• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/10/09 – FIFA 10 Demo (EU)

Speevy said:
You don't want sound on something you have to stare at constantly.

As a matter of fact, I would argue that the more elaborate and animated the theme is, the worse it is. Crazy themes will get annoying QUICKLY.

exactly we need minimalist themes and also my personally i hate the static logos...also sound is a very bad idea imo

Pallaris

of all the beautiful things they could have done with the wipeout theme they went and did that. no wonder its free.

bought the LBP theme but already i'm missing the sparkly dust.

-Amon-

TTP said:
Content is UP. Use the Search function!

Italian store, found fifa 10 demo and wipeout dynamic theme thanks.

The themei s cool, but icons colors and disposition are a big letdown for me....

EktorPR

I wish Dynamic Themes were as awesome as the Singstar "Wallpapers", which are rich but simple (and have soothing background music).

I too was dissapointed with the Wipeout theme. :(

Sin

After staring at the Wipeout them for sometime I think it is a bit too busy and gets quite repetitive fast. Also needs AA.

I still prefer the LBP and Afrika themes.

kassatsu said:
NBA Unrivaled screens (NBA Jam 2.0)

8524_284897225001_280034525001_8675981_5154114_n.jpg

8524_284897235001_280034525001_8675982_2140196_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/NBAUNRIVALED#/NBAUNRIVALED

as long as this game isn't an utter bomb this is day 1

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Haunted said:
4, I think? 2 free (Afrika, WipeOut), 2 to pay for (LBP, PJM).

At least the last time I checked.

5, you're forgetting: pay-for: Motorstorm.

And the Wipeout HD dynamic theme is kinda boring after the first test showing stuff, it just loops in half a minute after that. :| Icons are nice but I'm not too sure how well they'd go with the background (but you can't download those seperately) of the static Wipeout HD themes. So it's useless. :/

Afrika theme is better in terms of the loop being after a minute or two and it's relaxing. I think certain cars from the series barrel-rolling/firing weapons/jumping off a cliff at certain points would've been better for a Wipeout HD moving theme. :/

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sin said:
After staring at the Wipeout them for sometime I think it is a bit too busy and gets quite repetitive fast. Also needs AA.

I still prefer the LBP and Afrika themes.

I wonder if any sort of AA is possible on these dynamic theme. LBP one sure looks much cleaner tho.

jts

...hate me...
TTP said:
1st icon on the top right (near basket and stuff)
Holy shit my country sucks so much ass, we don't even have that. Only redeem, transfers and shopping basket.

Jim

TTP said:
I wonder if any sort of AA is possible on these dynamic theme. LBP one sure looks much cleaner tho.

How does the theme look if you knock down the brightness a bit?

Tntnnbltn

TheSeks said:
5, you're forgetting: pay-for: Motorstorm.
There's more than 5.

Pay for:
○ High Velocity Bowling (US)
○ LittleBigPlanet (US, EU)
○ Motorstorm (US)
○ Pain (US)
○ PixelJunk Monsters (US)

Free:
○ Afrika (JP)
○ Wipeout (EU)

I wish Dynamic Themes were as awesome as the Singstar "Wallpapers", which are rich but simple (and have soothing background music).
That soothing background music drove me insane. The best patch they ever released was the one that allowed you to mute it.

kassatsu

Banned
eu.png
NOW UP!
/!\ Some content not available in every Store.

DEMOS

► FIFA 10
○ 1005 MB

► Fat Princess
○ 223 MB

► Holy Invasion Of Privacy Badman! (PSP)
○ 55 MB

► Katamari Forever

► LittleBigPlanet

GAMES

► Interpol: The Trail of Dr. Chaos
○ £7.99 | €9.99

► PSP
○ Fate | Unlimited Codes (£23.99 | €29.99)
○ BIGS 2 (£11.99 | €14.99)

ADD-ONS

► Guitar Hero 5
○ GHWT Disc Import Pack (£2.99 | €3.99)
○ GHWT DLC Update (free)

○ Street Sweeper Social Club Track Pack (£4.39 | €5.49) or (£1.59 | €1.99 each)
♪ 100 Little Curses
♪ Fight! Smash! Win!
♪ Somewhere In The World It’s Midnight

○ Singles (£1.59 | €1.99 each)
♪ Prodigal Son (Live) by The Rolling Stones
♪ You Gotta Move (Live) by The Rolling Stones

► High Velocity Bowling
○ Back To School Ball Pack (£0.79 | €0.99)
○ Graphic Pattern Ball Pack (£0.79 | €0.99)
○ Heather Haughtfer Pack (£0.79 | €0.99)

► Pain
○ George Takei Character Pack (£1.19 | €1.49)

► Prinny: Can I Really Be The Hero? (PSP)
○ Flonne’s Castle (£3.19 | €3.99)

► Rock Band
○ Freezepop Pack 01 (£1.69 | €2.29) or (£0.59 | €0.99 each)
♪ Get Ready 2 Rokk by Freezepop
♪ Less Talk More Rokk by Freezepop
♪ Science Genius Girl by Freezepop

○ The PAX 2009 Collection (£1.69 | €2.29) or (£0.59 | €0.99 each)
♪ Opening Band by Paul and Storm
♪ Origin of Species by MC Frontalot
♪ Re: Your Brains by Jonathan Coulton

○ Singles (£0.99 | €1.49 each)
♪ ABC by The Jackson 5
♪ Gasoline by Audioslave
♪ Kryptonite by 3 Doors Down
♪ Miss Murder by AFI

► Rock Band Unplugged (PSP)
○ Singles (£0.99 | €1.49 each)
♪ I Stand Alone by Godsmack
♪ Love Spreads by Stone Roses

VIDEOS

► Batman: Arkham Asylum
○ History of Arkham Trailer

► Battle Tanks
○ Trailer

► IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Launch
○ Trailer 2

► Mini Ninjas
○ Futo Gameplay
○ Suzume Gameplay
○ Launch Trailer

► Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time
○ Story Trailer

► Shatter
○ Trailer

► WET
○ Video Short 5

THEMES & WALLPAPERS

► Dynamic Themes
○ WipEout HD Dynamic Theme
○ MotorStorm Dynamic Theme (£1.59 | €1.99)
○ LittleBigPlanet ‘Sackboy on the run’ Dynamic Theme (£1.59 | €1.99)

► PS3 Themes
○ Batman: Arkham Asylum Batman Theme
○ Batman: Arkham Asylum Joker Theme
○ Army of Two: The 40th Day Theme

► PSP Themes
○ DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Theme 15

► Wallpapers
○ Dante’s Inferno Wallpapers x4

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Jim said:
How does the theme look if you knock down the brightness a bit?

Probably better. Can't check now. My kid is playing FIFA 10 :/

But anyway, I hate the icons. Not gonna use it.

Xater said:
The sotre if givong me errrors all the time. All I want is to download the FIFA 10 demo :(

Getting errors over here as well. Thought there was something wrong with my internet connection, but it looks like it's the store then, unless of course you've got the same provider as me :D

Vard

I was automatically signed into my US account but when I tried signing in under my UK account it said "PlayStation Network is currently undergoing maintenance." I want my FIFA 10 demo! :(

jett

D-Member
S1kkZ said:
is the littlebigplanet demo up yet?

It's on the HK store. A gig. Finally I'll be able to try out this game, see if the controls are as floaty as they seem in videos. :p

jett said:
It's on the HK store. A gig. Finally I'll be able to try out this game, see if the controls are as floaty as they seem in videos. :p

it's called momentum :p all objects in LBP have it including sackboys

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
jett said:
Wow... :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I can't find the Fat Princess demo anywhere?

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
jett said:

LBP has a huge following around here, and deservedly so, its excellent. I've played a TON of platformers in my many years of gaming, and the jumping in LBP to me feels incredibly floaty. Some people here say its not floaty at all, others say its floaty until you get used to it....I dont know...i played all the way through the single player story, and did alot of online stuff too with it but i never truly "clicked" with the jump controls....it just felt floaty to me.

I'd call LBP floaty, but I don't see why thats always considered such a horrible thing.

The controls not only work but work well.

sloppyjoe_gamer said:
LBP has a huge following around here, and deservedly so, its excellent. I've played a TON of platformers in my many years of gaming, and the jumping in LBP to me feels incredibly floaty. Some people here say its not floaty at all, others say its floaty until you get used to it....I dont know...i played all the way through the single player story, and did alot of online stuff too with it but i never truly "clicked" with the jump controls....it just felt floaty to me.

It is "floaty" in the sense of "not a specific jump distance" and it has not always rocksolid-landing. But I think this is for a reason, serveral physical parameters affect the jump&landing in LBP same as any other object. The game allows you to create e.g. custom devices to shoot objects and Sackboys around, that's why all parameters must also affect the Sackboy as like it would be a real knit creature in the real world (or else the level editor wouldn't really work the same way, I guess).
Though you can "move" while in the air so you aren't completely dependent on the physics.

btw: PSN Store gives me all sorts of erros and downloading is extremely slow for me (even after restarting etc.)

Top Bottom