Loved it at the time since the iOS didn't have many good RPGs, but I certainly wouldn't double dip now.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
I found the iOS version to be a mediocre game with a decent story (although you essentially have to play through it either 2 or 4 times with a different pair of characters each time) and very simple combat. I certainly wouldn't double dip.

Ah, too bad. I have trouble even getting through a game once these days. Thanks.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hey PSN store guy: Are you still here? Support isn't really helping me and I need some answers. >:/

vazel

Banned
not really no, it's $20 used at GameStop and there's only 2 used copies less than $10 on Amazon with all new copies going for over $40
ZoE Collection is going for $24-30 new.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007IFMEYK/?tag=neogaf0e-20
http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/zone-of-the-enders-hd-collection/99628
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Zone+of...75&st=zone of the enders collection&lp=1&cp=1

I think I'll buy ZoE2 now and wait for a PS+ sale on ZoE1. I was one of the idiots that bought Peace Walker HD at $20 so I'm used to paying the KojiPro PSN premium.

Looks like that short DLC for Thomas Was Alone is $1.74 for PS+ subscribers. I heard it felt like an afterthought of a level compared to the rest of TWA but for less than a cup of coffee, I'm in.

Chaos Rings is a shit port of a mediocre game that I really enjoy for reasons that I don't even understand.

I can't recommend it... but i really like it.

Tizoc

oh lol nevermind

That ZOE2 price is a true ripoff. :|

ZoE 1+2 Collection are $40 on US PSN to begin with. Split in 2, that's $20 for each game. ZoE 1 being $10 is weird though...
Well Okami 2 HD was $20, but that game was at least twice as long as ZoE 2, both have as much replayability.

I wonder if the EU Summer Sale will begin today.

Edit:

Saw this comment on the blog from Chris Howe: We will have more information on our big summer sale next week

Tizoc

I wonder if the EU Summer Sale will begin today.

Edit:

Saw this comment on the blog from Chris Howe: We will have more information on our big summer sale next week

Yeah I expected the sale to be starting NEXT week. Wonder what'd be on sale this week tho...

PS3 memories sale (Europe)

Additional 10% PS Plus discount on all deals, unless otherwise stated

Alice: Madness Returns
Was €29.99/£19.99, now €19.99/£15.99
Not available in Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary, Kuwait, Luxembourg, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE

Ape Escape
Was €12.99/£10.99, now €6.49/£5.19

Beyond Good and Evil HD
Was €9.99/£7.99, now €4.99/£3.99
Not available in Bulgaria, Hungary, Qatar

Demon’s Souls
Was €19.99/£15.99, now €9.99/£7.99

F1 2012
Was €39.99/£29.99, now €19.99/£15.99
Not available in Poland, Russia, Ukraine

F1 Race Stars
Was €24.99/£19.99, now €19.99/£15.99

inFAMOUS Collection
Was €34.99/£28.49- Now €17.99/£13.99

Killzone
Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.49/£5.99

LittleBigPlanet
Was €14.99/£10.99, now €7.49/£5.99

Medieval Moves

MotorStorm Apocalypse

Ratchet & Clank
Was €14.99/£11.99, now €7.49/£5.99

Resident Evil 4 HD

Starhawk

Tales From Space: About a Blob
Was €6.99/£5.49, now €2.99/£2.39

The Walking Dead-Season Pass

WipEout HD
Was €7.99/£6.49, now €3.99/£3.19

ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Classics HD
Was €24.99/£19.99 – €12.49/£9.89
(No additional PS Plus discount)

magawolaz

Jesus, SCEE is the worst when it comes to discounts. Ratchet 1 for €7.99? Americans got the whole trilogy for that price :/

Any opinions about Hot Shots Golf 6? I've already got it on the Vita and I've got Out of Bounds on the PS3 so I'm not sure if I should bite but yeah, these games have awesome local multiplayer and I've read somewhere that Hot Shots Golf 6 is actually pretty Full HD!

Withnail

Did anyone buy the Guacamelee DLC? I bought it but don't know how to get into the new area. I can see it on the map and it looks like there's a route from Desierto Caliente but I can't find the entrance.

Any opinions about Hot Shots Golf 6? I've already got it on the Vita and I've got Out of Bounds on the PS3 so I'm not sure if I should bite but yeah, these games have awesome local multiplayer and I've read somewhere that Hot Shots Golf 6 is actually pretty Full HD!

Wondering the same thing.

Chaos Rings is a shit port of a mediocre game that I really enjoy for reasons that I don't even understand.

I can't recommend it... but i really like it.

It was nice to have prerendered backgrounds again. I'll always feel a little nostalgic for them from my PS1 days in high school. Some of the areas were really pretty too. That said while I thought the game was fine on iOS (mostly because there weren't any other big jrpgs) I can't imagine a scenario where someone on the vita doesn't have something better to play between the Vita, PSP and PS1 libraries.

I can't imagine a scenario where someone on the vita doesn't have something better to play between the Vita, PSP and PS1 libraries.

That's true. Although I really want to play Final Fantasy V on my Vita. It's working on the EU store for God's sake, what is keeping those lazy bums of putting this underrated gem of a Final Fantasy game on the Vita?

RE4 is the best deal there.

Alice is way overpriced though I do want to play it. For some reason not selling in austria. Very strange because we got pegi.

sajj316

Sony really needs to kill the lower end of the PSM spec range, or just also say to devs 'hey you can have the game detect hardware and run differently!'

Couldn't agree more. Then again, Chaos Ring should've been a Vita PSN game.

kassatsu

Banned
Sony really needs to kill the lower end of the PSM spec range, or just also say to devs 'hey you can have the game detect hardware and run differently!'

To be honest, most PSM games run a hell of alot better on my almost 2 year old tablet than then do on the Vita

I hope there is a way to fix Chaos Rings, because it's garbage in the state it's in.

The loading could be fixed if sony got rid of the vita memory cards and used actually flash memory. Loads aren't as bad on my tablet, framerate is still a mess.

EU PS Twitter says there is a flash sale on items for Uncharted 3 Multiplayer right now. None of them are found in the webstore so I don't know the prices.

update: It's also in the NA region.. Flash sale ends Monday at noon Pacific.

SALE $7.99 UNCHARTED™ 3: Multiplayer Co-op Adventure Add On
SALE $5.99 UNCHARTED™ 3: Multiplayer Co-op Arena Add On
SALE $11.99 UNCHARTED™ 3: Multiplayer Competitive MP- No Level Limit
SALE $2.99 UNCHARTED™ 3: Multiplayer Competitive MP - Level 25 Limit
SALE $17.99 UNCHARTED™ 3: Multiplayer DLC Map Packs
SALE $24.99 UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception™ Single Player Experience

Eh. Uncharted 3 GOTY Bluray on sale would be a better deal.

Top Bottom