• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 08/24/10 - Shank | Alien Breed: Impact Demo

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Irish said:
If you've bought your Playstation within the last year. :( (Don't you ever die on me, 60gig.)

Huh? That plan is available for EVERYONE.

But it's a rip-off. $50/yr just in case your PS3 breaks down? Fuck you, Sony. You should give me three goddamn years for my GPU failing and having to pay $150 to get it fixed (only broke down because I actually USE the PS2/X BC on my PS3)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
TheSeks said:
Huh? That plan is available for EVERYONE.

"In order to qualify for any of the plans, your PlayStation 3 must still be within its one-year original manufacturer’s warranty."

TheSeks

Wario64 said:
"In order to qualify for any of the plans, your PlayStation 3 must still be within its one-year original manufacturer’s warranty."

Bah. What I get for just seeing the tile and assuming it was for everyone (with a discount on plus for 2 years being ~1 year).

Still a ripoff.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lindsay said:
That protection thing makes me wonder if Sony knows something about the Slims reliability we don't.

Well if it's highly reliable, then they'd be pocketing extra money from these extended warranties.

vercity82

Press your luck im loving it and Shank anybody pick up Motorstorm and does it have trophies?

Post your impressions please as tempted by it :)

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Wario64 said:
Well if it's highly reliable, then they'd be pocketing extra money from these extended warranties.

Yes true I think my thoughts didn't come out entirely x.x I meant reliable of older systems and them nudging people to update to Slims by putting this protection thingy in place. Like if they need something like this for the Slims what about my launch PS3?! ZOMG better upgrade like nows!! That kinda marketing tactic or something. I'm still happy to say my 60gb is working fine so Sony can't scare me!

UFRA

So the Protection Plan is not available to Wisconsin residents, but it's available everywhere else. :lol

I have a newer model PS3 so I wouldn't buy the plan anyways, but it's pretty funny that Wisconsin is the only state excluded. We must have some sort of law regulating it or something.

MrPliskin

Banned
Lindsay said:
Yes true I think my thoughts didn't come out entirely x.x I meant reliable of older systems and them nudging people to update to Slims by putting this protection thingy in place. Like if they need something like this for the Slims what about my launch PS3?! ZOMG better upgrade like nows!! That kinda marketing tactic or something. I'm still happy to say my 60gb is working fine so Sony can't scare me!

Yea...I'm pretty sure that's not their angle. They're banking on people just buying it as a warranty, knowing the limitations of the system. Basically, they know many of them don't break down, and they want that free money anyway "just in case".

For instance, maybe Sony knows that 1 in every 10 systems will eventually break within the first year or two, so they sell this to 10 people. That means they'll make $500, and spend maybe $100 to replace a faulty unit (which they will then refurbish and sell to a retailer or send to another customer).

It's a profit plan, not a scare tactic. I'd be willing to bet they make more on this than they would getting folks to buy slim units.

the chris

Tiduz said:
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 Network Demo

does that mean online play demo?

HNNNNNNNNNG

I'm pretty sure it's just the first boss fight that was in the same Japanese demo from a few weeks back, no online.

Greg

DMPrince said:
It's a beta. but you must have the disc version to try out the beta.
What is it, a major overhaul of the game or something?

It's not for me, but thanks for the reply.

Greg said:
What is it, a major overhaul of the game or something?

It's not for me, but thanks for the reply.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/08/18/mag-moves-plus-the-new-beta-program/

Play test this

Escalation Game Type — battle it out with all three factions at once on three never-before-seen maps
New Weapons — each PMC has access to three new guns (9 total) for added firepower
Clan Deploy — a highly-requested community feature that allows clan leaders to launch games with up to 128 clan members in a single match
Updated Skill Tree — enjoy more customization than you’ve ever had before with new skills and an improved progression system
In-game Economy System — earn “credit points” by completing objectives and killing enemies to purchase new weapons and gear
Additional Character Slots — Create a persona for Raven, Valor and SVER on one account for maximum testing flexibility

DiscoJer

jvm said:
HSG is so perfect. Why buy a $1 clone? Serious question.

When it was $6.99 I would have agreed with you (especially as Pangya Golf, which I think is even better than HSG was $9.99 on UMD), but $1 for a game that sits on your memory stick it's pretty appealing. That's less than most themes...

jvm

Gamasutra.
DiscoJer said:
When it was $6.99 I would have agreed with you (especially as Pangya Golf, which I think is even better than HSG was $9.99 on UMD), but $1 for a game that sits on your memory stick it's pretty appealing. That's less than most themes...
Well, HSG sits on *my* memory stick, at least. ;) So does HSG2. The PSP Go is great that way.

krae_man

jvm said:
HSG is so perfect. Why buy a $1 clone? Serious question.

I havn't played it on the PSP yet so I don't know how different it is(Ipod version has touch controls), but it just has that special sauce that Hot Shots has. It's just fun.

P.S. If you havn't played Pangya, you need to play that as well. It does some things Hot Shots doesn't that are awesome(story mode for unlocking characters instead of "beat him in match play to unlock him"), License challanges(have 10 tries to get a chip in from this bunker etc). The points you get for birdies etc are your currency to buy clubs and outfits.

DiscoJer

jvm said:
Well, HSG sits on *my* memory stick, at least. ;) So does HSG2. The PSP Go is great that way.

Yeah, if you already have HSG digitally then it's probably pointless. But I have it on UMD and while I only paid $20 for it, I don't really want to double dip.

Now if they had Pangya on PSN, that might be worth doing so.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man, oh man. PlayStatinon Plus is absolute bullshit. Does anyone NOT regret purchasing that thing? There is yet to be a SINGLE thing that's been offered that I would want, even if Plus was like $1 a month! :lol

XBL Gold and PS:plus are just garbage wastes of money...
to me

acevans2

PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap is great! I don't know why I thought of it as the ugly stepchild of the PixelJunk family.

Although, I don't know what all is new for 2nd Lap and what was in the original release.

Tntnnbltn

acevans2 said:
PixelJunk Racers 2nd Lap is great! I don't know why I thought of it as the ugly stepchild of the PixelJunk family.

Although, I don't know what all is new for 2nd Lap and what was in the original release.
Ghost mode is new, trophies are new, and the solo mode was re-designed to make it easier*.

*Changes...

Old version: 2 or 3 races/tracks per solo 'game'
New version: Only 2 races/tracks per solo 'game'

Old version: The overall medal colour was the LOWEST of what you achieved in the 2-3 races (i.e. GOLD-GOLD-BRONZE = Bronze overall)
New version: The overall medal colour is the HIGHEST of what you achieved in the 2 races (i.e. GOLD-BRONZE = Gold overall)

Takao

Banned
Oh man, I bought a Gameloft game off of DSiWare this week, and I just bought Let's Golf. I hope they don't get any funny ideas, like people actually wanting their games...

TheSeks

Shanks not bad. But no subtitles in cutscenes + no online co-op = not a $15 game for me. Sorry.

UFRA said:
So the Protection Plan is not available to Wisconsin residents, but it's available everywhere else. :lol

I have a newer model PS3 so I wouldn't buy the plan anyways, but it's pretty funny that Wisconsin is the only state excluded. We must have some sort of law regulating it or something.
Wisconsin is excluded? What the hell. I was thinking that this might be a decent idea, but I guess not.

Massa

So Motorstorm 3D Rift doesn't even have trophies... paid demo confirmed?

Why don't they add 3D to the original game with a free patch?

mik said:
error 80023102

Learn his name well.

And that's when using a PSN card?

Man, I hope that's a temporary error or something.

UFRA

Foxtastical said:
Wisconsin is excluded? What the hell. I was thinking that this might be a decent idea, but I guess not.

Yup. Not sure why, but in the description of the plan it just randomly says that it's not available to Wisconsin residents. Really weird.

snap0212

Massa said:
And that's when using a PSN card?

Man, I hope that's a temporary error or something.
I was getting the same error yesterday. Tried it again a couple of minutes ago and it worked fine. There's still no excuse for this to happen.

jobboy

on the japanese store SILHOUETTE MIRAGE is available to download...Damn my italian credit card is not allowed anymore on this store!! times ago i was used to purchase on US and japan store but now looks they're both region locked :(

Top Bottom