• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 07/24/08

nofi

Great interview on Ripten with Dylan/Q-Games. A fair bit of new info - confirmation of Monsters Trophy patch being in the works, etc.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
levious said:
I hope the "lost work" isn't PixelJunk Dungeons.
Ditto. Really intrigued to see what they might do with the genre.

DMPrince said:
Wasn't dungeon supposed a dungeon crawler? not really unique unless they took our mp3 and generated a level from it.
Other than art style, the previous PJ games aren't unique, never-seen-before game styles either.

kaching said:
Ditto. Really intrigued to see what they might do with the genre.

Other than art style, the previous PJ games aren't unique, never-seen-before game styles either.

I should have said: it was unique enough to bring and expand the genre to a wider demographic

Tntnnbltn

DMPrince said:
I should have said: it was unique enough to bring and expand the genre to a wider demographic
Prior to Monsters, I don't think many would have thought a tower defence game would ever be such a hit (especially with the casuals).

AndyD

aka andydumi
jjasper said:
Have they said if they will do some kind of scaling price on Siren. Say if I buy episode 1 tonight and then if I like it and want to buy the rest will I be able to buy 2-4 for maybe $35?

NOt likely, the whole point if a discount is to buy it all at once, not in episodes.

alterno69

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
Prior to Monsters, I don't think many would have thought a tower defence game would ever be such a hit (especially with the casuals).

I had never played a TD game and i LOVE Monsters :D

h3ro

Firewire said:
faints at the thought of getting rainbows on every level.

I don't think PJM saves are shareable... meaning that Trophies could be given based on old saves?

Anyone know for sure?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
DMPrince said:
That doesn't seem to be their primary motivating factor though...

Tntnnbltn

h3ro said:
I don't think PJM saves are shareable... meaning that Trophies could be given based on old saves?

Anyone know for sure?
I just transferred saves from one account to another on my system. All my rainbows were unlocked on the other account. I assume that means yes.

bryehn

So with Siren, can I buy the full pack and then only download the 3 packs as I wanna play them or am I stuck with the 10GB pack?

Also, I'd bet it's not game sharable, but can any Euro people confirm yet?

soldat7 said:
Demo of Eden? Saweet.

Also this.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
nofi said:
Great interview on Ripten with Dylan/Q-Games. A fair bit of new info - confirmation of Monsters Trophy patch being in the works, etc.

cool thanks!

Patrick: What’s next for PixelJunk? Is Dungeons on track for release in another 6 months?

Dylan: There are no dates set yet for future PixelJunk titles and I really want to start series 2 as soon as I can. That being said, we are definitely working on more! All I can say is visit pixeljunk.jp from time to time.

Patrick: Will Dungeons be in a similar 2D style as the previous games?

Dylan: Dungeons isn’t officially announced yet, and perhaps we will release a game before that one gets finished, who knows. We like to keep all our options open, and even something that seems as obvious as to what it is as “Dungeons” is, might not end up being what people expect it to be. ;-)

a bit reassuring on Dungeons...

Baha

The SFIV theme on the Japanese PSN is such a disappointment, it only changes the wallpaper, the icons stay the same. No idea if it adds sounds though, I disabled that a while back.

Baha said:
The SFIV theme on the Japanese PSN is such a disappointment, it only changes the wallpaper, the icons stay the same. No idea if it adds sounds though, I disabled that a while back.

Yeah, it adds some sounds, but it's a pretty poor theme overall - my main gripe with loads of these PSN themes is that the creators seem painfully ignorant of the fact that light coloured areas make it near impossible to read any text displayed in the XMB.

h3ro

Bootaaay said:
Yeah, it adds some sounds, but it's a pretty poor theme overall - my main gripe with loads of these PSN themes is that the creators seem painfully ignorant of the fact that light coloured areas make it near impossible to read any text displayed in the XMB.

Yeah, I end up darkening the background for themes like that, it helps a bit, plus it makes the icons on the XMB pop a little more as well.

Slacker

Aeon712 said:
I'd get Siren if I had the hard drive space :(.
Delete some stuff? Don't forget to check the "game data" section of the game menu. I had 20 GB worth of data on the HDD from games I don't play any more (mostly rentals).

AndyD

aka andydumi
Bootaaay said:

I agree. And my other pet peeve is the failure to properly handle the message notification box. Some themes leave it as is, which is fine, but some give it a white background with white text!!!! Manga theme, I am looking at you!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Anyone have a link to those super cheap Samsung drives? I think they were samsung.
I believe the price was about $97. May have been 320GB.

Doel

Anyone know if the Singstore has been updated yet? There are supposed to be some good ones up there today including "I want to know what love is" and "Un-break my heart" :D

MadFuzzy

Doel said:
Anyone know if the Singstore has been updated yet? There are supposed to be some good ones up there today including "I want to know what love is" and "Un-break my heart" :D

Yep, it updated a few hours ago.

Looks like it wasn't just a Street Fighter IV theme that went up on the Japanese store, it seems there are two videos as well.

sullytao

Sorry if it has been answered plenty of times already but is europe ever getting qure? It's really annoying watching America get all these cool beta invites and leave us with nothing.

Dante

TTP said:
ah-ah. GAF reference by Dylan :p

I saw he answered your PJM trophy question on the blog, sounds like trophy's won't be rainbow based at all. But rather, "beat this stage only using"......... Variety

MadFuzzy

sullytao said:
Sorry if it has been answered plenty of times already but is europe ever getting qure? It's really annoying watching America get all these cool beta invites and leave us with nothing.

No plans for Qore it seems but this URL was posted up about a week ago to let people sign up for future beta tests in Europe, but it seems applications are closed now.

sullytao said:

Not sure if Europe is ever getting it fellow Red Dwarf fan, but there are ways to buy stuff from the US store (www.etropay.com for example) and the betas should work with a UK account (I got accepted into the Warhawk beta with my US account, it was meant to be US exclusive but it worked fine on my UK account).

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Dante said:
I saw he answered your PJM trophy question on the blog, sounds like trophy's won't be rainbow based at all. But rather, "beat this stage only using"......... Variety

They have to atleast have 1 trophy for all stages rainbow.

Top Bottom