• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/25/08 - Tanod's catch up week

Decado

Wag said:
If you haven't watched them, and really like the Sci-Fi/Horror genre in particular I highly recommend you download the Dead Space Animated Comics videos and watch them. They are particularly scary and well done.
I'm curious about the DS animated movie that is supposed to come out along side the game.

It wasn't letting me add funds, so I kept trying to re enter my card info, and now it's stopped letting me change it at all

I'd post an angry smiley but it seems I can only be happy and laugh

Remy

Week of the forever. Enjoy my $50, Sony.

(Wipeout + MM9 + Moving Pictures + Buzz video game question pack)

Nice diverse line-up this week, but new games are lacking demos!

We need day one demos for PSN shit Chony! Wipeout HD and that Gineon game or whatever the fudge it is.

Grabbing The Cult DLC (YOU SHOULD TOO, I WANT MOAR CULT IN ROCKBAND!), Stone Roses DLC, Tits Calibur 4 customization unlock code, Tits Calibur Wallpapers, and Tits Raider Underworld video.

nom nom nom tasty week!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Anyone knows if Burnout Paradise PSN is compatible with the save file created with the disc version? Also, is the EU store one multilanguage?

Chris R

Ok so I have two quick questions that I hope someone will be able to answer.

a) WTF do I have to do to turn on background downloading? Downloads only EVER make progress if I'm sitting in the XBM doing nothing. Anytime I'm doing anything the downloads stop. Help me fix this :(

b) Can we no longer add exact amounts to the wallet when making a purchase? Trying to buy Moving Pictures and it wants me to add 5.00 when it only needs 2.80$ more to make the purchase :(

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
rhfb said:

a) WTF do I have to do to turn on background downloading? Downloads only EVER make progress if I'm sitting in the XBM doing nothing. Anytime I'm doing anything the downloads stop. Help me fix this :(

b) Can we no longer add exact amounts to the wallet when making a purchase? Trying to buy Moving Pictures and it wants me to add 5.00 when it only needs 2.80$ more to make the purchase :(

a) Define "anything". It should work even in games (that do not use internet connection)

b) It was never possible to add exact amount to the wallet IIRC.

Aeon712

rhfb said:

A.Make sure the game you are playing isn't online or online enabled by default. Like when I play Madden/Mercenairies it connects to EA servers when the game starts and stops all bg downloading.

B. You are only allowed exact funds over 5$.

M3wThr33

Banned
TTP said:
a) Define "anything". It should work even in games (that do not use internet connection)

a) That's completely subjective. Some programs do it while Internetting, some don't. Not all games support it, sadly.

b) Anything over $5 you can get for exact change.

Basically it's:
$5.00
Exact Change
$10
$20
$50
etc...

Chris R

ok I knew I could add exact amounts to my wallet, just forgot about the 5$ fee.

And so I guess as Rockband is basically the only game I've been playing for the past 3 or 4 months that would explain why downloads never work (except that movies stopped the downloads too :| )

Jonnyram

So Japan gets Angel Love Online instead of Wipeout HD? FFS Sony, sort this shit out. No wonder people in Japan aren't buying the hardware.

womfalcs3

Banned
Gbeav said:
Okay I have to say Buzz is awesome.

I should've waited for Buzz! before I bought Jeopardy!. Now I feel I must take advantage of the 15 dollars I wasted before I can feel content with the purchase. :(

Bad case of buyer's remorse. My anticipation for a trivia game deceived me.

Gbeav

Banned
womfalcs3 said:
I should've waited for Buzz! before I bought Jeopardy!. Now I feel I must take advantage of the 15 dollars I wasted before I can feel content with the purchase. :(

Bad case of buyer's remorse. My anticipation for a trivia game deceived me.

I got Jeopardy also last weekend, boy is that a steaming pile of dogshit

tanod

when is my burrito
Holy shit Megaman 9!

Played the demo and was really enjoying the gameplay and the challenge. However, restarting at the damn beginning every time completely ruins the experience for me. Admittedly, I only made it to the third elephant on my last life but I don't have time for this game's bullshit. Not to mention that I don't think it will ever be possible to accomplish a single challenge.

This game, I guess, is not for me but that's frustrating because it could have been. Powered Up is a much better game than this.

TTP said:

Partially correct, dear sir. Just add the items to your cart, then at check out, it will ask if you wish to charge the exact total. But the minimum charge is $5, since there is a credit card charge fee that Sony absorbs per transaction, like every other store/company/strip club...

BTW, remote play outside of the house is probably recockulous, and with wipeout HD I imagine that you must be clairvoyant since the delay in BC:R all but killed that feature for me.

jvm

Gamasutra.
WasabiKing said:
BTW, remote play outside of the house is probably recockulous, and with wipeout HD I imagine that you must be clairvoyant since the delay in BC:R all but killed that feature for me.
T'was a joke. :D

I figured it was such a ridiculous idea that no one could take me too seriously. I played it too straight, though. :lol

jvm said:
T'was a joke. :D

I figured it was such a ridiculous idea that no one could take me too seriously. I played it too straight, though. :lol
saw the ellipses, but I was answering for those who may have took you serious. (like myself)

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Qore episode 5 will have Fallout 3, Dead Space, Resident Evil 5, and Shaun White Snowboarding. No mention of what downloads.

jvm

Gamasutra.
SuperSonic1305 said:
Don't know if it's been mentioned yet but Qore episode 5 will have Fallout 3, Dead Space, Resident Evil 5, and Shaun White Snowboarding. No mention of what downloads.
Three outta four ain't bad. We'll see if they step up and provide the unique info for once.

Rolf NB

No_Style said:
7.1 Dolby True HD 8-bit soundtrack.
They went totally cuckoo with the audio. During the intro, when the phone rings, the bass track in the music switches off ... because this sound hardware only supports three simultaneous channels, obviously.
kittonwybunny.gif

Next months QORE

dw27d.jpg

No mention of a beta or demo? Hmm, but at least the video content for this issue sounds really good.

Tntnnbltn

Marty Chinn said:
I've got the European version of Buzz. Anyone know if I get the US content if it will work?
All DLC (except SingStar) is region-locked to the disc. It searches for and recognises DLC based on the serial code (eg, Buzz! TV US = BCUS-98145)

Only reason SingStar isn't region locked is because it needs to be cross-compatible across different volumes, so doesn't use the serial method.

Jonnyram

Anyone know a site where I can buy US PSN points online? (besides Sony, I mean, like an online store that will give me the code immediately).

NBA 09 The Inside is not a good game. I mean, it's a little better than last year, but this isn't a surprise. I'm finding Live to be fun to play this year, and 2k is scaring me by not releasing a demo yet...

Darkpen

Banned
So has anyone that's familiar with Japanese tried that Angel Online MMORPG yet? I couldn't figure out the registration process by blindly entering info like I usually do, and when I cancelled out, it did an update, and sent me to the login screen. Very free PC mmo-esque, in terms of the login prompt.

Jonnyram said:
Anyone know a site where I can buy US PSN points online? (besides Sony, I mean, like an online store that will give me the code immediately).
They are B&M only, mostly because a store can't sell PSN Cards unless SCEA sets it up for a store to activate them at the register (and they are all B&M). Online retailers which sell the cards don't carry them (I have a feeling they never will, but I could be wrong).

Wipeout HD freezes for me, so I'll have to stick to playing offline. :(
TheMissingLink said:
NBA 09 The Inside is not a good game. I mean, it's a little better than last year, but this isn't a surprise. I'm finding Live to be fun to play this year, and 2k is scaring me by not releasing a demo yet...
I kind of like it, but prefer Live. There are some things it does right (like mapping R1 as the Turbo instead of R2). I still feel the game needs to have the crowd into it more and the shooting could use an overhaul (two seasons ago, I found the shooting to be pretty good). The amount of features NBA 09 has is pretty good I'll have to admit (like gaining experience, The Life Mode, Trophies, etc.).

Darkpen

Banned
tanod said:
Holy shit Megaman 9!

Played the demo and was really enjoying the gameplay and the challenge. However, restarting at the damn beginning every time completely ruins the experience for me. Admittedly, I only made it to the third elephant on my last life but I don't have time for this game's bullshit. Not to mention that I don't think it will ever be possible to accomplish a single challenge.

This game, I guess, is not for me but that's frustrating because it could have been. Powered Up is a much better game than this.
msmma said:
lol...man up, wuss. Welcome to old school gaming. :D
:|

Those elephants can burn in hell for all I care.

No45 said:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=336409

That should get you through registration at least. :)
thanks

tanod

when is my burrito
Darkpen said:
:|

Those elephants can burn in hell for all I care.

Seriously! Fuck that game and fuck people trumpeting "old school gaming." Megaman 1 on the NES is the first video game I ever played when I was around 5 years old.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Where was the Mega Man demo on PSN? I looked all over the store last night and could only find the full game -- which I ended up buying, and am already about to throw the controller out the window.

I should just disconnect the PS3 from my router because it's encouraging me to spend money on these downloads I never like.

No45

Cosmic Bus said:
Where was the Mega Man demo on PSN? I looked all over the store last night and could only find the full game -- which I ended up buying, and am already about to throw the controller out the window.

I should just disconnect the PS3 from my router because it's encouraging me to spend money on these downloads I never like.
It was on the main latest page on the UK PSN (Although quite a way from the full game).

Christopher

honest some of you are really punks I honestly thoguht this game was going to be really hard they way some people were talking about it...it's not, it truly is Megaman 1/2-esque in difficulty...maybe I'm just good at Megaman? ;p

Top Bottom